Render Contest II

Posted By: light_mystic

Render Contest II - 08/21/05 00:14

Ok! Once again I am making a new contest this time for money....... and no this is not a scam ..... I have good profile here so please don't think this.... anyways what are you losing?

This Render Contest has 3 categories to choose from:

1: CG Cartoon Renders of popular CG Movies.....(That means you RealSpawn..)

2: Fantasy Art Renders. Mideval,Dragons.....etc....etc.

3.Spooky Renders. Ghosts,Haunted Houses....etc...etc.

Ok!...That is said: ... and done. Now to the money Part.

Ok!
  • 1st Prize winner will be $50 USD.

• 2nd Prize winner will be $25 USD.

• 3rd Prize winner will be $15 USD

Just a few contest Rules to abide by....

• 1.Each entry as they build their concepts up and progress will be their choice to show their work as they go.

• 2. No duplicating or copying each other or you will be disqualified ..... all must be original.

• 3. When making the Renders and concepts..... Please post what modeling package is used.

• 4. No Nudity! To many young eyes let's keep it clean.... Please!. And not so much blood and gore. We don't want to scare or repulse people that much!

• 5. Have fun and Let's make those Renders and Start Rendering!

Also... for further things to add..... on this money part I have read for Legal and trust terms..... Conitec has stated they will host money for contests.
    Or I could get ahold of Dan Silverman and have him host the money for everyone. So they can trust that this contest will be legit. And.... Yes! btw each of the Three Catgories will be awarded 1st,2nd and 3rd winner prizes!

The Dead line is November 3rd.... And to make things further fair for everyone.... when this is judged the users of this forum who vote the most will make the owner of the Render a prize winner.

Ok! enough of that...

Lets Render!
  • Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Render Contest II - 08/21/05 04:35

Flying from the light at the horizon:

Refracting paradise:

I used Blender 3d, and Cinema 4D

by the way, I made some winamp visualizations recently...
    Posted By: scary_man

Re: Render Contest II - 08/21/05 10:27

I'll be sketching right ahead
    maybe i'll join
    Posted By: BoH_Havoc

Re: Render Contest II - 08/21/05 12:51

I think i'll join, too.

I don't get what you meant by that:
    "1: CG Cartoon Renders of popular CG Movies.....(That means you RealSpawn..)"
    and fantasy isn't my style. So i'll do the scary thing *evillaugh*

Posted By: Joozey

Re: Render Contest II - 08/21/05 15:38

I'll give it a shot, nothing to lose so...
    Going for the fantasy style!
    Posted By: Realspawn

Re: Render Contest II - 08/21/05 20:52

meet orko an old he-man character

Posted By: FoxZero

Re: Render Contest II - 08/21/05 21:47

Ahhhh... For the spooky thing, can I do a gun weilding warewolf? I was going to do this for fun in Milkshape after the car contest. If this is approriate I'll submit it. I've never seen a warewolf weilding two M16s!
    Posted By: Inestical

Re: Render Contest II - 08/21/05 21:53

nice looking both Realspawn and WING!!

Re: Render Contest II - 08/21/05 22:44

Quote:

Ahhhh... For the spooky thing, can I do a gun weilding warewolf? I was going to do this for fun in Milkshape after the car contest. If this is approriate I'll submit it. I've never seen a warewolf weilding two M16s!

I don't see why not? As long as you abide by the Rules of the contest.

Thank you all so far and will be expecting more... and have fun!
    Posted By: VPrime

Re: Render Contest II - 08/22/05 08:02

for the cartoon render one.. cna me make up a cartoony scene..?or must it be based on a CG Movie?

Re: Render Contest II - 08/22/05 11:41

Quote:

for the cartoon render one.. cna me make up a cartoony scene..?or must it be based on a CG Movie?

No can be your own imagination.....
    Posted By: Marky Mark

Re: Render Contest II - 08/24/05 03:31

Very nice Wing!
    Posted By: VPrime

Re: Render Contest II - 08/24/05 05:21

heres a start to mine... its a cartoon scene based on the anime Initial D.. it will be cell shaded at the end..
    its a car drifting around a corner down a mountain side.. the car is a Hachi Roku AE86(86 Toyota corola) theres goign to be some foilage ont he side, and a mountain.. maybe an ocean below.. depending on the camera angle i choose...and it will be night time i think...

question... can i take the final image into photoshop and add some thigns (like dust.. and "effects") or must it all be rendered right form 3d app.?

Re: Render Contest II - 08/24/05 07:01

Ok... I have good news and bad news (the bad one for myself)
    the good news is I'll join in the spooky render thingy. bad thing...... I'll have to use 3dsmax instead of maya (which im am used to) because they are using 3dsmax on my new school. So the results might not be as good as before Oh well! I'll try. (I asked a copy of 3dsmax at school )

-Jeroen

Re: Render Contest II - 08/24/05 12:42

Quote:

question... can i take the final image into photoshop and add some thigns (like dust.. and "effects") or must it all be rendered right form 3d app.?

Yes I don't see why not. As long as you use most of the render in a modeling package and just state what software is used for all the effects.
    Posted By: Stansmedia

Re: Render Contest II - 08/24/05 18:02

Scary manakin with some red stains. Probably find this in a haunted house. Modelled and rendered in max 4.2

Re: Render Contest II - 08/24/05 21:45

scary..
    It's not fun to read this and see that a 12:43 am :P(that's the time here now ^^)

but very cool models with you all!
    Posted By: Aram

Re: Render Contest II - 08/25/05 07:00

I really like your model and the lighting. I wonder if I could do something like this someday.
    Posted By: ello

Re: Render Contest II - 08/25/05 07:42

i digged up this:

maybe i'll find the time for something new

Re: Render Contest II - 08/25/05 08:02

That's cool, ello! First i thought that u posted photo.. then i looked more carefully the eyes

I want to see more!

Re: Render Contest II - 08/25/05 08:32

although it sounds a lil ironic (a photo looks much different i think) i have some more on my website in the gallery section . theres the fish from different angles and distortions but i didnt want to post all tof them here

Re: Render Contest II - 08/25/05 08:53

aight, gonna check it soon
    Posted By: Christoph_B

Re: Render Contest II - 08/25/05 11:25

here i have a little animation for the cartoon part, nothing special, an hour modelling and another for rendering it(just pictures, because the video is 80mb^^):

Posted By: Aram

Re: Render Contest II - 08/25/05 15:04

He is so cute!

Re: Render Contest II - 08/25/05 21:33

i tried zbrush today, thats a real great tool but also heavy stuff from how it works if you are not used to it:)

dont know what category to enter with this?

Re: Render Contest II - 08/25/05 22:08

Anything Scary goes in the spooky category.
    Posted By: Calined

Re: Render Contest II - 08/26/05 06:09

@ ello o.o
    thats awesome @.@

@ chb2 he is really adorable ^^
    Posted By: capanno

Re: Render Contest II - 08/26/05 08:26

Posted By: Shinobi

Re: Render Contest II - 08/27/05 15:33

Ohh saw this topic now , i have some Renders that i did Months ago . Here are Some.

Re: Render Contest II - 08/27/05 16:59

Im pressive Shinobi!

Re: Render Contest II - 08/27/05 20:50

I know that bike game: Armagetron ^^ Looks awesome!

Re: Render Contest II - 08/28/05 03:36

Thx for the Comments .
    The Bikes are From the Movie Tron , here some more Render shots i did a while back.

this is a Low Poly Ninja 2600 Polys if i am right.

Here the same Model in High Poly

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Render Contest II - 08/28/05 05:54

Hi!
    I know some of you get frustrated with current internet technologies in downloading tons of big pictures on the Render Contest II page so I have provided thumbnails (thanks to Josh Arldt for the server space). I hope you all enjoy the pictures and please tell me which ones are the best! (click on the link left of the picture to go to the high-resolution version). You may be wondering why my games are not that good, well, the reason is because I spend a lot more time animating these types of scenes that would be way too much MB for most people to download. I may make a DVD of them someday though.
    angels.jpgblonde.jpgbritemountain.jpg

litrainbows.jpgorangeblock.jpgpurpleocean.jpg

rainbowclouds.jpgstars.jpgsunset1.jpg

sunset2.jpgsunsetgood3.jpgsunsetgood4.jpg

title.jpgtransparentspheres.jpg
    Posted By: RJDL

Re: Render Contest II - 08/28/05 19:06

WOW! all pictures are very cool
    i like the X-wing...
    keep going

RJDL

Re: Render Contest II - 08/28/05 19:08

@SHINOBI: your ninja is REALLY cool!

Re: Render Contest II - 08/28/05 20:15

Thank you RJDL , i started a Movie with him for a MOD , but droped that half the way.

Re: Render Contest II - 08/28/05 20:22

Some more shots :

Posted By: tuschcarsten

Re: Render Contest II - 08/28/05 20:24

Tron forever !!!

Re: Render Contest II - 08/29/05 08:37

Quote:

Tron forever !!!

excatly! and allpics so far are AWESOME!

Re: Render Contest II - 09/01/05 12:49

new one:

Re: Render Contest II - 09/01/05 12:53

freaky:)

Re: Render Contest II - 09/01/05 13:04

lol, ello tells ME, that MY work is freaky
    Posted By: EX Citer

Re: Render Contest II - 09/04/05 07:32

Wing, your pic blonde is faked. You ripped the girl Tina from DOA wallpaper.

Re: Render Contest II - 09/04/05 20:06

I created everything in that picture except the girl's face, which I did edit anyways. And I got her face from an anime site. Now I searched for DOA & Tina and you must be talking about "Tina Armstrong?" You can see from that game that her face looks different, if this is who you're talking about:
    compared to:???????????
    ?????
    Please show the picture that I "ripped" and "faked."
    Posted By: Calined

Re: Render Contest II - 09/05/05 07:46

hmmm i dont think its her..the nose seems different...
    Posted By: Towelie

Re: Render Contest II - 09/05/05 14:45

I did some research, and after finding this I have to side with Ex citer.

compared to

Re: Render Contest II - 09/05/05 17:09

That's the one I made Towelie and where did you find this? I'm sure they copied it from me actually! But I really don't care about your opinions Towelie and Ex_Citer, its the truth that matters! I rendered that water from a 3d animation program, and drew all the clouds, body and wings freehand with a soft brush and edited the face from an anime picture.

Re: Render Contest II - 09/05/05 17:53

Ok first off, I'm comparing yours to DOA's... and secondly, they copied it from you?!? DOA has been around for YEARS now, so I'm pretty sure they didnt copy it from you...

Re: Render Contest II - 09/05/05 18:46

Just wanna let you guys know , before some says that one of my Tron Picture is stolen from the Original . I took one Pic from the Original Movie and tryed to make the same in 3D .

Here is the Original

And her the remade one by me .

I love Tron too , the movie is one of the best ever.

Re: Render Contest II - 09/05/05 19:28

Truthfully, some of your aspects looks better than the original, say the refeltive-ness on the grey parts of the... things (I have never seen nor heard of tron) I'd suggest adding a blur effect on the rear... thing and all, make it look pimped out great job

Re: Render Contest II - 09/05/05 19:42

Thx

Tron the Movie is a must watch Movie

I didnt blur it couse the rear one is not that far away.

Re: Render Contest II - 09/05/05 20:03

Well it suppost to blur. Now you can't see it's moving.
    still the rest is better

EDIT
    Also: Shadows are to bright and could use blur aswell

-Jeroen

Re: Render Contest II - 09/05/05 20:16

Quote:

Well it suppost to blur. Now you can't see it's moving.
    still the rest is better

EDIT
    Also: Shadows are to bright and could use blur aswell

-Jeroen

Thats true

But the renders are 2 years old if i am right , i burned all my older Projects to DvD . It's not worth it to change that now .... or it is ?

Re: Render Contest II - 09/05/05 22:02

Towelie, that's totally lame! Didn't you understnd what I said: "I MADE THAT PICTURE, I DID NOT COPY IT!" You are just plain wrong and you can't accept it! Where's all your awesome renders anyway, mr. "I know big companies and you don't"????!!!

Re: Render Contest II - 09/05/05 23:06

Quote:

I created everything in that picture except the girl's face, which I did edit anyways. And I got her face from an anime site.

Dont get upset WING. I can believe you made the body, wings, and background, but when you say to took the head and edited it I'd still count that as "copying"... maybe light_mystic, the Contest creator, can intervine?

Also, I'm not a render artist and thats why you're not seeing anythign from me.

Finally, I never claimed you did not know big companies. However, when you state...

Quote:

I'm sure they copied it from me actually!

And that game has been made years ago (I believe that is DOA 2?) its hard to believe THEY took it from YOU...

And I may be wrong yes, and if I am I'm truely sorry, and I can accept the fact when I'm wrong but a coincidence on this scale is hard to believe I am wrong...
    Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Render Contest II - 09/05/05 23:38

Quote:

a coincidence on this scale is hard to believe I am wrong...

... I don't agree. Blonde women with big breasts are not seldom, and they are very common in drawings. Coincidences in such cases are unavoidable...

Re: Render Contest II - 09/06/05 00:10

Lol not the whole big breasted blonde woman, the face was ripped... And now, I just merged the two pictures (took the face from Tina and gave it a 67% opacity over WING's angel's face) and heres what I came up with.

Same look, same hair sway, the Angel's face is a bit paler but WING stated he edited it a bit... come now, I cant believe more people havnt noticed it.

Re: Render Contest II - 09/06/05 01:15

Thanks Pappenheimer, your game is about 10 times better than what I've seen from Towelie and Ex_Citer put together by the way!

Towelie:Why would you say you found that picture on a DOA site and then if you right click on it, its linked from the exact same picture on the server I uploaded to on your other post? Does "Dead or Alive" use voicesoffaith.com as their server too? I don't think so. You (and Ex_Citer) sure are quick at criticizing and finding flaws in other people's work too. What about your own? I wouldn't care if you go make websites for your little internet police squad because I don't steal other people's work. I can model and make faces easily anyway! You think that little face would be difficult?! The face actually makes up 0.7% of the picture by the way (60x40 pixels/325000 pixels) and it has hardly any shading in it. And out of all the renders I've contributed just in this Render Contest II thread, I would say that is irrelevant (probably .00007 % or something). LOL haha. Do you like trying to condemn people or something? I'd like to see you start from scratch, and come up with something that's good quality. Everyone takes something from someone, you're using conitec's work to make 3DGS games right, hopefully you don't get arrested you for that one. This is just a forum you might want to remember, I'm not selling these commcercially and even if I took more than 2500 pixels from them, and posted all their wallpaper on this forum, they probably wouldn't care because I'm not selling them. If you expect everyone else to reinvent the wheel, why don't you expect yourselves to? And that suicidal description is the most horrific signature I've seen in my life, and games where apes rape women Ex_Citer? Ummmmm.....anyway

I don't wanna argue so I'm just posting my renders and they'll speak for themselves.

Posted By: Nadester

Re: Render Contest II - 09/06/05 01:38

Level, textures, and render by me, boat by NuclearWinter - and game concept by both of us.

Re: Render Contest II - 09/06/05 01:47

Ok first off, I make levels as a voulunteer meaning I 1) dont model thus dont render and 2)I have never completed a game THUS dont say others is better than mine from what you have seen becayse you have seen NONE of my work in action. I am done arguing with you, if stealing other's work flots your boat, fine by me. I am done.

So lets just get back on topic like others have been trying to do and stop arguing about a stolen face.

Re: Render Contest II - 09/06/05 08:58

I modelled this 3d face in a couple hours for practice. I also reduced the polygons on the face since I'm going to export it to 3DGS.

Credit to Dell for the computer used, to Microsoft for Windows (and Directx) software to run programs, credit to Rite-Aid for the computer mouse, credit to Safeway for food to eat to keep me alive during this creation time, credit to Conitec for letting me put it on the forum, credit to God for life, credit to whoever invented 3 dimensional axes so I could put the spline points for the loft NURBs, credit to light energy and molecules for acting like they do, etc., etc.....;)
    Posted By: EX Citer

Re: Render Contest II - 09/06/05 15:58

I just wanted to mention that the face of one of wings pictures was ripped from a famous video game called Dead or Alive 2 of a girl called Tina Armstrong. Itīs really sad that some people here donīt know the famous games of the video game industry.
    I think I am a fair person. And if that would be my contest I wouldnīt disqualify you - WING - for that even if in the rules is written not to copy each other work (I think copiing from famous 3D games with fantastic graphics is even more worse).

But that is too much: "Thanks Pappenheimer, your game is about 10 times better than what I've seen from Towelie and Ex_Citer put together by the way!" How old are you? I thought you were more intelligent.

And now I donīt mind to add your other nonsense:
    "That's the one I made Towelie and where did you find this? I'm sure they copied it from me actually! But I really don't care about your opinions Towelie and Ex_Citer, its the truth that matters! I rendered that water from a 3d animation program, and drew all the clouds, body and wings freehand with a soft brush and edited the face from an anime picture. " <<<you actually agree that you ripped that picture from somewhere else, but you lament that it isnīt Tina Armstrong and you treat Towelie and me like trash even if we know it actually better as you, and thatīs a fact. May you think YOU are GOD?

"Towelie, that's totally lame! Didn't you understnd what I said: "I MADE THAT PICTURE, I DID NOT COPY IT!" You are just plain wrong and you can't accept it! Where's all your awesome renders anyway, mr. "I know big companies and you don't"????!!!" <<< you said before you ripped it from a anime pic. Are you crazy? We know the company which has the license for that character.

"Towelie:Why would you say you found that picture on a DOA site and then if you right click on it, its linked from the exact same picture on the server I uploaded to on your other post? Does "Dead or Alive" use voicesoffaith.com as their server too? I don't think so. You (and Ex_Citer) sure are quick at criticizing and finding flaws in other people's work too. What about your own? I wouldn't care if you go make websites for your little internet police squad because I don't steal other people's work. I can model and make faces easily anyway! You think that little face would be difficult?! The face actually makes up 0.7% of the picture by the way (60x40 pixels/325000 pixels) and it has hardly any shading in it. And out of all the renders I've contributed just in this Render Contest II thread, I would say that is irrelevant (probably .00007 % or something). LOL haha. Do you like trying to condemn people or something? I'd like to see you start from scratch, and come up with something that's good quality. Everyone takes something from someone, you're using conitec's work to make 3DGS games right, hopefully you don't get arrested you for that one. This is just a forum you might want to remember, I'm not selling these commcercially and even if I took more than 2500 pixels from them, and posted all their wallpaper on this forum, they probably wouldn't care because I'm not selling them. If you expect everyone else to reinvent the wheel, why don't you expect yourselves to? And that suicidal description is the most horrific signature I've seen in my life, and games where apes rape women Ex_Citer? Ummmmm.....anyway" <<< Brain! Use your brain! All these replies and critics on my games you did because I posted that: "Wing, your pic blonde is faked. You ripped the girl Tina from DOA wallpaper." I thought itīs important because it is a render contest and not a copy from other great 3D games contest.

Wing, I realy hope now you get disqualified in that contest because you are realy an unfair person to everyone who joined that contest and espacially to Towelie and me.

Here the picture you have ripped. (just the face???)

The girl is the most important thing on your picture because the picture is called BLONDE! She is centered and dominating the picture.
    Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Render Contest II - 09/06/05 16:48

Quote:

I created everything in that picture except the girl's face, which I did edit anyways. And I got her face from an anime site.

"I created everything in that picture except the girl's face" That's what WING said.

If I had read that carefully, I wouldn't have posted anything. If it was all what you had said, WING, no one should complain.

There is no need to know that it is Tina Armstrong, if one already said that he didn't create it by himself.

All the rest, including my post, should go its way into oblivion.
    Posted By: TheGameMaker

Re: Render Contest II - 09/06/05 17:43

HI what do you think of this?
    TheGameMaker [image]http://www67.gmx.net/de/cgi/thumbnail?CUSTOMERNO=28817335&t=de81279361.1126028416.f623675a&jobid=&nobg=1&folder=%2FMeine+Dokumente%2F&file=incoming%2Ejpg&size=999x668[/image]

Re: Render Contest II - 09/06/05 17:45

http://www67.gmx.net/de/cgi/thumbnail?CU...mp;size=999x668

Re: Render Contest II - 09/06/05 18:50

From proof I have seen on this post and has been shown . I will have to disqualify you Wing. No hard feelings but the pictures are to much alike to be original. I have been to busy to read this thread till now so now I will make my choice on the evidence provided.

Thank you all who has entered!..... Hope to see more.

Light_Mystic.

Re: Render Contest II - 09/06/05 18:59

Re: Render Contest II - 09/06/05 19:23

wow! now that's scary ^^

great job TheGameMaker!

Re: Render Contest II - 09/06/05 19:56

Well sorry to damage your "good profile" on here light_mystic, and since I "copied" this picture:
    here:
    I accept my disqualification, after all, this whole picture IS 3.5% of what I've posted here (328358 pixels /9256867 pixels)! And by the way I don't care about my reputation and especially not about your money! And if you happen to think I just copied the face, that's .02% of what I've posted! hahahah hahahaha! Life is soooo AWESOME!! I love being alive!

Re: Render Contest II - 09/06/05 20:28

Whoo that looks really cool thegamemaker!
    Very scary and somewhat funny at the same time.

Re: Render Contest II - 09/06/05 21:30

Some more of my work .

Posted By: Tozzy

Re: Render Contest II - 09/06/05 21:39

Whoa looks real Shinobi . When I get my Range Rover built, I'll do a high poly render and display it here, hopefully .

Re: Render Contest II - 09/06/05 21:56

Thank you Toz .

Re: Render Contest II - 09/06/05 22:12

I have been saving all of these in seperate folders with your names. So when the time comes I will upload them to a place so everyone can vote on which one is the best. Which will make it fair since it will be that Majority rules.

Re: Render Contest II - 09/06/05 23:06

I think it's only fair that each participant select just one entry as their best one. Not to mention the fact that if somebody has two dozen entries it will get cluttered, and the voters will have to sort through them all.

Re: Render Contest II - 09/07/05 00:07

Quote:

I think it's only fair that each participant select just one entry as their best one. Not to mention the fact that if somebody has two dozen entries it will get cluttered, and the voters will have to sort through them all.

Sorry your right , thats all older projects i made before learning c-script and went into Game design.

No shots by me anymore

Re: Render Contest II - 09/07/05 02:55

Haha no continue posting - I just think when we're ready for the actual judging we should each pick our best one out

Re: Render Contest II - 09/07/05 07:19

But what category does most entries fall under? I mean, is a lasersword fantasy or something?

Re: Render Contest II - 09/07/05 09:05

"I cannot play such Christ stuff[wing gamepak thread]" "Heaven/angels are bizarre and depressing [wing gamepak thread]"
    "could it be that you [WING] think you are God?[in the render contest ii thread]" -Ex_Citer

The fact is that if God really judged according to the laws you put on other people (Matt.7:1-2), YOU or light_mystic(not just some of your work or actions) would be disqualified if .02% of your actions are evil (also I'm just a small part of your lives, you would also have to be applying the same laws to everyone you know). Good thing God's not on anyone's team and judges absolutely perfectly!
    I don't think I'm God, I worship God which is the exact opposite.
    your pornographic games are probably as popular as "first person shooters" and Jesus says "popular stuff is an abomination in God's eyes" but maybe I better not quote the Bible since you openly reject the Son of God anyway.
    Posted By: capanno

Re: Render Contest II - 09/07/05 09:23

Amen!

Re: Render Contest II - 09/07/05 12:25

Quote:

"I cannot play such Christ stuff[wing gamepak thread]" "Heaven/angels are bizarre and depressing [wing gamepak thread]"
    "could it be that you [WING] think you are God?[in the render contest ii thread]" -Ex_Citer

The fact is that if God really judged according to the laws you put on other people (Matt.7:1-2), YOU or light_mystic(not just some of your work or actions) would be disqualified if .02% of your actions are evil (also I'm just a small part of your lives, you would also have to be applying the same laws to everyone you know). Good thing God's not on anyone's team and judges absolutely perfectly!
    I don't think I'm God, I worship God which is the exact opposite.
    your pornographic games are probably as popular as "first person shooters" and Jesus says "popular stuff is an abomination in God's eyes" but maybe I better not quote the Bible since you openly reject the Son of God anyway.

And I am sure God Enjoys one of his followers to use big breasted woman images as his angels? Yes I belive God is Great as well and before you go Judging people on here Wing ..... remember the Bibical advice from the Lord himself Do not Judge or you will be Judged as well. Before you can Judge take the beam out of one's eye before you Judge....... nevertheless are you perfect Wing? I don't think so ...... I don't think you are one to Judge others ... Let's Let God do that ok?

Light_Mystic.

Re: Render Contest II - 09/07/05 12:36

wow, thats a really COOL lightsaber!
    how'd you create it?

RJDL

Re: Render Contest II - 09/07/05 12:41

I made a Tutorial of it , it can be downloaded at www.3d-palyce.com , under free tutorials and then 3ds Max. There you will find that Lightsaber tut i made.

Cris (3d-palace owner) named me Zipman as the Author , i mailt him once to change that but he maybe forgot that.

Re: Render Contest II - 09/07/05 12:50

An early wip of my scary scene

yes, there is blood and there will be dead bodys, too. But you won't see the whole bodies... only parts of them (NO they won't be ripped into pieces )

Re: Render Contest II - 09/07/05 14:20

LOL

Re: Render Contest II - 09/07/05 19:03

@ Bho_Havock looks good so far..
    here is a update of my pic...
    Now c.a.2000 monstres, everyone with 20.000 polys. try to render tihs in GS!!!

Re: Render Contest II - 09/07/05 19:42

alright here's an updated version

still have to add some more signs of a fight, get a better texture for the pillar and finally render the whole scene with hdr

@TheGamemaker: i don't know why, but somehow i liked the other version of your picture more than this one. But maybe it's just me
    oh and btw the nick is BoH_Havoc and not Bho_Havock, but that's not that important

Re: Render Contest II - 09/08/05 10:11

holy **** Boh_Havoc, I want to see more 'o those

Re: Render Contest II - 09/08/05 12:22

Ok sorry.... try to remember your nick in futur....
    TheGameMaker

Re: Render Contest II - 09/08/05 16:54

aaaaaand.... finished

hope you like it

and ,just for fun, an other perspective:

@TheGameMaker: lol, you don't have to apologize ^^

[edit] forgot to mention: I used Cinema 4D for the 3D part and added the "camera-layer" in Fireworks MX

Re: Render Contest II - 09/08/05 17:21

nice scene, specially thos red dot eyes:) now port it over into 3dgs

Re: Render Contest II - 09/08/05 20:57

o.O I'm tramatized for life from that scene...

Re: Render Contest II - 09/09/05 08:35

Quote:

nice scene, specially thos red dot eyes:) now port it over into 3dgs

hm nice idea.
    I think i'll really do that. But i have to remodel everything first as the current polygoncount is around 135000 (i modeled very fast and dirty with a lot of round edges and stuff ^^). Maybe i'll recreate it at the weekend so i have something to test Sylex 3.0 with

Quote:

o.O I'm tramatized for life from that scene...

oh c'mon it isn't that bad ... wait! damn, your right. There's a lot of gore in it and maybe i get disqualified ^^ ah well, who cares. I had fun creating it and that's what counts (at least that's the way i see it )
    => sorry for traumatizing you won't do it again... well, maybe i will, but not on purpose ^^

Re: Render Contest II - 09/09/05 15:30

I finaly got my render finished.
    It's not the best pic around here because it is my first render I made .
    It's fantasy style, here it is:

All made with MAX, textures made in Photoshop by myself, and one texture from noctua-graphics.de (the wings of the dragons).

TITLE: Time of dragons has begun

Re: Render Contest II - 09/14/05 14:36

Gee, what is it quiet here!
    Don't be affraid to tell me that my pic sux.
    I don't mind critics , coz I learn from that.

Re: Render Contest II - 09/14/05 15:22

Well for a little C&C it does not suck and for a first render.... it is not bad at all....I don't think anyone should call anyones work sucky. And yes I did notice it did quiet.... Anyone up for more renders? C'mon now we got to have some talent here....

Good Job on the Render Jostie And Thank you for staying at least on the Theme.

Have a Good one Everyone.

Light_Mystic.
    Posted By: Ithicus

Re: Render Contest II - 09/15/05 00:08

Im working no a resident evil style mansion. I have to say its comign along quite good... Wish I had more time.

McLaren

Re: Render Contest II - 09/15/05 07:32

It has been bit quiet in here. Though all renderings are awesome

( though Jostie: The dragon is bit too solid color :/ )

Re: Render Contest II - 09/15/05 19:37

Awesome work everybody! (Almost) I'm sorry to say I cannot participate (Lifes too busy and I have **** software and no money[poor grammer I know]), but if anybody takes my idea I'll kill them. :| <--That's a straight face. I definatly render my idea for fun in the future. I'm still a newb at modeling and everything else. Good luck to all!! <--That's happy face. A rarity in my lfe (Just kidding).

Re: Render Contest II - 09/19/05 01:03

My latest i was bored

Re: Render Contest II - 09/19/05 11:03

Quote:

My latest i was bored

thats what it look like;) could have little more detail, but a very nice material

Re: Render Contest II - 09/19/05 16:22

yeah, i saw this film

Re: Render Contest II - 09/19/05 18:13

Hi heres a new one by myselfe!
    enjoy!

And this one for "Augenkrebs".
    Its a litle bit abstract

TheGameMaker

Re: Render Contest II - 09/19/05 19:24

looking good
    Add a little more detail to the cannon and a nice texture and it'll kick ass

Did you also create the "eyecancer"-thingy in Cinema 4D? If so, would be cool if you could tell me how you archived this effect (some tips and hints would be enough, i don't wan't/need a tutorial ) (I really like that picture!)

@light_mystic: Is one allowed to participate in more than one category? If so, I think I'll try the CG thing

Re: Render Contest II - 09/21/05 13:55

ooooooops iīve forgoten that there are categorys!!!!
    Sorry!!!!
    Sorry!!!!
    Sorry!!!!
    Sorry!!!!
    Sorry!!!!
    Sorry!!!!
    Sorry!!!!
    Sorry!!!!
    Sorry!!!!
    The "eye cather" was don in Max like everything else.
    Iīve used Meta particles with Toon shaders and Postwork in Photoshop!
    TheGameMaker

Re: Render Contest II - 09/21/05 15:56

two new, also downloadable at my website.

Re: Render Contest II - 09/21/05 15:58

Well done!

Re: Render Contest II - 09/24/05 13:14

looks cool!

Re: Render Contest II - 09/26/05 07:53

a dragon, as you can easily figure - untextured;)

Posted By: Rhuarc

Re: Render Contest II - 09/27/05 06:10

Quote:

a dragon, as you can easily figure - untextured;)

Very nice!

Re: Render Contest II - 09/27/05 15:31

beautiful!
    Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Render Contest II - 09/27/05 15:43

dragon? I think you created another nice bug - a dragon bug

Re: Render Contest II - 09/27/05 21:40

my 3 year old daughter told me "thats no dragon, a dragon dont has those antennas"
    well, i told that there are various dragons, but well, i can at least say "it was my intention to create a friendly dragon":)

Re: Render Contest II - 10/18/05 14:27

My latest meet wonderbot from robots

Posted By: Ambassador

Re: Render Contest II - 10/18/05 14:35

Hey that looks pretty nice Spawny!

I guess I'll post my latest also...

A remake of my old work...

Re: Render Contest II - 10/18/05 20:51

very nice!
    Posted By: Blitzblaster1

Re: Render Contest II - 10/18/05 21:02

Hi !

I have an experimental picture here:

Re: Render Contest II - 10/19/05 07:30

blitzblaster rules!!

Re: Render Contest II - 10/19/05 15:08

hey lol i know your pic donīt know where... i think renderosity am i right?

Re: Render Contest II - 10/19/05 15:10

hmm may i post Digital Airbrush???
    if not: tell me....

MfG

Re: Render Contest II - 10/19/05 16:26

@ TheGameMaker: no this pic can you see at 3D-Ring too :-)

Your Digital Airbrush look good. How long does it take ?

Bye the way.....thanks Ello !
    Posted By: MAKER

Re: Render Contest II - 10/19/05 22:32

This is a rendering from the intro of 'The Unbeatable'.
    --------------
    Das ist ein Rendering aus dem Intro des neuen Game 'The Unbeatable', basiert auf dem alten evtl kennts noch einer Roll-It.

http://bombzone.bo.funpic.de/wallpaper1.jpg

Re: Render Contest II - 10/20/05 08:26

yes ok maybe ive seen it in 3d-ring, my painting ist there too.
    It takes me 5-7 hours... and i used the Freeware Artrage, a real amazing programm,
    If u like it try it here...
    http://www.ambientdesign.com/artrage.html

(3d-ring is a German side? are u german Blitzbalster?)

MfG
    Cheers
    TheGameMaker

Re: Render Contest II - 10/20/05 09:32

I`m a german, yes it is :-). Why do you ask ? And bye the way...look at Loc: under my avatar !

Regards
    Blitzblaster1

Re: Render Contest II - 10/21/05 18:06

okeli, some new from me. i installed cinema again while waiting for my computer exchange:

Posted By: Ambassador

Re: Render Contest II - 10/22/05 19:59

Interesting view in the first picture...

Re: Render Contest II - 10/24/05 13:06

WOW! i really like that first picture. really beautiful!

Re: Render Contest II - 11/02/05 05:53

I will post the voting poll in two weeks..... just have been pretty busy with stuff away from the computer and won't have the time. But please stay tuned and the bidding will start soon! One more thing anyone got paypal? That is how the payment will be sent.

Thank you for your time.

Paul.

Re: Render Contest II - 11/03/05 06:30

@ello: how can you make this stuff? it's awful no, I don't mean the quality, I mean the theme of yers. Good luck and hoping to see more of yers! (and anyone eles too)
    Posted By: Matt_Coles

Re: Render Contest II - 11/04/05 07:52

cool work ello!

Re: Render Contest II - 11/04/05 09:00

A-W-E-S-O-M-E work Ello!

Re: Render Contest II - 11/04/05 16:53

ever wondered, how it looks, if you are ill and standing in your vein?

Posted By: Ithicus

Re: Render Contest II - 11/04/05 23:55

Hmmm...he needs some blood clot surgery! And fast. Nice work.

My dad stinkin wiped his HDD, so the render I spent 8+ hours on was gone. I keep forgetting to back up everything on like 7 computers. (and a few USB sticks, some floppys, and a removeable HDD)

McLaren

Re: Render Contest II - 11/11/05 17:08

Hi together...
    heres a new one by myself....
    enjoy

Posted By: Nicolas_B

Re: Render Contest II - 11/12/05 20:41

wow. thats a cool Space Ship.
    nice Work. which for a program uses you
    Posted By: broozar

Re: Render Contest II - 11/12/05 20:47

nice spaceship, the blue engine looks fake. the earth has no atmosphere, it looks like a painted ball; improve this. moon looks awesome, just as it has to.
    Posted By: Bilbo

Re: Render Contest II - 11/13/05 00:09

spaceship owns...... but maybe use particles for the engine

all i can say :P

edit: yay postcount 1111

Re: Render Contest II - 11/14/05 19:25

I use Max7....
    heres a new one:

p.s. this isnīt the earth

Re: Render Contest II - 11/14/05 20:42

beautiful!
    al those metal things on the spaceship, did you model them by hand or did you use bumpmaps or so?

Re: Render Contest II - 11/14/05 23:33

think all 'o it are hand-made

and congrats! the beam is more better now

Re: Render Contest II - 11/15/05 10:41

nice atmosphere on the mars planet, allthough it's not perfectly round, but it looks good. And the beam is also better than the first, however I should have put a bright beam in the middle, or something to make it brighter, I just got the feeling that it is not entirely fitting with the rest of the realistic screen
    Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: Render Contest II - 11/15/05 10:53

well i liked the first beam more somehow o_O also the first right down planet was better ^^''

Re: Render Contest II - 11/15/05 13:20

I allthough like the first beams more....
    but I think the second Planet looks better.
    It is done with Bumpmaps, a Plugin called "greeble" wich is freeware, and a lot of freehand extrudition.
    cheers
    Posted By: phil3d

Re: Render Contest II - 11/15/05 16:43

greeble sucks

Re: Render Contest II - 11/15/05 16:57

Quote:

It is done with Bumpmaps, a Plugin called "greeble" wich is freeware, and a lot of freehand extrudition.

thanks

Re: Render Contest II - 11/16/05 11:44

i dont think i have to explain the slogan right

my latest

Re: Render Contest II - 11/16/05 11:48

nice, but i think you should vary those cuties a little to each other

is this a job for a spermbank??

Re: Render Contest II - 11/16/05 11:50

brilliant slogan, feel much better now...

Re: Render Contest II - 11/16/05 12:10

i made this illustration for a dutch magazine

simple but yet very effective

the slogan makes everybody feel good

Re: Render Contest II - 11/17/05 17:00

LMAO Realspawn!!!! So you teamed up with dennisb and used his frog from his 'Froggy Boxing' game?!! Looks like you changed the colour of the skin and cut off one if it's legs to form the tail .

Funny work .

Re: Render Contest II - 11/19/05 20:14

Heres some new stuff by me...
    http://www.3d-ring.de/forum.php?topic=75...78f5a7ad168323a

Re: Render Contest II - 11/23/05 14:07

674 polys for the "krabbler"

Re: Render Contest II - 11/23/05 14:49

beautiful, as always!

Re: Render Contest II - 11/28/05 10:59

ah, and because i dont do anything other then cinema4d currently, i have another one to show:

Re: Render Contest II - 11/28/05 11:50

wow! nice sparks and blur ;P

Re: Render Contest II - 12/09/05 13:29

Fantastic work Ello!

Not to be rude, but it's been five months ago now instead of two, hope ur still alive light_mystic? :\

I'm getting fairly curious now who's gonna win!!!
    Posted By: Silent_Assassin

Re: Render Contest II - 12/09/05 13:43

yeah i noticed that this contest has gone on for quite some time now and i also am curious as too see who the winner is

Re: Render Contest II - 12/09/05 15:34

Hello,

No I'm still alive. The screens will be loaded to my server soon and I will let you choose each one. Just been busy with life and I log into these forums now and then.

Besides that if I don't reply again for a day. The snow that we are getting will be 7 to 12 inches so it might knock out the Electic.

Thank you for your time.

Paul.
    Posted By: Nicolas_B

Re: Render Contest II - 12/09/05 20:00

wow. ello. very nice work.
    Beautiful picture.

gg Imp

Re: Render Contest II - 12/10/05 22:39

Good to see ur still alive =)
    You don't have to hurry, just curious if you where still there.
    Take ur time
    Posted By: phil3d

Re: Render Contest II - 12/24/05 12:15

i wanted to make a xmas picture for the family but i didn't had the time to finish it. but it's nice to see what mental ray sss can do

stats: 3dsmax, mental ray + final gather, 3 lights and mental ray sss fast skin shader

Re: Render Contest II - 12/24/05 12:20

Nice!

Re: Render Contest II - 12/24/05 13:47

merry christmas all and a good 2006 for all you creators
    meet the christmas cows

Posted By: Wiz

Re: Render Contest II - 12/25/05 17:41

Nice ones! Great look on that candle, and those two cows really brings the christmas spirit!

Re: Render Contest II - 12/26/05 16:37

beautiful renders

Re: Render Contest II - 01/11/06 09:42

Quote:

Hello,

No I'm still alive. The screens will be loaded to my server soon and I will let you choose each one. Just been busy with life and I log into these forums now and then.

Besides that if I don't reply again for a day. The snow that we are getting will be 7 to 12 inches so it might knock out the Electic.

Thank you for your time.

Paul.

when are we going to judgement day??

Re: Render Contest II - 01/11/06 17:26

lol I know I know... I just been very busy....

In the next day or so you will see all the pictures posted ... I will zip all of them up and upload them to a server so people can download them and view them and then come back on here and check the poll who you think is the best.

-Paul.

Re: Render Contest II - 01/12/06 22:32

Cool, I can't wait

Re: Render Contest II - 01/15/06 20:51

some new, but nothing special:

Re: Render Contest II - 01/15/06 23:21

Good, not being mean but why did you post this? You could have spent the time doing something more worthwhile like a human model.

Remember: Quantity Vs. Quality = Quality Wins Hands Down .

Re: Render Contest II - 01/16/06 13:32

now i'm upset and leaving you for ever^^

ok, doing a human model in an hour, i'm currently involved in a project, so i don't have that much time.
    i don't want to win anything, just show it

Re: Render Contest II - 01/16/06 13:32

aight if we gonna post some more screens, a while ago I finished this one, not totaly awesome but I think it's better than my first one.

Posted By: real_illusion

Re: Render Contest II - 01/16/06 18:57

it's actually not much, but the scene is really great! keep it up

Re: Render Contest II - 01/18/06 06:19

Hello,

People are saying it's about time! If I miss anyone I am sorry please don't hesitate to inform me about it.

http://lddreams.com/Renders.zip

Judging will start one week from now I will setup a poll on whose you like the best.

-Paul.

Re: Render Contest II - 01/18/06 11:38

Cool can't wait to vote
    All those screens are just great, nice job everyone!

Re: Render Contest II - 01/18/06 12:10

i have another i want to show, regardles that the contest entry time is over:

btw, how do you like my new logo?

Re: Render Contest II - 01/18/06 12:14

Hi Light Mystic great to hear that.

But one thing you have to change , Please replace the "Tron vom film" Shot with my remade one , couse that what you have in the zip file is the Original File from the Movie and not my Remade one .

Thx

Re: Render Contest II - 01/18/06 12:28

... ello... i do have to ask you again: did you make this in Cinema 4D?? i'm speechless...

Re: Render Contest II - 01/18/06 12:32

Man thats awesome...

Re: Render Contest II - 01/18/06 12:39

thanks:) yes its cinema (9.5 + AR2.5) and a little postwork in photoshop. btw, look out for the free tree creator abaro at sourceforge. i used it to create most of those plants (.obj-export). you need the free plugin riptide (google for riptide c4d plugin) for importing those mostly too big .obj files. the c4d importer cant handle them and riptide is an obj im and exporter

Re: Render Contest II - 01/18/06 12:41

Quote:

thanks:) yes its cinema (9.5 + AR2.5) and a little postwork in photoshop. btw, look out for the free tree creator abaro at sourceforge. i used it to create most of those plants (.obj-export). you need the free plugin riptide (google for riptide c4d plugin) for importing those mostly too big .obj files. the c4d importer cant handle them and riptide is an obj im and exporter

ok thanks for the tip, i'm-a download it at home. Did you also use some shaders?
    how did you make the "tunnel-effekt"?

Re: Render Contest II - 01/18/06 12:48

what shaders?? all textures are procedural cinema shaders. of course. i only use this. no bitmaps:)
    the tunnel is postwork (radial blur)

Re: Render Contest II - 01/18/06 12:52

Somehow the pic gives me the feeling that it's inside some kind of biosphere, not in an outdoor environment. I guess that is because the sun is not that sharp, like it shines through glass or so... But still it looks very tropical. Awesome !

And your logo... well it's simple and basic, but nice shape
    Posted By: indiGLOW

Re: Render Contest II - 02/09/06 21:12

I made a bit of a boo boo yesterday, which I must hit myself with a big custard pie...

After seeing the awesome work in this thread, especially Ello's latest contributions, I decided to share a screen from a WIP here at indiglow. So off I popped to get my image and return to post it here.... and post I did.... only I posted in the last Render Contest... Thus reviving the old thread... by the time I realised this it was too late.... to compound matters someone replied to my post and I replied to them, so no deleting threads for me....

I feel a little stupid sharing the image again, the egg on my face is still a little icky.

Wish I could be like the snail, and hide in my shell...

It's all Ello's fault for being so darn good

Re: Render Contest II - 02/10/06 07:32

thats funny one

Re: Render Contest II - 02/12/06 18:29

From the final render with a new scene backdrop

Comments, Critz etc All welcome

Re: Render Contest II - 02/12/06 19:19

hehe ;P like the main models, but the grass is pixelated.

Re: Render Contest II - 02/14/06 15:05

yes, the grass is bad!

Re: Render Contest II - 02/14/06 15:10

Don't know if it's just me but the mouth looks kinda 'stuck on'. Looks funny though . Grass is terrible and could use a little rain water!!!!!

Re: Render Contest II - 02/14/06 17:35

I presume you guys are talking about the grass texture on the floor, the one that is not tiled well so over stretched?

Not the actual grass poking up. This ground texture will be fixed as it is indead terrible! lol - Again this is from the early stages of mocking up the scene.

The mouth is actually fully part of the snail mesh and has been made to look cartoon like so that the humour of what they say, and how they say it, can hopefully be conveyed.

Thank you so much for your honest critisism's, much appreciated.

Re: Render Contest II - 02/20/06 19:31

Soooooo... when does the voting start?

Re: Render Contest II - 02/24/06 13:14

my latest i got inspired after seeing this movie the boogyman here he comes

Re: Render Contest II - 02/24/06 14:21

after i posted this pic in the wrong one, i thnk, that iīll post it here too.
    Siegesfeier/victoryparty

u can see it at 3d-ring(www.3d-ring.de) in my gallerie.

cheerz TGM

Re: Render Contest II - 02/24/06 20:45

beatiful Realspawn!

Re: Render Contest II - 02/27/06 18:17

Nice Realspawn but did you use screenmapping for the door at any point because the texture doesn't look right. It seems as though the grain is going right through. Sorry I can't explain properly. Don't know how to say.

Re: Render Contest II - 02/27/06 20:23

ah, i also see what you mean: the 'depth' in the door seems to be a single image, rather than there's really depth. so the grain on the door doesn't go back and forth, over the door, but stays flat.
    in one word: the depth is flat
    i think that's what you mean. if it is'nt, that a crit too

Re: Render Contest II - 02/27/06 20:50

RJDL: You know what? You're absolutely right .

Re: Render Contest II - 02/28/06 03:22

your right i noticed that to late but i am still experimenting with textures any way i found it fitted the scene made it spooky creepy unreal and guess what it worked
    you looked close at the picture and noticed
    © 2024 lite-C Forums