23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro

Posted By: BoH_Havoc

23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 01/29/07 22:12

Heya,
I was in need of some post processing shaders for a project of mine...but I "only" have A6 Com. So I played a bit with Sylex 3 an converted a few shaders from ati,ogre,and Garry Newman (thx to PHeMoX) so you can use them with Sylex 3.
Well here they are (not all have pictures...I was too lazy. besides you all know what (for example) a blur shader looks like )

ati_adv_dof.fx

ati_dof.fx

ati_edge.fx

ati_edge2.fx

ati_hdr_b.fx

ati_tone_mapping.fx

bloom.fx

blur.fx

bw.fx

dream.fx

emboss.fx

greyscale.fx

hdr2_b.fx

invert.fx

nightvis.fx

nightvis2.fx

ogre_bloom.fx

ogre_blur.fx

shake.fx //shakes the screen, simulating an earthquake ....or something ^^
sharpen.fx

wavey.fx //animated

XNA_invert.fx

[=DOWNLOAD=]

see readme.txt for more information on how to implement this stuff

[edit] just to let you know: these shaders are by no means perfect! they may be slow and some even have bugs in it (marked with "_b"). I'm a total shader n00b, but I tried my best to convert them...well at least now I know what float4 means and what tex2d does
Posted By: TWO

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 01/29/07 22:30

May I call you god? That´s worth reinstalling A6 =)

Thank you god BohBoh
Posted By: Slin

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 01/29/07 22:46

Wow, very nice contribution.
I´m actually thinking about how to get them into my "Sylex3 Templates" I´ve just constributed... Ah I´ve got an Idea^^

Thank you very much.

Edit: Is the rain_drops.fx the one contributed by XeXes?
Posted By: sheefo

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 01/30/07 09:26

Thanks a lot. Finally, something great for us A6 Com users
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 01/30/07 13:16

And even for Pro too
Thx

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 01/30/07 13:22

@Bloodline: Don't call a stupid newb a god

@Slin: Yes, that's the .fx file from Xexes

@sheefo: Well it really is nothing special. When you look at it, the work involveld in converting these shaders is absolutely minimal, everybody could have done it. But thanks anyways

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 01/30/07 14:58

I´m an absolute shader noob...
Is it possible to change the dof distanz somwhere in the .fx File?
Oh and I sent you a PM.

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 01/30/07 15:46

@Slin: change the values of gTapOffset (ati_dof.fx) or poisson,radiusScale (ati_adv_dof.fx). That should somewhat change it ^^
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 01/31/07 16:53

Awesome contribution BoH_Havoc! I guess there's no need anymore for a 'render_view dll' version of all these shaders then.

Cheers
Posted By: Drew

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/04/07 04:56

wow, this seems great... I'm having a problem though, im getting many errors like:

<SLX3EffectSetPath(21,@4)>
post_shader.wdl 6:0 (): Bad or Missing parameter unknown function

any help would be hugely helpful, thanks!

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/04/07 09:09

These Scripts should help you:
Sylex3 Scripts

btw. if you´ve got the .fx files in a folder, you have to add the folder name to the effekt add path:
SLX3EffectSetPath(21,"Folder/rain_drops.fx");
Posted By: TheTommynator

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/04/07 10:04

thx for this nice contribution

I tried to test the shaders with the techdemo but when I start the level I always get these errors:

Quote:

SLX3EffectSetPath(21,@4)
post_shader.wld 6:0 (): Bad or missing parameter unknown function

SLX3ViewSetPostProcessing(20,0)
post_shader.wld 22:0 (): Bad or missing parameter function

And two more errors like these.

I put the post_shader.wdl in the work-folder together with the techdemo.
And I copied the fx-files to the work-folder too.

What did I do wrong?

Edit: Ok, I fixed these errors.
Now the engine starts normally.
But directly after the engine start I get the error:
Quote:

Crash in SLX3Initialize

What's wrong with this?

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/04/07 13:58

uhoh, i just realized i forgot to include sylex3_csr.wdl (which has all the dllfunctions in it) in the rar .

Please redownload the rar or try Slin's pack (which is better anyway, as you can use a total of 9 shaders at the same time and not only one ).

Sorry for the inconvenience

[edit] more shaders are on their way. Stay tuned

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/04/07 14:17

I already downloaded Slyns pack.
And I also included the sylex3_csr.wdl.

But it alwasy crashes with this error.

Do you have any idea what I did wrong?

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/04/07 14:32

@TheTommynator:
Is the Sylex3.dll in your acknex_plugin Folder?
If so, have you called the SLX3_Init() function with a string as Parameter like this: SLX3_Init("Titel");

@BoH_Havoc:
Where do you find all those shaders? I´ve found just one wich wasn´t one of your 23 PPEs. And hey you´re right, it´s easy to change them to work with Sylex.
And I´m quite sure wich tutorial about PPE you read...

Sorry for my bad English,
Slin

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/04/07 14:41

@Slin:

Ja, ich habe die Sylex3.dll im acknex_plugin Ordner.
Und die Init Funktion rufe ich in der main() vor dem level_load() so auf:
SLX3Initialize(SLX3_RUNMODE_DEBUG,"Testanwendung mit Sylex 3.02");

Die Engine startet normal, aber sobald das eigentlich Fenster erscheint, erhalte ich eben die Fehlermeldung ("Crash in SLX3Initialize").

Sehr seltsam.

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/04/07 15:08

Könntest du möglicherweise dein Level mal irgendwo uploaden oder es mir über ICQ schicken?
Dann könnte ich es einmal ausprobieren. Du bist übrigens offenbar nicht der Einzige bist der dieses Problem hat.

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/04/07 16:25

Ok,

Slin und I found out that the SLX_content folder was missing and was creating these errors.

But I have another question:

First of all 2 Screens:

And no with activated shader:

The shots are from the same camera-position.

But as you can see the view with the activated shader looks as it's zoomed-in.

I can see this with every shader from this pack.

Is there any fix to this?

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/04/07 23:00

this is just a guess, but it could be that you have to change the resolution in sylex...you are running your app in window and the sylex standardt resolution is 1024x768 i think. So my guess is, that you get a 1024x768 resolution when activating the shader and the window mode simply "clips" the rest of the screen.

[edit] alright this isn't the case, is just tried it and it looks fine, even in window mode

Maybe it's because you use a 16:9 resolution (looks the way on your screenshots) instead of 4:3 ?

[edit2]
Quote:

Where do you find all those shaders? I´ve found just one wich wasn´t one of your 23 PPEs.

just google for "post processing","hlsl post processing","cg post processing" etc. . There a lots of shaders out there

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/04/07 23:26

Thanks for the help guys! all working now..looks cool!
Finally a dof effect that isn't slow or pro only!
Posted By: Ichiro

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/05/07 03:45

So, let's say that I ate baby mice for a living and never really became familiar with Sylex. Is it possible to retrofit these for use with plain old 46 Pro?
Posted By: innovater

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/05/07 14:22

@TheTommynator, es liegt wahrscheinlich an einem kleinem Feller:

include <sylex3_csr.wdl>;
include <post_shader.wdl>;

so muss es aussehen und nicht andersrum

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/06/07 04:38

I'd be interested in a pro only version of some of these additional shaders too, I'll post if I succeed, but at the moment I'm very busy. Not too sure if I could retrofit them, but I'll definately try,

Cheers

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/06/07 04:51

if these work for commercial why wouldn't they work with pro?
Or is there more functionality?

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/06/07 05:55

No they will work with pro + sylex, but all these shaders should (as far as I can tell) also be possible to get to work using pro only. Sylex doesn't compile on my pc, I mean publishing seems to fail for some unknown reason. At least that's why I'm interested in a pro only version of these shaders too, there's no extra functionality, still why use something extra if you could do without?

Cheers
Posted By: Nowherebrain

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/06/07 18:46

Thnx, no need to bag on yourself. It is one of the better contributions I've seen, especially for someone who is new to any type of 3D game creation. Even some of the older users re-use a lot of this stuff...it saves much time.
Posted By: Chris3D

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/11/07 14:45

HI!

It would be great, if we combine the sharpen.fx with the dof.fx...does anybody know how we can do that?
This could be an awesome effect, having a sharp focus on the object which are near to the observer and the objects in the distance are blurry...

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/17/07 20:44

HAs anyone worked with adv_dof? I love the effect, but I cant get the clear area to come closer... I want it to sharpen up to 100% up close... I've tried tweaking the 'poisson' numbers , but there are too many sets.

any help would be great!!
thanks

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/18/07 14:58

Drew, I'm sorry but with the current shader this isn't possible. The 2 DoF shaders are just fake DoF shaders (well in it's initial stage they were real dof shaders...). For a real DoF shader you need a depthmap of the scene. When I started converting the shaders I didn't know that and just did my best to archive some kind of DoF. However, I have learnt a lot about shaders in the past few days and I'm already doing a new DoF shader which uses a depthmap and will result in real DoF.
In other news, I finished a thermal, a posterize- and a toonshader. Also HDR is on it's way

posterize (you can change the strenght by altering a var. This results in more or less different colors per surface):

toon:

thermal: i always get a blue screen (no not an error screen ^^) when trying to make a screenshot, dunno why this is happening

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/18/07 23:52

that make sense, thanks. PLEASE share a real DOF shader if ever possible! I've considered switching engines just for the feature...
Posted By: Angwie_Tea

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/19/07 05:21

thanks..good work

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/20/07 14:29

Drew: No, i will keep it for myself. Maybe monopolize it and then conquer the world somehow.

No seriously, as soon as it's finished i will share it with the community. There's no use in keeping it for myself ^^
However, first i need this thread answered. Otherwise i can't get DoF to work. Also HDR itself is finished and all the shaders work as they should, but without the ability to realter an altered image the HDR effect is not possible :| (well ok the effect itself is, but it looks **** as i can't use a blur filter)

Well I'll search the interwebz again, maybe i find the solution somewhere out there
Posted By: Chris3D

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/20/07 14:57

Maybe the dof.fx by ChrisB can help you to solve the problem... he made a dof effect with the "render to texture" function of the pro version, we could do the "render to texture" with sylex3, so I think its possible for the com user, too.
Here is the link with the demo:
demo dof
Greetings, Chris
Posted By: silencer

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/27/07 08:06

I keep getting SLX3...blah blah not found in DLL?

Is this a path error????
Posted By: Stansmedia

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/27/07 18:15

havoc... you are THE MAN.

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 02/28/07 20:20

silencer: make sure you copied the sylex.dll to your acknex_plugins folder. If that doesn't work, also copy it to your game-root folder. Also make sure you included sylex3_csr.wdl at the very beginning of your script (i.e. include it before all other includes) and copied the SLX3Content folder to your game-root folder.
Posted By: silencer

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 03/01/07 00:07

Thanks for the help BoH, but I don't think it's working. I've included sylex.dll just about eveywhere you can include it and it just doesn't seem to see it. I figured out that sylex3_csr.wdl had to be at the beginning.

Do you know of a simple bloom shader for Commercial users?
Posted By: ISG

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 03/09/07 04:26

Or maybe make a folder with a sample level like your screenshots with it all already working and all we have to do is switch out the fx file in the WDL. I did everything your ReadMe and your posts have said and my computer is still giving me errors and not showing anything. I know my card isn't the problem either...so maybe I missed something again and again.

If you could upload a working sample level though that may be more helpful
Posted By: Matt_Coles

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 03/09/07 05:32

hey BoH,

how's the real depth of field shader going? I'd be most interested in having this shader.

Matt

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 03/09/07 15:08

I already created a level including all the Shaders: http://files.filefront.com/Sylex_PPE_Level/;6654311;;/fileinfo.html

Move with wasd, turn cbabe around with your mouse. If you want to change the cameraposition hold e pressed and move your mouse.

To activate the Postprocessing, press f1 for downsample and than any key from f2 to f12, from 1 to 0 and from z(y) to p. You can combine up to three sometimes even more but if you activate to much you have to restart the level. If you want to reset the postprocessing press r.

Many of the shaders are buggy or they are looking very similar.
You´ll find a picture for each effect here: http://gallery.filefront.com/SilentSoftMaste//431640/

I really like the combination of f1-f3-f2...

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 03/09/07 18:37

I haven't done anything in the last week as i'm moving into a new flat and have to do some other things (like getting the kitchen ready ... AND WAITING FOR MY PROVIDER TO ACTIVATE MY DSL LINE! ^^ (i'm at a friend atm) ).

Sry for keeping you guys waiting

[edit] i can upload a testlevel if it's still needed.

[edit2] Slin; I played around a bit with your updated sylex3 templates a few days ago. For some reason i get only like ~45fps when using the ppes. When using them with my own code, i get ~80frames I don't know why this is happening Is this also the case on your end or did i do something wrong?
Posted By: Locutus_of_Borg

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 03/13/07 17:42

I'm having a serious problem.

My game looks like this in normal/non-shader mode:

But as soon as I activate the shader on alt, it looks like this:

no matter what fx-file, it's all the same.
Did I do something wrong?

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 03/13/07 19:24

Which scripts are you using?
Looks like Downsample, but I don´t know...

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 03/14/07 18:21

The second view's parameters are not set correctly and thus makes your particle effects show up on a different location. If you post your script I could look into it, it has nothing to do with the fx files though,

(e.a. camera.clip_near should not be 0 or negative, that sometimes causes this too)

Cheers
Posted By: Locutus_of_Borg

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 03/14/07 22:09

well I tried the original Sylex 3 wdl file and now it's working.

Thanks anyway!
Posted By: JetpackMonkey

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 04/06/07 13:31

Slin posted a question about controlling the depth scaling to control how the DOF works in relation to the camera.

I have a similar quesiton about the bloom.fx, seems like my player character is blurred out a bit, I would really like the bloom effect to work, but at a further distance from my player/camera. Is there a way?

Tank u!

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 04/07/07 08:44

To illustrate the problem, here's a screenshot of my game running with the bloom shader going... notice how she's just kinda fuzzy:

Any ideas wot is going on?

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 04/07/07 11:14

The blur is usually part of the shader, but it's possible to tone it down, could you post the shader code inside the FX file? I might be able to help you out,

Cheers

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 04/07/07 12:32

Sure, thanks PheMox!

Code:

texture postTex1;

sampler postTex = sampler_state
{
texture = (postTex1);
MinFilter = linear;
MagFilter = linear;
MipFilter = linear;
AddressU = Clamp;
AddressV = Clamp;
};

float4 MyShader( float2 Tex : TEXCOORD0 ) : COLOR0 {
float4 Color;
Color = tex2D( postTex, Tex.xy);
Color += tex2D( postTex, Tex.xy+0.001);
Color += tex2D( postTex, Tex.xy+0.003);
Color += tex2D( postTex, Tex.xy+0.005);
Color = Color / 3.5;
return Color;
}

technique PostProcess {
pass p1 {
VertexShader = null;
PixelShader = compile ps_2_0 MyShader();
}
}

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 04/07/07 12:50

Color = Color / 3.5;

If I understand it right, this blurs the screen and makes everything a bit brighter. if you just want to have the hole screen brighter, it should be enough to have it like this:

Color = tex2D( postTex, Tex.xy)*1.2; //1.2 is the faktor for brightening

Slin

PS: I don´t think that this is a real bloom effekt... Why not use the Sylex Bloom?

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 04/07/07 13:59

Quote:

// the entire screen get's rendered at it's normal position once
// the entire screen get's rendered again, but this time it's moved a little bit,
which causes a blur if done 2 or 3 or more times.

Color = Color / 3.5; // as you can count, the entire screen get's rendered 4 times,
if you divide it to 4, colors will be normal. However if you divide it through less than 4,
the multiplication of colors will be visible. Which causes the "some sort of bloom" effect.

If you don't want a blur at all, do as Slin suggests. However because you may want a tiny blur for a more 'bloom-like' result and because it gives a nice 'anti-aliasing' too, you could play with the values 0.001 , 0.003 and 0.005.

Code:

texture postTex1;

{
texture = (postTex1);
MinFilter = linear;
MagFilter = linear;
MipFilter = linear;
AddressU = Clamp;
AddressV = Clamp;
};

float4 Color;Color = tex2D( g_samSrcColor, Tex.xy);
Color += tex2D( g_samSrcColor, Tex.xy+0.001);
Color += tex2D( g_samSrcColor, Tex.xy+0.0011);
Color += tex2D( g_samSrcColor, Tex.xy+0.0012);
Color = Color / 2.5;
return Color;
}

technique PostProcess {
pass p1 {
VertexShader = null;
}
}

This one for example has less blur, but higher overexposured 'gloominess'. The lower the 0.001 to 0.005 values, the less blur, it's the amount the entire screen get's shifted and rendered on top of the other rendered screens.

Cheers
Posted By: Excessus

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 04/07/07 14:24

Code:
texture postTex1;

{
texture = (postTex1);
MinFilter = linear;
MagFilter = linear;
MipFilter = linear;
AddressU = Clamp;
AddressV = Clamp;
};

float4 Color;
Color = Color / 3.5;
return Color;
}

technique PostProcess {
pass p1 {
VertexShader = null;
}
}

To put it simple: that is not a bloom shader.

A bloom shader should filter out the bright parts of the image, blur them and blend them back with the original scene. This just fetches 4 colors: the original pixel, and 3 pixels downright of it (moving away farther for each). Then it averages the color. It's just some weird kind of blur filter..

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 04/07/07 14:36

Be my guest and rewrite it to a real bloom shader if you like, I would be very thankful -> I would learn even more about shaders or i could do some research myself or look at the code of Rhuarc. (I know this isn't a true bloom shader, as I said in my topic where I contributed these shaders, I think I'm referring to Rhuarc's bloom there, but it isn't as fast as this, actually when it comes to speed, that bloom is quite horrible. At my system it went from 400fps to 130-160fps with just the shader active.).

Cheers
Posted By: Excessus

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 04/07/07 14:49

Yes I'll do that after my exams. I already have something lying around. The shader code is complete, but it requires you to render onto a view entity which I couldn't get aligned with the screen correctly.. Maybe I'll try it with a dll that renders it to a screen aligned quad. If you want I can send this to you.

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 04/07/07 15:15

Thanks Phemox & Slin,

Both of those are a lot closer to what I am looking for. Slin, about using the Sylex Bloom-- I'm not sure why, but it just renders a black screen-- maybe I need Pro to use it?

By the way, I;d also really like that ATI tone mapping shader for something else, it's beautiful-- but too dark and saturated for my project.. would you mind helping brighten it up and reducing the saturation?

Code:

texture postTex1;
texture postTex2;

sampler originalImageSampler = sampler_state
{
texture = (postTex1);
MinFilter = linear;
MagFilter = linear;
MipFilter = linear;
AddressU = Clamp;
AddressV = Clamp;
};

sampler blurImageSampler = sampler_state
{
texture = (postTex2);
MinFilter = linear;
MagFilter = linear;
MipFilter = linear;
AddressU = Clamp;
AddressV = Clamp;
};

float4 main(float2 tc: TEXCOORD0) : COLOR{
float fExposureLevel= 3.0f; // FROM 2
float4 original = tex2D(originalImageSampler, tc);
float4 blur = tex2D(blurImageSampler, tc);
float4 color = lerp(original, blur, 0.3f);
tc -= 0.5f; // Put coordsin -1/2 to 1/2 range
// Square of distance from origin (center of screen)
float vignette = 1 -dot(tc, tc);
// Multiply by vignette to the fourth
color = color * vignette*vignette*vignette*vignette;//*vignette;
color *= fExposureLevel; // Apply simple exposure level
return pow(color, 1.95f); // Apply gamma and return FROM 1.95
}

// Just one pass:
technique PostProcess {
pass p1 {
VertexShader = null;
PixelShader = compile ps_2_0 main();
}
}

Thanks again!

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 04/07/07 20:37

For the Sylex Bloom, just call this from a function:

SLX3ViewRegister(20,"camera");//Register Camera

SLX3ViewSetPostProcessingEffect(20,0,SLX3_PPE_4XDOWNSAMPLE);
SLX3ViewSetPostProcessingEffect(20,1,SLX3_PPE_BRIGHTPASS);
SLX3ViewSetPostProcessingEffect(20,2,SLX3_PPE_HBLOOM);
SLX3ViewSetPostProcessingEffect(20,3,SLX3_PPE_VBLOOM);
SLX3ViewSetPostProcessingEffect(20,4,SLX3_PPE_COMBINE);
SLX3ViewSetPostProcessingEffect(20,5,0);
SLX3ViewSetPostProcessing(20,1);//activate Postprocessing for the view with ID 20

SLX3EffectSetValue(SLX3_PPE_HBLOOM,0,2);//2 is the horizontal bloom strenght
SLX3EffectSetValue(SLX3_PPE_VBLOOM,0,2);//2 is the vertical bloom strenght

Slin

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 04/08/07 01:00

hey works great! thanks, Slin!

:D:D:D:D

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 04/08/07 22:58

Quote:

Yes I'll do that after my exams. I already have something lying around. The shader code is complete, but it requires you to render onto a view entity which I couldn't get aligned with the screen correctly.. Maybe I'll try it with a dll that renders it to a screen aligned quad. If you want I can send this to you.

That would be awesome! Please understand that my shader knowledge is quite limited eventhough I have experience with HLSL. The quad aligning might have to do with the x value of the view entity ... I'd definately like to take a look at it if it's possible, thanks in advance.

Cheers

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 04/11/07 11:49

just wanted to tell you guys that my provider finally set up my dsl line.
=> I can finally continue working on that shaders as i needed some ressources from teh_interwebz.
Hope to show you some results soon

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 04/11/07 23:46

Alright here we go:

a REAL Depth of Field shader which uses a depthmap and all that stuff for you guys :

Specials thanks to:
ello: for writing somewhere on the forums how to get the depth of a model through a vertex shader!
xXxGuitar511: for helping me out with my view-dependent-material-change-script-thingy!

Now the bad part: you get the script/shader not before tomorrow...i'm too tired to create a testlevel and write a few notes on how to use this shader. So bare with me a little longer

Goodnight
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 04/11/07 23:59

Looking forward to it
Posted By: not_me

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 04/12/07 00:39

they all worked eventhe ones with the _b after it.. i love it! its cool. but will i be able to have the affect happen automatically. so i dont have to press alt.(shader loads up with the engine)

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 04/12/07 00:40

WOW. I can't wait! Thank you!

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 04/12/07 01:20

Pure awesomeness hehehe, can't wait,

Cheers

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 04/12/07 13:10

get your personal DoF-shader here

http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/sho...;vc=#Post744167

[edit] not_me: simply call Post_Shader(); in your main function and you're set.
Posted By: Ganderoleg

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 03/19/08 22:57

Hello,

I just downloaded 3dgs_post_processing.rar and put it to action. Its great, I really love it

But I have a problem with Sylex3.dll :

Everything is working great when I am in wed-started-application but when I publish my project and start everything with .exe it displays an needs to close message and shuts down

Is this happening because I have commercial A6 edition or is it something else?
Posted By: Mysterious

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 03/25/08 12:24

Hi Ganderoleg

after publish you have to copy the Sylex3.dll and some file that start with d3d9*.dll manually to the published folder.

Mysterious

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 03/25/08 19:35

Also please make sure you did copy the slx3_content folder to your published app's folder.
Posted By: indiGLOW

Re: 23 Post Processing Shaders for A6 Com/Pro - 03/25/08 21:26

First, awesome work guys. I purchased Sphere2, which I am sure if great, but I have never managed to hack it out of the sphere demo and into anything I am working on... the contribution has helped a great deal. Thanks to everyone and especially BoH_Havoc, much appreciated.
© 2024 lite-C Forums