xXxContributions

Posted By: xXxGuitar511

xXxContributions - 01/12/08 23:31

...I thought I'd start a thread of meaningless contributions

For my first item, I created a simple turret that uses bones to point to a target entity. The turret can be rotated to any angle, and it will "slowly" turn towards it target once found. This is done by rotating the offset to the target to object space before facing.

Turret.c
Turret.mdl
Turret.wav
-> Right Click (Save Target As)

ADD: Here's a small YouTube Video (may not be fully uploaded yet)

I'm working on some code to walk on a circular plant next. It's working, but it has some issues. I'll get it posted as soon as it works... properly. I'd post some shaders, but I'm working on a low-end computer, so I can't...
Posted By: Blink

Re: xXxContributions - 01/13/08 03:22

awesome video, i wish it was in c-script too. thanks for the contribution.

Re: xXxContributions - 01/13/08 04:54

You could easily switch it to c-script if you needed to. If you want, let me know and I'll do it for you...
Posted By: frazzle

Re: xXxContributions - 01/13/08 19:59

Nice targeting system Guitar, quite flexible
Love to see more xXx UCs

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: Quad

Re: xXxContributions - 01/14/08 11:42

nice video, can be used for security-cam thingy s too.

Re: xXxContributions - 01/14/08 17:18

that would be awesome, please convert it to A6 for us still using A6 please.Thanks.

Re: xXxContributions - 01/14/08 18:10

no problem, I'll work on it later tonight...

As for the next item (walking on spherical levels). I have it working, but I still need to convert it to a full player, right now it's just a floating camera. I've got the physics working, but that was the easy part...

Right now I'm working on designing a level to showcase it, but I'm not much of anything other than a coder, so... yeah. I'll do what I can.

Re: xXxContributions - 01/24/08 00:20

did you get a chance to work on this? you know converting it to A6 for me?

Re: xXxContributions - 01/24/08 01:46

Crap... sorry Blink, I had completely forgotten

I'll go ahead and do it now before I forget...
Posted By: Frederick_Lim

Re: xXxContributions - 01/27/08 03:46

Very useful contribution, I try to create a bone turret but fail, because the turret can't look at target when change its tilt or roll. Now look at your code I found this is the magic.
Code:
		vec_rotate(vec_to_ent, vector(-my.pan,0,0));
vec_rotate(vec_to_ent, vector(0,-my.tilt,0));
vec_rotate(vec_to_ent, vector(0,0,-my.roll));

And I modified my tank from 3 entities to a single entity now. Without your code I can't achieve it.
Many Thanks

Re: xXxContributions - 01/28/08 21:39

hate to bother you, but did you get around to converting this to A6?

Re: xXxContributions - 01/29/08 03:26

..sorry again, been real busy lately. Here you go...

Turret.wdl

I haven't tested it, but it should work.

Re: xXxContributions - 01/30/08 22:55

thanks, your awesome! i will test it after i arrange it in sed. when i downloaded it, it came out compressed and not set up to run. thanks for your time.

Re: xXxContributions - 02/08/08 21:16

...Alright, time for an update. Though I don't have anything yet, I've got a short list of requests.

1) Portal System. Though the portal craze finally died, they're still pretty fun to mess with. So I'm working on this now...

2) Toon Shader! Yes, another one. I was working on one for Sp|ke a little back, but I lost it, and now he's asked me to give it another go. So I'll get the details and release it ASAP.

3) ...Not sure what to call this shader. Normal Mapping + Environment mapping; I know theirs a name, I just don't remember it . So I'll work on this soon.

4) SSAO & Shadow Mapping. I don't know which one will come first, or when, but it will

...of course all will be free, and I'll get them done as soon as possible, and let you all know as it goes!...
Posted By: frazzle

Re: xXxContributions - 02/09/08 09:27

Looks like a promising list
Good luck
Btw, I think it's refered as 'Environment mapped bump mapping' ^^

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: jigalypuff

Re: xXxContributions - 02/09/08 14:18

would you think about doing a shader for glow maps? so the windows and other bits of a spaceship will look lit up when those ones are on the other side of the sun.

Re: xXxContributions - 02/09/08 23:14

Sure, I can add it on somewhere... but what exactly do you mean?

Specular reflections, or a lightmap? Not quite following you...

Re: xXxContributions - 02/10/08 00:14

well like a glow map so as to get this effect. so windows and engine glows well, glow lol

Here's a before...

...and after.

Re: xXxContributions - 02/10/08 00:41

...Basically it's just a lightmap. Any actual glowing would be done by bloom. Making it actually glow would be a pain in the *ss, but I can check it out if necessary...

Re: xXxContributions - 02/10/08 09:49

that would be great man thanks

Re: xXxContributions - 02/12/08 04:57

I've been really busy lately helping a friend "rebuild" his house, but I finally found a little time for work...

I've got the portals displaying 100%; I just need to recreate the movement of passing through them, then I'll post it with a demo

Re: xXxContributions - 02/12/08 23:04

sounds awesome, cant wait to see it.

Re: xXxContributions - 05/15/08 17:17

Well, I've been away from the forums (and internet) for a couple of months now, but I've still been doing some "practice" coding in free time. I've got a couple more contributions to post soon, but they need a ... (damnit, forgot about my food in the oven) ... sorry, a bit more work first.

As I have no permanent residence, my projects are lost all the time (which is why I keep recreating the same things :P - So this time I have a little "2.5 D" game.

basically, this is much like what the older RE games did. It uses preset camera positions to paint a high-quality rendering over simple geometry; basically taking a picture of the level. The best part of this being that I get to make some intense shaders that are probably useless for realtime applications, but awesome for graphics.

Currently I'm trying to optimize a Per-Pixel normal mapping shader. After it's done I'll throw it to the crowd to mess around with, and will see if it's usefull or not.

Another project I've been working on is the ragdoll code (as can be showcased by Helghast). The main issues are mentioned there, and I haven't found any solutions yet, but will gladly post when I do.
Posted By: Helghast

Re: xXxContributions - 05/16/08 08:18

Originally Posted By: xXxDisciple

Another project I've been working on is the ragdoll code (as can be showcased by Helghast). The main issues are mentioned there, and I haven't found any solutions yet, but will gladly post when I do.

just to clear this up, the code used in the ragdoll code which is used from you is only the bone update script for the actor, all other scripts (creating the ragdoll, physics hinges etc etc) are 100% coded by me. Dont claim i show off your project, i dont.

That said, maybe you could ellaborate some more on your Resident Evil 2,5D script? i'd be interested in seeing how such a thing works.

regards,
© 2024 lite-C Forums