Simple Toon Shader Question

Posted By: SlyBoots

Simple Toon Shader Question - 11/26/05 06:05

I have never had much luck when it comes to shaders and GameStudio, but I figured I would try one of the toon shaders in the wiki. I decided to try this one in particular considering it was mentioned in an earlier post. I applied the "toon" action to a model entity, compiled the level, and ran it. The model was solid black. I'm assuming I'm forgeting something or it's my video card. I have DirectX 9.0c and a ATI Radeon 9600 SE. Any ideas?
Posted By: Nadester

Re: Simple Toon Shader Question - 11/28/05 01:24

Hmmm... did you make sure you have toonlookup.tga? It should be a 32bit targa. Your video card is fine for this.
Posted By: SlyBoots

Re: Simple Toon Shader Question - 11/28/05 04:43

What I originally did was copy the image into Paint Shop Pro 8 and save it as a TGA file, but it turns out it only goes up to 24bit. If I save the picture off of the wiki it saves it as a PNG. I figured it wouldn't work, but I tried changing the extension anyway. So I suppose I'll need to search for a program to do this eh?
Posted By: broozar

Re: Simple Toon Shader Question - 11/28/05 16:34

psp 8 i good for this, i use it too. when saving, select file --> save as --> options (the button under "ok" and "cancel"), select 32 bit and "uncomprimised" (v. important).
Posted By: Nadester

Re: Simple Toon Shader Question - 12/01/05 03:13

Yeap, that's probably the problem SlyBoots.

Edit: Save it as a bitmap, and changed the cscript to read the bitmap file. That should work actually.
© 2024 lite-C Forums