[SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Games

Posted By: DEX

[SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Games - 01/21/08 08:00

Dear game developers,
we are proud to present our NEXT-GEN model package.
Very high detailed houses, 22 city models plus 12 LOD versions in following 3d formats with textures up to 1024*1024 px size in BMP format (including height, spec and normalmaps), ready to use in your 3D work.

* LWO (Lightwave)
* 3DS (3D Studio)
* OBJ (Wavefront Object)
* FBX (Autodesk FBX)
* DAE (Collada)
* X (MS Direct X format)
* MS3D (Milkshape 3D)
* DTS (Torque Game Engine)
* B3D (Blitzbasic)
* MDL (Gamestudio A7)

More details on DEXSOFT-GAMES page

Best regards
Posted By: Inestical

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/21/08 11:36

Wow, those look amazing!

And very very inspiring. I had troubles with some house designs, but not anymore.

The pack is bit too pricey for my budget, but I'd really buy it if I had money.
Posted By: Doof_Guy

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/21/08 12:01

VEry nice looking houses... wish i had the money to buy them . KEpp up the awesome work
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/21/08 12:54

Quote:

VEry nice looking houses... wish i had the money to buy them . KEpp up the awesome work

Thanks, and yes: we will keep it up. At Dexsoft 3 artists are already working on 3 new packs of at least the same quality.
Posted By: Gandalf

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/21/08 16:47

Very nice work
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/21/08 18:23

nice packs. one thing, that house that is uses for the lod, im not sure if its just the way the pic looks, but it seems like the lod step isnt quite as wide as the original. other than that, beautiful.
Posted By: frazzle

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/21/08 19:10

Great work, this is definitly next-gen work

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/21/08 22:24

LOD houses perfectly maches the size of higher-poly ones, so dont worry, in a game it is unoticable completely I ensure you
Posted By: Nexus_1944

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/22/08 21:26

wow i have bouhgt this pack and is verry cool. thanks^^ i hope there is comming more

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/23/08 07:36

Yes some very exciting packs are coming
Complete blacksmith scene with lots of models and second, medieval tavern scene also with fantastic models
So you will have assets for almost complete game.
Posted By: William

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/23/08 10:26

Very nice work as always! I was wondering about the commercial license bit, does this just apply to only this pack? How much more would that work out to be?

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/23/08 10:42

This restriction is meant for big studios selling much copies of a game through a publisher for more than 25 Euros for each copy (end-user-price).

We want to get in contact with such studios first. We introduced this the first time and it applies to this pack only at the moment.

Is this an issue for you?
Posted By: zazang

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/23/08 16:42

looks TERRIFIC !
Posted By: ulf

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/23/08 20:48

just a little hint, if i need to buy some things of the web i would never buy or use any art/sound/music... that restricts me in this kind of way.

its impossible to keep track of all these disclaimer things and the risk that i forget some of this in the development process is too high for me.
my personal opinion is that someone who implents this kind of "contract" for that amount of work will come and sue you, if you forget to call them after you charge 26€ for your product. and that risk is too high.

please dont take that personal, its just my opinion. i already bought some music for my last project and bought some other music again because the first music artist had such a disclaimer.

this might be okay for products that you cant live without but for 22 models i think its a bit too strange.

hope you see my point

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/23/08 22:55

You will find indie and commercial licenses all over the net. Garage Games sells artworks and technology that way. Many other artists do so as well.

Besides that your post is something like the following situation:
A man goes into a bar and tells the barkeeper plus all existing customers why he does not want to drink beer.

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/23/08 23:48

i just wanted to express, that i dont think this business model is a good idea based on my personal experience.
because i have made real bad experience with sound artists, who want to put a string around your neck with this kind of disclaimer. basically saying, if you sell your product with my soundfiles in, i want to have more money(how much more i can tell you once i know how many you charge for your product). if you don't sell your product, that price is okay for you to toy around for your own pleasure - thus making you pay twice, or even more because you already paid a lot of money for the pack... you really consider paying again instead of finding something new.
that was what happend to me, i hope you can understand that i'm a bit biased against this whole 'disclaimer-i-cant-tell-you-the-commercial-price-now' thing.

but you are right, this doesn't belong here. sorry for that.
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/24/08 07:46

well I really think this kind of license is to restrict the big companies from taking adtantage of resources aimed and priced towards the indie community. Big companies have big money , and should pay full price for artwork and the like. This type of license is keep the developer of the content from being taken advantage of, as the prices clearly reflect the target audience of the product. How would it feel if you make a great model pack like this , and sell it at a very low price , and then see it in a Nintendo game used by a multimillion dollar company ? they need to pay the amount X100 : )

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/24/08 08:34

Thanks Why_DO_I_Die. This is exactly our intention.

We fully support indie developers for years and will continue to do so. And we dont want to "put a string around any neck" and we also do not want that you pay twice.

Our only intention is that we wanna talk with big studios first. Maybe we want credits then or a slightly higher price.
We dont want to sue any indies and we will not fight against our customers.
Posted By: William

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/24/08 23:20

It's not really a problem, just making sure it isn't applied to the other packs I've purchased before. I'm not quite sure what the final sale price of my product and the such will be, but if I think of purchasing this, I'll contact you. I think I'm just gonna give credits to most bought artwork anyways, under something like "Additional Reasources Purchased From:". Because it is really hard to keep track of all the little things you buy here and there through many years.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/25/08 02:05

This license and our offers at our website are adressed to independent artists, game-developers and persons who create a product for free or for sale with a final end-user price of less than 25 $ / 25 Euro.

Don't want to make you look bad or nitpick, but it's 'addressed' with double 'd'.

As for the license itself, nowadays such things are becoming more and more common. Sounds and songs that are being sold over the internet ALWAYS have such a license. The whole idea behind it is the fact that this way they can charge you (the indie developer) with much less than they would otherwise. It's either such restrictions or you will pay full price like the big boys. You don't want that, because that'll mean that great model-packs will be too expensive.

Cheers

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/25/08 07:12

yeah thats sad but true, because it somehow limits you in terms of selling your product. you must also let them see your sales figures, if you agreed to such a contract! e.g. make no more than 5000$ type of things...

i'm shure dexsoft will not do this, but believe me others are making use of such stuff in other ways and try to squeeze the last inch out of you for minimum work they did.
so if you used many outsourced art assets, you may end up making no money at all, because at the point you break even and actually make some money, they do want to see much more. thats why i would always only buy if i can calculate with fixed numbers like 1000$ for commercial license, 100$ for indie.
the thing is once you sell your indie game to a publisher it ends for you beeing indie.

however again, i doubt dexsoft will do this, its just a general word of advise based on real experience i would wish no one else.

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/25/08 07:17

Its just like Frank said: with this licence we just want to be contacted by big guys before they get models, nothing else
Cheers
Posted By: Nexus_1944

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/25/08 11:08

@ Ulf

geh bitte voranders rumspamen und las die leute ihr geschäft nachgehen. die haben sich schon was dabei gedacht so vorzugehen. lasst es gut sein.
Posted By: FBL

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/25/08 23:14

und du bist wer?

1.) Wie wärs wenn du in einem englischen Thread Englisch schreibst?
2.) ist Fragen stellen erlaubt (und vielelciht vom Threadersteller sogar erwünscht).
3.) finden die Thematik sicherlich mehrere Leute interessant.
Posted By: tkunze

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/28/08 21:15

first of all please dont get me wrong. I like the models (i owned them) and if it is clear marked as an Indie license it is ok to apply license restrictions.

However i can not follow the argumentation in this thread. If a game is created from a major label they want to create their own look and feel.

And even if the quality is very good for a package you can buy for this price - in my opinion it is still a step to go to reach the standard of a game which will be published from a major label (the nintendos mentioned in the thread)

Therefore i would really appreciate to have a license model like they introduced at garagegames - a indie license and a commercial license but both with known prices to think about the risk and the costs upfront.

Picture: House Model from Gothic3

Picture: House Model from this house package

Posted By: Joozey

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/29/08 00:37

What are you comparing now? MED's interface with a gothic3 render?

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/29/08 10:43

@tkunze:
We fully support your game and if it becomes commercial we will not make any trouble. We follow your game for a long time and you are a good customer of Dexsoft.

You know that I always offered you more help, free packs and support.

We are WITH the indie developers and not against. And if somebody like you gets bigger then we are happy about it.

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/29/08 18:31

OK, to avoid such a discussions we corrected our licences so now you can buy our models with commercial licence also, so we avoided all guesing "what if" or so.
It is very clear now: if your company have 250.000$ or more anual ravenue than you need to order with comm licence and that will be 490$ for same pack.
Cheers
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/29/08 22:36

@tkunze , Whats so special about those gothic3 houses ? Quality is the same as Dexsoft ones. And btw , have u seen most games out ? the majority has just basic normal art , only a handfull have that insanely impressive beautifull grafix , as has always been the case with games and movies. You have a couple of gems , and a ton of turds, so you have to be insane to say the quality of the models is not up to par with the commercial stuff.

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/30/08 09:42

Thanks for the kind words.

The details from our preview images come from the combination of color, normal, specularity and height maps. You have all those textures to your availability.
Of course a preview in MED without any shader looks a bit less impressive

So you can render them with or without shaders of any kind.

Our Dexsoft-artists are working on upcoming similar and even greater stuff like you can see here:

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/30/08 11:20

this is truly magnificent!
Awesome work there .

One small notice: the edge between wall and floor in the second picture, will it have a better seam when they are finished? Looks a littlebit... empty to me .
P.S. so is the case with the roof intersection on the last .
Would also be cool if theres a little bit of algae on the walls and rooftops, makes it more natural.

Again, fantastic work there !

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/30/08 11:53

Thanks.

By the way: All polygons are connected. There is no seam between several levels of the house or between roof and house.

We could add some plants, flowers or algae to the roof and walls but that needs a layer of transparent textures then.
I am not sure if all of our customers can deal with such a feature.

Maybe it is better to add it via sprites later on in WED.

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/30/08 12:22

Quote:

By the way: All polygons are connected. There is no seam between several levels of the house or between roof and house.

Yes I understand that, but I mean some sort of shadow edge, so that the "seam", the edge betweet the two textures, is less obvious.

Quote:

Maybe it is better to add it via sprites later on in WED.

True, that thought came to my mind as well, but it still seems a little boring grey to me. Of course it depends on your scene, but might also be an idea to provide two (or more) skins with added vegetation such as algae and mosses, doesn't seem all too much work to me.

Just suggestions though, I know this level of quality is way above the average already .

EDIT:
example here:
http://www.freewebs.com/stnicholaschurchuk/Dscn7698.jpg
Not very easy to do with sprites...
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: [SELL] Medieval city house pack - DEXSOFT-Game - 01/30/08 12:43

I woudln't change a single thing, it is good as it is.
You want to provide the customer with models, not with levels.
This means, the models still have to offer basics, the atmosphere and impression of a scene is the task of the level designer, and for him, it is easier to use a sort of 'boring grey' and 'empty' house than one which already is fixed to certain colors like the green of algae.
© 2024 lite-C Forums