yet another Looking for shader topic

Posted By: Nowherebrain

yet another Looking for shader topic - 09/16/09 13:45

I'm looking for a normal mapping shader(big deal), but with PPL and alpha testing...I don't care if it only supports 2 lights...any tips?

Re: yet another Looking for shader topic - 09/17/09 02:03

I don't really need the alpha testing...but PPL is a must.
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: yet another Looking for shader topic - 09/17/09 07:34

You don't like the ones on the wiki?

Jibb
Posted By: Slin

Re: yet another Looking for shader topic - 09/17/09 09:44

You are talking about per pixel lighting, right?
There is no way to do normalmapping without per pixel lighting as that is all normalmapping is about...

Re: yet another Looking for shader topic - 09/17/09 14:00

That was my assumption, but they don't seem to react to the map lighting...I have not tinkered anymore since this post....I may have gotten confused(vec light...versus ambient light)...I will play with "killing" the ambient light and see.

Re: yet another Looking for shader topic - 09/17/09 15:45

well, the normal map shader I am currently using must be taking a shortcut somewhere, while it does take into account local lights placed by script...or hand..it does not care about camera.ambient or vec_Sun_xxx(meaning sunlight in general)...I will visit the wiki and check one out there...I'm possibly using a rather old one....I've had it forever...before asm even...(joking).

Re: yet another Looking for shader topic - 09/18/09 14:14

Yep, all the shaders have some form or level of ambient somewhere....
I set sun_color.red,green, and blue to 0 and things are still lit(that use a normal mapping shader.
I then adjusted the VIEW*.ambient, in this case the standard "camera.ambient" I set it from 0 through -100 and no change.
the shaders all reacted to point lights though...I will look at shade-c, it is the only one I did not look into...
© 2024 lite-C Forums