Massive 3DGS Shadercollection

Posted By: Slin

Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 01:23

4 or 5 days ago HeelX asked me to create a collection of all these shaders. Because I just had a big motivation drop for going on with Chopper-Zone, I started to create such a package and that is what you can download here.

It is a collection of about 40 shaders some of them are very similar some other arenīt. I think the quality goes from amazing to okay but not less. My example levels are far away from perfect wich means, that the shaders could look much better if the lightening, models and textures are right.

It was A LOT of work to create this collection, wich means that I want you to use it . The shaders are sorted by the needed shadermodels and they come all together with an example level (with wmp), a compiled version of the level and with a screenshot.

The shaders come from the shader forum, usercontributions, acknex unlimited, the 3DGS wiki and from ellos website (ther is a lot of cool stuff on his site, so you should definatly check it out ). If any of the shaderprogrammers donīt want his shader to be in this package, please tell me and Iīll delete it (Sorry, I should have asked you before uploading the file...). If you know of any shader I missed, it would be great, if you could send it to me or tell me where to find it and Iīll upload an update for this when I collected some more Shaders (Contact me via ICQ, MSN, eMail or personal mail through the forums) or just leave a comment here.

To run these shaders, you need at least A6.31.4 Comm and a graphicscard with support for the needed shaderversions. There is one shader wich needs render to texture, wich is only possible with A6 Pro or A7 Comm/Pro.

I created the Levels with A7, not knowing, that you canīt open them with the A6 WED... But at least the scriptfiles should work for you without any problems. You can run them through SED or use the compiled version only.

There are some persons around here with the opinion, that there arenīt any shaders for 3DGS, so I hope to change your opinion now with this package a bit

You should check the .fx files if you want to use a shader, because there are often some values wich are worth to tweak.

Here is an overview of the whole collection:

I hope that you love it as much as I do
Download it here.

Slin
hey, and give me some comments

btw, I already have some postprocessing shaders on my hdd, so stay tuned. Though it should take some weeks/month until Iīll upload them as a collection like this.
Posted By: MrCode

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 01:47

And this is free??
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 02:14

you got me speachless
Posted By: FoxZero

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 02:17

I just downloaded it, lol I still don't have A7 comm yet but I'll have it very soon and I'll let you know what I think
Posted By: Frederick_Lim

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 03:49

Wow! Thank you.
Posted By: adoado

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 05:35

I can't believe it! This is awesome, can't wait to try it out! Thanks soooo much

Thanks!
Adoado.
Posted By: HeelX

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 07:41

Hey, finally you followed my orders MAHAHA thanks man, thanks. I will check it out and then I'll give feedback.
Posted By: Dyc

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 07:50

Thank you. We appreciate all the work and time you put into this.
Thanks.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 08:30

This is huge!!!!

Did you test how much and which of them worked together within the same level?
Or, is this a unnecessary concern?
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 08:33

This is just amazing slin, a massive contribution with shaders is always but I mean always welcome and learningful !! You really maded one hell of an effort to provide this free package towards the rest of us users I'll be purchasing A7 commerical pretty soon, until then I can't judge the shaders with a render to texture instruction yet but I just know they will look nice !!
5 stars rating here you come

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: Nicolas_B

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 08:36

Nice Contribut.

THANKS
Posted By: broozar

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 08:39

may i marry you? awesome! will they work with a7 as well? not that i had id, but just i case i finally decide to update...

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 08:42

Hey, cool, a lot are really cool! Thanks for your contribution.

Though, I would like to see some fullscreen effects in your package as well like blooming (not cheap bloom), color filtering etc. Do you have something like this on your harddrive as well?
Posted By: Salva

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 08:53

Hi Slin!
Thank you for your contribution, but I must be sincere, I like your tutorial more on how convert the shader of nvidia FX, we are waiting all for the second tutorial, and the list of the keywords that must be replaced to make it works with 3dgs, big contribution!!!

Thank you!

salva

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 08:58

@HeelX:
Quote:

btw, I already have some postprocessing shaders on my hdd, so stay tuned. Though it should take some weeks/month until Iīll upload them as a collection like this.

@Pappenheimer: You can of course use them all together. The only thing this could result in is a bad performence. But there shouldnīt be any other problems, though I havenīt tried it.

@broozar: sure, the compiled versions are all running with A7

@Salva: It will take some time, but Iīll relly go on when Iīve got some time. Do you already know of a shader you want to convert for the next part? Btw, I think that this is a bit more usefull then a convertion tutorial, because you already got a cuple of ready to use tutorials, though you are right that it is good if you know how to convet one in the case, that you something wich isnīt in here.

Thanks for all your comments, and hey go on
Posted By: Poison

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 09:28

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMEEEE!!!!!!!!

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 10:25

Whoooops, sorry
Posted By: Frits

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 10:42

Verry nice contribution, but when I unzip it, I get about 80 errors in WinZip;
The filename or extension is too long.
What can I do about that?
Posted By: Poison

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 10:54

copy them all
Posted By: Lutz_G

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 10:57

This happens if you extract on Desktop. If so, you have very long paths like
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Desktop\...

Solution: Copy the zip-file to C:\ and extract it there.
Posted By: Frits

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 11:01

Ok, thanks, I will try that.
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 13:10

Quote:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMEEEE!!!!!!!!

I just can repeat that... 5 stars
Posted By: JetpackMonkey

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 13:25

Brilliant, thank you so much for this!
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 18:07

5 points Mr. Hero
Posted By: Uhrwerk

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 18:08

That's a very generous contribution, Slin, thank you for sharing the effort spent!!
Posted By: FlorianP

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 18:29

Really nice move!
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 18:30

*died*

time of death: Monday, july 23rd, 8:30PM
cause of death: loss of blood due to massive errection
may he rest in peace...
Posted By: TWO

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 18:47

*Laughing my ass off* Nice SP|KE

Jup, indeed something interesting
Posted By: Ghost

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 18:59

Thank you Slin.
Posted By: Nomad

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 20:34

Thank you Slin.
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 21:27

Brilliant. In fact, SFG Phil was just talking about how much better their shaders were than ours, and how we don't have collections like theirs...

and we didn't, until now. Thanks Slin!

EDIT: BTW, Thanks to all who contributed the shaders as well! This is a great way to keep our work from being lost...
Posted By: bstudio

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/23/07 22:56

You are God, I would rate you with 5 million stars if I could, but you'll have to do with 5
Posted By: Realspawn

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/24/07 08:58

You did a great job here bro i like seeing people giving stuff to the community you helped out a lot of people with this

now enough from me get motivated again :-p
Posted By: Lion_Ts

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/24/07 09:43

Thank you very much and thanks to all contributors! If you'll have some free time to continue this, please, do it
What do you think about submitting this to George (AU resources)? I think this is better than upload it to a free file hosting or host this big chunk by yourself.
Thank you again Slin; btw, your "Nvidia Shaderconvertions done by myself^^ (Normal, Parallax, Relief, metall and velvety shader)" in the "Shadermodel 3.0" subfolder works fine with shadermodel 2.0 (I have vsps2.0 video card).

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/24/07 09:58

Quote:

What do you think about submitting this to George (AU resources)? I think this is better than upload it to a free file hosting or host this big chunk by yourself.
Thank you again Slin; btw, your "Nvidia Shaderconvertions done by myself^^ (Normal, Parallax, Relief, metall and velvety shader)" in the "Shadermodel 3.0" subfolder works fine with shadermodel 2.0 (I have vsps2.0 video card).

Yeah right, I will send it to George. My nvidia shaderconvertions are running with geforce fx and above. But if you want it to run with ATI cards, they will need shadermodel 3.0, it is possible that the velvety shader works on each ps/vs 2.0 card.

Thanks for your comments so far
keep on commenting^^

Slin

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/24/07 10:27

What about putting the best or all of them into the WIKI?

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/24/07 10:42

Quote:

What about putting the best or all of them into the WIKI?

An idea I already had, but I havenīt done it because it would be such a lot of work -.-
If anybody has some time and want to do it, it would be great

On the other side, I think that it also has some advantages if you can get it all on your harddisk with only one download.
Posted By: msl_manni

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/24/07 12:53

please upload it to AU resources. I am having problems downloading from fileplanet because you cant use a download manager with it.
Posted By: not_me

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/24/07 14:42

i dont care what any one says...this is the best d**n contribution ever! i salute you!

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/24/07 20:27

Quote:

please upload it to AU resources. I am having problems downloading from fileplanet because you cant use a download manager with it.

I donīt have any problems there with my downloadmanager, but okay.
I sent a mail to George and already got the answer that it will be there in about 2 weeks. A big thanks to George here, for his great work (hey, where is the next AUM^^)

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/24/07 23:06

Quote:

your "Nvidia Shaderconvertions done by myself^^ (Normal, Parallax, Relief, metall and velvety shader)" in the "Shadermodel 3.0" subfolder works fine with shadermodel 2.0 (I have vsps2.0 video card).

Yeah, but on mine they run at about 3 FPS when I'm at least 10-20 quants away from each of them.

GPU: nVidia GeForce FX 5200 (256 MB VM).

Yeah, not for parallax/relief mapping, which looks awesome, but unfortunately as yet only on high-end GPUs.

The fastest thing that will run in that level is the velvety shader (which really to me just looks something in a dull plastic container, ).

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/25/07 05:25

Quote:

Quote:

Which download manager do you use . There are many such bigger downloads on fileplanet which I want to download .

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/25/07 08:02

Quote:

Yeah, but on mine they run at about 3 FPS when I'm at least 10-20 quants away from each of them.

GPU: nVidia GeForce FX 5200 (256 MB VM).

The GeForce FX series is very bad in terms of Shader2.0
They support shader 2.0 just for the sake of marketing but they cannot run those shaders properly. Besides that this is a very old graphic card. I would not expect parallax or relief shaders on such an old technology.
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/25/07 09:23

Amazing contribution , thnx.
Posted By: Bright

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/25/07 09:54

You shall become a god amung men
Posted By: D3D

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/25/07 10:55

Thanks Slin sometimes the best things in life are free
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/25/07 21:32

Quote:

Thanks Slin sometimes the best things in life are free

To bad this doesn't happen more often in reality too ... but I guess that is reality
I play around with some of the shaders to fit my needs and it just turned out great, thanks again Slin !!

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/25/07 22:34

Quote:

The GeForce FX series is very bad in terms of Shader2.0
They support shader 2.0 just for the sake of marketing but they cannot run those shaders properly. Besides that this is a very old graphic card. I would not expect parallax or relief shaders on such an old technology.

I feel so small...

and those shaders are in the Shader model 3.0 folder, not 2.0.
Posted By: Metal_Thrasher

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/26/07 17:27

I'm having a problem, most of the files I'm trying to extract from the zip file say they require a password? What's up with that? Is anybody else having that problem?
Posted By: mpdeveloper_A

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/27/07 02:31

Dude your the best. Thanks!!!
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/27/07 14:20

this really is awesome, and they all run great on my card except for the steep paralax mapping, it slowed to 20 fps when up close to it, every thing else runs smooth
Posted By: KMS

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/27/07 19:48

I find no words without lot's of thanks!!!!
Posted By: Thracian

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 07/27/07 20:14

RESPECT! Veeeeeeeeery Niiiiiiiiiiiiice!
I just saw it now and i have to admit itīs really cool.
The only criticism i would make is that you use too many s

But anyway: Very good *thumbsup*

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 08/04/07 15:28

Quote:

Quote:

I sent a mail to George and already got the answer that it will be there in about 2 weeks. A big thanks to George here, for his great work (hey, where is the next AUM^^)

Hi Slin,
I have been waiting for the shaders to be uploaded on Au-resource. But it seems that George has forgotten about it . Please do the needful, so that I too can have them.
Thanks,
MSL.
Posted By: Night Viper

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 08/05/07 00:49

I've uploaded it to my site, so if anyone's looking for an alternate server, you can find it here: http://www.nightvipergames.com/page5.html As far as I know, you shouldn't have a problem using a download manager.

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 08/06/07 06:26

Quote:

I've uploaded it to my site, so if anyone's looking for an alternate server, you can find it here: http://www.nightvipergames.com/page5.html As far as I know, you shouldn't have a problem using a download manager.

Thanks Night Viper for uploading the shader collection to your server. It works and I will be able to download it finally. BTW I have seen your games and like them, good work and keep it up.
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 10/15/07 17:34

does the refraction shader require render to texture?
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: Massive 3DGS Shadercollection - 10/15/07 17:35

yes
© 2024 lite-C Forums