[IDEA]Water shader

Posted By: AceX

[IDEA]Water shader - 08/01/14 09:16

Hey there laugh
Firstly,I'm SkullBoy99 .I lost my account frown
Ok..
This is just an idea!!
When player touch the water,I want water to make some waves at player's position.
How to do this?

We can check the player's position and transfer it to shader for example in vecSkill1 ->player.x,vecSkill2 ->player.y,vecSkill3 ->player.z
We can use <transform> in shader to make some big waves at player's position when is touching the water.
You can take a look at this video
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3RKti466-A[/video]
Again ,is just an idea..and sorry for bad english grin
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: [IDEA]Water shader - 08/01/14 09:38

This looks like they just use a sprite or a decal deforming for this. Try creating a non-autoaligned splash sprite for every footstep you make...

Re: [IDEA]Water shader - 08/01/14 09:42

Yeah,I can do this.
Posted By: FEL

Re: [IDEA]Water shader - 08/04/14 10:33

So is this going well? Cause i really need a shader thaat is not laggy and work with ShadeC frown

Re: [IDEA]Water shader - 08/05/14 15:01

Maybe,I don't know

I think this feature will be present in RAGE...

But now I'm working a bit with 3DRad grin

Awesome graphics in 3DRad
But working on it is stopped frown
Posted By: DLively

Re: [IDEA]Water shader - 08/05/14 16:01

Dont give up!

Keep honing your skills with 3dgs. start small laugh

Re: [IDEA]Water shader - 08/06/14 07:20

Thanks DLively wink
I need to get more experience in 3DGS to start my game project.

Yesterday I get an idea for it:

- If GTA V is placed in Los Santos,from San Andreas but a new version...my game will be placed in Vice City.But with some new places,country,amazing graphics,and high-poly models.Will be a hard job grin.I will don't use VC map exactly as it is.I will be inspired by a part of it.

I'll start small,with a little city.
Posted By: Kartoffel

Re: [IDEA]Water shader - 08/06/14 19:24

No offense, but by just reading this I'm quite sure that this project is doomed to fail from the start. Something this big or complex is WAY to much for a beginner.

I bet you don't even know how all things work, that are happening in the background (again, no offenes...).

Besides that it doesn't look like it's something new or exciting, more like just some cheap clone.

...but that's just my opinion, do whatever you want ;P

Re: [IDEA]Water shader - 08/06/14 22:03

It will fall, the water thing had more chances...

Re: [IDEA]Water shader - 08/07/14 00:40

Quote:
I need to get more experience in 3DGS to start my game project.

This is why I suggest starting something small. Maybe a small boat game? With that, you can migrate your code to another project, and work from there laugh
Posted By: sivan

Re: [IDEA]Water shader - 08/07/14 06:28

that gta water is really cool. but a hard thing.

Re: [IDEA]Water shader - 08/07/14 12:50

Kartoffel,
I don't think I'm a beginner.
I'm working with 3DGS from October 2013.

I'm following DLively suggestion.As I said,My game's city will be like in Vice City,so it's not a clone.

A little city will be enough to test my game.

FEL,How do you know my game project will fail?

I'm not making a game like GTA V...

DLively,that's what I do now.

For example,I'm working on R.A.G.E. to be used in my game.

I like to share my works in forum,to be used in anothers game.

Re: [IDEA]Water shader - 08/07/14 13:27

Quote:
I don't think I'm a beginner.
I'm working with 3DGS from October 2013.

I am sorry to be the one to say so, and You may have some small knowledge, but less than a year is still a beginner.

Originally Posted By: Google
Beginner
noun
a person just starting to learn a skill or take part in an activity.

This is not to discourage you, but once you understand where you stand, its easier to move forwards - And its nothing to be ashamed of.

Quote:
FEL,How do you know my game project will fail?

I dont think that this was meant to discourage you either, but comming from my experienced point of view, your project idea is very large and may require LOTs of time and experience in may areas - or a large team (just as the original creators had) and many indie developers (99/100) run into bugs glitches, and the like from their lack of knowledge in areas unknown to them and become overwhelmed, and put it on the back burner - and even forget about it.

This is why I suggested a small project. Something you can complete will give you enthusiasm going into the next project. Or learn the aspects of everything that go into making something this large in pieces, and then at some later point put them all together, rather than trying to piece it all together at once and find yourself with a messy script, code that doesn't work so well, or code that you've learned shouldn't work a way you put it together and then have to redo it which leads to further glitches or a corrupt project which you don't know what to alter in order to move forward.

Re: [IDEA]Water shader - 08/07/14 13:38

I worked on a little RPG,in C-Script.

I can re-work on it and finish it.

Re: [IDEA]Water shader - 08/07/14 17:03

Thats the spirit laugh

Perhaps you can apply your shaders to your rpg project wink and then re-use them later on.

Although an RPG is a tough project as well laugh

Re: [IDEA]Water shader - 08/08/14 08:08

wink I'm using a template for it.

Ofcourse,I made other scripts for it:
-New HUD
-Added some quests.

Yesterday I got an idea for R.A.G.E.:
-Particle Mesh,I saw that in Unity.

Re: [IDEA]Water shader - 08/23/14 09:46

This is a ocean shader that I found on google.

Ocean Shader

I think it's usable laugh

Re: [IDEA]Water shader - 08/23/14 11:41

So try it out for us :3 its your project.
Posted By: Kartoffel

Re: [IDEA]Water shader - 08/23/14 13:05

@AceX: If I look at what can be done with today's hardware/tools/whatever I honestly have to say that this water doesn't look good or realistic at all, which makes it really not worth the effort.

Besides the post being at least 6 years old, I just can't recommend trying to port or implement random things you find on the internet, especially without understanding them.
It's most likely to fail and even if you succeed these things are often poorly coded and/or slow as hell.

Re: [IDEA]Water shader - 08/23/14 13:09

@Kartoffel,Thanks for your hint grin

@FEL,Idk,We'll see ...
© 2024 lite-C Forums