New C-Script workshops available

Posted By: George

New C-Script workshops available - 06/22/04 15:29

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that the next pack of workshops is uploaded at Conitec's download page; there are 25 workshops now.

Have fun!
George.
Posted By: rosco

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 06/22/04 23:12

That is awesome!

Your previous workshops have been very helpful, and I'm definately looking forward to checking these out, too.

Keep up the good work (or take a well deserved break),
--rosco

EDIT: also-- are the new lessons available seperate from the old ones anywhere? I'm currently using a 56k speed internet connection, and 15.3 mb is going to take a long long time...

Thanks again,
--rosco
Posted By: Mapman

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 06/23/04 00:11

Hi,
great stuff... where can I download the
cscript_samples.zip
from?

I click on the link from the htm help document but it does not go anywhere

cheers
Posted By: pocorev

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 06/23/04 01:34

oh boy!

maybe there's still some hope for me to learn this stuff

thanks george

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 06/23/04 14:25

Thank you for the nice comments.
@rosco: I'm afraid that you'll have to download the full pack again.
@Mapman: there's a link to the workshop files inside the chm file.

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 06/23/04 17:59

Hi George...
thanks...
but this is what I'm doing...
I saved the new chm file on a folder and when I click on the first "Download" link it opens the COnitec download page just fine ...

but when I click on the "cscript_samples.zip." link nothing happens...
could you post the URL for this Zip file if possible?

Thanks
Mapman
Posted By: al1

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 06/24/04 06:25

The french version is also online here

for mapman The examples are here

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 06/24/04 15:00

Thank you Alain. You are doing a great job for the French community.

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 06/24/04 19:59

Thank you
downloading examples now
Cheers
Mapman
Posted By: Rankin

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 06/24/04 23:32

Where is the German version?
Posted By: tjiara

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 06/26/04 00:58

thank you!!!

thank you!!!
Posted By: Grimber

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 06/28/04 02:25

Looks very nice George. Always look forward to your work
Posted By: Rhuarc

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 06/28/04 23:57

I'm really blind, it took me 5 min to find it on that page ... can't wait until Conitec puts the new design into action.

Downloading now, I'll look foreward to taking a look!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 06/29/04 16:50

Well, don't be blind (just kidding but I'm glad you find the download page).

Due to the 256-character limit, I put in a couple of links in the signiture, so whenever you see a post with my name, you will find a download link in my sig. So here it is...
Posted By: Nems

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 06/29/04 18:48

Looking good Grayson.
Cheers.

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 06/29/04 21:49

Thanks!
Posted By: Julius

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 06/30/04 11:00

The tutorials use c_move, so I can't wait for the next update, since c_move is buggy now, and for some people doesn't work at all!

Good tutorials George. You never fail to impress

Julian
Posted By: muralist

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 07/01/04 08:07

Thanks, George. The AUM is a great help.

How can i modify the Perfect AI in #31 so I can use a different player and weapon (I'm combining that level with the buoyancy level from Newton Game Dynamics -- I want to use Perfect Ai with floating barrels etc).

Thanks again.

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 07/02/04 03:26

Absolutely brilliant - when I first got the workshops it went up to 17. And they were excellent - (I didn't learn jack off the 6-days tutorial - I learnt so much from these workshops).

Now, to see that 18 to 25 are covering a little more in depth ROCKS! I'm gonna try and go over them tomorrow. I can't wait for the next installment (I hope there is another installment).

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 07/02/04 05:04

Hi guys,

I'm sorry for the delay; I took a short vacation but now I'm back.
@Rankin: Conitec is taking care of the German translation; I think that you will find it there soon.
@Julian: I didn't have problems with c_move lately; it looks like the bugs were crushed.
@muralist: simply replace my model with your model and change the firing vertex accordingly.
@Masked_Ouijaa: Don't worry; I plan to write about 40 workshops.
Posted By: Julius

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 07/02/04 21:34

Quote:

@Julian: I didn't have problems with c_move lately; it looks like the bugs were crushed.

With the latest update installed (maybe the one just before that), I had made a script using c_move that wasn't working. I sent in examples to see if anyone could help. So, under JCL's instructions, I sent the level and the compiled executable to Marco Grubert, who emailed me back. He told me he had no crashes. He also told me that recently a c bug had been squished, and that may have fixed it.
I had also seen other people post for help with c_move, and after much trying, the posts died and they weren't helped. From what I've gathered, for some it works, for some it doesn't.

Glad yours works, George, because you are a living legend and everyone wants your tutorials.

There has been talk about c_move being "fixed" in the next update.

Julian
Posted By: Masai

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 08/18/04 07:13

I think there is an error in the workshop 23 (the most interesting for me 'cause the bones are not very developed in manual): in the folder named 'workshop23' there is the same script as in workshop 24, and I can't find the robot model with 'walk' and 'kick' animation. Any help??

Massimo

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 08/23/04 05:12

I have script23 and script23_2 in my \workshop23 folder and script24 inside the \workshop24 folder on my hard drive. I will download the zip file and I'll check it.

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 08/23/04 18:30

I have downloaded the cscript.zip file from Conitec's download page and everything is ok inside it. Try to download the file again.

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 08/25/04 06:16

... but the cscript.zip in download page contains only the cspript.chm file, not the workshop directory! I tried the file cscript_samples.zip here: http://server.conitec.net/down/cscript_samples.zip but there are only the old workshop files (from 1 to 17). So, where can I download the workshop dir???

Thank you
Posted By: Bopete

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 08/25/04 23:21

Try the " C-Script Workshop English Lessons 1-25" link on the downloads page in the first section, "Trial Version and Documentation":
http://server.conitec.net/down/cscript.zip
and see if that's what you are looking for?

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 08/26/04 01:14

Thank you for your help... but in this file there is ONLY cscript.chm, and I'm looking for the code samples!

Masai
Posted By: Bopete

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 08/26/04 12:18

Doh, you're right, my bad. If you can't find it anywhere (and I'm puzzled as to what happened to it), send me a private message. I have the 3.9 meg English version zip file (cscript_samples.zip), with the code samples for all 25 lessons, so let me know if you want me to get it somehow (and how).

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 08/29/04 21:53

The chm file contains a link to the c-script projects on the first page (I think it's "introduction".

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 08/29/04 22:56

Yes, it's true, but this link (in 'introduction' chapter) has a relative link, not an absolute one. So, if I click on it, it tries to find the file cscript_samples.zip on my desktop! Please, put the direct link for your workshop samples in the download page !!

Thank you
Posted By: Bean

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 09/01/04 08:52

I'm getting errors with the workshop. When I open it I receive an error "Can't open file 'workshops.wad'. When I remove the wad file from the texture manager and re-add it. It works fine, I can rebuild it and everything. But when I run it, I get the error "<WORK01.WMB.: Can't open file" and an error E1100: "<work01.wmb>: Can't open level. I also tried re-downloading the file, and re-installing GS and I still get the error. I hope there is a fix 'cause I want to get to learn c-script. Thanks.
Posted By: jcl

Re: New C-Script workshops available - 09/02/04 18:23

Some users were confused by having to click on the link in the first page of the C-Script workshop for unzipping the files. So again here's the step by step instruction for getting the files:

- Open the .chm file.
- Click the link on the first page.
- A window will pop up where you can give a target folder to unzip the files into. How the window looks like depends on which unzip programs are installed on your PC. If none is installed, the Windows standard unzipper will pop up.
- After the files are extracted, change to that folder and start working with the tutorials.

We've received many support questions by users who could not find this link, therefore the new workshops will contain the files in a separate zip archive.
© 2024 lite-C Forums