3d model editor

Posted By: Reconnoiter

3d model editor - 10/08/18 10:45

Hello,

Is there an up to date model editor that resembles the simplicity of MED's interface?

I am now using Blender and MED but would like to find an model editor that can replace MED for simple models/tasks.
Posted By: Ezzett

Re: 3d model editor - 10/10/18 14:40

Do you know bforartists? http://bforartists.de It's still Blender but with a different GUI.

I don't think there is much competition for MED out there. Maybe metasequoia 4? http://www.metaseq.net/en/ It looks simple but I never tried it.
Posted By: Quad

Re: 3d model editor - 10/10/18 18:49

check milkshape and fragmotion.

They have some direct support for gamestudio, and have more tools compared to med but not as complex as blender or other fully featured modelling software.

milkshape is €25.

fragmotion is $35 but it gives you free 7 day license if you enter lord's prayer word by word, you can do this again ever 7 days.
Posted By: Ezzett

Re: 3d model editor - 10/11/18 05:31

Milkshape wasn't updated for nearly ten years and Fragmotion is much more focused on animating than modelling.
Posted By: Superku

Re: 3d model editor - 10/11/18 15:26

Before switching to Blender more recently I used Wings3D. It's rather simple to use but much advanced than MED, and it's free.

Re: 3d model editor - 10/13/18 14:13

Thanks all, I am gonna try those out. I hadn't heard of bforartists before.
Posted By: karmacomposer

Re: 3d model editor - 09/18/19 13:18

I am evaluating Rocket 3F - a really nice looking modeler.

I also own Silo 2, Modo 10, Curvy 3D, Metasequioa and a cute little modeler called Archipelas.

Rocket 3F seems to be rather amazing. Most functions are free and is not save-disabled.

Mike

Re: 3d model editor - 10/31/19 16:20

Originally Posted by karmacomposer
I am evaluating Rocket 3F - a really nice looking modeler.

I also own Silo 2, Modo 10, Curvy 3D, Metasequioa and a cute little modeler called Archipelas.

Rocket 3F seems to be rather amazing. Most functions are free and is not save-disabled.

Mike
, it works now, my internet connection was to slow to load the captcha or something like that. Very nice model editor so far Rocket 3F, thanks for the tip! Rocket 3F seems amazing but I get errors when trying to register (needed to download it I think), does anyone know how to get this working?
I asks me to fill a security number or something like that but I don't get any emails nor is there a textbox to fill in the code. (tried different browsers and anti-tracking disabled etc)

It is a shame we cannot uv map (I think) in Rocket 3F and adding 2nd/3rd textures (for normal, emmission textures etc). I did like the pattern tool a lot and as well as well as the spline tube. There is also a draw tool which peaked my interest but you need to pay 80 bucks for the full version to unlock it. Honestly without uv mapping possibilities, that seems rather expensive.
At least the free version is good for some quick modeling.

Re: 3d model editor - 01/05/20 14:17

Since a few days I have been trying out Hexagon from Daz3D (it is free on registering) since I was tired of Blender materials not working both in Unity and Gs3D. I have to say despite of the somewhat dated interface (but better than Rocked 3F in my opinion) it seems like a pretty powerful but still easy to learn modeling program. It also has better undo/redo than Rocket 3F and like Rocket 3F has some good pattern-like selection tools. The extruding tools etc are also very intuitive. There is also UV mapping (several handy tools at first glance) but no animation (though perhaps Daz3D offers that since it does feature humanoid poses, but not sure).
© 2024 lite-C Forums