Futuristic gun and ammo

Posted By: Anonymous

Futuristic gun and ammo - 07/23/06 14:41

Well, I just finished a Lasgun for my game set in the Warhammer 40k universe... what do you think?
Faces: 324
Skin: 512x512

And here's a power cell for it:

Both made in Blender. Now I just need to find a .mdl exporter... the one I have gives me a 'python scripting error: sheck console' message.
Posted By: aztec

Re: Futuristic gun and ammo - 07/23/06 15:12

It looks fine
Posted By: Jupp

Re: Futuristic gun and ammo - 07/23/06 15:14

You find the exporter in the gamestudio wiki - Your gun needs still some improvements. There is still too less dirt and rust. And the texture needs more details, like microchips, displays and bolts.

- Jupp

Re: Futuristic gun and ammo - 07/23/06 15:34

Hmm... interesting ideas.
First: I didn't add rust and dust because loyal servants of the emperor are meant to keep their gear in good working order. But I know it would add a lot of interest.
Second: I didn't add displays and stuff because they're not amazingly high-tech weapons. But I suppose it's sensible... I could put it on the little bit just above the shoulder mount. Ammo counter or something, it would be cool if I could animate it like on the Assault rifle in Halo.

Thanks for the feedback!
Posted By: FoxZero

Re: Futuristic gun and ammo - 07/23/06 19:57

I like the overall shape. Different yet simplistic. My kind of gun. However the skin is too large for the few details you have. The contrast from green to gray doesn't flow right. It looks like someone spray painted it. The skin on the grip and butt look nice and the rest of the gun would look nicer if it flowed from that. Just a suggestion.
Posted By: Towelie

Re: Futuristic gun and ammo - 07/24/06 02:19

Looks good... model wise, at least. Foxzero's right, though instead of making the skin smaller, add more details. The emporer's guns also include something to make it look like a space marine/ imperial guard would carry.

Also, they are to take good care, but not go anal lol just messin.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Futuristic gun and ammo - 07/24/06 06:50

you also should make it have more little details, maybe a thin strip down the side, a slot here and there for different things? just looks very plain.

Re: Futuristic gun and ammo - 07/24/06 10:58

Hmm... I think I'll have to add some things. Specifically, a button to release the power cell, and maybe some identification decals. Imperial aquila, skulls, numbers, etc.

And I've just finished skinning a grenade model. It's pretty simplistic as well, but you're not going to be seeing them for very long before they explode

187 faces, and it uses a 512 skin, which is really way too big. I'm ging to change that, I think.
© 2024 lite-C Forums