liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.020

Posted By: TechMuc

liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.020 - 05/16/12 14:47

Hi there,

Okay as already mentioned in another thread..i restarted the development of my lovely little editor (also called liteEditor). Probably just because i'm so totally jealous that Templebauer also has build up an own editor.. So i put around 1 week of work into the new version (finally version 0.02).

What's new? I think mainly stability. I fixed quite a lot of issues, implemented the boost threading library to speed up the multi-threading in the editor and at the same time make it more secure.

Download the latest version from: http://www.dev-software.com/led/liteEdit_020.exe or just start your old copy (v 0.01) of led and press "update" tongue.

Please give it a try. I know there have been a lot of bugs and crashs in the old version - and probably there will be some issues also in the new version. But it should be more stable than ever (at least wink ).

Screenshots:

project screen (automatic resolving of includes)

debugging features

auto complete

and so much more laugh
have fun with the new editor.

Greetings Timo
Posted By: sivan

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.020 - 05/16/12 14:57

another thing to test laugh

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.020 - 05/18/12 12:05

hi,
I've just tried you editor (it could be an enormous job!) and have the following comments:
- the window structure is fine, setting fonts, -diag, -nx is okay, finally I found them. also I was able to somehow switch off line wrapping.
- an easy access to acknex.chm is fine too, but it is German only, and I would need English. mouse wheel does not work in help window (at least at the moment for me).
- one important thing I cannot find is comment/uncomment selected lines. without that I cannot live laugh
- another thing is to close/open code parts between #ifdef/#ifndef/#else/#end. it is also very important for me, when I have to test more script versions for the same task.
- I got neither desktop nor start menu icons after installation, it would be fine to have them.
- the installer could have an option for file type association too. (some time ago I used a free install creator that have had these features)
for the first sight I have these observations, hopefully helpful.

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.020 - 05/18/12 13:40

thank you so much for your comments sivan, they are extremly helpful for me.

Quote:
an easy access to acknex.chm is fine too, but it is German only, and I would need English. mouse wheel does not work in help window (at least at the moment for me).

Missing mouse wheel support is a bug, i'll fix in the next version. There will also be an english help file in the next version.

Quote:
one important thing I cannot find is comment/uncomment selected lines. without that I cannot live

ha really? I never use this function, but yeah, i'll implemenet this. should be pretty easy. What would you expect here?

1) button to toggle comments? (automatically removes or adds comments, dependend on the line selection)
2) one button for commenting, one for uncmmenting (if there is already a comment (e.g. //, the editor will make a double comment)

Quote:
another thing is to close/open code parts between #ifdef/#ifndef/#else/#end. it is also very important for me, when I have to test more script versions for the same task.

You're absolutly right, that's a big missing feature. Will think about, how to implement it. Thanks for the hint.

Quote:
I got neither desktop nor start menu icons after installation, it would be fine to have them.

Will be implemented laugh

Quote:
the installer could have an option for file type association too.
I'll implement this feature in far future, when the editor is actually good enough, that i'll try to force the people to use it tongue

Thanks again for the helpful and constructive comment.

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.020 - 05/18/12 13:52

hi,
just like in SED, one button for comment and another for uncomment is perfect - this avoids the problem of switching already commented lines to uncommented, when commenting a section (real comment lines) - I prefer // on each line beginning than /* ... */
Posted By: HeelX

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.020 - 05/18/12 14:39

I used your application 10 minutes, here are my first remarks:

- if you abbreviate your app, call it "LED" in uppercase - that is more similar to the other Gamestudio apps, if you wanted that
- it is called "recent files", not "rescent"
- I really like highlighting of all other text instances of a selected text, but when I click elsewhere (not selecting), it doesn't go away.
- you are sorting header and source files. It would be cool if you could an option "open header" when you right-click a source file and vice versa
- I opened a script and ran it by pressing F5 - from where do you get the engine path?
- I would like to create and store different engines from which I would like to select with a drop down box. So this way I can run a script with a beta but chouse a stable release for compilation
- I ran a script and got the following errors in the box at the bottom of the screen

Error (16:42:36): error loading settings C:\Users\Christian\AppData\Roaming\liteEditor\led\led.config. Error reason file I/O error, line 0 in File settings.cpp (Line 950; Function ledSettingsClass::load)
Error (16:42:36): error loading settings C:\Users\Christian\AppData\Roaming\liteEditor\code_metrics_code_metrics.config. Error reason file I/O error, line 0 in File settings.cpp (Line 950; Function ledSettingsClass::load)
Error (16:42:36): error loading settings C:\Users\Christian\AppData\Roaming\liteEditor\ftp_server_ftp_settings.config. Error reason file I/O error, line 0 in File settings.cpp (Line 950; Function ledSettingsClass::load)

- the create file dialog is messed up, why do I have to select litec as language?
- plus, I can't select if this is going to be a .c, a .h, an .fx file or whatsoever
- I would like to have a create .c/.h file-pair, example: if I want to create a .c/.h pair with the name "player" 2 files are generated: player.c and player.h with the following structure

player.c:

Code:
#ifndef player_c
#define player_c

#include "player.h"

// insert code here

#endif /* player_c */

player.h:

Code:
#ifndef player_h
#define player_h

// insert variables, prototypes, etc. here

#include "player.c"

#endif /* player_h */

- I don't understand the way you insert "unknown" files into the tree [EDIT] if I want to add a file to the same level of a tree that you apparently parsed from an opened script, I simply can't do that
- I can not open the gamestudio help???

However, this looks very good to me. Unfortunately, as long as you don't streamline it towards Gamestudio and add custom use-case specific things, I will stick to my favorite editor (Programmer's Notepad) which I have customized so that it fits my needs.

P.S: you really have to take care of the file creation, it is very uncomfortable to me.

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.020 - 05/18/12 15:38

Quote:
if you abbreviate your app, call it "LED" in uppercase - that is more similar to the other Gamestudio apps, if you wanted that

LED looks so ugly frown

Quote:
it is called "recent files", not "rescent"

thanks

Quote:
you are sorting header and source files. It would be cool if you could an option "open header" when you right-click a source file and vice versa

will be added in the next version. Will also add a "shortcut" (ALT+O) to switch between those two files.

Quote:
I really like highlighting of all other text instances of a selected text, but when I click elsewhere (not selecting), it doesn't go away.

Hmm jip. Seems to be a dumb bug. I'll fix that.

Quote:
I opened a script and ran it by pressing F5 - from where do you get the engine path?

From the registry. Though you can change it, in the settings of the lite-c langauge. I'll add a way to use several gamestudio installations, but, as this is a little bit more compliacated, this will not be implemented in the next alpha release.

Quote:
- I ran a script and got the following errors in the box at the bottom of the screen

Thanks. Those errors should be gone at the next start of led, but I admit they are really ugly laugh I'll remove those error messages, as they are just "intended" for the first start of led.

Quote:
- the create file dialog is messed up, why do I have to select litec as language?
- plus, I can't select if this is going to be a .c, a .h, an .fx file or whatsoever

Yes i admit, that this dialog is very user-unfriendly. I'll have to think of something to solve that problem. Probably I'll just skip the initial dialog, and determine the used programming language (might be hlsl, a txt file or litec) from the extension you choose.

Quote:
- I would like to have a create .c/.h file-pair, example: if I want to create a .c/.h pair with the name "player" 2 files are generated: player.c and player.h with the following structure

Yep would be pretty cool, and should be very easy to implement.

Quote:
- I don't understand the way you insert "unknown" files into the tree [EDIT] if I want to add a file to the same level of a tree that you apparently parsed from an opened script, I simply can't do that

Actually there is no way in this version frown I fixed some bugs when adding a new file yesterday, but it's still kinda buggy (that's why i disabled this feature in the current version). Will make it to 0.21

Quote:

View --> Help.

Greetings and thanks a lot for your help Christian,
Timo

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.020 - 05/18/12 16:20

Originally Posted By: TechMuc
Quote:

View --> Help.
Uh, this is terrible! Why don't you open the original file in the CHM browser? Just execute C:\Windows\hh.exe with the absolute path to the manual file passed as parameter, like C:\Windows\hh.exe G:\dev\engines\A8.32.0\3dgs_manual.chm. This way you stay independent from the manual in the case the user uses an updated manual.

By the way, something like

Quote:
This help file was created with an unregistered evaluation copy of Help & Manual. © EC Software. All rights reserved. This message will not appear if you compile this help file with the registered version of Help & Manual.

looks really.. well.. it should'nt be there wink
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.020 - 05/18/12 16:40

check for internet connection and then use the online manual instead of the local one wink
you should also add an option to select more help files (anet, gstnet, lbgui, ...)

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.020 - 05/18/12 16:56

Quote:
Uh, this is terrible! Why don't you open the original file in the CHM browser? Just execute C:\Windows\hh.exe with the absolute path to the manual file passed as parameter, like C:\Windows\hh.exe G:\dev\engines\A8.32.0\3dgs_manual.chm. This way you stay independent from the manual in the case the user uses an updated manual.

Yes, but this does not allow me to show context-sensitive help. The current help system is much more intelligent than e.g. the SED one, as it not only shows the help listed for the selected word (e.g. pan_create or whatever), but also shows the right help file for context sensitive attributes (e.g. flags).

Quote:
you should also add an option to select more help files (anet, gstnet, lbgui, ...)

This is already possible. All help references are stored in a "complex" XML file, and can be easily enhanced. I'll take care to add the most important ones (anet, gstnet and maybe lbgui) - for others the author of the plugin has to take care of it.

Quote:

Yeaaah..you're right laugh
Posted By: Sajeth

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.020 - 05/19/12 09:33

Needs a dark GUI :o)

liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.030 - 05/22/12 18:44

Finally version 0.030 is out.
All feature requests are implemented (!). Especially the manual section and the complete "new-file" progress took a while..

Please download the latest version from http://www.dev-software.com/led/liteEdit_030.exe
or (really, really seriously) you can update your program (you'll only download 10 instead of 40 mb) when starting led and press help->update or when starting update.exe..

I would love to hear a little bit of feedback laugh

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.030 - 05/23/12 08:47

Committed a small patch, due to a bug in the parsing progress.

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.030 - 05/23/12 19:53

implemented anet manual.

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.030 - 05/24/12 08:28

hi

I updated, there was a long error message I ignored (something xml related), but finished well.

commenting is fine laugh but after commenting +uncommenting defines, they become grey instead of magenta. the word #defines changes well.

but I get an engine error message: too many functions as I start my project (run in release mode with nexus set to 200). Apparently it is not allowed to run any function. It happened also once before the update, I will check when it could happen to help you with a bit more details... Maybe a clear reinstall could help...

Are there shortcuts for e.g. code jumper and help? It would be fine to use them at the same time (or access easily because help is not needed always), I mean, one is on the right and another is at the bottom, like in SED, or in a similar customized way.

and I like the white gui laugh but a dark would be also cool.

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.030 - 05/24/12 08:38

thanks mate.

Quote:
commenting is fine but after commenting +uncommenting defines, they become grey instead of magenta. the word #defines changes well.

Seems to be a small bug in recoloring. I'll check that - fixed.

Quote:
but I get an engine error message: too many functions as I start my project (run in release mode with nexus set to 200). Apparently it is not allowed to run any function. It happened also once before the update, I will check when it could happen to help you with a bit more details... Maybe a clear reinstall could help...

I never had this error message, but i always try to run in debug mode. I'll recheck the release mode.

Quote:
Are there shortcuts for e.g. code jumper and help? It would be fine to use them at the same time (or access easily because help is not needed always), I mean, one is on the right and another is at the bottom, like in SED, or in a similar customized way.

At there moment not, but will be in the next version. You can of course see the code jumper and the help at the same time. Just try drag and drop of the windows (drag the "tab" - where the name "code jumper" is..). But i'll also implement shortcuts.

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.030 - 05/24/12 09:12

as I see it puts an icon onto desktop but the link is wrong: c:\program files\ledLED.exe

and if a crash happens because of faults in my script, in task manager I see 2 instances of LED.exe instead of one LED.exe and an acknex.exe. I don't know how the compilation/running works, but it would be good to have different names just like when using SED (or Horus).

Probably last time I could drag the windows as I wanted, but now I cannot, I will check it again.

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.030 - 05/24/12 19:54

Quote:
as I see it puts an icon onto desktop but the link is wrong: c:\program files\ledLED.exe

Fixed - thanks a small bug in the updater.

Quote:
and if a crash happens because of faults in my script, in task manager I see 2 instances of LED.exe instead of one LED.exe and an acknex.exe. I don't know how the compilation/running works, but it would be good to have different names just like when using SED (or Horus).

I use my own hosting process for the engine. That's why led allows complete debugging of the engine. Actually that is one of the big features of led, as this allows me not only to debug, but maybe in feature, also to implement more advanced debugging features.
But i admit that in a case of a script crash the second process should close too. I'll check that.

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.030 - 06/07/12 11:14

Can you just give me a short explanation, how you achieved to really dump the engine? Seems as if it's pretty difficult to really hard-crash the acknex engine...

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.030 - 06/07/12 12:01

normally E1513 and E1515 what I get laugh

moreover last time I had no enough memory to run my project in debug mode from LED

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.030 - 06/07/12 12:34

Hi sivan,
there was a bug in the memory management while running led, which is now fixed (actually it was a pretty giant memory leak laugh ). I'll upload version 0.040 in a few minutes with quite a log of fixes and some new features in it - it would be great if you could check if there's still an issue when you crash the engine.
best regards,
timo

edit: okay it'll take until this evening, as i just discovered a damn bug which will take some hours to fix.

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.030 - 06/07/12 12:55

okay tomorrow I can check it

liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/07/12 23:48

liteEditor Version 0.040 is ready to download. Implemented quite a lot of new features, like a window for opening a file in the project, ANet Help files, CTRL+SPACE to show auto-complete, new debugging features etc. etc.

Download the full Version from http://www.dev-software.com/led/liteEdit_040.exe
Download the update from Version 0.030 by starting led or by starting the updater (ledUpdate.exe).

Screenshot of the new Project-List window:

[edit]there is a known bug (in wxWidgets) in the project window, that you have to press "OK", or "ENTER" to open a file, double click does not work. I'll try to find a workaround here..[/edit]

greetings,
Timo

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/08/12 07:40

link does not work frown

liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/08/12 08:25

Thanks! The correct link is http://www.dev-software.com/led/liteEdit_040.exe

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/08/12 08:28

fine!

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/08/12 23:21

Worked a lot on the surrounding and toolbox menu. There are now a lot of shortcuts for code (e.g. you write "ui" and you're typing "unsigned int"), which can be freely defined. Example: You define a shortcut for a file header (FHD) in the following menu:

You'll see the shortcut in the auto complete

And can add it..

Furthermore i worked on the surrounding menu, with which you can "surround" blocks of codes with specific tags..
E.g. if you want to guard a header file you can use the "ifndef guard in header" function.

leads to:

Additonally - as always - some bug fixes are in progress. I'll release the new alpha tomorrow.
Posted By: JeyKey II

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/09/12 18:16

Ich hab im Moment keine Lust in Englisch zu schreiben. Sorry

Sehr gutes Tool.
Kann meinen bisherige Editer bald zur Seite legen. Editor PSPad. Mit dem habe ich seid A8 8.30 das Problem, "nicht finden der ackoal.dll".
Du magst dich vielleicht daran erinnern.

Nun zu LED:
Anordnung der Fenster z.B. CodeJumper, wird nicht gespeichert:
Nach reopen von LED hat man wieder die Standard Anordnung

CodeJumper:
Zeigt nur Funktionen, Variablen etc, des Main Scriptes an
Bei den includierten Files nicht.

Highlighters:Wunsch
Es wäre super man konnte den LiteC (Engine) spezifischen Variablen, Typen (Avars.h, Atypes.h etc) separate Highlighter Farbe geben.
Grund: Auf eien Blick was sind "meine" was sind "Axnex"

Und wie kann man eine Customfarbe der Highlighters erzeugen?

Kompliment
Posted By: Tempelbauer

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/09/12 18:21

Quote:
Nun zu LED:
Anordnung der Fenster z.B. CodeJumper, wird nicht gespeichert:
Nach reopen von LED hat man wieder die Standard Anordnung

CodeJumper:
Zeigt nur Funktionen, Variablen etc, des Main Scriptes an
Bei den includierten Files nicht.

Highlighters:Wunsch
Es wäre super man konnte den LiteC (Engine) spezifischen Variablen, Typen (Avars.h, Atypes.h etc) separate Highlighter Farbe geben.
Grund: Auf eien Blick was sind "meine" was sind "Axnex"

HorusIDE kann das alles wink

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/09/12 18:35

Bei Bedarf+Gelegenheit werde ich auch Horus mal testen

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/09/12 18:39

Code Jumper zeigt die entsprechenden Daten der aktuellen Datei an. Meinst du das wäre sinnvoll zu ändern? . Die Anordnung der Fenster wird ab der nächsten Version gespeichert, danke für den Hinweis, da ist ein Bug in der aktuellen Version.

Das mit den acknex hightlightning ist eine sehr gute Idee und werde ich in der nächsten Version implementieren.

Die Farben kannst du unter den Einstellungen unter languages, clite, colors and Fonts ändern.

Vielen Dank für dein Lob und deine Kritik.

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/09/12 19:41

Hab leider im Moment keinen WEBspace, kann keine Screenshots zeigen

CodeJumper:
Du sagst es richtig, die aktuelle Datei (vielleicht funktioniert es noch nicht richtig)
Ich hab zum Beispiel Main.c und outdoor.c offen.(2 Laschen)
Ist die Lasche Main.c aktiv ist Codejumper i.o.
Wechsle ich auf die Lasche outdoor.c, zeigt Codejumper keine infos. Obwohl darin einige Funktion geschrieben sind
Es macht doch Sinn das der CodeJumper die Infos der Datei in der man gerade arbeitet, anzeigt

Level1c.c: Codejumper i.o.

Outdoor.c: Codejumper leer

Zu:
"Die Farben kannst du unter den Einstellungen unter languages, clite, colors and Fonts ändern."
Das hab ich schon gefunden.Ich meinte, eine eigene Farbe definieren. Jetzt hat man ja nur die Standard Farben zur Auswahl und noch diese Custom(rgb(150,0,160))
Das meinte ich mit eigenen Farben, zum Beipiel über einen "Colorpiker" auswählen oder wie das Teil heisst.

Ich denke mit den Standard Farben wird es kritisch (unschön)wenn du die Anfrage von meinem letzen Post umsetzen wirst.
Posted By: Kartoffel

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/10/12 10:54

wow... liteEditor ist wilklich extrem gut.

Mir gefallen vor allem die Features, dass z.B. Funktionen, Variablen, etc. auch erkannt werden,
wenn sie sich in anderen (#include) Dateien befinden und die Definitions-Zeile angezeigt wird,
wenn man mit der Maus drüber geht.
Es wäre dabei vielleicht hilfreich, wenn noch Dateiname und Zeile der definition angezeigt werden... aber das sind dann schon wieder kleinigkeiten.

Quote:
Das meinte ich mit eigenen Farben, zum Beipiel über einen "Colorpiker" auswählen oder wie das Teil heisst.

Da gibt's doch einen 'Color Picker' ?! (Auf Custom klicken)

Was Ich zu den Farben noch sagen muss ist, dass es toll wäre die komplette Hintergrundfarbe zu ändern.
Die ganze Zeit auf 100% Weiß zu schauen ist (zumindest für mich) auf Dauer ziemlich anstrengend und da
fällt es mir dann auch schwer mich zu konzentrieren.

Im Moment sieht mein SED so aus.
Hab' eigentlich schon alles angepasst, nur die Hintergrundfarbe fehlt noch.

Und Ich habe festgestellt, dass es Probleme beim ändern der Schriftgröße gibt...
da ändert sich nichts.

...wie auch immer, der editor ist wirklich sehr gut geworden und ersezt ab jetz meinen SED smile

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/10/12 10:59

Fehelranzeige im Code: Kapier ich nicht ganz?
Code ohne Tipfehler

Code mit Tipfehler: in Zeile 42 habe ich "waite" statt "wait" eingetippt. Dannach wird mehr oder weniger alles als Fehler unterstrichen ? wie soll man das "waite" finden? Händle ich da was falsch?

Nun, nach Korrekur wieder auf "wait" müssten die Fehler doch verchwinden? Passiert aber gar nichts

Gruss JeyKeyII

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/10/12 11:19

Das mit den Fehlern erscheint ein Bug zu sein. Natürlich sollten immer nur der Text als "rot" markiert werden, welcher auch falsch ist. Da machst du dann eindeutig nix falsch, sondern ist wohl ein Parser fehler.

Wäre es für dich möglich mir das Projekt per PM zukommen zu lassen (natürlich nur die Skripte), das würde mir die Fehlersuche wesentlich einfacher machen. Wenn nicht - auch kein Problem, dann finde ich den Fehler auch so ;-)
Ehrlich gesagt, sieht das bei dir eh nicht so gut aus (als ob keine Variablen erkannt werden). Oder hast du die "Variablenfarbe" von "Grau" auf "Schwarz" geändert?

Quote:
Was Ich zu den Farben noch sagen muss ist, dass es toll wäre die komplette Hintergrundfarbe zu ändern.
Die ganze Zeit auf 100% Weiß zu schauen ist (zumindest für mich) auf Dauer ziemlich anstrengend und da
fällt es mir dann auch schwer mich zu konzentrieren.

Vielen Dank für den sehr wertvollen Hinweis. Ist mir noch nicht eingefallen und würde das "User-Experience" in dem Bereich wohl wirklich beträchtlich steigern, als wie wenn man bei jedem "Stil" die Hintergrundfarbe ändert.. Werde ich in der nächsten Version (wenn alles klappt heute Abend release) einbauen.

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/10/12 12:02

Tag Timo
Hinweis: Die Tests mit deinem Editor mache ich mit einem Projekt, dass einwandfrei funktionierte, keine Fehleranzeige

In meiner Main Datei zeigt LED folgende Fehler an (veilleicht sind es auch nur Warnungen?) obwohl der Code einwandfrei ausgeführt werden kann.

Da man sich gerne bekanntes wünscht, einen Screenshot vom PSPad-Editor Wie im Post vorher schreibe ich statt "wait", "waite"

Wie man sieht wird automatich die Zeile 42 markiert. sehr komfortabel.
Für alle die es nicht wissen: Der Vorgänger von SED sprich WDL-Editor hat genau nach diesem Prinzip funktioniert. Bei SED hat Conitec dieses Feature nie mehr eingebaut, darum habe ich diesen gar nie benutzt, sondern sofort einen anderen Editor gesucht

Im Prinzip liest der PSPad-Editor die acklog.txt aus, lässt einen Parser darüber laufen, springt in die entsprechende Zeile im Code (muss logischerweise im Editor definiert werden)

Nachtrag da haben sich unsere Posts zeitlich "gekreuzt"

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/10/12 12:13

I found another thing:

If I use
Code:
PANEL *TempPanel = pan_create(...);

inside a fuction
LED marks TempPanel (and every following TempPanel.flags, etc) as wrong

If I use
Code:
PANEL *TempPanel;
TempPanel = pan_create(...);

It works

EDIT: wieso zum teufel poste ich eig auf englisch -.-

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/10/12 12:58

Die Variablenfarbe war suf schwarz, muss wohl beim ausprobieren passiert sein.
Hab diese wieder auf grau gesetzt. Im Main Script sind die Variablen nun wieder grau.
Bei allen anderen Files des Projektes sind sie immer noch schwarz.

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/10/12 13:46

Hi Jey,

Danke für deine Fehler, ich werde die jetzt die nächsten Stunden mir anschauen. Wie geschrieben, würde es mir extrem helfen, wenn du mir die Scripte per email/pm zusenden könntest.
Ist das für dich möglich?

Kartoffel: Danke auch dafür, ist n blöder bug, der Probleme mit Strings in Variablendefinitionen macht. Schon behoben.. Danke dafür!!

Gibt anscheinend noch manchmal Probleme, dass der Parser zu viele Objekte löscht. Ich schaue mir mal an woran das liegt.

Grüße,
Timo

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/10/12 14:16

Originally Posted By: JeyKey II
Die Tests mit deinem Editor mache ich mit einem Projekt, dass einwandfrei funktionierte, keine Fehleranzeige

Ich bin mir zimlich sicher, dass es TechMuc nicht um mögliche Fehler in denem Code geht sondern um die Grundstruktur um zu erkennen wo es möglicherweise probleme mit dem Parser geben könnte.

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/10/12 14:21

Soweit ich es von deinen Screenshots erkenne, gibt es einen grundsätzlichen Fehler im Parsing Progress, wodurch viele Variablen nicht als Valid angezeigt werden (auch im code jumper nicht). Das Tippen von dem "e" bei wait, führt vermutlich dazu, dass alle Fehler neu gesucht werden und entsprechend colorisiert werden.
Wie gesagt, wenn das schicken möglich ist an techmuc (at) googlemail (com) oder per pm, wäre fantastisch, weil es unglaublich schwer ist, Fehler die durch bestimmte Code Strukturen auftreten zu erkennen.

[edit]Also genau wie Kartoffel beschrieben hat..[/edit]

@Kartoffel: Fehler mit den Panels ist behoben. Wie gesagt, arbeite so schnell wie möglich dran ein Update zu releasen. Danke nochmal für den Bug Report. Betreffend:

Quote:
Es wäre dabei vielleicht hilfreich, wenn noch Dateiname und Zeile der definition angezeigt werden... aber das sind dann schon wieder kleinigkeiten.

Es gibt bereits das feature "Rechtsklick" --> Go To Declaration" bzw. ALT+G (wenn Text-Cursor auf dem Objekt ist) um zu dem Objekt zu springen. Meinst du das reicht? Habe etwas sorge, dass der Dateiname + Zeile das Tooltip etwas überladen würde.

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/10/12 14:52

Ich schau mal was ich machen kann.
Unterdessen könntest Du ja mal Shadertest.c anschauen, mitgeleifert von Conitec. Liegt ... GStudio8\projects\
LED zeigt bei mir Fehler an. Die Zahlen hab ich auf rot gestellt, sind also keine Fehler

Vielleicht hilft dir das im Moment weiter

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/10/12 14:58

Multiple definitionen in einer Zeile werden nicht erkannt.
Das is das Problem in Shdertest.c

EDIT: was Ich ganz vergessen hab: Alt+G um automatisch in die Zeile zu springen ist perfekt

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/10/12 15:01

Danke Bug gefunden. Tritt auf, wenn mehrere Definitionen innerhalb einer Zeile stattfinden, bei denen auch noch Variablenzuweisungen auftreten (var a=50,b=23;)Werde ich beheben.

Neues Feature:
- Fenster Einstellungen werden korrekt gespeichert und bei neustart wieder geladen.

[edit]Bug-fixed bettreffend den vielen Initialisierungen[/edit]
[edit]Acklog.txt wird automatisch ausgegeben und auf fehler untersucht[edit]

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/10/12 16:33

Originally Posted By: Kartoffel
Originally Posted By: JeyKey II
Die Tests mit deinem Editor mache ich mit einem Projekt, dass einwandfrei funktionierte, keine Fehleranzeige

Ich bin mir zimlich sicher, dass es TechMuc nicht um mögliche Fehler in denem Code geht sondern um die Grundstruktur um zu erkennen wo es möglicherweise probleme mit dem Parser geben könnte.

Diese Bemerkung habe ich fast übersehen.
Herr Kartoffel, du glaubst doch nicht im Ernst, dass es den User ineressiert, was an seiner Struktur eventuell falsch sein könnte, solange der Code mit SED feherfrei läuft und auch ausgeführt wird. Da kann ich ja gleich bei SED oder PSPad bleiben.
Sicher versuche ich rauszufinden warum es mit LED klemmt

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/10/12 16:42

Quote:
was an seiner Struktur eventuell falsch sein könnte

Wie Ich eigentlich schon gesagt habe geht es nicht darum dass am Code Irgendetwas falsch ist bzw. der User einen Fehler gemacht hat.

Es geht darum herauszufinden, unter welchen Umständen der Bug bei LED auftritt, um ihn somit beheben zu können.
Das hat mit der Richtigkeit des Codes nichts zu tun.

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/10/12 18:02

Hab die Ursache gefunden, Codejumper und Variablen

Bisher war der eingekreiste Code (nur Pfade) in der Datei "Path7.c". Diesen hatte ich in Zeile 19 includiert.

Die Idee war damals, Code aus dem Forum schnell und einfach auf meine Standard Pfade zu setzen
So wie im Screenshot läuft es auch unter LED. Tipfehler funktionieren wie erwartet

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.040 - 06/10/12 18:27

Perfekt, ich danke dir.. Mit der Fehlerbeschreibung sollte ich den Bug finden. Werde ich mir bis morgen anschauen.

liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.050 - 06/11/12 12:32

Hi there,

just released version 0.050. You can update by starting led (help--> update), by starting the ledupdate.exe process or by downloading the complete version from http://www.dev-software.com/led/liteEdit_050.exe

Change Log:

new:
- Reworked Toolbox (added a lot of quick-auto-completes e.g. ui for unsigned int)
- Ability to change complete background color (settings->3dgs->colors & fonts-->general-->background)
- Acklog.txt is echoed and interpreted after a debug / release run.

fixed:
- Resolving files didn't work all the time (when PRAGMA_PATHS were defined outside of the main file)
- Multiple variable definitions in one file weren't recognized
- Variables with string in the definiton weren't recognized correctly all the times

Greetings,
Timo

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.050 - 06/13/12 15:12

LiteC Settings + Colors:
"Operator" Farbzuweisung oder Bold wird nicht übernommen
In der vorherigen Version ging das noch
Default Font: Einige Schriften stehen 2-3 mal zur Auswahl ??

Formatierung:
Ich benutzte bisher in anderen Editoren "Courier New"
In LED müsste ich neu "formatatieren". Abstände etc. Das macht Leider kein Spass

Crash:
In Headerfiles: sehr schnell irgend welchen Text + Enter eintypen, LED stürzt ab

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.050 - 06/14/12 15:26

Danke ich werde allen 3 Problemen sofort nachgehen..
Spontan kann ich das mit den Header Dateien nicht bestätigen. Schaue ich mir trotzdem natürlich an.
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.050 - 06/14/12 16:08

Kann ich aber laugh
Dass ist auch der Grund, wieso ich LED nicht nutze.
Ich hab ihn ausprobieren wollen, er ist mir aber nach 20 Sekunden weggecrashed
konnte den fehler nicht nachvollziehen, ist aber jedes mal gleich am anfang passiert (sobald ich angefangen hab zu tippen)
dachte, es wäre irgendein bekannter bug

naja, jedenfalls könnte es genau das gewesen sein

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.050 - 06/14/12 20:40

Scheint wieder was mit den Pfaden zu sein. Effekte können nicht compiliert werden

Shadertest.c von Conitec zeigt die Fehler-Meldung auch:
Malfunction W1550
Can't compile effect:

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.050 - 06/14/12 21:00

Quote:
Ich hab ihn ausprobieren wollen, er ist mir aber nach 20 Sekunden weggecrashed

Ich muss leider auch bestätigen, dass LED allgemein oft crasht... zwar nicht nach 20 Sekunden, wie von MasterQ32 beschreiben
Aber dennoch recht oft - was für einige Leute sicherlich ein Problem darstellt

Ich persönlich komme damit klar, da Ich sowieso andauernd per strg-s speicher und das meistens auch noch unbewusst.
Trotzdem ist es manchmal nervig...

Sobald ich aber eine Idee habe, woran es liegen könnte, lass Ich es dich wissen.

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.050 - 06/14/12 21:24

Vielleicht hilf dir dieser Screenshot
Musste diesmal recht viel Müll eintippen um den Fehler zu provozieren

Posted By: lemming

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.050 - 06/16/12 08:45

LED crasht bei mir jedes mal, wenn ich größere Mengen Code lösch. So ab 50 Zeilen.
Ziehmlich reproduzierbar bei mir:
Eine Datei aus dem Bereich Source-Files öffnen, Zeilen markieren, löschen, crash.
Bei der am Anfang geöffneten Datei komischerweise nicht.

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.050 - 06/16/12 16:17

Danke für die vielen Hinweise. Ich versuche das zu reproduzieren und melde mich dann nochmal. Jetzt aber erstmal noch 2 stunden Diablo III zocken wink

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.050 - 06/24/12 18:10

Originally Posted By: TechMuc
Danke für die vielen Hinweise. Ich versuche das zu reproduzieren und melde mich dann nochmal. Jetzt aber erstmal noch 2 stunden Diablo III zocken wink

Ich denke mal die 2 Stunden sind rum wink
Gibs was Neues?

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.050 - 08/06/12 15:44

Ist das Projekt nun zum 2. Mal gestorben?
TechMuc ist zwat hin+wieder online, aber ........

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.050 - 10/10/12 17:22

hey,

ich würde gerne wissen, ob ich noch damit rechnen kann, dass die (doch recht oft auftretenden) random Crashes in Zukunft irgendwann gefixed werden?
...denn bis darauf finde ich liteEditor wirklich extrem gut, nur leider gehe ich immer wieder zum standart SED zurück, da die Abstürze auf dauer
ziemlich Nerven kosten und man damit auch nicht flüssig arbeiten kann frown
Posted By: Sajeth

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.050 - 10/10/12 17:31

Die Crashes in LED sind bei mir auch Dauerzustand, bin mittlerweile mit HorusIDE vollkommen glücklich geworden.

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.050 - 10/10/12 17:35

Ja HorusIDE ist auch sehr gut, aber mir persönlich liegt LED immer noch besser, weil es viele zusätzliche Funktionen hat, die für mich sehr hilfreich sind, es projekt-basierend ist und man auch den Style (Schrift, sämtliche Farben) selbst anpassen kann.

EDIT: hab' gerade gemerkt, dass man gespeicherte Projekte (.led-dateien) nicht wieder laden kann...

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.050 - 10/10/12 22:13

Ja Ich finde es auch schade, dass TechMuc sich überhaupt nicht mehr äussert, obwohl er öfters mal im Forum steckt.
Ich hab LED wieder auf die Seite gelegt und arbeite wieder mit PSPad

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.050 - 10/10/12 23:14

Sorry ja - Das war effektiv doch nur ein sehr kurzfristiger Motivationsschub (auf Grund erster positiver Rezensionen von euch). Hätte ich eigentlich wissen müssen, das die eigentlichen Gründe (Development Stop von Gamestudio - no more than 10 Users expected) einfach schwerer wiegen (vor allem, da ich nun offiziell kein Student mehr bin).
Sorry nochmal. Das Projekt ist nicht total tot, aber ich werde erst wieder in diesem Thread posten, wenn JCL das seit 30 Jahren versprochene Local Debugging einbaut (bzw. anders gesagt, ich das gefühl habe, dass tatsächlich etwas an dieser Engine unternommen wird).

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.050 - 10/23/12 19:40

Please add the following:

1) vertical line at X characters, like 80 or so (adjustable)
2) "go to declaration" and/or "go to definition" doesnt work for me if I use it on own functions. It always goes into "litec.h"
3) Please add hotkeys, like Ctrl + W closes a file tab and other
4) if I run a game with F5 and it runs in windowed mode (set inside the game), the window is not shown on top, I have to use TAB to switch to it - this happens often and sometimes not... I don't know what I am doing wrong
5) If I run the game under Windows 7, the LED icon is extended in the task bar and the engine is not started separately!
6) I can't open a single wmp-file without a wmb-file... I wanted to look at the source of it (in ASCII format). When I click OK on the error message, LED crashes..

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.050 - 10/23/12 21:41

Hi HeelX,

I really hope, that you havn't tested with version 0.050 but with version 0.091 ( http://www.dev-software.com/led/liteEdit_091.exe ). To your comments:

Quote:

1) vertical line at X characters, like 80 or so (adjustable)

Sorry I do not really get what you mean with that. You want that every X characters a line break is automatically added? If so, should the line break be added in the code or only as a displayed line wrap?

Quote:
2) "go to declaration" and/or "go to definition" doesnt work for me if I use it on own functions. It always goes into "litec.h"

Yes that is a bug, thanks

Quote:
3) Please add hotkeys, like Ctrl + W closes a file tab and other

The next Version (0.092, release the day after tomorrow) will contain settings for shortcuts.

Quote:
5) If I run the game under Windows 7, the LED icon is extended in the task bar and the engine is not started separately!

Generally Debug is executed in LED - though in a completely different process (!!). This is needed to enable led to debug and give quite a lot of information. Probably i will change the behavior of Release mode to be executed independently of led.

Quote:
I can't open a single wmp-file without a wmb-file... I wanted to look at the source of it (in ASCII format). When I click OK on the error message, LED crashes..

This is due to a experimental level editor I added some versions ago. I'll remove this editor again, so you can just work on this file - like with any other ASCII file.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions,
regards,
Timo
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.050 - 10/23/12 21:44

Number 1 is that he wants a visible line after x columns.
Example with 80 columns: http://img.widerwille.com/KN4T

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.050 - 10/23/12 21:52

Hi Timo,
yes, I used the latest version (0.91).

For the vertical line, see the following screenshot from Programmers' Notepad which I always use for Lite-C coding:

It shows a slight vertical line, in my case set at characters = 90. It serves as a visual help, to measure how much is written into a line; it's very good to keep the source in a certain shape - I don't want a line break there, but an aid.

Quote:
I'll remove this editor again, so you can just work on this file - like with any other ASCII file.

Thanks.
Posted By: Aku_Aku

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.050 - 10/23/12 22:16

I would like to try (maybe to test) this editor.
Can i use that with other language than german, preferably english?

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.050 - 10/24/12 07:46

@Aku: Actually the Editor is in english?

@Heel:

So probably something like this? Bah that's really ugly laugh

Re: liteEditor - Development Thread - v0.050 - 10/24/12 11:41

Yeah, that is exactly what I meant!

liteEditor - v0.102 - 10/28/12 14:21

Hi there,

finally a new version of liteEditor is out. Please try it here:
http://www.dev-software.com/led/liteEdit_102.exe

If you find any bugs please let me know,
regards,
Timo

Re: liteEditor - v0.102 - 10/28/12 14:58

How can i create a project? Is LED able to open/handle files with sedprj extension?

Re: liteEditor - v0.102 - 10/28/12 15:14

Just open your main script file. (main script file = file you use to start your project).

Re: liteEditor - v0.102 - 10/28/12 15:15

Create Code Templates does not work >>>>> Crash

Re: liteEditor - v0.102 - 10/28/12 15:43

Thanks, I'll check that.

Re: liteEditor - v0.102 - 10/28/12 16:00

The "Vertical Ruler enabled" is on, but nothing happend

Re: liteEditor - v0.102 - 10/28/12 16:03

Vertical Ruler options:

1) Settings --> Enviroment --> Edior: Vertical Ruler Enabled: Set to On / Language Dependend
2) If "On": Please set the settings according to settings-->enviroment-->editor
3) If "Off" you'll never see the ruler
4) If "Language Depenended": Go To 3DGamestuio-->Litec Settings & Colors --> Extra --> Vertical Ruler Enabled = On.

PS: Probably "Language Dependent" is the better default value.

Re: liteEditor - v0.102 - 10/28/12 17:42

What is the differenz "run debug" or "run Independent"?

Re: liteEditor - v0.102 - 10/28/12 17:58

Run Debug allows the debugging of Code (E.g. you can set breakpoints / debug through your code). Run Independent just starts acknex.exe with the corresponding script file.

liteEditor - v0.102: Shader Editor & Publishing Process - 10/30/12 10:28

Hi,

I'm excited to announce two new features which are included in the next version of liteEditor (1.03):
- Shader Preview
- Independent Publisher

The independent publisher has the following features:
1) Maintain the complete folder structure while publishing
2) Folder based and automatic packing of files into WRS ressources (e.g.: You want all files in the "music" folder to be packed into music.wrs and all files in the "models" folder to "models.wrs". This is just one click away).
3) Dependent files are automatically detected (e.g. Levels Files, LOD Model Files, or External Textures)

Future Plans:
4) Automatic Packaging for no PRO Users
5) Change Icon of generated EXE file

Video: http://www.dev-software.com/public/LED/PublishProcess/PublishProcess.mp4

The Shader Viewer is a very lightweight tool to edit and check FX files. General Features:
1) Context sensitive FX Editing (e.g. you type any render state, and you'll get all possible return values)
2) Support for all 3D-Gamestudio Functionality
3) Full Integration into Nivdia & Microsoft & Acknex Help Tools
4) Lightwight shader viewer

Video: http://www.dev-software.com/public/LED/fx_edit/fx_edit.mp4

The new version will be released tomorrow, though Version 1.02 (the current version) already includes (!!) the shader editor.

PS: A Feature, probably nobody takes care of:
Complete Zorro Integration.
http://dev-software.com/public/LED/liteEdit_Zorro/Unbenannt.mp4
Posted By: Superku

Re: liteEditor - v0.102: Shader Editor & Publishing Process - 10/30/12 12:07

This looks fantastic! laugh
I especially like feature 2) of the publisher and the instant help with available shader constants.

Re: liteEditor - v0.102: Shader Editor & Publishing Process - 10/30/12 14:39

okay added an icon option. You can not set up a predefined icon (ico file) for the publishing process.
Now I'll add a decrypting / encrypting method for everyone (at least I'll try to..)
Additionally (for PRO Users) I'll add automatic compiling of all FX files..
Posted By: Rackscha

Re: liteEditor - v0.102: Shader Editor & Publishing Process - 10/30/12 20:59

EXCELLENT!

The shader preview is great for playing around and livetesting new shaderideas.
GreatJob laugh

Re: liteEditor - v0.102: Shader Editor & Publishing Process - 11/01/12 14:07

I tried your editor, and it is really cool!
Great job, i can't say more.
Do you plan the usage of splitted window in the future?

Re: liteEditor - v0.102: Shader Editor & Publishing Process - 11/01/12 14:23

Hi Aku,

You can already split the windows. Window --> New Window. You an also drag all windows by click their tabs, and dragging the tab outsideof the tab area. Afterwards you can add this window anywhere you want to (in the editor). Please let me know if this is what you've asked for laugh

As a general Note: The developing progress will slow down again now a little bit, as my job starts again - but this weekend a new version will be released, which will contain a beta version of the new publishing & some more enhancements. From then on, my effort will just be based on the requests you have laugh

Regards,
Timo

Re: liteEditor - v0.102: Shader Editor & Publishing Process - 11/01/12 14:40

I tried, but wasnt splitted, only a new window opened.

And here is a bugreport.
I started a new instance of the program. The second closing was successful. When a closed the first i got this:
Quote:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: LED.exe
Application Version: 0.1.0.2
Application Timestamp: 508cf845
Fault Module Name: StackHash_f43c
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000ce6c3
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1038
Additional Information 1: f43c
Additional Information 2: f43cac30086ce4e4a9140b7d326fe968
Additional Information 3: 6e39
Additional Information 4: 6e39a5fff671046ba82b536cc84e0a79

Re: liteEditor - v0.102: Shader Editor & Publishing Process - 11/01/12 14:52

Thanks I'll check that. What Version of Windows do you have installed?

Re: liteEditor - v0.102: Shader Editor & Publishing Process - 11/01/12 15:50

Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate Ed.

Re: liteEditor - v0.102: Shader Editor & Publishing Process - 11/01/12 16:03

Vertical Splititng causes a lot of problems atm - therefore it will not be implementd in near future - sorry.

liteEditor - v0.102: Simple Profiler - 11/04/12 22:29

Hi There,

Again a new exiting feature which will be released in Version 1.04 (though this one in pre-alpha status): A profiler for Lite-C.
What does it do? When starting your script in performance mode, the profiler hacks into every single function of your code. When any lite-c function is called, the profiler interfers and measures the execution speed of the corresponding lite-c call. By that a complete profiling of your code will be possible.
It is still not really possible if it will be possible to release this method, as there are still big problems with big scripts / a lot of function calls (e.g. some strange endless loops).

You can check out this functionality in the next video. I'll try to release a version in the next 2-3 days (sorry not today) - probably WITHOUT this feature.

Video:

http://www.dev-software.com/led/video/performance_1/Performance_Video_1.html

Looking foreward for any suggestions / comments.
regards,
timo
Posted By: mk_1

Re: liteEditor - v0.102: Simple Profiler - 11/18/12 18:09

Thread closed on behalf of OP.

Auf Wunsch des Threaderstellers geschlossen
© 2024 lite-C Forums