A lot of game ready character models are on sale (

Posted By: InhChiu

A lot of game ready character models are on sale ( - 11/04/07 20:18

Just wanna help my friends marketing their site, heheh, but u r lucky! You can get a lot of models at 3dbud.com with half of the price (about ~20 bucks) bcos of the grand opening sale event. And they have some cool models like this:

Etc.

They’re all next-gen high quality realtime models and have affordable prices. Hope it help!

Ah, here's the link:

http://3dbud.com

Very cool, you are gonna like it!
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: A lot of game ready character models are on sale ( - 11/10/07 06:50

Damn , great moels , thnx.
Posted By: CD_saber

Re: A lot of game ready character models are on sale ( - 11/13/07 17:14

Is there a way to convert them (model,skin, animations) to MDL ? And is there anyone who could do it for me ?
Posted By: frazzle

Re: A lot of game ready character models are on sale ( - 11/13/07 19:28

Indeed, quite impressive

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: 3DRTcom

Re: A lot of game ready character models are on sale ( - 11/13/07 20:07

What a shame
Whole website design was stolen from us by 3dbud. Here is our original website:www.3drt.com
Our website is up online for 9 years already and you can tell that by rank6 google rating. Is this one 3dbud like a month old?
I'd definitely be careful dealing with intellectual property thieves, no matter how cheap they sell (their??) models.
Posted By: DEX

Re: A lot of game ready character models are on sa - 11/13/07 20:31

HM, I bought Snake model and first version was broken, but after I contacted them I got another milkshape version, which seems to be ok, and I exported to milkshapeASCI and imported into med without problems.
But I can also confirm that web design is very same, because I used to buy models from 3drt, I thought in a first place that you opened your another web-shop for another type of models. But now I am confused, maybe models also arent their's.

Posted By: jigalypuff

Re: A lot of game ready character models are on sa - 11/13/07 22:10

the scifi dropships on that site are also for sale on turbosquid, easy enough to mail the origanl author to see if they have pinched it.
Posted By: broozar

Re: A lot of game ready character models are on sa - 11/13/07 22:17

uh, design has changed! have a look.

Re: A lot of game ready character models are on sa - 11/13/07 23:35

Quote:

the scifi dropships on that site are also for sale on turbosquid

Yes they are on TS since opening and are sold by us. www.3Drt.com
Main problem was about 3dbud stealing our website. But as Broozar mentioned, they've changed it already.
Can't even imagine what could be the reason to steal simple website if you are developing so complex 3d art. This is indeed very suspicious.
Looks like this time they had enough imagination to use website template.

They could have been smarter and get in contact with people like us for collaboration opportunities, though they've chosen weird "pain in ..." thieves way.
Posted By: Joozey

Re: A lot of game ready character models are on sa - 11/14/07 00:04

lol @ nextgen exaggeration.
Nevertheless nice models, whether they are legally sold or not.
Posted By: fastlane69

Re: A lot of game ready character models are on sa - 11/14/07 00:38

Can't find the dropships on the 3dbud site. Was it there or did they drop it too?
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: A lot of game ready character models are on sa - 11/14/07 04:08

"
They could have been smarter and get in contact with people like us for collaboration opportunities "

Seems like a lot of times people are slow to collaborate, for some reason every attempt I've made to collaborate with some one, even with someone who has less skill than I consider myself to have, no one wants to accept. That gives me problems because I can only model and texture, with no animation skill whatsoever.
Posted By: adoado

Re: A lot of game ready character models are on sa - 11/14/07 05:54

Quote:

uh, design has changed! have a look.

Yep, your right. It looked different just 7-8 hours ago? That by itself is suspicious, considering what has been said in this post...

So 3dbud stole your models? If so, I would be contacting InhChiu and telling him that his friends have stolen models?

That is illegal, right?

If not, just ignore me
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: A lot of game ready character models are on sa - 11/14/07 06:02

...I wish I could redesign an entire website that quickly!
Posted By: tkunze

Re: A lot of game ready character models are on sa - 11/14/07 07:48

i think the issue is not that the models on 3dbud are stolen (i hope not because i owned most of them). They used the WebDesign from
www.3drt.com which has changed now (both sites really looked identical).

The models are good quality with complete animation and import using Milkshape ASCII without any problem to MDL (except the Snake model).

Currently the Animation Frame Names are missing but it is possible to get them from their support.

The only thing to complain is they used multiple materials (about 6, left eye, right eye, body...) for the character models which complicates the use of shaders.

But over all you get great models which import without any problem (even the textures are in TGA and do not need to be converted) for a low rate.
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: A lot of game ready character models are on sa - 11/14/07 08:58

LOL , I actually thought it was the same 3DRT guys with just a twin site or something , it's pretty lame that it's just copied , lol.
Posted By: Arnd

Re: A lot of game ready character models are on sa - 11/14/07 21:07

Sorry,
i am now a little confused - who is now the legal seller of these Models?
www.3Drt.com ?
Posted By: Joozey

Re: A lot of game ready character models are on sa - 11/14/07 21:51

Quote:

Sorry,
i am now a little confused - who is now the legal seller of these Models?
www.3Drt.com ?

They both sell different models. It's not entirely sure if 3DBud legally sells models, but it seems so, and probably they just used the web design from 3Drt for some reason.

I wonder as well how they redesigned their site that fast, given that they first used 3drt's design. Maybe that one was just a "trial" design so the site could be launched before the actual design was ready? Odd.

Re: A lot of game ready character models are on sa - 11/15/07 13:46

Quote:

I wonder as well how they redesigned their site that fast

Because we reacted pretty fast and informed their hosting provider. Their website could have been offline if they didn't change design.
Also it wasn't hard to track all the forums where they spammed adverts.

I have no idea if they sell their own models or not, but our website contents was stolen. I still see lots of our images on their ftp even after they changed website appearance.
I don't see why people who develop such complex 3d models can't build their own website that takes couple days.
Another important thing, website owners didn't bother to explain the situation on any forums they posted. And didn't specify that they really own models and website confusion was just an accident. And I didn't get any response from them after contacting regarding website theft.

So again to make things clear, they didn't steal 3d models from us and I have no idea if they stolen em somewhere else, though they did steal our website design that really confused lots of people, who know our website well.

This was actually the way I was informed about this. I've got lots of e-mails from our customers asking if it is our new website. No we don't have anything to do with those thieves.
Posted By: Arnd

Re: A lot of game ready character models are on sa - 11/16/07 07:21

Thx for clarify - i am impressed about Model Design on both Sites.
Hope fairness will in future win also in this business.

-----------------
(I know reality - but dreams are the food of the Culture)
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: A lot of game ready character models are on sa - 11/16/07 08:18

Quote:

I wonder as well how they redesigned their site that fast, given that they first used 3drt's design. Maybe that one was just a "trial" design so the site could be launched before the actual design was ready? Odd.

That happens all the time... I think the problem lies somewhere else. I'm thinking they have bought a website template that's similar. There are thieves everywhere, so it might not be their fault, if they simply bought a stolen template from somewhere... It would explain how they got the website changed this fast, because they literally needed less than an hour or so. (Unless it just was one big 3Drt.com pr action and they fooled us all hahaha j/k )

Cheers
© 2024 lite-C Forums