fisheye camera

Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

fisheye camera - 08/07/07 15:11

i'm looking for a fisheye camera shader, does anyone have one?
Posted By: fogman

Re: fisheye camera - 08/07/07 15:16

Maybe itīs sufficient for your project to set the camera.arc to 120 or higher. Then you wonīt need any shader.
Posted By: Excessus

Re: fisheye camera - 08/07/07 15:23

I don't think the arc will create a real fisheye effect. You could do this in a shader, but maybe if you render the view.bmap onto one side of a spherical view-entity, you will get a nice effect too.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: fisheye camera - 08/07/07 19:40

ichiro made a ripple effect shader that if modified could look a lot like a fisheye camera probably

Re: fisheye camera - 08/07/07 19:41

problem, i don't have pro, and camera arc messes up my hud because it's made of mostly entities

edit: lostclimate, as long as it doesn't require sylex 3 i could use it, where can i find it?

Re: fisheye camera - 08/08/07 00:14

it requires render to texture, and the only way to do it without pro or sylex is to use matts rtt plugin which will mess with your gui.
Posted By: ello

Re: fisheye camera - 08/08/07 07:56

you can do it without shaders (create a sphere model and project the camera to its texture)

or take a look here: http://www.earthcontrol.de/main.php?loc=...p;aktion=listit

scroll to the bottom and download ucfx.zip
(check the readme file for more info)

hope it helps you (btw, the shaders need to be updated to current specifications, as it is old dx8, i guess i'll do it these days)

edit: i updated the shaders so they work with the current 3dgs versions (pressing "q" toggles the noshader version)

Re: fisheye camera - 08/08/07 16:07

but this requires render to texture correct?

Re: fisheye camera - 08/08/07 18:36

of course, sorry, i didnt read your post concerning the version number. maybe you can use the render dll from matt_aufderheide
Posted By: frazzle

Re: fisheye camera - 08/08/07 18:44

Upgrading to A7 Commercial is an option as well when you require render to texture
It costs money but it has got results without the use of a dll.

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: fisheye camera - 08/09/07 02:38

Frazzle, i like that post problem though, 1. finances, preva's not done yet 2. PreVa would have to be completely reworked... i'm not gonna pull a duke forever

ello, i might try that, i haven't found how to use it completely, but i will try

Re: fisheye camera - 08/23/07 15:24

well, ello i tried using the render dll, but i get nothing, here's the starter function i use for it, but i don't know which model i should be rendering to, so i set it to ucfx_mdl:

Code:

starter render_camera
{
me = ucfx_mdl;
while (1)
{
render_backbuffer(me);
wait(1);
}
}

Re: fisheye camera - 08/23/07 17:06

yeah, and from thier you would take a view entity sprite/sqaure model and set its skin to the same skin as your ucfx mdl.

Re: fisheye camera - 08/23/07 18:36

..............and how would i do that
Posted By: EX Citer

Re: fisheye camera - 08/23/07 19:52

Canīt you simply make a screenshot and put it on a ball with atlas mapping and a extern skin? The screenshot gets the same name as the skin.

Then you zoom into the ball so that it is covering the complete screen. You just wonīt get a high framerate.

Re: fisheye camera - 08/24/07 17:42

that would work, or you could do it with a plane with an imprint inwards on it in a circular pattern
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: fisheye camera - 08/24/07 18:06

...Even better, avoid all of the external model crap, and use a little bit of math to scale your texture lookup.

Not exactly sure what this would look like, I don't have the time to figure it out...

Re: fisheye camera - 08/24/07 21:00

btw, anyone knows why it is not possible anymore (with a7) to render the camera to a texture? everything turns black in that case. using an extra view works...

Re: fisheye camera - 08/24/07 21:01

yep, i would do that if i wanted ~2 fps that would kill any pc, ah well i guess the fisheye cam isn't an easy shader for anyone here...sry for asking
Posted By: Ichiro

Re: fisheye camera - 08/25/07 06:40

This doesn't help Manslayer101 (as it requires render-to-texture), but as LC said, there is a nice fisheye base here:

http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/sho...true#Post716744

I figured I'd post it on the off chance that it helped anyone at all, ever, any at time. :)

Re: fisheye camera - 08/25/07 17:53

it's nice anyway ichiro, i've noticed though with my experience with the render_view dll, that it is extremely slow, because it even has low framerate on a new video card, and what i mean by that is a Radeon 9500 (my friend's) and a GeForce 7800 GTOC (mine) meaning that it is a bit slow, considering on both they still get about 20-30 fps...
© 2024 lite-C Forums