Unlimited Ragdolls in A6

Posted By: Helghast

Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/24/05 16:15

hello,

after LOTS of working on this *over a year* i finally present to you,
ragdolls in 3DGS

this is only a techdemo, a real demo will be done when it's done...
what i am very proud of is that it also covers joint limits

controls:

1 = unhinge head
2 = unhinge arm
3 = unhinge arm
4 = unhinge leg
5 = unhinge leg
6 = unhinge all
e = spawn new ragdoll
mouse = add a force to the clicked part

to keep the fps high, i made it that if parts fall off the plateau, the get deleted, just test and tell me what the results were *how many ragdolls before visible lag* and tell me your specs please

thanks to [rhuarc] for hosting ! ! !

regards
Posted By: Endgegner

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/24/05 16:19

yeah man that's great!! very good work
Posted By: bredebrothers

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/24/05 16:22

yeah really nice work, is it just done with c-script?
does it need any physics engine?
Posted By: MichaelGale

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/24/05 16:23

Another Physic Techdemo this week, now I've some rival to my Newton Techdemo...
But great work, indeed.
Posted By: Claus_N

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/24/05 16:24

Cool XD

Very nice work

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/24/05 16:26

Quote:

yeah really nice work, is it just done with c-script?
does it need any physics engine?

it's done in C-script yeah, on the A6PE... so basically you'll need pro edition to have this in your game

regards,
Posted By: EX Citer

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/24/05 17:06

I didnīt played the demo yet, but it your code using entitiy skills?

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/24/05 17:13

please declare the "entity skills" you refer to, in which way you mean ??

regards,
Posted By: Steempipe

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/24/05 17:40

Very nice work, indeed!
Posted By: AndrewSwallow

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/24/05 17:41

I got about 30 ragdolls before lag

Specs in signiture

andrewds
Posted By: VPrime

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/24/05 17:50

hehw as fun... untill i kept pressing the E button many many times...

it started lagging reall bad..than bam...

edit:
after a little more i tried counting how many times i pressed E and it is rougly 41...
pc specs:
Amd Atlhon 64 3200
1gb Pc3200 ram
Radeon 9800XT
XP +SP2

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/24/05 17:50

Quote:

I got about 30 ragdolls before lag

wow, that's pretty much :O
but then again, on that system i can understand

i love to receive some more critics instead of "nice"..

regards,
Posted By: VPrime

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/24/05 17:54

oh i got another suggestion... it would be nice to see a demo with more options.. liek rotate camera, choose where to spawn/drop the ragdol.. nad spawn in boxes and other thigns to bounce off of.. that way one could see how they really react in a real enviroment and see if it has any difference on resources etc. than just a ragdol..

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/24/05 17:59

anyone here willing to provide me such level, i SUCK at level design... ?
i can do all that, but i think i can better show off the transition from model to ragdoll soon too...

still working that part out

regards,
Posted By: ventilator

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/24/05 18:00

Quote:

they don't collide with each other!

Quote:

hehw as fun... untill i kept pressing the E button many many times... it started lagging reall bad..than bam...

i think that's some kind of ODE stack overflow problem.

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/24/05 18:02

Quote:

hehw as fun... untill i kept pressing the E button many many times...

it started lagging reall bad..than bam...

edit:
after a little more i tried counting how many times i pressed E and it is rougly 41...
pc specs:
Amd Atlhon 64 3200
1gb Pc3200 ram
Radeon 9800XT
XP +SP2

LOL, yeah, but that's a bug i cant help... Acknex engine crashed... i can imagine having 41 * 10 physical object running onscreen...
lol, well, i'll make something that restricts it then, thanks

regards,

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/24/05 18:04

Quote:

Quote:

they don't collide with each other!

i can fix that, but thsat means 2 onscreen ragdolls and you get HEAVY lag...
but lemme see if i can put that as an option on.

thanks
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/24/05 18:30

HAHAHA It's great!
Posted By: Josh_Arldt

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/24/05 19:15

Very nice Dennis!

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/24/05 19:15

Quote:

HAHAHA It's great!

thanks, i am working on it right now.

i have send marco a email...
i got a bug that if i rotate the model around from the startpoint, the hinges dont turn along, so pan would be seen as titl, and the kness bend sidewards...
if that's done i'll show some more stuff, and if anyone feels like helping me on a level where you can throw around and stuf...??

regards,
Posted By: Ithicus

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/24/05 22:06

HAHAHAHA! I could play with this for hours! The only thing, is when the entities fall from the sky, the always land with thier backs arched and the very tops of their heads on the ground. Its doesnt really look right. ALso, when you unhinge the body parts, they move erraticaly when they are clicked, but I assume thats just the nature of how it works.

LOL someone make a virtual bouncer game.

Im interested in purchasing this, along with Larry_laffers AI, and Rhuarcs AI, and SphereEngine, and...dammit!

Onward and Upward
McLaren
Posted By: William

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/24/05 22:08

You've done a great job here - way to go! Try setting ph_iterations = 5; See if that takes away the stack overflow problem. I know in some tests I did by using ph_iterations I was allowed ALOT more entities before I ran into trouble. It also depends what your doing... I know having ph_iterations set when using a vehicle was much slower than the ordinary physics solver.
Posted By: mk_1

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/25/05 00:16

Great work although I wouldn't buy it.
Posted By: BlueBeast

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/25/05 01:55

well, I'm no programmer......

I think it's great. Has a ton of uses since most FPS games use ragdolls these days!

I know the Number of dolls has limitations, but (and I'm guessing) Doesn't the number of the model's polygons also have a part in the limitations? I think that you should set a 'standard' for your testing. Such as use a model with x amount of polys.

The random stacking of the ragdolls and their various angles should make great averages of visible polys.

Keep working on it, I'll ned ragdolls eventually

Jason
Posted By: ImmortalRoXoR

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/25/05 02:20

Well... that was fun! lol I loved it. Would be cool if there were some objects like blocks or a funnel type thing to fall into or levetating block thats moving around for them to fall onto/off of. One thing that would be cool is if you can click and drag them around and toss around or smash into the walls or something and they bounce off in pieces if they toss it fast enough. It works great for me, about the same dolls before lag, awesome job
Posted By: Mr Wurm

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/25/05 02:39

42 Dolls and the Engine Crashes. Apart from that, I like it. (Had a lot of vicious fun pushing them slowli over the edge *evilbloodthirstygrin*

How about combining this with a blood script to make a Entity Death pack. (Just an idea though..)

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/25/05 08:34

as i said before, i would love to make such test, but i terribly suck at level designing...

though havoc once had a great test...
just a level, whihch was a big slide, and all objecvts to smash in, then also be able to fly around in there.

gonna try and work on that, also i set the ph_iterations on, but on my system here it doesnt matter if it's on or off i can spawn like 70 of them, and still no error.

anyway, for the next update i'll leave it on and see what it does.
right now, i am setting up better hinge limits.

also i just made the animated to ragdoll code, more in the next update.

regards,
Posted By: RJDL

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/25/05 09:46

cool!
Posted By: Steempipe

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/25/05 10:56

Well, I think it would be very interesting to show some reactions to explosions, projectiles, or body blows. By incorporating the intensity and proximity to an explosion, or the force of a kick, into a demo would go a long way in my book.

Pushing a ragdoll around is fun, but reacting to events that we may use in a game might show it off even better, and make it a viable product.
Posted By: scary_man

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/25/05 10:58

Is this the model I think it is?
great Ragdoll

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/25/05 11:25

Quote:

Well, I think it would be very interesting to show some reactions to explosions, projectiles, or body blows. By incorporating the intensity and proximity to an explosion, or the force of a kick, into a demo would go a long way in my book.

Pushing a ragdoll around is fun, but reacting to events that we may use in a game might show it off even better, and make it a viable product.

you got a point there, but, this part was only ment to wake up people's interest. next demo will cover some basic things probably yeah, like minefields (evil).

i just got the blending finished, you can now perfectly go from an animated model to a ragdoll, the ragdoll gets created on the frames of the model.

next demo will be: the minefield, should have done that one in like... give me 2 days max :P

regards,
Posted By: RJDL

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/25/05 12:37

good luck!
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/25/05 22:25

Great work here! Yeah, just another reason to get pro I guess, this shows what unlimited physics entities can do
I had no lag with up to 50 raggdolls; 3Ghz, 1500Mb memory, ATI radeon 9600 256mb. After that 50 I could go to about 65 untill it began lagging disturbingly...

Cheers

Cheers

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/26/05 01:11

This program crashes after prolonged use. I was beating up ragdolls one at a time because its fun, and it just randomly crashed. It did it again and again. This happens after about 5 - 15 minutes.

p4 2.4gHz
512mb SDRAM
GeForce4 MX 4000

Onward and Upward
McLaren
Posted By: Olzii

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/26/05 03:18

Is it possible to apply animation to ragdoll ? Walk, Run, ...

If so, i will definitely buy it.

Great work, Good Luck !

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/26/05 05:38

Quote:

This program crashes after prolonged use. I was beating up ragdolls one at a time because its fun, and it just randomly crashed. It did it again and again. This happens after about 5 - 15 minutes.

p4 2.4gHz
512mb SDRAM
GeForce4 MX 4000

Onward and Upward
McLaren

can you more specificly tell me what bug it returns??

Quote:

Is it possible to apply animation to ragdoll ? Walk, Run, ...

not to the ragdoll itself... I made it so that you walk around with a normal animated character, and when he dies, the ragdoll belnds the position the last frame it was in, so a smooth transition exists.

a demo showing this is gonna be here soon.

regards,
Posted By: nuclear_winter

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/26/05 08:34

You have done a nice job dennis, it works well, i had around 15 people onscreen before the framerate dropped noticeably (my pc is not fast).
Sorry for the newbish question, but are you using newton, or GS pro only physics?
Posted By: capanno

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/26/05 09:41

Good work!

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/26/05 11:35

Quote:

You have done a nice job dennis, it works well, i had around 15 people onscreen before the framerate dropped noticeably (my pc is not fast).
Sorry for the newbish question, but are you using newton, or GS pro only physics?

using A6 pro physics...

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/26/05 17:03

hello there people,

i got a new demo done.
as promised, this time it's a minefield.
controls are the mouse to rotate the player, and well... just run into a mine :P

once more... hosted by [rhuarc], thanks man ^_^

have fun and tell me if you like it.

this is to show of the blending between model and ragdoll.

regards,

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/26/05 17:16

Quote:

using A6 pro physics...

Not good.
Thanx for the reply

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/26/05 18:37

The zip is damaged when I unpack it.
I downloaded it again with the same results =\.

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/26/05 19:01

hhmmm... that;s not very good... what do you use to unzip ??

regards,

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/26/05 19:03

Quote:

Quote:

using A6 pro physics...

Not good.
Thanx for the reply

why is it not good??
please explain, i try to make this as good as possible though

regards,
Posted By: Rhuarc

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/26/05 19:09

The last one did the same thing for me when extracting using windows built in extractor. I used winrar to extract it with no problems. Haven't tried the last zip though.

-Rhuarc
Posted By: Josh_Arldt

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/26/05 19:51

Very cool Dennis.
I like how his body parts can get blown off.
I popped all of his arms and legs off.
Good job!

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/26/05 20:39

Quote:

why is it not good??
please explain, i try to make this as good as possible though

No, no, don't get me wrong, your work is fantastic!! Very well done... its not good for me, because i don't have the PRO version, so in case you want to sell or release the code it will be useless to me.

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 09/26/05 21:01

I used winrar to extract it too when it gave the error, however, I downloaded it for the third time now,
and I don't know if you reuploaded it or not, but now it miraculously worked! =) =)

Looks realy funny and realistic when he is blown away when standing on a mine ^^.
Allthough, I have to say, most times he is blown away outside the screen and is not very good visible anymore,
and the walkmovement is not realy perfect, but I'm still very impressed by the blow-away-movement from the bodyparts
Looks just so funny realistic ^^.

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/26/05 22:21

Quote:

Quote:

p4 2.4gHz
512mb SDRAM
GeForce4 MX 4000

Onward and Upward
McLaren

Its one of those "acknex.exe has encountered an error and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvienience. Please send an error report to Microsoft" Someone earlier posted a screen of this, check that.

Onward and Upward
McLaren
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/27/05 00:26

I tried the demo , and it looks fantastic , ragdoll is very realistic , and being able to blow off limbs like that could come in very handy in a game. Keep up the good work.
Posted By: Nadester

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/27/05 02:19

Link dead for me.

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/27/05 05:00

Quote:

Link dead for me.

works here...

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/27/05 05:01

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

p4 2.4gHz
512mb SDRAM
GeForce4 MX 4000

Onward and Upward
McLaren

Its one of those "acknex.exe has encountered an error and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvienience. Please send an error report to Microsoft" Someone earlier posted a screen of this, check that.

Onward and Upward
McLaren

have you tried the new demo, and see if it still happens??

regards,

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/27/05 16:52

anyone seen the new demo yet??

please tell me how you like it, i need constructive critisizm to get this one better...

link to demo 2 is somehwere on these pages :P
Posted By: DCorwin

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/27/05 17:30

Very impressive! Couple questions.

I assume the model has to be bone-based?

How do you set the force of the 'hitting' object? For instance in a real game situation, let's say your character has two weapons he can switch between: a gun and a shotgun. The impact onto the ragdoll enemy would be very different with these two weapons. How does your system account for that?

Will it only work with bipeds? What about a four-legged enemy?

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/27/05 17:51

Quote:

Very impressive! Couple questions.

I assume the model has to be bone-based?

How do you set the force of the 'hitting' object? For instance in a real game situation, let's say your character has two weapons he can switch between: a gun and a shotgun. The impact onto the ragdoll enemy would be very different with these two weapons. How does your system account for that?

Will it only work with bipeds? What about a four-legged enemy?

yes, it is bone based, and adding impact is just as easy, you just make a prefixed variable which gets added depending on the gun used.

also, any type of enemy is supported, just gotta write/design it that way.
if you make a 4 legged enemy, just place the bones correct and let the programming do everything else *gotta handcode that yourself, but i'll write a manual on how to do that, piece of cake, the thing that took most time was just setting the physics good... also learning them took me long :P *

anyway, thanks for the reply.

regards,

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/27/05 20:38

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

p4 2.4gHz
512mb SDRAM
GeForce4 MX 4000

Onward and Upward
McLaren

Onward and Upward
McLaren

have you tried the new demo, and see if it still happens??

regards,

It was with the first demo. I cant test the second demo with it because I need to restart the whole thing to spawn a new ragdoll.

Its coming along very good, but thats the weirdest walk animation Ive ever seen. Is he drunk?

Onward and Upward
McLaren

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/27/05 20:40

Found an ugly bug. The ragdoll can walk straight up hills at the edges. I walked off the terrain right onto a large block with the default texture.

Onward and Upward
McLaren

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/27/05 20:49

thats no bug, thats just my lazyness to not setup any invible walls

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/27/05 22:03

Ok, I see how this works.

Onward and Upward
McLaren
Posted By: oli

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/29/05 17:01

This demo is very cool. And I read itīs 'Bone-based', so, whith
a good script that can be done ,too. So, I hope you will release
this code for free. If not, I will be so sad

Oli
Posted By: Excessus

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 10/08/05 14:29

Quote:

Dennis [ ] || [22 oktober sony feest ---> anouk optreden ] || [ bla bla ] zegt:
kanjem meteen bumpen als je wilt ??

Sure I'll bump it for ya

Seriously, really good work on this. Looks realistic and speed seems good.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 10/08/05 17:55

Good job on making the limbs move according to where the ground is and how gravity affects them! Since you want critiques, it would be cool to see the body being able to animate when he's doing something (not like he's dead), for example: if you made a gymnastics game and you didn't spin around fast enough to land a flip, he would fall down according to gravity and how his limbs would fall: that would be an awesome application for this!

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 10/09/05 08:18

Quote:

Good job on making the limbs move according to where the ground is and how gravity affects them! Since you want critiques, it would be cool to see the body being able to animate when he's doing something (not like he's dead), for example: if you made a gymnastics game and you didn't spin around fast enough to land a flip, he would fall down according to gravity and how his limbs would fall: that would be an awesome application for this!

yep, i allready did that, it can blend from ANY animation you'd want.
i'll try to get a movie on that up soon.

regards,

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 11/04/05 19:54

Hi Dennis, just wondering if you're still working on this. I'm really looking forward to it!

Thanks,

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 11/05/05 07:47

well, atm i cant add really much more...
i think it's pretty much done, i've tested this in an RTS game, and a shooter.
both work great.
I am not sure yet though if i am gonna seel this, i mean, i dunno what price to ask, and how to setup somethinf like that...
anyway, thanks for the interest.

regards,

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 11/05/05 18:32

Aw, you gotta sell this! It seems like it could be one of the finest add-ons to GS yet. If you have a paypal account or something similar, I'd be happy to set you up with a web page and cart system or whatever you need.

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 11/05/05 21:30

thanks for these kind works.
by Light_mystic i got your msn, he told me though you aint on much...
anyway, PM me a line about this, i'll see what i can get for ya

regards,
Posted By: Aaron

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 06/20/06 15:15

Good work dennis, I was woundering would the ragdoll be able to run animations while in free fall ect. for example for like ice hockey is a hockey player get's a big hit all body parts act like a rag doll but not the arm that the hand holds the stick so I can run a animation of that arm to poke check the puck when he lands on the ice etc. Would I be able to do that with your scripted ragdoll?

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 06/20/06 21:02

Quote:

Good work dennis, I was woundering would the ragdoll be able to run animations while in free fall ect. for example for like ice hockey is a hockey player get's a big hit all body parts act like a rag doll but not the arm that the hand holds the stick so I can run a animation of that arm to poke check the puck when he lands on the ice etc. Would I be able to do that with your scripted ragdoll?

basically no, there's no blending of poses covered here, what it does is simply turn from animated to ragdoll, and that's it... that's about all ODE could do for me.

regards,

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 05/30/07 20:59

Sorry for coming up with this old thred.can someone post this demo again?

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 05/31/07 10:44

Quote:

Sorry for coming up with this old thred.can someone post this demo again?

XD lol

i should note that on the newer versions (A6.3 and above) the ragdoll physics dont work anymore for no aparent reason :s

regards,

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 05/31/07 11:25

ok thx anyway
Posted By: fogman

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 05/31/07 12:58

Any chance for an example on how itīs done...?
Even if it works only under 6.31...

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 06/01/07 22:55

i simply used seperate bodyparts (models) and hinged them in a way that it looks humanly correct
Posted By: Mondivirtuali

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 06/02/07 00:27

did you use bones for connecting the limbs?
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 - 06/02/07 01:44

i remember you sending this to me through msn, it is a very cool demo, i'm actually surprised you waited this long to release it, i do hope we can employ you in the future maybe we'll talk soon on msn again

to stay on topic:
this is a really good ragdoll system, would i pay for it? well i'd pay you to work on something like this for a future game, which i may have mentioned to you

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 06/02/07 17:08

Quote:

did you use bones for connecting the limbs?

yes and no

i did read out bone points, and angles, but it connect's a models pivot point at a bone position... so not to a bone directly.

regards,
Posted By: HeelX

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 06/02/07 19:09

http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/fav...amp;postmarker=

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/09/07 03:33

is it possible to download this anymore? or are you making another version?

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/09/07 18:15

Quote:

is it possible to download this anymore? or are you making another version?

I guess rhaurc's domain isn't there anymore...
And as it's being old (and for some reason after 6.4 stopped working, while i made no changes myself at all or whatsoever), i dont think it's rather usefull anymore either.

regards,

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/10/07 00:02

Well I still use 6.31 , and i'm sure there's others who use old versions as well , why not release the source to the public ? Looks like it could still be very usefull to a lot of people , I'd definately be very interested in playing around with it.
Posted By: msl_manni

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/10/07 04:26

I too would like to have the source, just to see how things are done. Maybe we can learn and implement it for A7.lol.

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/10/07 09:18

Quote:

Well I still use 6.31 , and i'm sure there's others who use old versions as well , why not release the source to the public ? Looks like it could still be very usefull to a lot of people , I'd definately be very interested in playing around with it.

well, as A7 is being released and all, I'd rather rewrite it myself, add documentation and sell it.
But as im having a new job over at guerrilla games (creators of killzone 2) i dont have too much spare time on hands right now.

then again, i might be generous once we'll see...

regards,
Posted By: ISG

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/10/07 20:54

Quote:

But as im having a new job over at guerrilla games

And your point? lol JK! Congrats on that. And since when was your ragdoll physics good enough to sell to such a greatful community? Kidding again, sort of.

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/10/07 21:13

Quote:

Quote:

But as im having a new job over at guerrilla games

And your point? lol JK! Congrats on that. And since when was your ragdoll physics good enough to sell to such a greatful community? Kidding again, sort of.

*clicks the block ISG button*

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/12/07 03:46

"well, as A7 is being released and all, I'd rather rewrite it myself, add documentation and sell it."

1. Who cares for A7 ?
2. Greedy bastard , how much could u charge for that anyway ? $1 ? lol
3. This should already be implemented into gamestudio anyway , very gay that we have to wait for a gamestudio user to make it and sell it to us.
Posted By: bstudio

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/12/07 06:52

If he wants to rewrite it for A7 and sell it let him do it. He puts precious time in the development and if he does he totally has the right to sell. So don't shoot him (metaphorically) just because he wants to sell something for a certain piece of software (A7)
Posted By: ISG

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/12/07 13:14

@Why_Do_I_Die:

This is your warning, please tone it down a notch. A group of people on here (a growing group) are caring about A7. If Conitec wanted this in GameStudio already then it would be there, obviously it's not a past priority concern.

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/13/07 10:50

Quote:

"well, as A7 is being released and all, I'd rather rewrite it myself, add documentation and sell it."

1. Who cares for A7 ?
3. This should already be implemented into gamestudio anyway , very gay that we have to wait for a gamestudio user to make it and sell it to us.

1. I do, if only i had some more money...
2. even then, when i sell this 100 times, i'm 100$ richer, i dont see your point in calling me a greedy bastard either...
3. complain to conitec about that, but dont go flame my topic about this.

regards,
Greedy Bastard

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/13/07 20:11

Quote:

1. Who cares for A7 ?

Forgive my saying so, but, you're a jerk...

as for A7 if i had the money i'd get it, because of the fact that i can use more dynamic lights and r2t is in every edition, as well as a few improvements, although i personally think we should've had unlimited lights in a6....however, this is a handy tool to a select group of people, considering that most don't know how to do ragdolls, and it takes a bit of code to write something like this, as well as good timing in the code, and i wouldn't mind paying about $10 US for this... don't flame other topics like that...

jeez...i sound like a modderator... maybe i should've considered becoming one
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/13/07 21:45

Quote:

What are you talking about? It's already possible to make ragdoll physics with 3dgs.

Cheers

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/17/07 09:05

alright alright , i agree , his software his decisions , i was merely sujesting , thats it , figured it could be better use given away then just put away and forgotten about. About A7 , well you all already know my sentiments , lol , but if you have A6 and actually wanna upgrade , lmao , then ur seriously missing 1 to 2 chromosomes , lol. Dennis , stop being greedy man , you got this big fancy job now and cant throw us little guys a bone ? Greedy bastard.
Posted By: bstudio

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 09/17/07 09:25

Quote:

About A7 , well you all already know my sentiments , lol , but if you have A6 and actually wanna upgrade , lmao , then ur seriously missing 1 to 2 chromosomes

Dude just don't attack people who have upgraded to A7, I did and am happy with it. Sure it misses some stability in this stage because it's still in development, but with every new update it's just kicking A6 ass.

On-topic:
If you really want a free solution for ragdolls in A6 then write it yourself and give it to the community instead of asking someone else for you to do it in his precious spare time and then just give it away for free.
Posted By: futuramaguy42

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 02/22/08 19:46

Can you repost the link, this one doesn't work.
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 02/23/08 08:27

...doesn't look any different then the code I sent you
Posted By: BlueBeast

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 02/23/08 09:50

THIS THREAD IS NO LONGER BEING USED

PLEASE READ UNLIMITED RAGDOLLS v3
IN SHOWCASE 1 FOR THE LATEST NEWS/UPDATES

- Just thought I should help, and Dennis asked for this to be closed...
could someone please close this topic?
Posted By: checkbutton

Re: Unlimited Ragdolls in A6 2nd DEMO - 02/23/08 15:36

yes, I do.
© 2024 lite-C Forums