Marble Arena

Posted By: txesmi

Marble Arena - 06/26/14 20:29

Hi,
It is time to let you try this little project I play with time to time. Just baptipzed as Marble Arena.

It is inspired in the editor of Trackmania game. It consists on a track editor by blocks. The tracks are playable with a non engined marble ball which can be only turned. The gravity and some ground boosts do the rest.

It is far from been a game, with no menu, no race timing... but you can spend some funny time with it. Hope you enjoy it.

DOWNLOAD

Salud!

pd: forgot to mention that the ball is turned with A&D keys.
Posted By: Superku

Re: Marble Arena - 06/27/14 21:55

Can you upload a demo where one can change the window resolution? I can hardly test it because right now the windows spans across my whole monitor vertically and overlaps the taskbar and then for some reason the framerate usually drops a lot. The ball flies right into the air before passing below the first "bridge" too and speed pads do not seem to have much effect (framerate issue?).

Re: Marble Arena - 06/28/14 09:06

Sorry but no. I started a huge change on ball movement and camera because of the adition of loop pieces and right now it is totally broken. I did not save a backup frown I will upload it when solved.

Does the ball flies? Pretty strange. I can't imagine where it come from. There are no invisible entities. Never saw such a behavior.

The boosts have a soft effect. They are set to add an impulse equal to the force needed to climb a slope up piece with no acceleration. There is an angular speed limit for physx objects that limits the maximum ball speed that makes me to keep the forces soft.

Salud!
Posted By: Kartoffel

Re: Marble Arena - 06/28/14 09:26

*removed*

oops, wanted to post in 'what are you working on', sorry for that >.<

Re: Marble Arena - 06/30/14 16:17

Loops ready. Are accompanied by a totally renewed camera movement. It tooks me a while to moderate the physX collision data shakes. Also added a simple screen resolution selection at game start. It is not the time to build the proper menu.

DOWNLOAD

Enjoy it!

Re: Marble Arena - 07/01/14 08:14

Included track video

© 2024 lite-C Forums