[Free Download]Cannon

Posted By: Ralph

[Free Download]Cannon - 12/11/06 18:27

Hi,
i have made this little cannon, because i had much free time today and i want to learn better model skills.
Its for free and credits are not needed.

Download cannon for free!!

Have nice day and sorry for bad english.
Ralph
Posted By: Gandalf

Re: [Free Download]Cannon - 12/11/06 19:00

Nice. Thanks.
Posted By: broozar

Re: [Free Download]Cannon - 12/11/06 20:36

with canon, you can

your first model? you need to do some skinning tutorials...
Posted By: in_christ

Re: [Free Download]Cannon - 12/11/06 22:53

great cannon , very good contribution.
Posted By: frazzle

Re: [Free Download]Cannon - 12/12/06 20:58

@ DaBro0zar

Quote:

your first model? you need to do some skinning tutorials...

That was my fist opinion to

@ Ralph

It's not bad to learn some modeling skills by yourself but some tutorials can do no harm

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: [Free Download]Cannon - 12/12/06 21:07

Hmm i dont know why your guys think thats my first model.
If your look 2 pages back you can see more of my models.
The model was only for training my skills, okay its not my best model but you dont must download it!
I only want to share it because i dont want to delet it from my space and would give your guys a little present.

Sorry for my bad english,
i only have english at school(so its very bad).
Have a nice day,
Ralph
Posted By: Kamiomi

Re: [Free Download]Cannon - 12/14/06 05:51

Looks like a cannon for a ship - which means there would be a lot of other details around. It seems like you could do it with fewer polygons - like don't worry so much about round wheels, and a round cannon barrel (since there might be a dozen cannons on a deck).

You can fake the look of roundness with textures. I did a 19th century field cannon in my set (see link in my signature -- field cannon), and the cannon is actually really blocky, but I used a detailed texture (still only 256x256).

Anyway, that's my two cents - any my shameless self-promotion of my models for sale.

Posted By: broozar

Re: [Free Download]Cannon - 12/14/06 11:04

woah 15 bucks.
but, can you please tell me if advertising/selling models on turbosquid is worth it? does someone buy models there? it seems to be such a big database, the chance that you are piced is rather low, or? would you recommend this way of distribution?

PS: happy b-day!
Posted By: Loopix

Re: [Free Download]Cannon - 12/14/06 11:35

I woulden't sell anything in big style on Turbosqid...they take 50% But It is a good possibility to promote your products by selling either just a few products of your whole product-range, or offering some free sample downloads. I did that to promote my plants in the begining...but now sales work much better from my site or from Gamebeep (Bret the Gamebeep guy is cool and takes only 20-25%).

Sorry...back on topic: The marine cannon looks pretty good but has indeed a rather high polycount for it's shape...reduce it a bit, make a whole marine arsenal, create a website and offer your content for free or sell it for a reasonable price
Posted By: Kamiomi

Re: [Free Download]Cannon - 12/18/06 14:28

Turbosquid is fine, and it's so popular that you're bound to be seen (of course most of what really sells well on there is really high-end stuff). So far I've sold three models, and one set, in a week? -- and I'd say my prices are pretty low... like my polygon counts.

But... that really isn't on topic.

Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: [Free Download]Cannon - 12/18/06 14:38

Quote:

but, can you please tell me if advertising/selling models on turbosquid is worth it? does someone buy models there? it seems to be such a big database, the chance that you are piced is rather low, or? would you recommend this way of distribution?

I find TurboSquid very useless to be honest. I placed a few Dexsoft packs there. While we sell it at our website very well it does not sell at TurboSquid. They take 50 %, it is quite complicated and the database is too huge. There is simply too much stuff online with very bad quality. I by myself did not buy a single object there but we bought stuff from Loopix, Matt and other artists over the net.

So if you want to sell anything then better go with Gamebeep or with Dexsoft
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: [Free Download]Cannon - 12/18/06 14:56

I agree and to be honest, at Turbosquid tend to come a lot of folks only out for some money, not for delivering quality models. The vast majority of models is either incomplete, not skinned or animated or total crap. It's no wonder the better quality models tend to ask a big amount of money for it, and yes it's huge. They should sort by quality in one way or another, perhaps filtering all models for crappy ones would be the way to go, it should downsize the huge amount of models too. Turbosquid doesn't sound like a real fair deal if they take 50% too btw,

Cheers

Re: [Free Download]Cannon - 12/18/06 19:23

Why your spam in my thread??
Ralph
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: [Free Download]Cannon - 12/18/06 19:31

Hi Ralph!

I used your cool cannon model already in my very simple game.
I named you of cause in the credits!

thanx, mercuryus
Posted By: PrenceOfDarkness

Re: [Free Download]Cannon - 12/19/06 00:17

great work i love free stuff lol
© 2024 lite-C Forums