Bump_Mapping

Posted By: GS_Raphael

Bump_Mapping - 12/02/06 15:57

at first i have to say sorry for me spamming this forum with my thousands of problems relating to a6 (i was working with a5 all the time - mybe im a little bit conversative)

my problem is that im not a programmer and that im not going to learn c-script as well (because modelling and texturing levels and objects needs a lot of time!!) but i want to know how i could paint bumpmaps and apply them to my models. yes. i know how to apply simple materials (now ) and know how to paint greyscale relief maps - im no rookie in grafical topics but i want to know how this effects work in a6 and what type of effects i am able to use with my (old) ti 4200 . i tried several codes from acknex unlimited but everyone caused several blablaing-errors when starting a6 ... so it would be very nice if someone would help (and maybe send me a working code).

Re: Bump_Mapping - 12/02/06 21:49

i would also like to kn ow how to apply specular maps (greyscale images that control the power of the specular-effect per pixel) if this is possible with ti4200
Posted By: EX Citer

Re: Bump_Mapping - 12/03/06 17:41

Hey, sorry I didnīt replied your PM yet. But I am busy as hell.

I never used templates. I am not sure if itīs easiely possible to use bumpmapping with them.

I must say I am impressed about the noob questions, because of the awesome work I have seen from you. I hope you take my stupid comment like a MAN!

Check the web about your graphic card if it supports pixelshader 2 and vertexshader 2 (ps 2, vs2). Most working normalmapping shaders with specularity use this level as far as I know.

Check your shader how he reads the Bitmaps. Skin1 Colormap, Skin2 Normalmap(or Greyscalemap) alpha channel of skin 1 (or maybe 2(?)) specularity.

Personal I hate shaders because they can make some crazy problems, like you game doesnīt start anymore on not so new pcs even if the shaders are totally turned off (I am not 100% sure if itīs because of the shaders, but after I implemented the shaders I got post that it doesnīt work anymore on some computers).

Actually it is very simple applying shaders. Just in combination with templates it could be a problem. Frank_G and me did some tests where the bumpmapping(?) shader didnīt worked with the templates. Donīt know why.

You can apply shaders in MED as far as I know. I woud set up a test level, run it and watch it.

Re: Bump_Mapping - 12/03/06 19:27

thank you for your reply ex citer - im gonna take this as a REAL man -
but a REAL man isnt interested in anything that doesnt have to do with meat or gore or maybe sex - but sex isnt as essential as meat or gore or the real "battle for metal"

i know about the shaders you can make and apply with med but i want to add a specular-map to the shader that controls the appearance of the specular on the model...

i think im gonna hate shaders to because every not med-maked shader causes a new error when starting the engine
but anyway - this engine will not beat us - our game is going to be great!!!

i have to quit now - i feel like a REAL MAN so im going to eat 200 punds of meat now!!
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Bump_Mapping - 12/04/06 00:11

Quote:

i feel like a REAL MAN so im going to eat 200 punds of meat now!!

You do know that women don't like fat men, right? So unless you're skinny, I wouldn't recommend eating 200 pounds just yet hahahaha,

Cheers
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Bump_Mapping - 12/04/06 02:01

or pre-empt it by putting some excersize into it first, chase down a buffalo, kill it, and then eat it
Posted By: Nowherebrain

Re: Bump_Mapping - 12/04/06 11:22

mmmm buffalo.

Re: Bump_Mapping - 12/04/06 16:17

ok, i designed the full-masculin

MEAT MAPPING shader

it will convert anything into a big bloody peace of flash

in pro version it will add a cleaver too!
Posted By: PrenceOfDarkness

Re: Bump_Mapping - 12/07/06 05:22

well, if he's going to work out after he eats all that meat then he's going to bulk-up, Usually woman like that.

Re: Bump_Mapping - 12/07/06 08:14

not really.

sorry, my wife jumped in when I went to refil my holy grail(coffee cup).

Re: Bump_Mapping - 12/07/06 15:00

yes - i work out - im a real meaty (mighty) man.

ok - back to - could someone help me with adding some bumpmapping to my model?!

Re: Bump_Mapping - 12/07/06 21:21

how could I help you? Drawing the grey scale bump map, converting the grey scale bumpmap to a normal map or adding the nomral map skin to the model file, or adding the shader to the model in the engine?
Posted By: Stansmedia

Re: Bump_Mapping - 12/08/06 11:40

Quote:

You do know that women don't like fat men, right?

Its all personality. If your not a one dimensional foot ball playing jock, then your best alternative is personality and how you make a woman feel. You can be fat, short, stupid, or ugly but you still have a big chance if you've got the balls.

Now, start shoveling that 200 pounds of meat into your face. It'll put hair on your chest and a blood clot the size of a babies fist in your heart.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Bump_Mapping - 12/08/06 11:48

Quote:

You can be fat, short, stupid, or ugly but you still have a big chance if you've got the balls.

A big amen to that, just don't forget there's girls and then there's girls ...

Cheers
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Bump_Mapping - 12/08/06 12:35

But you can also have personality and a trained body. It is really simple: Just go to sport a few times a week.

You will get a few hormones that make you happy, you get a nice body and your brain can relax from the office job in front of the PC.

So I see the "personality only story" often as an excuse. Health needs more than only personality. Health needs some body movement as well.

Re: Bump_Mapping - 12/10/06 11:20

are you guys just picking on him now , I think he needs a hand here?
Posted By: Rhuarc

Re: Bump_Mapping - 12/11/06 04:26

Quote:

Quote:

i feel like a REAL MAN so im going to eat 200 punds of meat now!!

You do know that women don't like fat men, right? So unless you're skinny, I wouldn't recommend eating 200 pounds just yet hahahaha,

Cheers

He did say that meat is more important than sex....

Re: Bump_Mapping - 12/11/06 07:08

My question was serious. I have no time right now, but I want to know what exactly he needs.

Re: Bump_Mapping - 12/11/06 07:16

I think he needs a hand writing a shader with multiple arguments???if that is the way to state it? multiple passes...
1.diffuse
2.bump
3.spec
of course I could be completely wrong(setting the unreliable user standard).
btw, are the scetches on your site done by you? they're quite good, good lines and character.
© 2024 lite-C Forums