Snap the Pac 3D

Posted By: Blitzblaster1

Snap the Pac 3D - 01/14/06 22:29

Hi @ all !

Now here is the first screenshot about our project "Snap the Pac 3D".
This is a pacman-clone with many enemis like, ghosts, mummys, zombies and more.
You can see the first level from Snap the Pac 3D and a small InGame Video.

This is the second game from Snap the Pac and we work in slow motion, because the time is not our friend, but we work so long to finesh`d the game.

The video is not with sound or sfx, because the Fraps and my Soundcart doesn`t play together. I don`t now why...

Have fun !

Buy the way...the fist Snap the Pac was a 2D game and this is freeware.
Look at playsmallgames homepage.

Snap the Pac 3D Movie

Regards
Blitzblaster1
Posted By: Blattsalat

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 01/14/06 22:43

Hi,

finally somone had the idea to make a pacman clone

could be fun to play if you have interesting enemies, weapons and some traps.

only thing you should reconcider is the main character. make him cuter, meaner or whatever...just make him a character. the original pacman (because of its limitations) had this wide and big mouth snapping for those bubbles.
try to find something similar to this thats entertaining

cheers

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 01/14/06 22:56

Hi Blattsalat !

The character is final, but weapons comes. I swear !
Posted By: Blattsalat

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 01/14/06 23:46

i like the idea of the cap and shoes.
maybe add some nice cape or some nice black sun glasses (would fit his large nose ... at least i hope its a nose )

maybe some wobble effect while walking would be nice.
just something to make it more alive

cheers
Posted By: Julius

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 01/15/06 02:53

yeh blattsalat's right, it looks like he'd be much more natural walking with a waddle :P

i dont like the look of the sphere's that he collects. they look sorta like they're trying to be something, but they aren't anything. ya kno wot i mean? maybe coins instead? or maybe ignore me coz i dont explain stuff properly

game looks good! i think enemies should move around more, but the graphics are quite good. it looks like quite a bit of fun.

julius
Posted By: ShoreVietam

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 01/16/06 08:19

Sehr nett, wie ich sehe habt ihr meinen Rat zur aenderung der Steuerung umgesetzt.
Ist sicher wesentlich angenehmer zu spielen, es sieht zumindest so aus?

Bei diesen "Sprite-Feuerwerken" dachte ich mir, dass ihr vll. ein paar weniger Partikel braucht, wenn ihr animierte Sprites verwendet, die hab' ich auch gerade wiederentdeckt, damit laesst sich schonmal was nettes anfangen... O:-)

Ja ansonsten muesste ich mir erstmal noch das alte Video aus Vergleichsgruenden ansehen.

Was ihr jetzt noch tun koenntet, dass die bewegungsrichtung _nicht_ von der Ausrichtung des Pacmans abhaengt sondern absolut ist (der andere Vektor im Move-Befehl) und ihr den Pacman sich auf seine neue Bewegungsrichtung rotieren lasst (innerhalb einer halben sec. z.B.).

So haben sie es z.B. in Neverwinter Nights gemacht, der Charakter laeuft bereits in die richtige Richtung, das Modell selbst dreht sich aber erst noch darauf zu (mit laufanimation), was sehr viel dynamischer aussieht.

Wollte ich in Dragonrise auch schon machen, gab aber leider groessere komplikationen im Bewegungssystem...

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 01/16/06 18:46

@ ShoreVietam: Also die Bewegung sowie der 1. Level ist final, da wird nichts mehr geändert. Irgendwann wollen wir auch mal weiter kommen. Einige Änderungen habe wir schon hinter uns. Und nun haben wir beschlossen es gut sein zu lassen.

Dein Tip mit der Drehung des Pac`s haben wir kurz mal drinne gehabt, aber wieder so geändert wie es jetzt ist.

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 01/16/06 21:30

Ah na dann, supi.
Posted By: anarchie2199

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 01/17/06 07:46

Looks nice.

I hope you'll post more screenshots soon.

MFG,
Punker.
Posted By: Jog

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 01/23/06 18:07

Hallo alle zusammen.

Hier ein screenshot Snap the Pac 3D Level2.

PS.Bin der Coder.
Posted By: Jog

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 01/26/06 17:06

Sorry Leute.

Muste den screenshot wider entfernen, da der 2 Level noch nicht Final ist.

Nochmals Sorry.

M.F.G Jog
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 02/01/06 22:53

Hi!

Ich hab' mir auch mal das Video von dem PAC angesehen und auch den Screenshot.
lol - wie lange habt ihr dafür gebraucht?
Nix für Ungut - aber hier ein Tipp von mir: Wenn du schon Texturen und Modelle "von der Stange" nimmst, dann passe wenigstens die Ausdehnung und die Ränder an, als nur die Textur zuzuweisen (siehe deinen Mauern).
Für meinen Geschmack ist der level auch sehr trist - keine Abwechslung, vom Gameplay ganz abgesehen...

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 02/02/06 10:03

Ähm...die Texturen sind alles andere als von der Stange, da diese selbst erstellt sind. Und das Gameplay ist sicherlich nicht das beste was es gibt, aber für dieses Projekt ausreichend. Und Dein "lol"....naja mercuryus, warten wir mal ab, gelle. :-)

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 04/02/06 12:48

Hi togehter !

So long ago, now here comes the second level screen. A new dimesion in slow motion

On this screen you see the cemetery with zombiens and her childs. The childs can be smash with a hammer, he walks very fast. The biggerst one is slowly, you can smash it too.

Posted By: Gurke

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 04/02/06 17:57

Hmmm... I don`t know... pacman and zombis? I would prefere cute little cartoon monsters instead of these giant human brain eating guys but okay.... it looks scary.
I think the zombis look waaay to "real" in contrast with the rest (pacman, his hammer etc.).
How about some sort of "vampire dots" (flyig yellow dots with teeth?) or something like this?

~Gurke *BRAAAAAAAAAAAINZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 04/03/06 18:56

@ Gurke: Jo, but the zombi is a bit of toon, yo must see later in game.
But yellow dots with teeth are not bad, thanks for the idea :-)

Regards
Blitzblaster1
Posted By: Gurke

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 04/04/06 17:49

Okay... in the picture you can`t realy see whether the zombi is toon like or not. How about an other ingame video?^^
Well, but maybe you could make the zombis look a little bit more friendly? Like using brighter colours or giving the zombi a "not-so-human" look (for example use a big round head).

~Gurke

P.S.: Das nächste mal schreib ichs auf deutsch

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 04/05/06 17:11

Evil!

It reminds me of the SNES game "Zombies"!

That kind of graveyard fence is classical and looks nice with the hedges.

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 05/01/06 11:22

Hi everybody !

Here come a new screenshot from Snap the Pac 3D.

Posted By: Lost

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 05/01/06 11:30

The penguin model is really great. Does the game follow the classic pac man formula? You know, collect all the dots and you finish the level...or...considering how many weapons your putting in does it revolve around killing the enemies within the mazes?
Posted By: anarchie2199

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 05/01/06 13:09

You can add more details (build a fence in 3D) and it seems a bit too bright.
But the penguins are nice.

MFG,
Punker.

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 05/01/06 13:34

@ Lost: I think it is pacman with i kind of new idea`s. You must eat the dots and kill the enemis too. So i say`d for any times, that be comes zombies and mummy into the game.

@ anarchie2199: Yes, know i see it too, i change the light a bit down. But many flowers and plants are in the level. But on this screen, you can`t see it

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 05/01/06 16:47

The snowy walls and the ground fit good to each other, I think it looks even better than the last one with the hedges.
Posted By: Tozzy

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 05/01/06 17:18

Geometry slightly blocky. You need an 's' on the word 'Live'. Should be 'Lives' .

Models look very very good. I really like them.

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 05/01/06 20:10

@ ShoreVietam: Thanks for the nice words

@ Tozzy: Oh yes, now i see it too. I change it in the next time. Thanks !

Re: Snap the Pac 3D - 01/02/07 19:53

So long time a go, but in the next weeks we finish`d the game Snap the Pac 3D.
All levelscreens see here: Snap the Pac 3D Homepage

A playable demo comes soon. You can play then with keys or gamepad, but the gamepad was better

Regards
Blitzblaster1
© 2024 lite-C Forums