A-Eightometer

Posted By: HeelX

A-Eightometer - 09/04/11 21:16

Share your A8 feelings with the world. This is not a real feature request- nor a bug report- nor a complaints thread. Just one sentence, just one thought. I begin.

I want a new beta!
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: A-Eightometer - 09/04/11 21:36

I want a new compiler!
Posted By: Superku

Re: A-Eightometer - 09/04/11 21:40

I want the new public beta!
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: A-Eightometer - 09/04/11 22:46

I want optional DirectX 11!
Posted By: Quad

Re: A-Eightometer - 09/04/11 23:16

I want unicorns pooping rainbows that tastes like nutella.

Re: A-Eightometer - 09/04/11 23:25

@Quad Wish partially granted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWM2joNb9NE
Posted By: 3run

Re: A-Eightometer - 09/05/11 00:58

I want new beta, built-in fast pathfinding, optimized shadows shades for level blocks with multiply flashlights support, I want new WED! I want different hull shapes for c_trace and c_move (box, cylinder), I want proper collusions for PH_CHAR with PH_RIGID (I know this is impossible, but I just want this). I want to get realistic car movement at least (want the one I'm working on to get realistic enough), I want free update from my A7 com to A8. This list really can go on endless...
Posted By: Joozey

Re: A-Eightometer - 09/05/11 10:16

I want A8!
Posted By: fogman

Re: A-Eightometer - 09/05/11 10:29

I want better (read: deeper) QA.

Re: A-Eightometer - 09/05/11 10:44

I want volume textures!
Posted By: painkiller

Re: A-Eightometer - 09/05/11 11:07

I want realtime shadowmapping for indoor scenes as sphere engine plugin already did 6 years ago
Posted By: FBL

Re: A-Eightometer - 09/05/11 17:17

I want motivation.
Posted By: alpha_strike

Re: A-Eightometer - 09/05/11 20:24

I want an exporter for android
Posted By: Liamissimo

Re: A-Eightometer - 09/05/11 20:42

I want the "Create Game" button.
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: A-Eightometer - 09/09/11 11:14

I want TUSC grin

No, not really, but i want to be the one who finished it

Re: A-Eightometer - 09/22/11 22:37

I want BEAM/ STREAK for ISOMETRIC views!!!
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: A-Eightometer - 09/22/11 22:50

lol shade-c finished laugh or shadec like library built in (and a level editor with it) i could do some serious dev if i had those two things with this engine (i still could if i had the patience to go through and make my own library and tools... i just dont wink )
Posted By: Redeemer

Re: A-Eightometer - 10/12/11 13:50

I want a built-in collision engine that doesn't use ellipsoids -.-

EDIT: Didn't realize how old this thread is now... oh well.
Posted By: Clemens

Re: A-Eightometer - 10/13/11 09:23

Originally Posted By: alpha_strike
I want an exporter for android

abs agree
Posted By: 3run

Re: A-Eightometer - 10/13/11 12:14

Originally Posted By: Redeemer
I want a built-in collision engine that doesn't use ellipsoids -.-
Abs agree! F**K OBB!
Posted By: Inestical

Re: A-Eightometer - 10/13/11 13:59

I want free time to work on my projects so I can finally show something to the public.
Posted By: Harry Potter

Re: A-Eightometer - 10/13/11 15:01

Originally Posted By: Inestical
I want free time to work on my projects so I can finally show something to the public.

+1
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: A-Eightometer - 10/13/11 15:13

(What a luck that I've got holidays :P)

However, I want no artifacts, when I am scaling an image, in a direction i am not even scaling in. (Y Scale, X artifacts D: )
Posted By: Joozey

Re: A-Eightometer - 10/13/11 18:56

The more free time I have, the bigger my project becomes, the fewer finished work I end up with tongue.
Posted By: SchokoKeks

Re: A-Eightometer - 10/13/11 18:58

Originally Posted By: Joozey
The more free time I have, the bigger my project becomes, the fewer finished work I end up with tongue.

+1
The less time I have, the more I get done on my projects...

Re: A-Eightometer - 10/13/11 19:48

Me too wink

Re: A-Eightometer - 10/13/11 23:31

Me three
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: A-Eightometer - 10/14/11 09:24

I want to see inestical's project and Harry's finished Game.
And I want liiiiinuuuux suppooort!

Re: A-Eightometer - 10/14/11 10:51

android support pretty much means also linux support. Either way engine needs a opengl renderer.

Re: A-Eightometer - 10/16/11 02:10

Originally Posted By: Quad
Either way engine needs a opengl renderer.

Not just that, but JCL would have to rebuild many other subsystems as well, including the multiplayer engine (which relies heavily on DirectPlay), the multimedia handler, I/O, and probably the physics engine (since PhysX will not work with the GPU under Linux).

That said, I think it's safe to say that a Linux port will never ever happen for Gamestudio.

Re: A-Eightometer - 10/16/11 02:19

Quote:
including the multiplayer engine (which relies heavily on DirectPlay)

Hm no, A8 uses the Enet library (or am I wrong?). And why would physX not work or depend on the GPU?

EDIT:
Quote:
V8.00.1b beta - released Apr 23, 2010
A8 C The DirectPlay network library was replaced by the Enet library. This doesn't affect the network functions or traffic, so A7 network projects still work without any change. The main advantage is that Enet is less resource hungry and supports other platforms, which allows a possible future development of a Linux based network server.

Posted By: MrGuest

Re: A-Eightometer - 10/16/11 02:30

DirectPlay isn't used anymore it's been overwritten in A8 by Enet. Not sure about the physics though...
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: A-Eightometer - 10/16/11 07:18

Yeah, even with Enet already implemented, tt's probably still safe to say that a linux port will never happen. But I figured this was a thread to say anything you don't like, so I did...

Re: A-Eightometer - 10/16/11 10:54

physx 3.0 runs with gpu accerelation on android.

Re: A-Eightometer - 10/16/11 13:37

Originally Posted By: Quad
physx 3.0 runs with gpu accerelation on android.

Yes, but not Linux (despite the similarities) and that's a fact, jack. wink

EDIT: Here's a thread on Nvidia's own developer boards to prove it. Disappointing, eh? Admittedly, the thread is a little old, but as the last poster said, there were no plans to add GPU support to the Linux SDK and it's stayed that way the last two years.

You can also see it on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhysX
Posted By: Slin

Re: A-Eightometer - 10/16/11 14:58

And where is the problem with missing GPU acceleration? I actually doubt that gamestudio is using it at all, at the moment...
There is no real reason against Linux and Mac support as soon as Android is working. Changing the very few platform dependencies is then only a matter of a few days of work. And in case the new WED is written using Qt, it will probably also just run on most platforms, with minimal additional work.
I donīt believe that there will be linux support, anytime soon, but I also donīt really see a reason against it. Same about iOS btw, if Android works, there isnīt much left to do to make it work on iOS.

Re: A-Eightometer - 10/16/11 15:09

I am guessing hardest part would writing a lite-c compiler for ARM based processor, but even without lite-c support there is still c-script.
Posted By: Stansmedia

Re: A-Eightometer - 11/01/11 21:55

I've been saying this since 2003, nearly TEN YEARS: A better texturing interface in WED!! The way it is now is just... ignorant. I may as well keep a frickin hoola hoop next to me and everytime I set a texture I'll get out of my chair and jump through it.
© 2024 lite-C Forums