[A5] Billies Wish (2004)

Posted By: HeelX

[A5] Billies Wish (2004) - 05/08/12 22:47

Well, folks, because the "what were you working on" thread has been disappearing somehow (detective Mike Morbius is already investigating this case!), I'm going to unpack now something completely unexpected! (Only Captain Kiyaku knew that ^^)

"Billie's Wish" is an A5 game (!) that I made in the wonderful year 2004 for the Conitec contest at that time. Billie is actually a girl that has been trapped in a ridiculous world ... that is ... governed ... by worms (sic!). And the goal of this game is - how could it be otherwise - is to collect a certain amount of coins in a certain amount of time (silly! Who invented that??? smile). Use the arrow keys to move and press Space to jump. Pretty simple, is'nt it?

You can download the compiled game (the contest version) here: http://www.christian-behrenberg.de/files/retro/billiesWish-A5-2004.rar

At that time, no sounds were included, but I developed the game 3 months further. Unfortunately, the source won't compile properly with any A5 or A6 version I have. Plus, if I try to hack the C-Script, the game crashes. I added lots of plants, water and other cool stuff as far as I remember.

FUN FACT: This was the game I have done after the original (!) RUDI prototype I did back then with the Ruhr-IT team. So, basically, this was my very first game that I did on my own, including models, textures and else. I was so proud wink

And here are some screenshots:

Re: [A5] Billies Wish (2004) - 05/08/12 22:47

I hope you like it, I really enjoyed playing old material smile smile smile

BTW: @George: I was never listed and I never received a response.. ^^ bad you! cry grin
Posted By: rayp

Re: [A5] Billies Wish (2004) - 05/08/12 23:34

I like the look try to play it at the weekend.
Posted By: ratchet

Re: [A5] Billies Wish (2004) - 05/09/12 00:31

You should remake an new undie version laugh

Re: [A5] Billies Wish (2004) - 05/09/12 13:07

Originally Posted By: ratchet
You should remake an new undie version laugh
Yeah, I thought about this, too,... several times. But I have no robust concept for that. The "collect coins in time" idea is really silly, I think.
Posted By: lemming

Re: [A5] Billies Wish (2004) - 05/09/12 14:52

Originally Posted By: HeelX
The "collect coins in time" idea is really silly, I think.

I don't think so. If it's as easy as running around, yes. But if the level is more complex and has some puzzles I guess that's ok.
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: [A5] Billies Wish (2004) - 05/29/12 00:32

YES! Now i can replay it EVERYTIME i want \o/
And yeah, you should keep working on it tongue
© 2024 lite-C Forums