Some kind of luminosity

Posted By: Otsego

Some kind of luminosity - 03/20/05 05:35

Hello,
does somebody have a luminosity shader (like the effect in the wiki) that works with models? Or can somebody make one please?
I want to have an effect similar to this one:

So, the eyes(or other parts of the body) are still visible though the entity is in complete darkness.
Thanks
Posted By: mk_1

Re: Some kind of luminosity - 03/20/05 08:19

http://www.conitecserver.com/wiki/wikisecure/index.php/LuminosityMapping
Posted By: Steempipe

Re: Some kind of luminosity - 03/20/05 09:51

If you are looking to use the WIKI effect as is for models, make an Action to assign to the entity.

Similar to this:

Action lum_fx
{
my.material = checker1;
}

I have never used that effect, so I cannot give you any other suggestions.
Posted By: ello

Re: Some kind of luminosity - 03/21/05 16:30

or you could use a channel (alpha or r/g/b of another texture) and use the "mul" instruction to let only masked parts be visible

Re: Some kind of luminosity - 03/22/05 08:54

There was an older thread about the luminosity shader of the wiki. If i remember correctly they said that this shader only works on level geometry (and indeed it does for me).

In Antwort auf:

or you could use a channel (alpha or r/g/b of another texture) and use the "mul" instruction to let only masked parts be visible

This sounds interesting. But I don't know that much about shader programming and i dont know how time consuming this would be. But if somebody has the time (and desire ) to make this effect.. this would be great!
Posted By: Steempipe

Re: Some kind of luminosity - 03/22/05 10:12

So... do you get the desired effect when you use it on the Level Geometry??

The reason I ask is that it should be a simple process to alter the code for model use. I may monkey with it this week.

Re: Some kind of luminosity - 03/22/05 12:16

Yes, it works for me with older versions but now it has to be changed to run with Directx 9, i think.
But nervertheless it works pretty well.
Would be very nice if you could do so , but theres no hurry.
Posted By: paulshort

Re: Some kind of luminosity - 03/26/05 16:38

Anybody have plans on converting this to DX9?
© 2024 lite-C Forums