Troll

Posted By: lostclimate

Troll - 10/14/11 07:10

well my most recent addition to my side project as seen on another thread :

4851 tri's
misc. size maps for different objects laugh

just need to finish inner mouth and then i might try to collaborate elsewhere for rigging and animation:)
Posted By: dice

Re: Troll - 10/14/11 08:00

Looks very nice! I like the cruel tooths!!

Could be a good boss monster for my Towerdefense hihi grin
Posted By: mrcerez

Re: Troll - 10/14/11 10:03

is it free?

realy i want use tongue
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Troll - 10/14/11 18:45

Originally Posted By: mrcerez
is it free?

realy i want use tongue

i just squirted my orange jouce because of that post tongue

model looks good, but i am not entirely sure about the proportions. maybe thats the angle?
Posted By: ratchet

Re: Troll - 10/14/11 19:18

It have big and small legs with big foot like some elephants
or animals like Rhino.
So i think it's some sort of new Troll race or mutant troll : Good laugh

Perhaps it could have been done more menacing with the face with a thinner nose ? ( It looks kinda gentle and non agressive )

Trolls : i never seen one, they mainly come from imagination, why should we all make always the same trolls style and proportions with very samll variations ?
Why not making a troll having some crab calw in place of one hand and arm ?
Posted By: MrGuest

Re: Troll - 10/14/11 19:46

Originally Posted By: ratchet

Trolls : i never seen one, they mainly come from imagination, why should we all make always the same trolls style and proportions with very samll variations ?
Why not making a troll having some crab calw in place of one hand and arm ?
because it then wouldn't be a Troll (and possibly would be a Croll?)

Re: Troll - 10/16/11 00:59

... ok... so modeling the inside of a mouth separately is a bitch. that took forever and it still doesnt look the way i want it too frown oh well at least its done laugh

A little rigging process. laugh

Re: Troll - 10/16/11 13:01

The last render is great laugh

My personnal taste :

-For the mouth, you should have put lot more teeth ? only two look strange, perhaps one model representing multiple teeth and good normal map ?

-The tongue, did'nt needed to be modeled like that you could have only made some simple polygon extrude inside the motuh to represent the tongue ? But perhaps you also want to animate the tongue ? (not necessary detail specially if you fight the monster
the tongue details is not needed (only on high detail cinématics perhaps ?)

Anyway great model.
Are you planning a simple game or shooter using it ?

Re: Troll - 10/16/11 16:10

the mouth is fully rigged along with cheeks and eyebrows:)

dont know i might add more teeth. I kinda wanted to make it look like it tears chunks of food instead of chewing them.

Re: Troll - 10/16/11 18:55

Are you using a mouse or a Pen tablet with Sculptris ?

Re: Troll - 10/16/11 18:59

small tablet. I downgraded in size to get a better quality tablet (wacom) kinda wish i hadnt now frown

Hey, maybe if i get some purchases on some of the new models im putting up soon.:) or the android game im working on laugh nah that will all go towards rent laugh

Re: Troll - 10/16/11 22:45

I have also a small wacom tablet and it's really enought for my us. It depends on what you do with it !

Re: Troll - 10/17/11 00:21

I get a lot of jitter on my 6x4 smirk
Posted By: ryangregory

Re: Troll - 10/17/11 00:42

Hi, the Troll looks really small more like a goblin or something, its mainly to do with the size of the head I think. Creatures heads stay generally the same size as you scale the rest of them up, so a large troll would have a smaller head compared to the rest of its body. I would also spend some time practicing anatomy, do some quick sculpts copying from books or photos so you can get more knowledge on it overall. Just some thoughts, anyway Keep going man!

Re: Troll - 10/18/11 07:44

hmmm, i do practice a lot on anatomy but what you said about head size does not hold true in all cases. for example the troll from the lord of the rings:

give him a larger jaw to support tusks and it be about the same ratio as mine. I had a smaller head on him before and intentionally changed it because it didnt bring the feel i'd like.

Re: Troll - 10/18/11 18:35

Of course its not an absolute rule, just a general guideline. large creatures can have big heads and small creatures can have small heads, but unless your a really talented artist its hard to make it look convincing. Its also not just reliant on the head size but the rest of the characters body that conveys the size and weight. your character for instance has a big head but relatively small and meak body, where the lord of the rings troll has a large head but also a large and hefty frame to support it.
Heres a few examples to give you an idea of what I mean:

Re: Troll - 10/18/11 19:04

See I think certain size that starts to disappear, this guy is supposed to be about 10' so I'm looking more for the props of your bottom left ones. What I think throws it a lil off is my choice to not to give him the usual bulky upper back\shoulders like but for jaw animation issues I made it a lil more flexible. laugh

Re: Troll - 10/18/11 19:05

See I think certain size that starts to disappear, this guy is supposed to be about 10' so I'm looking more for the props of your bottom left ones. What I think throws it a lil off is my choice to not to give him the usual bulky upper back\shoulders like but for jaw animation issues I made it a lil more flexible. laugh

Re: Troll - 10/18/11 19:20

Yeah larger back/shoulders would have probably helped to make it look bigger. Its all stuff to consider for future models though as this one seems pretty much done, I look forward to see what you come up with next. laugh

Re: Troll - 10/18/11 19:34

Ty. I might still bulk up the low poly back if rigging will allow:) not sure yet:)
© 2024 lite-C Forums