[model] priate

Posted By: Anonymous

[model] priate - 09/15/08 16:49

I'm looking for a free priate model to be part of a small free game.
Like this:

Can someone help me with this?
Posted By: NITRO777

Re: [model] priate - 09/15/08 19:23

I'll make one mercuryus, but usually when I offer to help 12 people offer after I have already committed. So let me rephrase it this way:

If noone else has not taken this job in 1 weeks time then I will do it! grin grin

Re: [model] priate - 09/15/08 21:35

Hi TriNitroToluene!

The week is over wink
Tomorrow (09/16/08) the game is in beta and for your great pirate the default 3dgs "guard model" must stand.

Thanx for helping (soon) - you'l be the first playing the beta - to speed up the pirate wink

Re: [model] priate - 09/15/08 21:44

ok! I'll get right on it!

Re: [model] priate - 09/20/08 15:03

OK. This is what I have so far, I am going to try VERY HARD to get this done over the weekend, but I have a huge amount of schoolwork to do. So I thought I would show you the progression so far just to let you know that Im working on it. Note that mercuryrus does not mind if this model is given to the rest of the community also, so when it is finished Ill make it freely available to download so...critique away!

Re: [model] priate - 09/20/08 15:03

Should I go with a black beard here?

Re: [model] priate - 09/20/08 17:59

Looks very good!
Very pro work - and it will look also good in my little game!

I would continue with the same redbrown hair color for the whole pirate.

[edit] btw. you can download the final beta of the game TriNitroToluene - it's the same link i sent you.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: [model] priate - 09/20/08 18:34

@ nitro, you might want to look into making the hat as seprate geometry or making a less smooth transition between the head and the hat since right now the close up shot looks like he has hair made out of clay and shaped like a boat :P
Posted By: DC9

Re: [model] priate - 09/20/08 22:18

Excellent job nitro. If I can make one suggestion, the hair for the eye brows appear straight up and down. Should they be more angular away from the centre?

Re: [model] priate - 09/20/08 22:34

Quote:
the hair for the eye brows appear straight up and down. Should they be more angular away from the centre?
Yes, they should. Thank you!

Quote:
@ nitro, you might want to look into making the hat as seprate geometry or making a less smooth transition between the head and the hat since right now the close up shot looks like he has hair made out of clay and shaped like a boat :P
Heh heh. Yeah I agree. But bear in mind that this is just a high-res edition which will only serve as a normal map superimposed upon the low-res edition. therefore if you look at the lower res model you will be able to see more delineation in the hat edges. But thats an excellent critique also. The purpose of displaying the model at multiple points along the creation is to get feedback BEFORE its all done so that I dont want to go back and change it when its finished. So thank you.

Quote:
btw. you can download the final beta of the game TriNitroToluene - it's the same link i sent you
Sweet. I like this game, I dont want to tell any details but I like the improvements, its fun.
Posted By: log2

Re: [model] priate - 09/22/08 03:12

Wow, that look very good Nitro, what program do you use to do your modeling?

Re: [model] priate - 09/22/08 22:55

Quote:
Wow, that look very good Nitro, what program do you use to do your modeling?
Thanks a lot log2! I use silo and zbrush for this model, I used maya for a lot of years but recently I like silo for most modeling needs.

Heres the finished model, and you guys can download it HERE , but the model looks bad in the game engine because I didnt do a good uv map, so there are too many seams in the model...

Posted By: cartoon_baboon

Re: [model] priate - 09/22/08 23:27

There are a lot of seams but by moving around a few (actually quite a lot of) vertices in MED skin editor all those white lines dissapear. Other than theat it looks quite nice.

Re: [model] priate - 10/08/08 13:01

Model is moved to Download link
© 2024 lite-C Forums