Intresting 3DGS usage

Posted By: Grimber

Intresting 3DGS usage - 07/28/06 05:52

I came across this PDF while i was doing some google searchs and I thought some people would find it intresting to read.

It's about an Australian university using 3DGS in VR research and development
I thought if would be appropriat in showcase as its showing some of the inovative use of 3DGS beyond what the average user would see here from the forums.

http://dmt.fh-joanneum.at/projects/tina/docs/VisionSpace_CSICE2005_v2.pdf

It's not unusual to come across such papers occasionaly.
Posted By: thefanatik

Re: Intresting 3DGS usage - 07/28/06 06:50

Very cool, although too technical and long to completely read at 2AM
Posted By: Wolfgang_Knecht

Re: Intresting 3DGS usage - 07/28/06 07:37

i only want to mention (as an austrian):
it's not from australia... it's from austria.

Re: Intresting 3DGS usage - 07/28/06 08:12

Quote:

i only want to mention (as an austrian):
it's not from australia... it's from austria.

oops sorry , as thefanatik said, not a good idea to read pdfs at 3am, at least without having coffee first

btw Voralburg nice countryside, I use to know a girl from Bludenz but could never decide which was prettier the country or the girl
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Intresting 3DGS usage - 07/28/06 08:57

Quote:

oops sorry , as thefanatik said, not a good idea to read pdfs at 3am, at least without having coffee first

Quote:

btw Voralburg nice countryside, I use to know a girl from Bludenz but could never decide which was prettier the country or the girl

Posted By: Wolfgang_Knecht

Re: Intresting 3DGS usage - 07/28/06 09:06

Quote:

*lol*
Posted By: BlueBeast

Re: Intresting 3DGS usage - 07/28/06 17:10

I already know: THE GIRL, YOU SHMUCK!! That's always the correct decision when she's around anyway lol
Posted By: Stansmedia

Re: Intresting 3DGS usage - 07/28/06 18:14

Stereoscopic game would be cool.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Intresting 3DGS usage - 07/30/06 10:23

Quote:

Stereoscopic game would be cool.

You mean like in Metal Gear Acid 2 for the playstation portable? Yeah, that rocks .

It's fairly easy to make, even with 3dgs, simply use 2 views next to eachother and you'd need 40 to 60 % overlap of those views to get the stereoscopic 3D effect, but off course you'd need stereoscopic glasses too ... The right distance to the screen and the right kind of view overlap is important, but far from impossible off course.

Cheers

Re: Intresting 3DGS usage - 07/30/06 13:02

there was a company that made stereoscopic glasses and it came with a .dll specificly for 3DGS but i can't seem to find that company anymore.

I keep thinking it may have been this company:
https://edimensional.com/
© 2024 lite-C Forums