Sylex3

Posted By: CodeMaster

Sylex3 - 07/01/12 13:49

i suppose that all the older members remember well sylex3 plugin.
i think sylex3 is my last chance to get some nice results that at least a little looks like on the shade-c, in mu a8 c-script project.

my problem with sylex is transparency on panels is lost. Is there any way to fix this??

Re: Sylex3 - 07/01/12 15:14

i just figure out with moving layers of my panels, then transparency works.
Ok now i have new problems:

1) - this shaders works only with resolution 1024*768 and 1280*1024
2) - antialiasing not work (i do not know did here can help CrisB plugin)
3) - looks like plugin is not stable i have crash sometime. Did anyone have more expirience with sylex?

i know this is not the best solution but in general if there is something better for the c-script. i try almost everythig
Posted By: Rondidon

Re: Sylex3 - 07/01/12 17:13

Try to port your code to Lite-C and forget about Sylex. It`s not that hard and you`ll get a lot of advantages. laugh

Re: Sylex3 - 07/01/12 17:45

always when i ask for something about c-script i got this answer frown
yes youre 100% alright Rondidon but... i hate this answer smile

Re: Sylex3 - 07/01/12 18:05

I once ported my old egoshooter project Adrenaline from C-Script to Lite-C. Many lines of code. But after two days porting and one day tweaking or so I got it working without problems.
Just try it. Lite-C gives you way more possibilities and it`s faster.
Posted By: Slin

Re: Sylex3 - 07/01/12 20:08

You could also just mix Lite-C and C-Script. Synchronizing is a problem, but one that should be solvable somehow, because your Lite-C and your C-Script parts canīt share functions or variables, as far as I remember. Also you will find like no information at all about this anywhere, which means that you have to figure it out yourself. What I can tell you is, that it worked just fine a few years ago because I gave it a try and got it to work.

Re: Sylex3 - 07/01/12 20:23

@Slin
yes i know that is possible mix c-script and lite-c, and there is one example in aum100 but this work only in version under A7.5 i think. in my A8 this simply will not work. did anyone know why??

if someone can help me with this i will be a most happy man in universe laugh

Re: Sylex3 - 07/01/12 23:28

If you don`t have a complex 200k lines project, port it completely to Lite-C. It`s the easiest and cleanest way in my opinion.

German -> http://www.conitec.net/manual_d/litec_migration.htm
English -> http://manual.conitec.net/litec_migration.htm

Re: Sylex3 - 07/05/12 17:52

hi Rondidion,
i already try convert my code into lite c, but unfortunately without success. my code is to big, more of 2500k, and to complex.
my c-script code simply can not work on this way in lc. only way is start from begining write my finshed project into lc or simply try mix lc shaders with cscript.
i need only some good looking shader for c-script

i trying mix lc and c-script but now in a8 when i inport some c script into my project, engine crash. it was worked in A7 and i wonder why it does not work in A8?
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: Sylex3 - 07/05/12 18:33

i think because in A8 there is no further support of c-script anymore
i can't get c-script running with a8 pro, so i think the engine support of c-script stopped
also the exectute-function is missing (which used the c-script interpreter)
Posted By: Spirit

Re: Sylex3 - 07/06/12 11:52

No, C-Script works in A8. But not in the free A8 version, you need to buy A8 Extra at least.

Also execute works in A8, but only in C-Script not in lite-C.
© 2024 lite-C Forums