SceneEditor Contest

Posted By: MichaelGale

SceneEditor Contest - 11/16/05 15:17

Hello,

as you perhaps know, I'm developing a great tool, which can create levels. (Walls, lights, physics...)

This tool has two editions, Professional and Personal.

Personal can only do thing, to create dialogues (cameras, events...), and this edition is for free.

But the professional edition can do many more things and is easy to use. You can place walls, lights, entities and physic objects. It's a real level editor. But the pro-edition isn't for free. You've to win it. And this is the thread for this.

The first contest, to win the pro-edition is to tell, what you would do with the SceneEditor, the best idea wins the first price, the SceneEditor Pro. But look at the list:

1. SceneEditor Pro. + unlimited support
2. SceneEditor Pro.

You've time until the 20th, then I start a new contest.
Posted By: Ambassador

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/16/05 15:26

Would be nice to know what the program CAN do... Like can you edit terrain with it or can you edit entities, meshes, or do you just change some properties? A list of features would be nice...

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/16/05 15:34

AS I already said, it's a level editor,
it can add and edit static meshs,
entities, terrain, physics, lights.

Nearly everything WED can do, too.
After you've finished you level, you can save it as WMB or you can build it directly.

Terrain editing isn't in development, but perhaps I will add this in an update, if the main program is finished.

Editing entites isn't in development, too.

But as I said in an other thread, the program is finished next year,I'll give you screenshots as fast as I can, I think next month.
Posted By: Bilbo

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/16/05 16:30

i guess then that it would work well for a well programmed mmo like unreal (but a 3dgs) version to be used as a level create so that people can mod your game =)

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/16/05 20:04

Good idea, but didn't work, you need 3DGS installed, to compile the level. And no one can do something with a wmp file.

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/16/05 20:23

but professional edition comes with a distributable level editor so i guess its possible somehow?
Posted By: Bright

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/16/05 21:44

If I had SceneEditor pro I would empty out those cluttered idea's that are taking up space in my head in it ...

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/17/05 12:42

@ Bilbo: Perhaps it works, but I don't know, I've only Commercial

Two posts, two prices, a few more posts please.

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/17/05 13:11

i only have extra so a editable level create would be great

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/17/05 13:28

Possible,

I can create a special SceneEdiotr version, which you can give with your product. The egine load an empty level and create every object from informations in a xml file.
Posted By: Gafgar

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/17/05 21:14

if it would work good and so on and you been able to create entities with skin maps for ex houses it would be the dream tool for me.. Or maybe just a more flexible version of wed then i would create all houses of my upcoming revolutionizing zombie game ;]
it will have a larger village with houses that needs to be level entities in combination of level blocks and so on.. and have LOD levels of the houses so i should be glade to have that tool if it is easy to use when going in to details on the level and so... ... i will create a whole island an and indoor facility.. and need a good level creating tool... because right now is not the scripting the hard part (almost done).. The hard part is to go in on that details with wed and create interesting and nice looking levels ^^...

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/17/05 23:35

automatic lod creation =) nice idea
Posted By: testDummy

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/18/05 07:47

If I had full access to the revolutionary, productivity-increasing, work flow-enhancing, critically acclaimed, (imaginary) SceneEditor Pro, I would surely use it to complete my recreation of the White House to scale from architectural survey drawings. It is my dream to fulfill every 3DGS game developer's dream of including an authentic White House and an anatomically correct "Dubya" in their products. What world is truly complete without a "Supreme Commander in Chief of the World"? Sure there will be those that glorify my gift by covering the White House walls with bullet holes, blood, and gore, but there may be others that allow you to play as the almighty "Dubya" himself, allowing you to reenact his "special" role in history. As "Dubya's" popularity continues to increase, his appearance in projects my increase. Soon it will be obvious, a project lacking in "Dubya" will not compete with a "Dubya-enabled" project. Hopefully, by playing with, as, against or around "Dubya", all will know the true story that is "Dubya".
Posted By: EX Citer

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/18/05 17:47

I would build cool action secquences like in Dynamite Deka (Dreamcast) or in DieHard (saturn). Such event scenes were the player is running to the next place in the level and something is happening on the way to there and you have to hit the correct button which is flashing up on the screen within two seconds or something otherwise he will run into the trap and loose health or miss a special item. And it´s also useful for me for intros and extros(?) (endsequences).
Posted By: creature

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/19/05 02:07

I would use to create fluid levels in a way that is impossible with WED, this is because I could actually see the level before building it and therefore be able to create a sense of realism that again, would be impossible in WED. This program would allow for rubble to be placed in a more seemingly random fasion and would save countless hours of re-building for me as I have to adjust tiny little things one build at a time. Another bonus would be visualisation, this tool appeals to people who find it difficult to visualize perspeective images into a 3d picture because it erases the need for that skill and allows you to concentrate on what matters, the level itself!

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/19/05 11:21

Very good ideas, I'll develop some of the features, EX Citer said, creating movies with it is a very good idea.

Creature is right with his post, my application save a lot of time.

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/19/05 13:46

Tomorrow, we'll see who the winner of the first contest is. This is the last chance to take part at the easiest contest of all. The next contest isn't as easy as this one is. I think the next one is also a creative contest, something like design perhaps...

Today I started with the code development of the SceneEditor, detailed informationes are avaible at:

Informations
(ever up to date)
Posted By: Gurke

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/19/05 15:33

Hmm.. what I would do with ya program?!? Hmmm... I think I would build the best and highest tower-level *if this is possible* ever seen in a computergame to reach for the stars of the computergaming scene... but then my mighty ai-god would see what I have done (in the first test run of my level) and he would go wild and smash my tower till no stone *argh block^^* is left... and suddenly all my npc`s and the player would talk in different languages.. wait... even every script seems to be in an other programming language "Oh no! What a nightmare!!!!" would I scream! But than I realise that I never will be able to win ya program with a story like this so I go to bed and sleep.

~Gurke ( I know I`m writing only s*** today^^ )

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/19/05 15:52

lol u just rewrote the tower of bable

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/19/05 16:08

Fo real?!?^^ I know I have heard this story somewhere before^^... *k.. enough bad jokes for one day*

~Gurke

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/19/05 16:12

Special Price, for the best non-sense story

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/19/05 16:24

lol its a well know bible story

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/19/05 16:26

WEEEEEEEEEEEH!

~Gurke
Posted By: Carloos

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/19/05 17:16

If I win the Scene editor pro I would try to make again everything I was trying to do in WED but will let my psicanalist go away home.

I would try to work in detailed terrain geometry to be able to get better race tracks for my projects, and improve probably the tracks creation process.

I would drink a complete box of Brahmas ( Brazilian Beer ) in your honour Kohji

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/19/05 17:16

1x SceneEditor Pro to Gurke, congratulations.

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/19/05 17:35

WOHOOOOOOOO!!! HEHE.... and It´S not even the 20th! Thank you so much^^!

~Gurke

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/19/05 21:44

So is there still another copy to give away for second place or is that it?

SceneEditor Contest - The winners! - 11/20/05 11:10

@ creature: It was a special price, both prices from the begin of the contest are avaible.

And if I look at the calender, what do I see? It's the 20th, 12:00 clock,

1. Price to: ExCiter : 1x SceneEditor Pro + Support
2. Price to: Creature : 1x SceneEditor Pro

congratulations, you'll get your copy of the SceneEditor, as soon as it is finished.

---

The second contest starts today and goes until the 6th December.
I call this contest the SceneEditor Logo Contest, you shall design a logo of the SceneEditor. I've already one, but you shall show that you're creative. The logo shall contain something you bring together with the features of the SceneEditor.

1. Price: 1x SceneEditor Pro + Support + Beta Test
2. Price: 1x SceneEditor Pro + Support
3. Price: 1x SceneEditor Pro

Special Price for the best logo, that contains all features of the SceneEditor:
1x SceneEditor Pro + Support

Re: SceneEditor Contest - The winners! - 11/20/05 13:59

Logo one, simple but draws the eyes corporate style, easy to mass produce. Incorporates your company with the geometry and catchphrase.

logo two, there is a low shot of a skyscraper complex inside the box showing a 'level' almost, and again a catchphrase. Once again very simple because you're a company and companies don't do clutter.

Dunno if I can win again haha, but thought id throw these in
Posted By: Silent_Assassin

Re: SceneEditor Contest - The winners! - 11/20/05 14:23

Here we go...

Incorporates most if not all the things you said it can do and a has an amusing and catchy slogan

SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/20/05 15:02

The first one is looking very good, very simple, fits with our company, my favorite.

the second one is looking good, but too much black and white.

the third one is a nice combination of many things, but looks very retro.

But very good things for the first day... We'll see what the next days comes...

And to answer your question creature: What do you want with two versions? You can take part at the contest, but I think I'll give someone else the price if he makes also very good work.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/20/05 20:40

dunno was bored, haha. Doesn't bother me man didnt take more than ten minutes

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/20/05 23:30

mine took me a while cause gettin the transparancy was annoying me if i get time ill put another one together

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/21/05 00:35

Silent, your writing is too odd for a logo as in its hard to read and doesnt draw focus, a solution to this would be a new font, and to 'soak' up colours from the background so the eye is drawn to the text first, just a suggestion

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/21/05 06:20

good thought creature ill make another (hopefully better) one and see what the thoughts are

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/21/05 07:21

Heres another one

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/21/05 08:44

far better, try changing the colour of the scene to believe. Its also less cluttered which is nice. Still the images could 'gel' more, as in flow right now the background and the text are a bit disjointed. Other than that i like it

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/21/05 08:55

I'm sorry to say, that I doesn't like it. It looks very retro, too and doesn't fit with the futureisitc style of the SceneEditor.

Yesterday I've finished the design, I call it "Aero Scene", I'll give you a screenshot or a demo of "Aero Scene". Perhaps you can see what style the SceneEditor has.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/21/05 10:22

Lets see your real logo than Kohji?
Posted By: EX Citer

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/21/05 10:22

Yeah! I have won!!! Ist eine Ewigkeit her, dass ich das letzte mal was gewonnen habe. Ich koennte versuchen noch ein zweites mal zu gewinnen, aber das wäre nicht fair.

On the last Slashscreen the Headline is too difficult to read. By the way some buttons on this keyboard of this school comuter aren´t working.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/21/05 11:00

yeah unfortunalty i didnt know what style the SceneEditor was maybe this AeroScene could give me an idea..

Ive forgot completely about the prizes but this is fun doing this

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/21/05 13:27

You want pictures? You get pictures!

SceneEditor Professional
SceneEditor Personal

Sorry for the grey background, in the program they're black, but these two pictures are thought for my new homepage.

AeroScene

This is the latest picture of AeroScene.

And everything is (as we like it) very simple...

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/21/05 21:04

I feel like you could use a major redesign, on AeroScene and your logo, I feel the effect of the logo you made was missed because of the improper mirror effect, for example this is a proper mirror effect:

notice how the text pans out and gives perspective to the mirror, and how it fades the farther away it gets.

Also your aeroscene buttons and design and too basic to commercially use and something far more stiley/suave would go down better, just suggestions.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/22/05 00:21

Here we go, something not so "retro" this time

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/22/05 00:32

just to clarify, you're designs were never retro I think he was searching for a different word

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/22/05 01:27

oh well anyway that last one i did there i reckon is the best one ive done in a long time
Posted By: Inestical

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/22/05 08:49

I'll post mine today ;P

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/22/05 13:34

Isn't retro the word for this? I'm sorry... but the new one is better looks very "cool"

And creature's one is very good again.

EDIT: I forgot, @ creature: Yes, AeroScene and the logo aren't very professional, I made them by myself and I'm no great artist. The baddest thing at AeroScene are the buttons, I tried to create buttons, which look like the Aero Style, but...

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/22/05 18:24

Mine is worse ever made

EDIT: heres the updated version

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/22/05 18:33

It doesn't look bad, but change the font, please. You've good chances to get a price, but change this font.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/22/05 18:57

ok!

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/22/05 20:12

I'd be happy to work under contract for you, if you want that

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/22/05 21:08

Quote:

I'd be happy to work under contract for you, if you want that

.. I'm maybe happy that I'm tired and sleepy, what do you mean?

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/23/05 02:36

I wasn't referring to you ahah I was suggesting that if he wanted I would design the logos for the sceneeditor professionally under contract

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/23/05 02:47

i was gonna make some more logos but i better let others have a chance instead of me throwing them around everywhere

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/23/05 06:00

I want the prize for worst logo in this thread.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/23/05 06:24

lol testdummy how long did it take you to make that

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/23/05 08:29

I can make the worst one, in MS paint

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/23/05 09:25

are you sure about that inestical

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/23/05 11:28

100% sure
Posted By: Ambassador

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/23/05 11:35

I was bored... lol decided to attend...

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/23/05 11:38

And here's the most worst:

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/23/05 14:32

testDummy has perhaps the most bloodiest logo, but inestical has the most worst logo. It's looking like old times, old text adventures, until now the most worst logo. Perhaps you gain something for that.

Samuel_Anjam's logo has an interesting slogan and a simple font, as I like it, a good one, too. But a few colors wouldn't be bad.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/23/05 15:25

Lol.. I don`t want to join the contest again but I realy wanted to express how hard it is to wait till your great program is finished ^^ ..
So I have done THIS: my picture
Maybe you will find this as amusing as me^^...

~Gurke

P.S.: Ich hoffe, dass ich damit nicht meinen Gewinn riskiere^^

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/23/05 15:29

Nö, gewonnen ist gewonnen. Außerdem finde ich es auch gut.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/23/05 16:07

What did I win? *exhausted*

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/23/05 17:48

Perhaps you gain something, but the contest isn't at his end, wait until the 6th december.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/23/05 19:18

aye

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/23/05 21:01

umm CG all i see is strange text ^_^

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/24/05 00:31

lol maybe you can do the worst logo then Inestical

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/24/05 06:36

well unfornatly i cant do as bad as that Inestical but i did manage to do something crap in mspaint in a couple of minutes

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/24/05 08:33

that's worse than mine but gee.. Hope'll Kohji disagrees with me..

Going maybe to post one good tonight.. hopefully

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/24/05 09:08

well lets see what kohji thinks

not like i care though i did that one in a couple minutes cus i was bored

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/24/05 12:17

I think Silent_Assassin's one is not as bad as inesticals is, because it has colors. And it has a font, not this system font.

btw: Are there also people creating "not the most worst" logo? Else I can tell you who the winners of the main contest are.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/24/05 12:50

Quote:

umm CG all i see is strange text ^_^

I hope you mean me by this.. well it`s a well known problem that some webspaces have problems to show theire pictures here in the forum..

1.try to copy and past the url into the adressbar.

2.make sure you don`t use opera... BigD has already noticed that he can`t see my pictures with opera.. so try to use IE or something like this.

3.You don`t realy have to check this picture! After one day I realy think it`s sooo not funny^^'

~Gurke

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/24/05 13:30

Quote:

btw: Are there also people creating "not the most worst" logo? Else I can tell you who the winners of the main contest are.

Well... to be honest I made the worst logo and not the worst logo that won't win so, it's yer decision

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/24/05 14:43

i might give it a go in a little while i need to reinstall PS first tho =)

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/24/05 15:02

I may give you a little look to the next contest? The next contest starts as I said at the 6th december, where this contest ends. The next contest has something to do with programming and camera movement...

But this is uninteresting at this moment, I want to see more logos, I can choose between. And I didn't saw a combination of all features in a logo until now. Remember, you can gain a special price for this.

Everything I saw until now is good and has good chances to win something.

Do not forget, you can win many things.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/24/05 16:42

could you specify the dimensions you need for this logo? that would make it alot easier for us designers to come up with something you can use.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/24/05 18:50

I don't want to use it for the SceneEditor, I've my own one. It's just a contest, where the best idea wins. You can use any resolution you want.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/24/05 19:37

ok in that case ill get creative =)
Posted By: AndrewSwallow

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/24/05 19:50

This is the best logo!

Andrew
Posted By: RJDL

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/24/05 20:09

WOW!
i get jalous when I see your drawing skills!
you're very talented!

Re: SceneEditor Contest - 11/24/05 20:15

here ya go! i'm abit busy at the moment so its tacky lol could be used as a splash screen? anyway back to texturing my demo level :P

Posted By: lofwyr

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/24/05 22:27

Looks like a cool product

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/24/05 22:43

nicely done lofwyr i like that picture of the earth

ill add some more once other people have put some in

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/25/05 06:33

wow, lowfyr ;p looks awesome, but'd change the color of the grid to green..

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/25/05 06:47

it would look good in either colour

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/25/05 06:48

yeah, but the Green gives more Matrix-type looks ;P

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/25/05 06:52

lol where the hell did matrix come from

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/25/05 06:56

dunno

Ain't green the color of t3h M47R1X? Some how I remember it was green, not red.. tho I have no Idea what is the connection to this.. *sigh*

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/25/05 07:30

yeah the colour of the matrix was green

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/25/05 07:32

yeah..

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/25/05 12:17

Wow, lofwyr's one looks very good, if there comes nothing better then this one, I think that's the first price! Very good work!

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/25/05 13:10

And another on a similar theme

Cheers

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/25/05 13:17

Actualy the version looks better as white, give it more of a silver style.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/25/05 15:42

Both are looking very good, too. Great work.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/25/05 19:55

argh.. but I still have title of the worst one Good ones Lofwyr!

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/25/05 20:50

@ Iofwyr:
your last picture looks really good I think!

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/26/05 01:14

nah i reckon the one before (the globe with the grid lines) is better but nice work there lofwyr im impressed
Posted By: Metal_Thrasher

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/26/05 07:19

here's mine

Posted By: Metal_Thrasher

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/26/05 07:27

here's another

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/26/05 11:44

The first one is looking good, but the second one looks more then lord of the rings then a level editor. But good work, too.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/26/05 13:22

okay heres newest poorey

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/26/05 13:32

lol everyone is trying to do crappy ones now

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/26/05 14:04

that is crappy¿ *cries*

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/26/05 14:08

Well heres yet another one, although i must say that the other one i did was better

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/26/05 14:10

lol yeah but its still better then mine Inestical

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/26/05 15:15

hey, that's half 'o my slogan.. "Pushing it all to its limits" and yer "Push the limits"

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/26/05 15:16

Inestical, it looks really bad. But a good one for the most worst logo.
Silent_Assassin, not too bad, but not good enough, sorry.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/26/05 15:51

ok, I know, that no-one can do worse than me

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/27/05 01:28

ok.. Just testing something green...

and here is another version...

Posted By: Hellcrypt

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/27/05 02:56

Might be just me, but I think you spelled it wrong lol.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/27/05 09:47

Dam! >.<... how did that R come in there O_O.... >.<... ok... i was tiered yesterday... :P... hmm.. and i did not save any earlier version of the image... hmm.. i must make a complete new one... but did any one like the design ore should i try something else?

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/27/05 10:58

The design isn't bad, but you spelled it really wrong...
Posted By: fogman

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/28/05 00:55

I´m bored and sleepless...

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/28/05 05:32

PSP 7 ^^

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/28/05 11:41

Inestical.. i could do worse than you.. its just a matter of whether i could be bothered

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/28/05 11:51

I know you can ;P wel.. I just hope you won't do that

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/28/05 12:03

i dont really care if i win first prize but i would love to at least win 3rd place
Posted By: fogman

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/28/05 13:35

Quote:

PSP 7 ^^

PSP 9...

....and MED

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/28/05 14:49

fogman, your one is looking good, it has a very interesting look. I like it.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/28/05 15:44

3 more

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/28/05 16:13

...with wrong spelling..

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/28/05 16:38

WOW! this are beautiful light effects, but you spelled it wrong: it's "scene editor" isn't it?
but they do look very good

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/28/05 17:28

NAW! >.<... that’s too bad. I have dyslexia... >.<...

@ Kohji :
Is it a possibility to compete in the contest any way? -_- if you not are going to use them like you said... ?... I am sorry I can’t spell o_o...

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/28/05 17:42

Very good work, I like the lightning and the general design. It doesn't matter, that you spelled it wrong. Can you tell me which prgram you've used?

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/28/05 18:06

^^ thanks
i used PSP7... but i should have used Microsoft Word to

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/28/05 18:17

i maid a small add... nothing i thought about that long... but it looks better with a small text under there... but had nothing good to write..

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/28/05 18:26

The same logo, but good slogan.

@the others: 8 days remaining...

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/28/05 19:28

ok, bad image and font :/ well, hope it gets some grades ^^

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/28/05 19:38

Hi Gafgar

Very nice, the blue and red versions are very atmospheric.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/28/05 20:28

@Inestical: Is there text? Ahh, now I see, very

the most worst, indeed... you can make it more worst every time, impressed...

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/28/05 20:35

I take that as an compliment

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/28/05 22:42

lol well done Inestical

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/28/05 23:16

i would like to congratulate inesticle the test.. ok ill leave that one there *private joke* on being the biggest spacker ever lol, congrats on ur worst logo :P now how about trying for the best :P

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/28/05 23:30

lol yeah hes proved that he can do the worst

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/29/05 06:13

Thanks guys.. I can't do any better, because all 'o them are stamped as worst ones..

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/30/05 07:27

you mean you cant do any worse

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/30/05 12:45

:/ not quite..

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/30/05 13:41

Quote:

you mean you cant do any worse

i don’t know how mush joke this is... but any way.. try give some advise instead...

I think that the water thing is not that god because the text is to invisible... it should be easy to read so you easy can remember it ^^

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 11/30/05 20:03

6 days remain and I've allready my favorites, also for the "worst" contest, which seems to have more success then the main contest.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 12/01/05 03:26

lol ill do some more over the next couple of days if i get a chance

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 12/01/05 13:57

I can't expect to give you the prices, but I've already a present for you, because today is my good day, I'll raise the price count from 3 up to ten.

Good luck to all.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 12/01/05 14:37

one of those 'good' ones.. I hope *really*

in three different colors:

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 12/01/05 14:47

They're are looking good, looks like a nexus or something like this. Very good work.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 12/01/05 14:48

*bows* very kind you thanks

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 12/01/05 14:59

and again..

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 12/01/05 16:27

Hmm.. I think that the slogan "Scene Editor" totally disappears in your last entrys Whine.. There is so much in your picture that it let the slogan look unimportant.

~Gurke

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 12/01/05 17:25

oh.. ok ;P tho I made them like that to get i noticed.. fer example, you place thingie like that as banner, it will get at least one click per user.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 12/02/05 07:01

Well i made 3 more and probaby my last enjoy p.s im running out of slogans

The last one isnt really a good one but i did it before i was about to go to bed

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 12/02/05 07:04

PS or PSP9? Looking good, I like the second one

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 12/02/05 08:23

whats psp7/9 ???

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 12/02/05 12:33

Quote:

p.s im running out of slogans

4 days reamin, you don't need more slogans.
To your pictures:
1.) Not bad, but nothing special, no one for a price, sorry.
2.) Interesting look, I like the black and white art, good one. But the border looks not so good.
3.) As you said, no good one.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 12/02/05 18:27

Quote:

whats psp7/9 ???

Paint Shop Pro ;P

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 12/02/05 19:06

@all: This is your last chance, I've wrote down my favorites and I saw that I've 14, but they're only from 6 artists. This mean I need 4 more. Post something good and you'll get your place under the winners. Else I've to take not as good ones as the others and this is harder for my to choose.

YOUR LAST CHANCE!!!

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 12/03/05 02:04

oh nah i used photoshop CS

well they were my last 3, its been fun being able to participate in this contest
Posted By: JAVA

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 12/03/05 05:45

psp=play station portable

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 12/04/05 04:44

lol thats the first thing i thought of when i saw that

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 12/05/05 12:57

Tomorrow is the great day of this contest, finally it comes to its end, but don't worry, the ScneEditor Contest 3 starts when the second one ends.

The third contest, isn't as I said a scripting contest. I thought about this, but I think a second design contest would be better. Here's what you've to do (please don't send any until the second contest ends):
My design theme (AeroScene) wasn't as good as I expected. Now your work is to create AeroScene. Your picture shall contains the same thing you can see on my picture (window + text + buttons). The best theme becomes the new one of the SceneEditor. I'll give you a list of prices tomorrow. Good luck.

btw: What do you think about a developer diary on my homepage? I'll update the diary as often as possible to hold you up to data. What do you think about this?

Re: SceneEditor Contest 2 - 12/06/05 02:21

i would like to point out here that ur not gonna have any customers left if uve already got 12 planned winners (2 from contest 1 and 10 from this) plus contest 3 lol, but i guess seen as ur getting all the GUI done for u its a pretty fair trade

SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/06/05 12:37

Yes, but I'll make not only design contests. In this case the designers had the chance, next time the programmers can win something. And you can take part a second time, to win beta testing accounts and so on.

But today it's the 6th and here are the winners of the contest:

1. : lofwyr
2. : whine
3. : gafgar
4. : DragonXDark
5. : Silent_assassin
6. : creature (because it's his second time, he take part at this contest)
7. : unplaced
8. : unplaced
9. : unplaced
10.: unplaced

as you can see, there are 4 unplaced prices, we make a deal: The first four, they send me a mail get the prices for these places, ok?

worst logo: whine

---

Contest 3 may start now.

---

btw: I'll give you pictures these month, if I've finished the gui until there,

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/06/05 12:44

Yahoo, thanks mate, it was lots of fun!

Cheers.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/06/05 12:46

agree Iofwyr! It was real fun, also I'll take part to the next one

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/06/05 15:03

To quote myself:

The third contest, isn't as I said a scripting contest. I thought about this, but I think a second design contest would be better. Here's what you've to do (please don't send any until the second contest ends):
My design theme (AeroScene) wasn't as good as I expected. Now your work is to create AeroScene. Your picture shall contains the same thing you can see on my picture (window + text + buttons). The best theme becomes the new one of the SceneEditor. I'll give you a list of prices tomorrow. Good luck.

This is what you've to do for this contest. I hope you've the same fun then with the last contest ;-)

---
The prices:

1. : 1x SceneEditor Pro + BETA Testing
2. : 1x SceneEditor Pro + Support
3. : 1x DEE Tool Suite

good luck!

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/06/05 15:53

yay my logo didnt even get placed ^_^ im so proud

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/06/05 18:51

OK, so I'm just after some clarification.

Aero Scene is your initial version of the GUI look and feel for the Scene Editor application?

What components do you want to see in the design? Menus, buttons, tool bar, panels, chek boxes, radios, etc? Or do we just reskin the image you had mentioned

Aero Scene

What logo or other assets are going to go on top of it (so we can match colour or use a compliment)?

Cheers

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/06/05 19:13

Basically you can design what every you want, as long as it's a design for the SceneEditor. On my picture you can see the components I've designed. You can create every component you want, as long as I can see a window, a button and text on the picture you create. Of course you can add checkboxes, toolbars and so on.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/07/05 06:56

hmm i may take part in this if i get a chance im very busy around this time

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/07/05 12:24

Of course you may take part, as everyone else here.

btw: The contest runs until the 1.2.2006, I think that's enought time. And of course there are special prices:

MSPaint Price: Price for the best design made with paint.
Big Price: Price for the biggest design

Good luck!

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/07/05 14:42

\o/ I'm getting the MSPaint, I make always mine in MsPaint!

Tho some in psp..
Posted By: ello

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/07/05 15:20

and after every contest is over kohji is throwing it all together, and the tool is ready.. what was your part? initiating the forummembers to create a scenEditor??

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/07/05 15:24

I never told you the tool is ready, the tool is in a very early phase, I said I'll show you the first pictures soon, not the complete application. As you can read on my homepage the release is somewhere 2006. For my part: I'm scripting, designing and doing everything else to create my SceneEditor.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/07/05 16:08

Although I've lost twice in this thread, as I depart from this thread, I'd still like to take the time to congratulate the winners in the two contests. Congratulations!!! Although you have been awarded prizes that do not exist, I hope that you one day, eventually, sometime in the future, in days, months or years to come, actually receive, and hopefully, enjoy a prize. I consider those that have won the same exact non-existent prize more than once to be especially lucky. May you enjoy your prize twice as much should it ever manifest on this plane of reality. Certainly, as is obvious from this thread, the worth of a contest is not based on the existence or validity of a prize, but rather on the enjoyment had by those that participated.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/07/05 16:21

If you do not trust my scripting skills, then it is not my problem, the winners will receive their prices next year, that's my word. And I try to keep everyone here, ever up to date. The current working step is the camera (90% finished) and the building mode (planting of geometry, entities, physics ...) (40&% finished) There is also a great part of the XMLtoWMP script done, which converts the XML project files to the WED wmp file. If anyone here wishes to see the code, I would show it here for everyone.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/07/05 17:44

@Kohji
I don't consider my trust in your scripting skills to be relevant. I am not questioning your skills, honesty, honor, integrity, word, character, intentions or willingness to meet obligations. The product that you are advertising and awarding to entrants does not yet entirely exist or is incomplete, and can be termed vaporware. Despite your intentions, should you die tomorrow, I doubt that anyone would receive their awarded prizes. This is because, as I've already stated, the prizes do not yet exist.
I would not consider it wise to award something I do not have. You have received a lot of attention, if you do not honor your promises, you may encounter difficulty. You have placed upon yourself the pressure to deliver. This is a cost you have incurred in exchange for attention and promotion. You could have gained attention and promotion without this cost.
I was only trying to make it painfully obvious that, when an entrant is awarded a prize that does not exist, there is no guarantee that the entrant will receive the prize. If the entrants found their participation in a contest to be an enjoyable experience, then maybe, they should not be all that concerned with the prize.
Posted By: light_mystic

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/07/05 17:50

Tusc?

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/07/05 19:49

Hi

I understood the prizes have not yet been created and did consider the contest more a fun thing than a work thing; it did not involve a lot of work. Given the nature of indie projects I do not hold any expectations. If the contest had cost me money or if I had spent days (or even hours) working on it then I might feel different.

Kohji, if for some reason your project doesn't get completed, due to computer problems, health or new endeavors, I would be satisfied if you made the source of the project available to the community in some fashion because it does sound like good work.

I think GS contests could use a little more structure. So the terms and conditions are mandatory to help clear up confusion.

Its fun competing and I hope there are some great (and terrible) entries for the next challenge.

Cheers

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/07/05 20:39

@testdummy: I don't think that I'll die soon. And the possiblity, that this happens is very low.

@light_mystic: TUSC was a fake as I know, the SceneEditor exists.

@lowfyr: It's fun for me to create programs in C++ or C-Script, I do this all my free time. I do everything to finish my products and to give you the best software I can give you. I want to create the game creation as easy as possible for you.

And you're right with every of your points, if the contest would coast you money, many work or something like this would be different.

And another point I forgot in my last point: I told you at the begin of the contest about the progress of the SceneEditor, if everyone read this, he knows about the progress.

To see, that I'm working on the project and to see that I work really hard on this, I give you this Code example . It's very WIP and everything else then finished, but the current version of the XMLtoWMP script.

Kohji

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/08/05 03:56

well this is definatly an interesting conversation

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/08/05 15:51

it would be great, if we could continue the contest.
This conversation isn't very useful. Thanks.
Posted By: Matt_Aufderheide

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/09/05 04:52

wow, this is like TUSC reborn.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/09/05 09:33

lol im gonna have a go at the mspaint one

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/09/05 11:58

then that title is your an mine war..

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/09/05 12:24

@ Silent_Assassin & Whine: Have fun

@ Matt: what have you got for a problem? I don't know much about TUSC, beacuse it was in a time before I was here. The only thing I know, is that it was a fake. And the SceneEditor is no fake. I see no problem, the code is very easy to script, there are much harder things then this.

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/09/05 12:43

lol in the red corner Whine and in the blue corner Silent_Assassin

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/09/05 18:04

Round one... next week.. maybe

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/10/05 01:04

well whine may the better man win *shakes hands

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/10/05 02:13

well heres my first one done in mspaint

Posted By: DarkShadow

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/10/05 09:10

Hello all,

i know the contest is over but i read through this post earlier and for some reason was compelled to put something togethor. I actually ended up putting togethor several things, so here's me entry for WORST logo/splash screen. My next post will contain my serious contributions.

James

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/10/05 09:20

Ok then,

I checked out your M Tec website looking for something to use in the splash i'm about to post but really wasnt impressed with your logo (the site itself looks nice though) No offense, so i designed you a new logo, here it is.

Here is the splash screen for the professional edition

and for the personal edition

Also, i'm sure you noticed that Scene Editor is spelled ScenEditor, no disrespect intended, i tend to let my creations design themselves with me simply a tool so whatever looks best usually stays, but if you actually want to use them for anything i can change it for you if you like. anyway, this really is the first time i've released anything complete on here so feedback is welcome and even encouraged. Thanks guys. Also, i thought about slapping my logo all over this stuff but decided against it, it's free to use so don't even ask, just go ahead and take it if you want it.

James

Re: SceneEditor Contest 3 - 12/10/05 10:55

First to the logo, I'm sorry to say, that I don't like it, it comes close to the first M TEC Development logo 3 or 4 years ago, the logo you can see on our homepage is very new, it's the third one, created a few days ago. We're very happy with our new logo and don't want to change it the next years.

To the splashscreens, I really like the background art, but you can't know, yesterday night, I was working very hard on the SceneEditor (cameras are now finished) and while I was working on the SceneEditor i created a new SceneEditor logo, I think I'll show it soon here together with the first screens of the SceneEditor, perhaps already today. Back to your work, it's really not bad, but the missing e and the wrong logo, I don't know...
By the way, if you want to modify it, I choosed yesterday a slogan for the SceneEditor: "dream your games". Keep your work up, it's really good.

SceneEditor Video #1 - 12/10/05 14:50

Ok, here's a video, showing the current development progress. The video shows you how to place an geometry object and how you can view it in the flythrough mode.

video

Please notice:
- That ther gui isn't finished
- That this version cannot change the z position of an object
- That this video shows the version 0.05 of the SceneEditor
- That the video shows not the final quality of the SceneEditor

C&C are welcome.
Questions are welcome, too.

Re: SceneEditor Video #1 - 12/10/05 16:16

Kohji,

thanks for the compliments and critiques, and as i stated previously, no disrespect intended by the name change and the logo creation. I really just felt like creating something and had no expectation of winning the contest as i knew it was already over. Anyway, good luck with the Scene Editor, i'm looking forward to checking out the completed program.

James
Posted By: Josh_Arldt

Re: SceneEditor Video #1 - 12/10/05 18:48

@ Kohji nice job so far.

@ DarkShadow I like your logos. Very nice job.

Re: SceneEditor Video #1 - 12/11/05 01:00

umm kohji what codec do i need to watch that video?
Posted By: broozar

Re: SceneEditor Video #1 - 12/11/05 09:35

it´s mpeg, so you need a DVD player.

Re: SceneEditor Video #1 - 12/11/05 13:26

my dvd drive doesnt work unfortunatly :/ not sure whats wrong with it i thnk the laser might be broken. which means that it wasnt recognised during the install so i guess thats why its not showing for me :/

Re: SceneEditor Video #1 - 12/13/05 14:41

To the SceneEditor features:
I'm aiming on a non-interface tool, that means that you'll have no big gui taking all the view, you'll create the level with the keyboard and mouse. Of course there are gui's too, but only as many as required. Unused gui's will disappear. There will be several ways to build and modify, a flythrough, which you already see in the video, a top view and a RTS view. There are several render modes, too. (Shaded, Wireframe, Points) Realtime physics creation, effect emitters, dialog functions. You can change the sky, choose wad files for your wmp file and place the sun. You can set the fog, choos the script for the level, use SceneEditor templates including several useful things. And many more...

Entities
Change skins, attach actions, set materials and shaders, choose skills/flags...

Geometry
Scale, use textures, use shaders and materials...

Effects
Use emitters and place them in the level, create the effects and view the results in realtime in your level. Imagine, that you create scenes, in which an actor is running through a room, and behind him is everything exploding. And you can see the results, while you're creating them.

Physics
What is better then realtime physics editing? Nothing! There are no limits with the SceneEditor. Ok, perhaps your hardware.

To the Contest:
The contest is still running, please take part.

To the future:
Current Version: 0.1
Release of the next video: this month
Release of the first public beta: unknown
Release of the SceneEditor: 2006

Re: SceneEditor Video #1 - 12/14/05 07:51

hey kohji you never mentioned anything bout that aeroscene thing i did on page 19 i think it was...

Re: SceneEditor Video #1 - 12/14/05 12:34

Ahh, I'm very sorry, how could this happen? (question to me)
Ok, here's my meaning:
looking good for mspaint, but I think the font is much too big. I hope to see more styles to give you a better meaning, but if you aimed again on the worst logo, this is the right way.

Re: SceneEditor Video #1 - 12/14/05 16:11

Quote:

but if you aimed again on the worst logo, this is the right way.

isnt that abit harsh... its basic meaning is that it was the worst logo of all of the ones submitted

Re: SceneEditor Video #1 - 12/14/05 16:17

logo? It's in the moment the only design posted here, and as I tried to say, I've to see different ones from differnt designers to give a good comment.

Re: SceneEditor Video #1 - 12/15/05 02:54

well actually i wasnt aiming to make the worst design but if i get time ill prob make one more and i dont really care about any crits you might have it only helps me to improve

Re: SceneEditor Video #1 - 12/16/05 16:51

Ok, hope to see the next one

---
To the current development progress:
+ Geometry
# Place (x,y,z)
# scale (x,y,z)
# texture

+physics
# place

---

I think the program is done around 3.06. Next video will come soon.
Posted By: dead_poet

Re: SceneEditor Video #1 - 12/16/05 16:56

whohooo, if you ever keep what you promise and finish the program i'll buy 10 licenses just to repay you for the laughs you caused for me...
thanks man, great, keep it up...

(how about first developing the program and then giving away free copies or about first developing the program and then at the end looking for a logo?)

Re: SceneEditor Video #1 - 12/17/05 12:04

im sure he will stick with this ...... he better :P

SceneEditor Contest End - 12/21/05 13:20

I'll close this contest now, not because I stop the project, it's because no one is taking part anymore.

The SceneEditor itself is grwoing very fast and very good. Soon the offical homepage www.scene-editor.com will be online and then you can find there screens, infos and videos.

Kohji

Re: SceneEditor Contest End - 12/23/05 02:34

does that mean i win
Posted By: Kerkelenz

Re: SceneEditor Contest End - 12/23/05 11:43

When will the homepage be on-line?

Re: SceneEditor Contest End - 12/23/05 12:04

@ Silent_Assassin: You'll get your prices of course.
@ QA_Sylver: I think around the next week.

Re: SceneEditor Contest End - 12/23/05 12:42

okay, I'll make one too, so I'll get your first prize xD

Re: SceneEditor Contest End - 12/23/05 14:37

lol no you wont contest has already closed lol

Re: SceneEditor Contest End - 12/23/05 14:48

indeed, read my post on page 21 and the headline "SceneEditor Contest End". Perhaps I'll make a contest on my page after the presentation here in the forum. But this is just an idea, this contest has closed.

Re: SceneEditor Contest End - 12/23/05 20:18

Yeah, I know that ;P Just messing around..

WEll.. Good luck on yer project, finish it quickly (not too) so I can get my prize

Re: SceneEditor Contest End - 12/24/05 05:10

yes good luck on your project Kohji unfortuantly i am going away for the holidays so when i get back i hope to see some progress

Re: SceneEditor Contest End - 12/28/05 18:40

Thanks,
and sorry for the late answer, but I had to do. Now I take a moment, to let everyone know that the SceneEditor homepage is online now (http://www.scene-editor.com) and is waiting with a surprise (a little plugin from an old friend)...

Sorry for this off-topic post, it will be the last one in this post.

Re: SceneEditor Contest End - 01/03/06 10:29

nice work on the website there Kohji
Posted By: Matt_Coles

Re: SceneEditor Contest End - 01/07/06 02:24

Looking forward to it
© 2024 lite-C Forums