lava flow

Posted By: Whisper

lava flow - 01/22/04 08:59

been working on a lava flow using ati effect, here a screen shot, i'll release the shader code shortly, mad r0, r1, c16, r0 //adjusted the freq for higher output, still adjusting everything,

Posted By: Marco_Grubert

Re: lava flow - 01/22/04 10:21

Hard to see what's going on there without a movie. So what does the shader do ?
Posted By: EX Citer

Re: lava flow - 01/22/04 15:36

looks like lack, wine or blood...
Posted By: sonic2nd

Re: lava flow - 01/27/04 07:43

looks like low resolution tar tar source. Then it got rock hard.
=============
When I look at it clearly, it looks more like my carpet.

Re: lava flow - 01/27/04 11:00

instead of making fun of one screen shots,and textures.maybe you should ask your self does your carpet need cleaning.at least i'm working on shaders, etc,for a long time people have been wanting to create real looking ocean wave's,and now i can do that, i'm just testing it out with my ugly textures..if you don't like my texture's,i don't really care.because the surf's up.

Posted By: Drew

Re: lava flow - 01/27/04 11:53

well, I say HUGE thanks to anyone who contributes anything, especially shaders!!!

cool, waves.. Are they reactive to the player? either way thats cool...

Re: lava flow - 01/27/04 12:11

thanks drew

they will be thanks to some code from george our man from Aum, , a person can learn alot by reading Aum mag.as player steps it creates a depression in the hmp, or model cause a physial reaction .its the forward movement, or direction that he steps thats causing me a few headaches
right now.

regards
whisper

Re: lava flow - 01/27/04 12:35

nice.

you can do it!!
Posted By: sonic2nd

Re: lava flow - 01/28/04 02:06

Wow, I'M OFFICIALLY A JUNIOR MEMBER AS OF TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111one

Anyway, if you are using the textures provided in 3d gamestudio... thats not what I recommend. Go to mayang.com and you'll find textures even more high resolution that your monitor's max resolution settings.
Posted By: RAFU

Re: lava flow - 01/28/04 03:38

There are processes you must go thru.. first you worry about getting it to run.. then you worry about the texture!
Posted By: ello

Re: lava flow - 01/28/04 04:31

yes, even the lousiest texture looks great with the right shader. textures is one part of the job. shaders another. however using the right texture will be better in every case. ps: i'd like to see it in motion.

Re: lava flow - 01/29/04 13:23

here a small frags movie,
lavaflow

limited to size on host right now, and its not the best for showing the effect.set your player to do a loop.
Posted By: XNASorcerer

Re: lava flow - 01/29/04 14:16

Which codec are you using?

Re: lava flow - 01/29/04 14:24

codec player from ATI, for avi files

Posted By: XNASorcerer

Re: lava flow - 01/29/04 15:56

You must be using another one, because I've installed that codec but I still can not see your vídeo.

Re: lava flow - 01/29/04 23:06

its from ati, it came with my software package that was with my 9800 pro raidon video card.

Re: lava flow - 01/30/04 05:11

I cant see it either...I also have the ATI setup...
Can you make it a standard mpeg or avi? I really want to see it!! Thanks

Posted By: xck3001

Re: lava flow - 01/30/04 07:17

I can view it... Try to install some Codec Packs and DivX if you haven't...
© 2024 lite-C Forums