Who's entering the Spring Contest?

Posted By: Bird

Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 04/14/05 15:45

Just wondering..
Posted By: Tozzy

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 04/14/05 15:55

Spring contest? That wouldn't be too difficult would it because 3DS MAX can create springs for you in the dynamics rollout!!!
Posted By: Joey

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 04/14/05 15:58

?? what's that for an answer...

i thought about it; sadly, i think i've no time to start up with the game project that comes into my mind. i would. let's see, but i think that there are currently very good on-going projects out there (sd, mittelalter, only to state a few).

joey.
Posted By: FBL

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 04/14/05 16:14

I really wanted to take part, but then I realized ethre is too much to be done, to have a really complete game, so I dropped that plan.

Anyway it would have been some fun hours for the jury playing the game - but taking a look at what is being created with A6, I'd stand no chance.
Posted By: xoNoid

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 04/14/05 16:42

I was going to enter my project. However after looking at the competition im having second thoughts .
Posted By: FeiHongJr

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 04/14/05 19:08

If I had a project to enter I would regardless of how good I thought it was. For one you cant be sure of what else has been entered (least I dont know) but the main reason is you cant win if you dont try. I admit that compared to a large amount of users on the forums my work is really lacking alot. My website is filled with work that by comparison is garbage but Im still proud of it cause its mine. I find it kind of sad that some people hide what they do in shame because by comparison it isnt good. Never the less if I do have something completed (which I doubt). I will enter it. I think the other users should do the same in my opinion I beleive it would make for a better competition, and you never know you may win something. I appologize to the judges if they rather us not
Posted By: SlyBoots

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 04/16/05 00:30

I have two possible submissions in mind.
Posted By: MatAllum

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 04/16/05 01:28

Man, I wish I could enter. But my alien game is only in its very early stages right now, not even close to a contest. Maybe next time.
Posted By: James_Burke

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 04/16/05 10:38

We hope to enter our project, but we're not sure wheather it will be ready or not.
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 04/16/05 11:38

If i get my dialoge system work, and find some models, i will also enter the contest.
Posted By: Realspawn

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 04/16/05 13:09

i am in
Posted By: Towelie

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 04/16/05 13:49

When is it? And can only 1 person enter it, or can a project made by a whole team enter it?

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 04/16/05 13:54

simply have a look at the contest page.

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 04/16/05 14:10

Ah Gotcha
Posted By: Roger

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 04/16/05 16:18

i gonna win it
Posted By: Nadester

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 04/16/05 17:36

I'll be entering as well, possibly two titles.
Posted By: Drittz_Dourden

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 04/16/05 22:08

I will not enter, due to the fact that conitec always does PROGRAMMING style contest like games ... only exception i know of is the tutorial contest, but humm a multiplayer tutorial one..(programming) if they did a more level design style contest then ya i would enter . but they wont therefor i don't have a single chance in he...umm you know that place of winning.. and thats not a low self esteeem thats just me not good at programming.. but GOODLUCK to those that due enter
a level design contest who knows i might win..i think im good. and i can do a good level with out having to program shaders. humm maybe next year conitec?

Daniel
Posted By: XeXeS

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 04/19/05 16:40

At the moment our time ist limited but there is a very high chance that we enter the Spring Contest with Sunset Down.

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 04/19/05 17:40

Ah man don't because if you do you'll win (or at least come second)
Posted By: Night Viper

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 04/20/05 18:22

I'll be entering a game that I'm making specifically for this contest. Its only bout a month long project, but it should be fun. I originally planned on entering two games, but got wrapped up with my Botz project.

I'm looking foward to seeing the other projects this contest turns up. Good luck to all.
Posted By: Gamesaint762

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 04/20/05 18:49

My team will enter but only if we have our demo ready. There are alot of things we still have to tweak and alot of code that has to be written. We are going for top notch quality on this title and nothing less, so if it is up to my standards, which are pretty high, then we will submit an entry. The important thing to me is just finishing a functional game, not winning or even placing in a contest. GS out.
Posted By: Wiz

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 04/26/05 15:18

I have two games in mind, but I don't think I will get none of them ready because I've got to much work at school at the moment. Well, we'll see...
*going back to his studies*
Posted By: SandGroper

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 04/27/05 11:14

im not ready.
Posted By: Matt_Aufderheide

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/02/05 09:49

I'm attempting to enter, It shuold be ready by the due date..

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/02/05 11:31

My teams trying... the games gonna be done, though if it will win we are pretty sure it wont... still worth a shot
Posted By: LordRathan

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/02/05 11:52

Maybe... if I will be right done with the demo.
Posted By: ISG

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/05/05 01:28

I've been thinking about it. I might, depending on what goes on with the project, it all just varies on a few aspects. As much as I want to join though, I doubt I will include our project. We don't want to show unfinished work to much.

Best of luck to everyone who 'does' join though.
Posted By: Nems

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/05/05 02:14

I'm not a programmer either but I do like throwing stuff together and submitting, I'm sure it gives Conitec a good laugh.
Enter your projects anyway, just make sure they work, thats all.
I doubt if I'll have my latest ready but if I do, maybe I'll submitt it, WIP that it is.
Dont be put off by version number or what you think is cool as it is Conitec who judges and they have their own measures.
As I understand it though, this time the entries may be subject to forum member votes as well so that makes everyones chances even.
Do it for the exercise of completing a project or making an entry.
Luck all,
Cheers.
Posted By: Claus_N

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/05/05 13:25

I think I'll enter the contest... Maybe with two small games...

Here's a shot:

(Space Ball)

Good luck to all!
Posted By: keinPlan86m

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/09/05 11:56

Well, if my pc get repaired, next week, i think i will take part, too.
If not, maybe next contest :-)
Posted By: Inestical

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/20/05 07:17

i was thinking about entering, but to see developers and experts, i think i will wait until next year ^^

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/20/05 14:44

Whine if you have a completed project i would go ahead and enter it anyways never know unless you try right

Quote:

but to see developers and experts

lol, I hope you dont mean the label under everyones names According to that im a developer too and i havent developed a darn thing yet

I had hoped to get a small demo up and running to enter how ever i doubt itll happen i keep gettin side tracked shrugs oh well maybe next time

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/20/05 20:19

We originally were going to enter our project Dissalution (did I spell it correctly that tiem Soulblister? But then we had problems when we got a new guy to do our animations, plus errors we kept running into, so instead it will be posted in showcase 1 as our teams first project.

nd Fei is right, Whine. If you got soemthign to show, show it, and theres always a chance, one year a team actually entered two projects and won first AND second place! They not only got a4 pro, I think it was submitted with a4, but it also got free updates. Nice eh? Anyways, I'd say go ahead and show what you got.

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/20/05 20:25

well.. i could do something.. i have in mind few things that are cool (at my sight).. when does the competition start? I must be sure that i can get enough time to finish the demo ( i have another project pushing on so i'm not sure do i enter this year..)

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/20/05 20:28

Today is the 20th of may, and it is due by the 30th. If you didnt start yet, you most certainly wont have time.

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/20/05 20:43

Quote:

Today is the 20th of may, and it is due by the 30th. If you didnt start yet, you most certainly wont have time

Dang, wheres TUSC when you need it

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/22/05 09:52

hmm.. its set im not going to enter this year, my oriject and hobbies are pushing too much :/

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/22/05 16:38

I've decided to enter with my project

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/22/05 18:15

Okay

Do you have any screenshots of it...?
Posted By: Sebe

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/22/05 20:37

@claus_nielsen: search function => "horde"

that helps ^^

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/23/05 13:18

Yeh people post screens of your contest projects. I want to see how badly im going to loose .

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/23/05 16:29

you are going fine! go for it get me 400$
Posted By: Ichiro

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/26/05 19:38

We'll be entering Epidemic Groove, because the lady ordered us to enter Epidemic Groove.
Posted By: MentalAbyss

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/27/05 05:29

I'm in. This should be interesting!
Here is my entry, these shots are a couple builds old now though.
Mind's Eye

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/27/05 13:40

It seems like that my chances to win are very small... :S

I've entered with Spaceball (posted here earlier), Duallon (screenshots - text only on danish) and the sample level of my RPG Templates...

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/27/05 14:58

our entrie is P-Slider screen and movie on my site

http://www.realspawnproductions.com/shop.html

Posted By: Ambassador

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/28/05 06:10

Where do you find all of those good looking girls to your games Ichiro?
Posted By: Ichiro

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/28/05 16:27

Where do you find all of those good looking girls to your games Ichiro?

She'll be flattered you said that. It's funny; most people seem to be eager to pose for pictures in silly video games such as the ones I write. I sometimes feel like Ed Wood minus the charisma.
Posted By: Night Viper

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/29/05 07:00

We will be entering Botz Attack, and the demo is already available for anyone who wants to get an early look. BotZ Attack

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/29/05 16:16

BTW conitec lol 30 may is my birthday hint hint
fellow contesters all good luck

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/29/05 17:57

http://www.nighthawk.dk/arts/laesmere.asp?Nyhed_ID=78&language=engelsk

@Realspawn
lol
...And I had birthday the 5th...

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/30/05 06:55

Finally i finished the demo of my game, Planet of the Damned, just in time for the contest. Uploading to my server now, i will let you know when it's up. Wheew
Posted By: Bird

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/30/05 13:51

Yeah, today is deadline
Good luck @ all!

EDIT: Happy Birthday, Realspawn!

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/30/05 13:53

Sigh, my programmer got sick.... theres always next year.... good luck to you all, and let the best game win
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/30/05 18:16

We already uploaded the demo of our game but finally decided to participate NOT now. Its because, the demo still does not represent the feeling and story that I tried to achieve in this game.

Good luck to all the participants! Can't wait to see your entries as far as you did not already post a demo of it here in the forum.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/30/05 19:06

BTW how did you manage to keep this limitation?
Quote:

The entry should not be bigger than around 25 MB (the smaller the better).

I failed keeping my project in that limits.
Posted By: SlyBoots

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/31/05 00:00

Blar, I'm not going to make it.

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/31/05 02:20

With about 15 minutes to spare, Biyu Biyu Rocket makes the deadline

Edit: Hopefully I don't get slammed because of different timezones... I hope Conitec is understanding
Posted By: ShoreVietam

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/31/05 08:53

I managed to keep Dragonrise including the html Manual and 2 screens at 27,1 MB.
I think that's ok since they said something like around 5 to 25 MB.

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 05/31/05 10:20

Mine is over a hundred megs, but it'll be worth it...They said they accepted it so i guess it's ok..
25 megs is fine for a small game, but for a full scale FPS like mine, even a one level demo, I cant see how you can keep it so small. An individual character model for me is around 5 megs alone. Say you have 4 characters--that's 20 megs already.. add in everything else.. wheww.
Posted By: Helghast

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 06/01/05 07:00

that's what you get for using 7 skins to let a shader work, lol not talking about the levels then :P

btw, would a game get reviewed higher when it is able to run smooth on more pc's but looks less good then when it only runs on higher pc's *thinks of shaders etc.* ??
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 06/01/05 23:52

On topic: Well, next contest I'm hopefully going to be ready to enter the contest...
Off topic: I think, that 100Mb for a game demo is quite fair.. Nowadays most AAA title demos are larger anyway, more like 300-600Mbs, I wonder why though, mostly because of soundfiles I think...

Cheers
Posted By: A.Russell

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 06/02/05 01:31

Quote:

Nowadays most AAA title demos are larger anyway, more like 300-600Mbs, I wonder why though, mostly because of soundfiles I think...

Audio files are quites large, even if they are oggs, but it's usually mostly graphics. Vertex animations make for huge file sizes, and so do all the skins and textures. To use JPG files you need a license, so the next smallest file that 3dgs supports is PCX, which is about ten times larger. TGAs with alpha channel are quite large, too.

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 06/02/05 03:15

Mine was about 85mb. I'm interested to see how your entry will do Matt... best of luck

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 06/02/05 03:16

Ah well good thing we didnt submit... *looks down upon his 10mb game*

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 06/02/05 03:18

Too bad you didn't enter Towelie, maybe I'm going to get disqualified

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 06/02/05 03:20

Lol... not that I get it... *raises eyebrow* (I'm slow) Anyways, next year I'll be naturing our game, Dissolation (spelled right SoulBlister ) and by then, itll blow all ur games in its dust and then some

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 06/02/05 04:23

I tihkn the appropriate file size should based on the type of game it is.. no one will want to download a 100 meg 3d poker game, bt a FarCry style shooter, sure. Most poeple have broadband these days, do i dont think filesizes mnake much technical difference anymore...lol remember when a game used to fit on a 5 1/2 floppy disk?
Posted By: mk_1

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 06/02/05 09:50

C64 times... 7 minutes loading time...
Posted By: FBL

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 06/03/05 07:34

Didn't you use a fastloader?

No the fun part: It was not the C64 floppy that is so slow, it actually was the C64. Ever connected a C64 floppy to the pc? Ten times faster

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 06/03/05 12:58

Quote:

Lol... not that I get it... *raises eyebrow* (I'm slow) Anyways, next year I'll be naturing our game, Dissolation (spelled right SoulBlister ) and by then, itll blow all ur games in its dust and then some

Disqualifed because I tripled the max file size amount

Re: Who's entering the Spring Contest? - 06/03/05 21:01

LMAO
© 2024 lite-C Forums