Shade-C v0.90 released

Posted By: BoH_Havoc

Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/05/08 14:56

I finally completed version 0.90 of Shade-C.
You can grab the new version at http://shadec.project-havoc.com

NOTE: Shade-C v0.90 is NOT compatible with older versions. I'm sorry, but to make Shade-C more userfriendly, some changes had to be made and the framework had to be rewritten.

Quote:

Recent changes:
v0.90
- Complete rewrite of the framework. Module based. Should be a lot more userfriendly now
- Bloom shader now has dynamic exposure control (one step further to real HDR-R)
- Fixed wrong tabvalues in the bloom's blur passes. Looks way better now
- Blur pass for the depth-of-field effect is now correctly up- and downsampled. Blurred regions look less "crispy" now. No more "pixelflickering".
- Volumetric Particles added.
- "All-in-One" Object-Shader added. Currently supports:
# Diffuse Lighting (up to 5 lights)
# Specular Lighting
# Environment Mapping
# Normalmapping
# Velvety Effect
# Teamcolor
# (animated) Luminancemap
# Shadowmap (uses 2nd UV Skin)
- Object-based heat-haze shader added. Supports colormap on 2nd Skin
- Object-based glass shader added. Supports Colormap on 2nd Skin
- Toon shader added. Supports Normalmap(RGB) + Hatchmap(A) on 2nd Skin
- Multitexturing shader added. Supports Normal- and Specularmaps
- Oceanshader with dynamic shoreline support and 3D-Waves added
- updated manual

I wont't be able to give much support during the next week as university is starting and i don't have internet access at my new appartment at the moment. There's internet access at the university though, so i can at least read your comments and answer your feedback smile

I really hope this version is of more use than the last one, especially as it's now module based and more userfriendly.

If you like my work, please make a small donation at the website smile

cheers

PS: Don't forget to check out the "showroom" in the demo! It's hidden in the hill
Posted By: MaxF

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/05/08 15:02

Outstanding smile
Posted By: TechMuc

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/05/08 15:07

Outstanding work man! Very convincing! and as it's even free it's also an outstanding contribution to the 3D-Gamestudio Community. Thanks you very much.

Had a look at the demo, very nice, though the resolution setting is not really working for me. Nevertheless is looks really nice! (even though i would prefere fallbacks for lowend shaders smile )

Am I allowed to implement Shade-C in my Editor (as a seperated menu point, of course with credits, and a popup message which warns the user not to implement shade-c in commercial games, to give you credits and a small donation) ? Editor Forum Topic video (freeware software)
I would be able to implement a realtime (!) editing and applying of the Shade-C shaders (therefore it's not only good for my program but also good for yours :P wink ).

Edit: had a sharper look (especially at the very well (!!!) designed manual). Really amazing!
But the one point is still missing: Fallbacks. Not every user has a 2.0 graphics device - and I think that without a fallback the fx will give out an error. Why not adding a empty pass fallback to the shader? smile

Alltogether 9/10 from what i've seen in the last 20 minutes!
Posted By: Quad

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/05/08 15:40

yeaaaaaay it s out. giving it a try now.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Boh, man i can't say anything logical right now. you know... its just awesome(couldnt find any better word here). Just go in to that shade-c cube and watch all these shaders. No one will need anything else about shaders once they have shade-c. It's really unleashes the complete power of engine(well i gues it doesnt have a lot about engine, it s about shaders itself).

i think that shade-c+TechMuc's editor thingy will be great. it's like tusc getting real.

btw, good luck with the university.
Posted By: Slin

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/05/08 16:39

I am getting white lines between the terraintexture tiles as I may already told you when telling you about frac wink
Happily there is the new _repeat feature which is going to allow for awsome terrain shaders smile

Other than that, it is of course very nice :P I especially like your presentation and the documentation.
The mega particles refraction pass seems a little strange to me. I had the idea to do the refract through deferred shading, but I haven´t really done it yet, but will do so pretty soon smile

Nice work and thanks for sharing smile

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/05/08 17:04

Quote:
Am I allowed to implement Shade-C in my Editor

Absolutely! I'd love to see that! smile
Totally forgot about simple fallback shaders, i'll add these during next week. Thanks for pointing it out smile

Quote:
I am getting white lines between the terraintexture tiles as I may already told you when telling you about frac

Yessum. As you already said, there's the new "_repeat" effect passes so the current terrain shader is more or less obsolete anyways. I think TechMuc already has a nice shader in his editor using the new _repeat feature smile Let's see how this turn out.
I tried to do the refraction pass in deffered shading, too. But then all objects have the same refractmap ... but maybe i'm just to stupid to do it any better. I'm curious how you'll do it once you have the time smile

Thanks for the feedback so far, and keep testing. I'm sure there's a ton of bugs in there wink
Posted By: Toast

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/05/08 17:30

I guess we can keep found graphical errors, can we? wink

It's the only flaw I found anyway in this amazing piece of work!

Enjoy your meal
Toast
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/05/08 22:48

I love it, I am not a fan of the yellowish volumetric particles over top of everthing whenyou press s, and I found one glitch (Ill post a pic later, basically it would appear at certain angles one seam in your skybox is shaded) but over all it is beautiful. I will probably start using this in some of my prototype project, considering it almost completely part of the engine in my view. I'll use it to replace the "eventual compilation of shaders" from conitec laugh
Posted By: zSteam

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/06/08 15:38

holy s**t thank you! I love volumetric clouds! you are the greatest dude^^
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/06/08 16:13

Originally Posted By: TechMuc
Am I allowed to implement Shade-C in my Editor (as a seperated menu point, of course with credits, and a popup message which warns the user not to implement shade-c in commercial games, to give you credits and a small donation)

You can still use it in a commercial game, according to BoH's website, but he would like a small donation, I would still put in the donation part as a recommendation though.

@BoH: the obj shaders can be used in A6 right? if not i'd just have to edit out the #defines i believe. As for how it looks, it looks really good. I would like to see it in a commercial game though. Pardon me if my faith of A7 is not that great laugh .

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/06/08 16:24

Well, when I finally upgrade to A7, and I get the ~2k I'm planning on getting in the next couple of months, and I'll have a bit of a break in bills soon so I will probably be getting started on my first project that I plan to release on my own. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy working on others projects, but the cash is a bit weak. I most definitely plan to include shade-c in it.
Posted By: maslone1

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/06/08 17:04

I love your work!
Very usefull! Thanx a lot!

cheers
Marcel
Posted By: Trooper119

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/06/08 18:34

Really sweet work, now if I only wasn't in college I would be able to afford the GStudio versions that supported shaders.

Absolutely fantastic work, great contribution.

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/09/08 10:14

Okay first bug report after 20 minutes of implementation:

1) You need 3 paths

#define PRAGMA_PATH "editor\\shade-c"
#define PRAGMA_PATH "editor\\shade-c\\bmap"
#define PRAGMA_PATH "editor\\shade-c\\fx"

(not only one). That will happen if you copy shade-c to a subfolder (as the pragma paths in sc_core.h will target a wrong folder). Please mention that in the manual.

2) No bug report, but you do not have an update instruction (for a new screen resolution). Wrote it for my own, so just contact me if you need it).

3) Bitmaps are not initalized to zero (which may cause problems if you want to check if a bitmap has already been created or not).

more to come smile

Posted By: molotov

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/09/08 13:38

Hey, I really would like to see this in action but I can't open the website and download it. Can someone help?
Thanks anyway, Molotov.

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/09/08 23:38

Really man... After 4 hourse programming I gave up because i always got errors in the following extremly important functions for me (selfwritten)

1) sc_DeActivateAll(); ==> Deactivate all effect on runtime
2) sc_Activate(number); ==> Activate single effect on runtime (like hdr, bloom etc.)
3) sc_DeActicate(number); ==> Deactivate single material on runtime
4) sc_UpdateAll(); ==> Updates all Material bmaps to a new screen resolution on runtime
5) sc_Update(number); ==> Updates a single Bitmap to a new screen resolution on runtime

If you would implement such instructions (the "ALL" instructions are of course not nessesarrily needed) this would be extremly helpful for me and i'm sure also for others.

(Especially the Update instructions are very important, as every 3D-Game Designer want to make the resolution in his game changable..)
Posted By: ello

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/10/08 09:10

btw, volumetric clouds dont work on my geforce 6800fx. they are always black

nice heat haze
Posted By: N3oz

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/10/08 10:50

Shade-C is a very nice work.

One question.
If I want to activate or deactivate HDR using game qualty options. I use sc_bHDR = 1 or sc_bHDR = 0 but not work. If I have previously use hdr it remain activated.
Where I've wrong?

Thanks
Posted By: croman

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/10/08 12:49

brilliant, this is awesome. with Shade-C 3DGS looks much more powerful then before. I cant wait for 1.0 version of it. Great work indeed
Posted By: VeT

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/10/08 14:06

yeah, great work, man smile
Posted By: Schmerzmittel

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/10/08 20:10

Also ich habe es noch nicht ausprobiert.

Aber das Demolevel.

Einfach göttlich!!!!

Ich LIEBE Dich!!!!!!!
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/10/08 20:50

How could I miss this thread?
This is absolute impressing.
Although a few effects, like the shadow of the building outside, don't work on my crappy ATI Radeon X300- frown

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/10/08 22:18

Quote:
@BoH: the obj shaders can be used in A6 right? if not i'd just have to edit out the #defines i believe. As for how it looks, it looks really good. I would like to see it in a commercial game though. Pardon me if my faith of A7 is not that great

The obj shaders should work just fine in A6 I'd say (Except for heat haze and glass). Haven't tested it, but i don't see a reason why this shouldn't work.

Quote:
1) You need 3 paths

#define PRAGMA_PATH "editor\\shade-c"
#define PRAGMA_PATH "editor\\shade-c\\bmap"
#define PRAGMA_PATH "editor\\shade-c\\fx"

(not only one). That will happen if you copy shade-c to a subfolder (as the pragma paths in sc_core.h will target a wrong folder). Please mention that in the manual.

I never tested copying the shade-c folder to a subfolder blush But you are right you could definately call this a bug as shade-c wont work then. thanks!

Quote:
3) Bitmaps are not initalized to zero (which may cause problems if you want to check if a bitmap has already been created or not).

call it done

Quote:
Really man... After 4 hourse programming I gave up because i always got errors in the following extremly important functions for me (selfwritten)

1) sc_DeActivateAll(); ==> Deactivate all effect on runtime
2) sc_Activate(number); ==> Activate single effect on runtime (like hdr, bloom etc.)
3) sc_DeActicate(number); ==> Deactivate single material on runtime
4) sc_UpdateAll(); ==> Updates all Material bmaps to a new screen resolution on runtime
5) sc_Update(number); ==> Updates a single Bitmap to a new screen resolution on runtime

from your editor thread:
Quote:
Working on the implementation of shade-c.. Pretty hard :X

I'm really sorry to hear that you have so many troubles implementing shade-c in your editor. On the other hand i'm really glad for all your feedback of course. It's always hard for the creator of a software to find all bugs and think about everything so i'm counting on your feedback guys smile

1) sc_DeActivateAll();
I think that should be very doable

2) sc_Activate(number);
How the hell could i forget about this?! Call it done

3) sc_DeActicate(number);
same as 2)

4) sc_UpdateAll();
I think this should already be possible, but i'm not exactly sure. Will look into it

5) sc_Update(number);
I'll try to realize this as well

Is there anything else you need so you can implement shade-c to your editor? I really want to see shade-c implemented in your editor ... editing the level, adding scripts, changing the shaders, all realtime ... that would be like sandbox for A7 wink

Quote:
btw, volumetric clouds dont work on my geforce 6800fx. they are always black

Hmmm that's strange, there isn't anything fancy used. It's simple ps 2.0 shaders and 2 views >.<
Could you try reading out sc_bmap_volParts and sc_bmap_volPartsFractal by shader and post pictures of the rgb and alpha channels?

Quote:
Although a few effects, like the shadow of the building outside, don't work on my crappy ATI Radeon X300-

Same as above, it's just a simple ps 2.0 shader, no floating point textures or anything else is used. What others effects are there you think aren't working correctly?

Quote:
Ich LIEBE Dich!!!!!!!

Lol, you made my day laugh
Posted By: Matt_Coles

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/11/08 08:02

completely awesome work!
Posted By: Revo

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/11/08 10:00

this is a greeeeeeeeate cuntribution!!
and i love it - but- please change the mouse_sensity in your demo.... (i dont know if its my fault - i testet it with 2 pcs - and 2 different mous (and diff settings ..) but its just to high to move arround ^^ smile
(trotzdem -
Quote:
Ich LIEBE Dich!!!!!!!
yoarr laugh :D)

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/11/08 11:48

Wonderful, thanks for your feedback. I'will be happy if i'm able to implement shade-c.. as it's a fantastic system.

Quote:

4) sc_UpdateAll();
I think this should already be possible, but i'm not exactly sure. Will look into it

yes it is possible, but already created bitmaps are NOT removed (therefore i've said the thing with bitmaps must be inited to zero ==> it's possible to remove them savely when updating your system.

On more thing. please remember, that some effects act different if another shader is (not) enabled

==> You have to change e.g. the HDR shader if you call sc_Deactivate(Blur);

Thank you very much!

When will you release the next version?

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/11/08 19:24

Ich bekomme folgende Fehlermeldung:

Weis da jemand Rat?

Ich wollte ein Terrain machen und habe versucht das einzubinden.

Vlt. gibts noch eine erklärung für Dummies?^^

Grüße
Beregron

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/11/08 19:32

ptr_remove ist so ab a7.1 eingebaut. Lad die neuste 3DGamestudio Version von der Download seite herunter.

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/11/08 19:34

Hm.

Ich hab die neue Beta drauf.

Ich probiers nochmal mit neu installieren.

Danke schon mal. Mal gucken obs geht.

Ach herje.

Ich hatte aus versehen eine alte gedownloadete Version installiert. Mensch. Augen hab ich im Kopf aber Tomaten davor!!^^

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/11/08 19:46

Ok.

Ein Fehler jagt meistens den nächsten.

Was ist das jetzt? Was mach ich nur falsch. Hilfe?!?

Werden die Shader als Objekte angezeigt? Weil in dem Level gibts bisher nur das Terrain und die Kamera. Müssten also zwei sein und nicht 11?

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/11/08 19:54

funktioniert die demo bei dir?

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/11/08 20:24

Jep die geht einwandfrei.

Ich kann aber nichts starten.

Ich bin halt ein Noob.

Eine etwas genauere Erklärung als wie in der Hilfedatei wäre lieb.

Ok. Also ich hab das Terrain von der Demo genommen. Das wird korrekt angezeigt. ABER: Darauf sehe ich kein Bump Mapping oder sonst etwas. Ich seh einfach nur die Globalmap so wie ich das beurteilen kann.

Ich habe dem Terrain (MDL) folgendes einfach zugewiesen:

action Terrain_Color()

{
my.material = sc_mtl_obj_terrain;
}

In der Main habe ich alles wie beschrieben? Oder müssen alle Shader laufen damit das geht? Und wenn ja. Wie weise ich alle Shader zu?

NOchmal Edit:

Ich habs hingebracht.
Keine Ahnung was da nicht wollte. Alles läuft jetzt einwandfrei. *FREU*

@Havoc

Wenn du mir jetzt noch verrätsts, wie ich die Bump Maps, Specular usw (also mit SUN, dynlights, static?), auf Terrain und Models zum laufen bekomme,
dann HEIRATE ich dich!

Liebe Grüße
Schmerzmittel

Posted By: Samb

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/14/08 11:20

oh my god... conitec should pay you for this and implant it into the engine.. or templates..

is it ok to leave some wishes for the next version here? laugh

- underwater effekt
- parallax mapping

thats all... I mean... com'on, its perfect! those two things are just peanuts :]

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/17/08 19:22

If you add dynamic shadows and that they can support multiple lights (not necessery) in final version this will be by far the greatest contribution for 3dgs smile
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/17/08 19:49

Superbe contribution, nicely updated smile smile

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: deathknt

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/17/08 21:11

great work thanks

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/19/08 14:39

i'm having a problem applying a normal map to my gun model.

i have created a NM and i put it into a 3rd skin of my gun model and then in code:

MATERIAL* mtl_myGunShader =
{
effect = "sc_obj_aio.fx";
}

i apply that material to my gun and my gun turns completely black. in sc_obj_aio.fx i have enabled normal mapping define:

Click to reveal..

//Use Diffuse Lighting
#define DIFFLIGHT

//Use Shadowmap
//#define SHADOWMAPPING

//Use Specular Lighting
//#define SPECLIGHT

//Use Environment Mapping
//#define ENVMAPPING

//Use Velvety Effect
//#define VELVETY

//Use Normalmapping
#define NORMALMAPPING

//Use Luminance Mapping
//#define LUMMAPPING

//Use Team Color
//#define TCOLOR

//Above Effects will react to sunlight (only needed if you have dynamic lights in your level)
//#define DOSUN

//Diffuse Lighting will react to 5 additional dynamic lights including the sun
//#define DYNLIGHTS

//Use PixelShader 2.a | set this if you get an errormessage ("code uses too many many arithmetic instruction slots")
#define PS2A

Can anyone (it would be best if Boh_Havoc could) explain to me how to apply normal map shader with shade-c?

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/19/08 14:50

okay, i figuered out how to do that but now i have another question: Does the view entities react on rotation? i ask that because when i apply a shader to my gun(view ent) and some rotating humanoid model the effect is not the same.
Posted By: Neurosys

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/21/08 01:29

Hey this is cool! I am writing my stuff in C++ using the ENGINE SDK. Can I still use this? Is there a way to feed these scripts into the engine?
Posted By: PlaystationThree

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/21/08 06:20

Could you create a workshop or something so we can know how to use this?

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/21/08 06:51

it has a documentation.

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/21/08 12:36

yea, the documentation is good, but he could expand it little more. with some examples or tutorials (for people that are not quite familiar with shaders)

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/21/08 12:45

I am sure that BoH_Havok would be happy if you would expand it...
You should know that creating a documentation is a lot of boring work which takes a lot of time.

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/21/08 13:58

hehe, i know. well i understood everything except adding shaders to models in level (i understood it but not completely) and i think that small example or just small written tutorial could be great

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/21/08 14:24

I'll upload the source of the demolevel once i have the time + internet access at home (=> weekend). That should get you started.
If you have more suggestions: Keep them coming smile

I'll reply to the other posts at the weekend, too.

*vanishes from the internet again and goes back to work*

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/21/08 22:07

I'm still waiting for this to be version 1.x to add it to our "for developers" section! laugh

You've done a good job BoH, I've devoted myself to making small changes to the toon shader, and am trying new stuff. Thanks for it by the way, you're going in Kino One's credits smile.
Posted By: erbismi

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/22/08 14:00

I think there may be something wrong with the water shader, the reflections of these flames are going crazy:

Apart from that, these shaders are awwwwweeessssommmmee! definately one of the greatest things ever to happen to gamestudio
Posted By: Hitsch

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 10/24/08 16:58

Your shaders really blow my mind. And from what I can understand from the code you've already released, I think it's not that hard to add your shaders to existing scenes. I just portet my scene to light-c for this but I just can't get the shaders to work with my objects. The DoF-Effect I tried so far. Well I'm rather new to GS...

I'm looking forward to see how the source code looks like, maybe I can get it to work then.

Thanks for your great work!

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 11/02/08 10:18

any news?

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 11/04/08 18:10

erbismi: the waterplane has to has a z value of 0, otherwise you will get bugs. Example: vector(102,9212,0) works, vector(102,9212,1) does not work. I hope i will be able to fix this soon.

I'm still working on shade-c of course, but university is more important for me now / needs more time. We are having lots of workshops in 3dsmax, photoshop, illustrator and whatnot. There's also lots of homework to do. A typical day currently looks like this: Go to university, get home in the afternoon, do the homework, go to sleep. It's a little stressful at the moment, but hey: it's fun! smile
Workshops in Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop are finished and the others will also come to an end in ~2 weeks, so i have more time for other things again.

I actually did work a little on shade-c however as i want to further improve it myself. Here's what has been done so far:

- enabling/disabling/changing post processing effects at runtime is working 85%. HDRR is still producing errors in some cases. getting this finished has highest priority

- started on a new ambience occlusion shader. It's finally a good looking one, kinda like the "stochastic global illumination"-option you see in some modeling apps. It's not useable for games at the moment however as there are some artifacts in some cases. has low priority atm.

- started working on screen spaced shadows. If this turn out well, you could virtually use unlimited lights which would all cast dynamic soft shadows. This is still in a very early stage. Have to do some more geek talk with the guys at the university. High priority (as this is really interisting to realize and .. well... we all want dynamic soft shadows don't we? smile )

That's it for now. I will release the next version when enabling/disabling/changing post processing effects works correctly so TechMuc can integrate Shade-C into his wysiwyg-editor.

have a nice week everyone! smile
Posted By: William

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 11/04/08 19:37

I've been implementing this new version. And am having an old problem where it looks like the DOF affects everything my very large levels. I was wondering, how would I get it so I could see the depthmap, and have it displayed on screen? In the old version I did this:

s_ppe(1,"s_showRT.fx",nullvector);
s_ppeTex(1,1,s_bmap_depth);

This would help to debug it, as things changed since I last worked with the old version for testing. But now I'm at the point where I want to get it working well. And I just love what you've done here, thanks so much for continuing to work on this! smile

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 11/04/08 21:22

nice to see that things are still going, however slow, they are going. And that's good. xXxDisciple is looking into making an active inline like what is used in the naruto shader, if he gets this working I'll probably be adding it to the Toon shader that I have modified, possibly even add up to 8 lights to the shader as well. So far I've changed it a bit myself, and if anyone is interested I can post code.

BoH: Nice to hear from ya, good luck with shade c development.

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 11/05/08 00:35

good luck with your uni work, very similar to what I'm studying at the moment and it doesn't offer too much of a break
Posted By: 0mega

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 11/11/08 00:10

Originally Posted By: BoH_Havoc
I'm still working on shade-c of course, but partying and getting drunk is more important for me now / needs more time.

Fixed for clarity! :p

/0mega
a fellow student of Havoc :>
Posted By: Drew

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 11/13/08 01:17

i CANT WAIT for the ambient occlusion shader, I was even considering switching to a different engine for this, but realized I'm happy with 3DGS.

Any idea when you might release it? even a rough version would be killer, I'm so tired of baking in AO.

Thanks!
Posted By: RyuMaster

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 11/13/08 13:11

Hi! Is it normal that motion blur shader works only in while(1) loop? Like, if I add it only once, I see no effect?
//////////////////////////////////////////
sc_ppAdd(sc_mtl_pp_HBlur, camera, 0);
sc_mtl_pp_HBlur.skill1 = 0.1;

And I wonder, is it possible to use glass shader as simple real-time mirror? I see there are reflection headers, but they have no their own materials or something.

Shade-C v0.91 : Ambience Occlusion is on it's way - 11/16/08 18:28

Quote:
Hi! Is it normal that motion blur shader works only in while(1) loop? Like, if I add it only once, I see no effect?

no, this shouldn't be the case. Try setting sc_mtl_pp_HBlur.skill1 = 0.1; before calling sc_ppAdd

Code:

that should be it.
And thanks for the hint with motionblur! I never thought of using a simple horizontal & vertical blur to create a motion blur effect. But now you mention it, it's actually possible. I will add motion blur to my to do list. smile

Quote:
And I wonder, is it possible to use glass shader as simple real-time mirror? I see there are reflection headers, but they have no their own materials or something.

No, sorry, you can't do that with the glass shader. But a mirror function would be nice. Also added to my to-do list.

In other news: Ambience Occlusion is coming along nicely!

Still needs work, but it looks waaaay better than yesterday smile

The pictures above use an encoded depthmap with 50000 quants depth at the moment (which is the same as camera.clip_far!So yeah, it should be enough for most applications smile ). The downside is, that in order to encode the depthmap i had to kick out the dynamic water depth for the watershader. Have to think about a solution here...do you guys actually use dynamic waterdepth? laugh

hope you like it smile

cheers

[edit] forgot to mention: The ssao shader needs pixelshader 2.a, framerate is around ~27fps with all features of Shade-C enabled and a resolution of 1024x768. No floating point textures are used
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Ambience Occlusion is on it's way - 11/16/08 18:33

looks great.

BTW: could you check your pms?

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Ambience Occlusion is on it's way - 11/16/08 19:45

looks awesome,

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Ambience Occlusion is on it's way - 11/16/08 19:55

Now a little blur and it looks awsome smile
I am curious on what technique you are using. I am trying around with some depthbased and also with some normal based stuff, but I am not happy with both of them... Not even with their combination wink.

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Ambience Occlusion is on it's way - 11/16/08 20:39

Thanks everybody smile

Quote:
I am curious on what technique you are using. I am trying around with some depthbased and also with some normal based stuff, but I am not happy with both of them... Not even with their combination wink.

I also toyed around with a combination of scene-normals and scene-depth but always got strange results. When using the actual model normalmaps it works as it should:

As for the technique:
The depthmap gets refracted by a noisemap and then the original depthmap gets substracted from the blurred one. I do this like 32 times (each time with slightly different texcoords and tilingfactors) and then divide the result by 32 . I think that's basically it. If you are interisted, i can send you a copy of the shader sometime next week. Maybe we can work something out together on how to correctly use the scene-normals to create a more realistic look smile

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Ambience Occlusion is on it's way - 11/17/08 01:35

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. really looking forward to it.
Posted By: RyuMaster

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Ambience Occlusion is on it's way - 11/17/08 21:46

Quote:
no, this shouldn't be the case. Try setting sc_mtl_pp_HBlur.skill1 = 0.1; before calling sc_ppAdd

Thanks, this will probably do it!

I'm glad You found motion blur idea useful smile
Mirror-shader would be superb, but actually it is very hard to make it working, I spent many days still no luck. There is horizontal mirror shader
in default 3dgs shaders file, but when it comes to vertical - many problems arise up from nowhere ^_^
Posted By: HPW

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Ambience Occlusion is on it's way - 11/22/08 15:59

This is a great shader lib. smile

Here is a little hint:
Do you know that includes shouldn't have a ; at line end in Lite-C? http://www.conitec.net/beta/include.htm
But all PRAGMA_... need a ; at line end. http://www.conitec.net/beta/define.htm
I mentioned only to avoid problems now and in the future.

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Ambience Occlusion is on it's way - 11/25/08 05:59

Shade-C is AWESOME.
I love tinkering around with realtime DOF (although for some reason I still cant get it to autofocus ;p )
Combined with lightmaps...wow.
Next mission is to try it with the all in one shader...I assume I could put these lightmaps in skin 4?

test images:

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Ambience Occlusion is on it's way - 11/25/08 06:08

nice work drew laugh I haven't managed to get it to autofocus either. Can't wait for the next update BoH_Havoc

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Ambience Occlusion is on it's way - 11/25/08 07:48

btw, i also tried to make autofocus and failed.. so we are waiting smile
Posted By: Helghast

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Ambience Occlusion is on it's way - 11/25/08 09:10

Hi Drew,
nice to see you a bit more active again on these boards ^__^

Im gonna try and implement the new shade-c into my RPG game.
I did get autofocus to work on the old version...

i'll post my updates as well then laugh

regards,

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Ambience Occlusion is on it's way - 11/25/08 13:08

To get autofocus to work call sc_DoFautofocus() after calling sc_setup() (dunno if that's the right name of the function im at the uni atm, have a look at the manual)

sc_DoFautofocus(depth, focusspeed, on) (again, dunno if this is correct, depth & focusspeed might be switched)

depth = maximal depth autofocus should react to (you can set this to 50000)
focusspeed = speed of the focus from sharp to blurred (set this to 500 to see if it works, set to a lower value to get smooth transitions)
on = set to 1 to activate autofocus, otherwise 0

hope this helps smile

ps: started on projective softshadows for omnilights. watch out for the weekend smile

edit:
Quote:
Next mission is to try it with the all in one shader...I assume I could put these lightmaps in skin 4?

exactly, put the shadowmap on entSkin4. Keep in mind that it will use the 2nd uv skin!

Shade-C v0.91 : Projective Shadowmapping - 11/27/08 20:24

First working projective shadowmapping for omni lights:

a little blur (screen spaced, nothing fancy)

Going to add variance shadowmapping now and then optimize the whole thing (frustrum culling, depth based poly clipping, etc). This'll take a while, but the first big step has been done smile

Posted By: Samb

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Projective Shadowmapping - 11/27/08 20:33

now, if conitec won't buy this then I don't know...
great work! laugh

hope there will be also self-shadowmapping :]
so awesome..

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Projective Shadowmapping - 11/27/08 20:43

Quote:
hope there will be also self-shadowmapping :]

It's more or less impossible to NOT have selfshadowing when using projective shadowmapping smile
So yeah, selfshadowing is already "implemented". wink

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Projective Shadowmapping - 11/27/08 22:59

The screens look great! Will this work for dynamic lights too?

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Projective Shadowmapping - 11/27/08 23:06

killer! hopefully there will be a way to control the amount and color of the shadows.

awesome work! cant wait to try this

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Projective Shadowmapping - 11/27/08 23:13

Thanks smile

Quote:
Will this work for dynamic lights too?

Yes, that's the whole idea. If you move the light or objects around, the shadow will move/react accordingly. It's the same as with stencil shadows, except that its faster in most cases if done correctly, you can do real softshadows, meshes don't have to be closed and you can use alpha maps (grass casts shadows, etc) and sprites which will also cast correct shadows. I think even particles could cast shadows this way, but i havn't tested this so i might be wrong here.

[edit]
Quote:
killer! hopefully there will be a way to control the amount and color of the shadows.

Already implemented smile

The hard part is to make this whole thing fast enough to use it in a real game along with other shaders and scripts. I try to get this done by christmas so you guys get a nice present on Dec 24th/25th. But don't count on it eh? wink

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Projective Shadowmapping - 11/28/08 01:03

Even more amazing then, the main reason I didn't use stencil was due to the mesh closed issues, and some other they seemed to have. Right now I'm using decal shadows, and there working quite nice, but it never hurts to have a greater option for those who have comps to render it. Looking forward to your progress. smile

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 11/29/08 20:19

Implemented variance shadowmapping

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 11/29/08 21:09

this will make life sooo much easier, no more baking of lighting!
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 11/29/08 21:31

Fantastic Boh_Havoc! You did a great job so far. This is one of the best projects around this community.

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 11/29/08 21:47

awesome, cant wait to get my hands on this <well, yeah, some word of perfection and awesomeness goes here.>
Posted By: Xarthor

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 11/29/08 21:48

One word:
AWESOME!! smile

well, I can't say anything else besides that you did a great job so far!
keep it up!

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 11/29/08 22:14

Wow, this looks incredible. I just hope that there aren´t too many things one can´t see on the screenshots but are making them unusable...

Lately I was looking a little into shadowmapping with pointlights as I just for fun am creating a little cave scene when I need to get out of the stuff I should do instead... and I am really missing shadows there.
Is there any article you can recomment me besides this great one: http://http.developer.nvidia.com/GPUGems/gpugems_ch12.html ?
Posted By: txesmi

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 11/29/08 22:16

great!!
thanks a lot, it is what i was lookig for.

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 11/30/08 00:11

Wow, thanks for the kind words guys! Much appreciated smile

Quote:
I just hope that there aren´t too many things one can´t see on the screenshots but are making them unusable...

There's only one thing that i can think of at the moment that is making the shadows unusable for outdoor scenes: The sky gets rendered black. I don't think it's too hard to fix that (hopefully ^^).
Apart from that the current depthmap gets rendered to a fp16 texture instead of plain old 32bit. The whole thing works with 32bit if really needed, but you get some nasty artifacts on the smooth shadow areas sometimes. This is a known "bug" with variance shadowmapping. I'm thinking of creating a simple fallback without variance shadowmapping for 32bit so the whole thing can be used on a wider range of hardware.
Everything else is working just fine and i hope it stays that way smile

Quote:
Is there any article you can recomment me besides this great one: http://http.developer.nvidia.com/GPUGems/gpugems_ch12.html ?

Unfortunally, no there isn't. At least i haven't found one. But to get you started, here's some code:

vertex shader:
//cube-projection
output.position_world = mul(position, matWorld).xyz;
output.LightDir = (vecLightPos[0].xyz - output.position_world);

pixelshader:
depthmap = texCUBE(depthSampler, -float4(input.LightDir.xyz, 1.0f));

Basically you just have to take a shadowmapping shader of your choice and put these 3 lines in. The good thing about all this is that you don't need special light matrices for your projection anymore and can use matEffect1-8 for other things smile

Now back to optimizing that shader...
Posted By: ventilator

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 11/30/08 04:49

this looks really great. does it work with several light sources? i think you should also add PSSM for outdoor sun light shadows, make sure everything works well together and then sell it to jcl. he said he would buy such things. maybe you could also work together with slin for PSSM? it would be great to have all of this in one compatible and easy to use package.
Posted By: Shadow969

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 11/30/08 14:40

this. is. awesome. laugh
Posted By: Rayn

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 11/30/08 16:33

Excellent, excellent work!!!

I followed Chris3Ds attempt on the shadows and he had problems with the omni-lights when running them on Vista. Does this run on Vista?

Keep up the good work! Best of luck!

Rayn

On Chris3D: http://www.coniserver.net/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=205203&page=11

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 11/30/08 19:47

great job!

Originally Posted By: ventilator
...and then sell it to jcl. he said he would buy such things...

please better sell it yourself. since i guess i am not the only one who dont want to by a8 for this smile

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 12/07/08 18:17

hey i just got a7 last night and got shade-c, only to notice ssao is disabled and the shadowmapping isnt even in yet, and known time on when it will be out?

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 12/07/08 22:23

Quote:
does it work with several light sources?

Not yet, I'm still optimizing everything for one light so it runs at the highest framerate possible. Once this is done, i will add support for more lights.

Quote:
i think you should also add PSSM for outdoor sun light shadow

Working on it. I'm still reading through all the papers of PSSM, LiPSM, CSM, etc. and am trying to figure out which one to use.

Quote:
Does this run on Vista?

I have no idea. I don't even know if it runs on Ati cards as i only have nvidia cards laying around. This will be figured out by the beta testers.

Quote:
hey i just got a7 last night and got shade-c, only to notice ssao is disabled and the shadowmapping isnt even in yet, and known time on when it will be out?

I try to get the next version done by christmas eve so you have something to play with during holidays wink

HeelX just sent me some pictures of rendering errors. Anyone else got these problems? If so, could you please post your system configuration so i can try to figure out what the problem is? (left: no sunstorm -> bugs, right: with sunstorm -> everything works fine)

Posted By: DoC

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 12/07/08 22:50

ati card? ^^

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 12/07/08 23:28

yeah i get those errors on my laptop with an ati card, nvidia on my desktop works fine

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 12/08/08 07:37

i'll test it this evening. i have vista AND ati.. so it may give a shock smile
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 12/08/08 18:41

i'll test it.

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 12/08/08 19:11

works fine here on vista64 with ati radeon hd4800. no visible errors

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 12/08/08 23:46

BoH_Havoc, what about "falloff" shader? i have heard about it some good comments wink

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 12/14/08 02:12

1st level (hallway) using rendered lightmaps, i'm so glad A7 supports them out of the box now! I have o work on the padding on the bake...i keep getting gaps in my unwraps...

There's a rough playable exe on my blog, yes the DOF is very heavy, but there's something cool about it... I'll dial it in soon. I love shade-c!! The HDR/bloom works really well here...
Blog

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 12/14/08 22:01

please, replase this blue cursor laugh

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 12/15/08 01:04

yeah, its painful... from A7 templates
Posted By: Edgecrusher

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 12/15/08 17:54

looks almost like a photo

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 12/16/08 03:27

that would be my ultimate goal...maybe as good as CG or photo smile
thanks

Couldn't be done without shade-c. I want to try to add normal maps soon, but am having a tough time getting the ambient light right in a per pixel environment.

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 12/20/08 18:05

@boh_havoc - still planning to complete variance shadowmapping till christmas?

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 12/24/08 15:00

Nice scene Drew! smile

cerberi_croman: I planned to release it today, but wasn't able to finish it in time. However, as you may already know, Slin contributed a very nice collection of shadowmapping techniques today!

Just for further reference, here's the link:
http://www.coniserver.net/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=242546&page=1

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 12/24/08 15:32

yup, i know about slin's contribution but i'm using shade-c so i'd prefer your having your shadows implemented.

you didnt get to finish it today, when do you plan to finish it? smile

Re: Shade-C v0.91 : Variance Shadowmapping - 01/02/09 23:55

I have some problems with DOF, Terrain and the "All in One" Shaders of your lib. This is all I tested so far.

The first screenshot shows how DOF reacts on tilt camera rotation.
Booth scenes are from the same position and on the second scene the camera is rotated down. The first scene should have DOF like the second scene but it pops away in some situations.
Sorry for the large picture but this is the original height and not scaled down to show how it exactly looks like.

The second screenshot shows also how DOF reacts on tilt rotations but on the Objects itself. I have marked the problem of the DOF in the second scene with the red line.

The last screenshot shows a problem I have with the terrain shader and the original terrain of your demo level in my project. The same terrain works fine in your demo level!

The "All in One" shader doesn't react on the sunlight. Is there a way to get it working?
The settings for sc_obj_aio.fx:
Code:
//Use Diffuse Lighting
#define DIFFLIGHT

//Use Shadowmap
//#define SHADOWMAPPING

//Use Specular Lighting
#define SPECLIGHT

//Use Environment Mapping
#define ENVMAPPING

//Use Velvety Effect
#define VELVETY

//Use Normalmapping
#define NORMALMAPPING

//Use Luminance Mapping
#define LUMMAPPING

//Use Team Color
#define TCOLOR

//Above Effects will react to sunlight (only needed if you have dynamic lights in your level)
//#define DOSUN

//Diffuse Lighting will react to 5 additional dynamic lights including the sun
#define DYNLIGHTS

//Use PixelShader 2.a | set this if you get an errormessage ("code uses too many many arithmetic instruction slots")
#define PS2A

Posted By: NeoNeper

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/08/09 19:05

helloo . the Link to lower the broken publisher this. Somebody has one that functions there? Please! It wanted used very
Posted By: Hitsch

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/09/09 08:13

Very cryptic question... feeds the puzzle child in me smile

You're asking for a working link? I just tried BOH_HAVOC's link and it works fine for me.
Or do you have problems using it?

so long...

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/09/09 10:39

Hey Boh_havoc, can you make a single DoF shader? (because i just need the DoF shader)

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/09/09 21:48

If I remember correctly, you can use the shaders from his collection separately.

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/10/09 14:45

Nope, I can't.

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/10/09 15:38

From the homepage's feature list:

""All-in-One" Shader. "Click together" your personal shader:"

But, maybe, you are right, and one can't use DoF separately from others.

CHrisB showed somewhere a single DoF, maybe, it is in the wiki, I don't know.

The main advantage of Shade-C is actually that those shaders work together which is one of the more difficult part in shader programming.

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/10/09 16:02

Nah, There aren't anything in the wiki, just Boh_havoc's DoF. and it's in shade-c. Please Boh_havoc make a single DoF.

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/11/09 17:29

HPW:
I'd say you are using a custom resolution for your game. Now that i think about it, i never tested if shade-c works with 16:9 resolutions. I'll have a look at it.
Please send over a testapplication so i can have a look at your problem.

Cowabanga: If you only want DoF, simply open sc_main.c and comment all the #includes out, except for sc_dof.h and sc_dof.c. You then only have access to DoF. Have a look at the manual for more information ("Customizing Shade-C" -> "Modules").

@all:
- Added support for 4 Lights for the shadowmapping Shader.
- Added a basic frustrum culling function for the shadows. This results in the shadows not getting rendered when not on screen. Still needs lots of work though.
- Added simple support for translucent materials. Objects like colored glass and similar things will get projected an the scene according to the lights position. (Think of light shining through the coloured glasses you have in a church)
- Optimized the Screen Space Ambience Occlusion Shader. It now has less edge bleeding.
- Created a first version of Screen Spaced Global Illumination. As far as i know nobody ever did this before. So far all GI shaders were object based. Of course my results aren't as accurate as the ones from the object based versions...but it's A LOT faster and actually useable in a real time application smile Will post screenshots in the next days!

Sorry for the lack of updates. I moved to a new flat again (this time it should be final smile ) and don't have internet access yet.

Watch out for the ssgi update and thanks for all the feedback so far!
If everything goes well i think i will finally release the next version of shade-c at the end of january smile
Posted By: Foxfire

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/11/09 17:40

"Created a first version of Screen Spaced Global Illumination. As far as i know nobody ever did this before. So far all GI shaders were object based. Of course my results aren't as accurate as the ones from the object based versions...but it's A LOT faster and actually useable in a real time application Will post screenshots in the next days!"

Thats really awesome but in my engine Iridium, I use screen space ambient, diffuse, specular, and emissive global illumination so this has already been done. It's definatley worth continuing though as this is a new global illumination solution and can obviously be different from mine. Check out our game featuring my Iridium Engine at http://GroundTacticsGame.com

-Michael-

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/11/09 22:36

@BoH_Havoc: The first DOF problem still exists with 1024x768, but the second looks like a problem with 16:10 (1680x1050). The first problem also exists with your testlevel. Just start the testlevel and rotate the cam tilt to look with the center at the water in direction of your human models and after that look directly on your human models. You can see a different on the human models blurring of the DOF shader. But maybe it's just with some graphic cards or drivers. I have a Nvidia 9800GTX and the latest drivers.
To give you a test application it needs some changes. This can need some time (I think 2 or 3 days).

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/12/09 02:19

GI.... drool.
looking forward to it!!!!!

foxfire- i went to your site, but only has drawings...any screens?

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/12/09 09:39

cool, boh_havoc. i am really curious about the new features...
foxfire, watch your forum. its full of cialis and p0rn spam.. this could fire back to the forums owner, and i couldnt find shots as well.

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/12/09 12:57

Oh, Thanks Boh_havoc smile.

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/12/09 13:30

OK, I give up! there are another shaders functions, and when i modify these function, it willn't work. Can anyone make it?

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/12/09 14:18

forum is not his fault nor mine. it's just like that cause of admin i think. he need to delete all that... i'll report him that, again smile

btw screenshots will be there soon when FoxFire's "engine" is implemented in the game and we finish some other stuff...you can expect them soon smile

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/12/09 23:21

Eine Frage:

Wenn ich sc_dofDynFocus() aufrufe, dann stürtzt die Engine mit dem ERROR 1513 Crash in sc_dofDynFocus ab.

Woran liegt das. Ich rufe den befehl genau nach sc_setup() auf. Die Werte hab ich schon durchprobiert.

Danke schon mal.
Posted By: Rondidon

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/13/09 21:11

Hello guys,

I`m planning to use Shade-C 0.9 in my project and have a problem with it: When I want to switch the resolution by video_set(1680,1050,32,1) the engine crashes (D3d lost). If I don`t include Shade-C the error doesn`t happen. Does this have to do with my 3d card/driver (Nvidia 8800GTS 512, newest driver)?

Greetings,
Robin

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/13/09 21:33

change resolution before shadec_init
Posted By: MAGA

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/13/09 21:53

Is it possible to use Shade-C with C-Script? How?
Posted By: Rondidon

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/13/09 21:54

Quote:

This doesn`t work for me because I use different resolutions for the main menu and the game. Plus you can toggle the resolution in the ingame menu. All this works by video_set.

@Maga: No, you can just use this with Lite-C. Of course you could convert all the code to C-Script, but instead of this I recomment you to convert your own project to Lite-C.

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/13/09 22:01

You can use it with c-script but it is a bit tricky and I always forget how to do it :P

Rondidon: If there is already a function to disable shade-c, just disable it before changing the resolution and enable it again. But I have no idea if that is already possible...

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/13/09 22:03

Originally Posted By: Rondidon
Quote:

This doesn`t work for me because I use different resolutions for the main menu and the game. Plus you can toggle the resolution in the ingame menu. All this works by video_set.

Then, you probably have to init shade-c on each level start.

EDIT: Ups, you've been faster! smile
Originally Posted By: Slin
You can use it with c-script but it is a bit tricky and I always forget how to do it :P

Maybe, you could write it down, when you remember it! Just in case! wink Hope you don't mind my commentary. I know you are doing already sooo much!

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/13/09 22:09

Any way can any one help me with it? frown

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/13/09 22:25

I once tried to explain it here: http://www.coniserver.net/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=209333

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/13/09 22:33

Thank you smile I'll try. I was looking for good DoF effect, I hope its will work with my project wink

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/14/09 11:41

Originally Posted By: Cowabanga
OK, I give up! there are another shaders functions, and when i modify these function, it willn't work. Can anyone make it?

Anyone please! I need it!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/14/09 17:32

Boh_Havoc said he will implent a change resolution function, also a enalbe/disable function for each shader
Posted By: Darkyyes

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 01/21/09 04:35

Having a problem with t7_biped_players camera
i can get shade-c to work, but i cant move around with the biped_player
i can set static pos points and use shade-c but i cant move around with it.
it worked with lite-c half done khmovement.
Posted By: Tai

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 02/07/09 23:45

Would you be able to release the source of the demolevel BoH? I'm having troubles implementing it/getting it working, so a source code for a working level would help immensely.

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 02/18/09 11:45

Anyone who knows how to get this thing to work? :S
it wont show heathaze,cloud/nothing with particles at all, water, the glass shader only gives the colour black. etc

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 02/18/09 22:55

Just wanted to say hi and tell you guys that i'm still working on shade-c. I have tons and tons of work to do for university at the moment, but i'm also doing stuff here that is realted to shade-c. As we are working with 3dsmax here i ported some of the shaders from shade-c to 3dsmax to test them out. While doing that i found a few bugs in the "All in One" Shader and fixed them.
From now on i will create all shaders with the help of 3dsmax, as its not as forgivable as 3dgs when it comes to shadercode. That way, all shaders should be correctly written, without any float3<->float4 conversion bugs and the likes.

I will release the 3dsmax shaders together with the next version of shade-c. With it, you can test out shadersettings direclty in max, bake shadows, etc. The end result will be the same as in 3dgs. That should boost your workflow until we finally get that wysiwyg editor wink

For those interisted, i'm currently rewriting parts of shade-c to make more use of deferred rendering. That should boost performance a bit, but will also increase visuals in some cases and makes it easier for me when working on ssao and ssgi.

Some shots of the All-in-One shader in max's viewport:

Darkyyes: Sounds like you don't have the commercial/pro version of A7 ? If so, you can't use shade-c as it needs shader- and render-to-texture support.

I will release a demolevel with source as soon as i can. I can't release the source of the current demolevel as ... well... i don't have it anymore. Lost it as my PC crashed while working on the demolevel.

have a nice week everyone! smile

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 02/18/09 23:33

AWSOME! Nice pictures! laugh
I got A7 7.7 com wink

by the way, I am sending you a pm.

Quote:
For those interisted, i'm currently rewriting parts of shade-c to make more use of deferred rendering. That should boost performance a bit, but will also increase visuals in some cases and makes it easier for me when working on ssao and ssgi.

Really interested, everything that increases fps and no visual loss is always welcome! smile
your progress is awsome boc smile

3DS MAX SUPPORT FOR SHADERS!! YESS!!! THANK YOU!!(sorry caps, just very excited :D)

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 02/20/09 03:42

Nice! looking forward to it, great...great idea of using the same shader in max.. can't wait!
Posted By: Helghast

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 02/20/09 11:01

and what about us Maya users ? :P

anyway, good job so far! keep rocking!

regards,

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 02/21/09 19:56

Helghast: I think the Shaders should also work in maya as it's from autodesk, too. I can't tell for sure though as i don't have maya wink

Finally got ssgi working. No pixelflickering anymore, good framerate (~120fps) ... well, it's actually useable. Only thing though is that the final composition doesn't looks that good at the moment, still have to tweak it a little more smile

The actual scene:

Ambience Occlusion:

Indirect Lighting:

Final Scene (Additive):

Final Scene (Multiplicative):

It's just not looking "right" at the moment >.< But at least the pixelflickering and bad fps is gone smile
Posted By: rojart

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 02/22/09 04:00

I had very little time to test it, seems to work fine for me.
Only sometimes the normal mapping on my entities looks a bit too flat, a bug?
Respect and big thanks for taking the time at this project.

PS: I will donate you project.

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 02/22/09 12:19

Well for the ones who havent got it to work, dont use fog, the water shader doesnt have a no fog function so it will be rendered completely black. me and boc havoc sat last night figuring why people were having these problems;)
also for water reflec to work properly do not use anti aliasing it will make the reflection go all over the place
I do suggest not to have for example
Code:
while (1) 
{
	vec_set(mouse_pos,mouse_cursor);		
	wait(1);
}

function before sc_setup()
I found out that because of that while function it made volumetric particles invisible and water not working + dof shader wouldnt work.
but instead have it after sc_setup()
after these steps, now shade-c should work, for water to look its best it needs sc_dof

I am going to make a tutorial|tip document regarding shade-c
also there is a maybe that I will create a viewing of the workflow for the textures.

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 02/23/09 00:39

rojart
in obj_aio shader you have the line
float bumpStrength = 2; // bumpmapping strength
try increasing bump strenght to 3 or 4, or whatever number until your satisfied with the look

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 02/24/09 17:07

It's great to know your still working on this, and the 3ds Max compatibility is the best, that way we know it will most likely work on a large range of computers.

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 02/24/09 17:11

Tried removing fog, still no luck.
HDR effect crashes my game.

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 02/24/09 17:34

what error message did you get?

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 02/24/09 20:27

None. It quit out and I got the typical acknex.exe has stopped working.

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 02/25/09 03:53

Originally Posted By: Darkyyes
float bumpStrength = 2; // bumpmapping strength
try increasing bump strenght to 3 or 4, or whatever number until your satisfied with the look

Darkyyes
Yes, I had already tested this option, but I´ve noticed that only occurs when I uncomment the #define DYNLIGHTS in sc_obj_aio.fx effect file (Diffuse Lighting definition).

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 03/04/09 11:23

Final Scene (Multiplicative):

man, i love you laugh

Shade-C: Deferred Shading - 03/11/09 02:07

Toyed around with deferred shading. Here are the results smile

Soldier models by Darkyyes (thanks dude!)

Original scene, no shaders:

Deferred shading, environment lighting + normalmapping + sun light

Deferred shading, + specular lighting

Deferred shading, + full support for 8 lights (or more...)

Now for the best part: runs at ~320 fps! smile

Environment lighting could also be dynamic as only a simple 32x192 cubemap is used which could be rendered ingame on the fly. I'll give it a try in the next days.

Well, what do you think? smile

[edit] pictures are scaled down by the forum, to see them in full resolution, right click -> show picture.

Re: Shade-C: Deferred Shading - 03/11/09 02:08

As the forum allows only 6 pics per post, here's the rest

Indoor, no environment lighting:

Re: Shade-C: Deferred Shading - 03/11/09 02:13

Seems like you put them to good use man! smile

Re: Shade-C: Deferred Shading - 03/11/09 02:54

@BoH_Havoc, Fantastic work man, on the texture I see the ssao or only lightmapping?
For compatibility reasons, you can update the new A7 7.70 version.

@Darkyyes, really nice model.

Re: Shade-C: Deferred Shading - 03/11/09 08:53

awesome.

Re: Shade-C: Deferred Shading - 03/11/09 14:17

brilliant, as always wink

Re: Shade-C: Deferred Shading - 03/11/09 15:34

It looks as if there are some specmaps missing on the soldier?^^
And how are you going to handle reflections, transparency/refractions and antialiasing? :P

But anyways, it looks of course very nice smile

In case you could still have some need for it, here is some nice article to look at ;): http://mtlung.blogspot.com/2009/03/accumulative-screen-space-ambient.html (thanks to mk1 who pointed me to it yesterday ;))

Re: Shade-C: Deferred Shading - 03/11/09 15:52

This is awesome! Keep up the good work. smile

Re: Shade-C: Deferred Shading - 03/11/09 16:42

Quote:
It looks as if there are some specmaps missing on the soldier?^^

There is a specmap, but it's way too bright. Was too tired to fix it yesterday laugh

Quote:
And how are you going to handle reflections, transparency/refractions and antialiasing? :P

I have an idea about reflections/refractions. No idea if it works, but it's worth a try smile I'll let you know if it works out (You are also working on dedicated deferred shading if i remember correctly? smile )
Transparency and antialiasing are indeed a problem. There only is simple transparency supported at the moment via clip() and i think there won't be anything better in the final version. Antialiasing will be a mixture of edge detect and blur. Not optimal, but better than no antialiasing at all. There is a method to use real AA while using MRTs, but as far as i know, it only works with D3D10.

Quote:
In case you could still have some need for it, here is some nice article to look at ;): http://mtlung.blogspot.com/2009/03/accumulative-screen-space-ambient.html (thanks to mk1 who pointed me to it yesterday ;))

Nice! Thanks for that! smile

Re: Shade-C: Deferred Shading - 03/11/09 18:23

I looked a little into deferred shading and it worked very well, but I´ve got other projects to work on at the moment and thus I didn´t invest more than a weekend into it.

The _bmap feature does now btw also work with render targets, this could may help a little in case you haven´t seen it yet...

I think you´ve seen the gpu gems article in your collection about the deferred shading in stalker?^^ They are using forward rendering for reflection and refraction... I tried that once as well and it works wuite well, but any deferred way would of course be much nicer wink

I am looking forward to more smile
Posted By: MokyjeBrute

Re: Shade-C: Deferred Shading - 03/12/09 11:45

@cowabanga: do you always just use some small comment? i mean look at that! it's the brave and you do not but you can't code!

Re: Shade-C: SSAO AWESOMENESS - 03/13/09 03:01

Alright guys, i know it's not nice to brag about once own work and i normally don't do that (in fact it's the first time i ever do it i think)...BUT HOLY COW LOOK AT THIS AWESOME GFX! SSAO FINALLY WORKING!

THANKS AGAIN TO DARKYYES FOR PROVIDING THESE EXCELLENT MODELS!

(again: right click -> show picture)

currently runs at ~150 fps. It will be even faster and maybe prettier if i have this answered: http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=255857#Post255857

[edit] sorry for the bragging laugh I'm just so happy to finally get ssao working smile smile smile
Posted By: adoado

Re: Shade-C: SSAO AWESOMENESS - 03/13/09 05:37

Nice work!

Quote:
I'm just so happy to finally get ssao working

Indeed, I bet a lot of us are :P laugh

Nice work!

Adoado
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Shade-C: SSAO AWESOMENESS - 03/13/09 10:37

I think this is something you can actually brag about wink wink
Great job smile smile

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Shade-C: SSAO AWESOMENESS - 03/13/09 21:40

very nice... waiting for *.exe to test this wink

Re: Shade-C: SSAO AWESOMENESS - 03/14/09 00:37

One picture without ssao for the differences would be nice.
Have you tested the ssao with dynamic objects?
But anyway excelent work.

Shade-C: DS Demo - 03/14/09 02:03

Here's the Demo:

http://shadec.project-havoc.com/Shade-C_Deferred_Shading_Demo.rar

Please post any bugs you may encounter here.
SSAO isn't totally perfect yet, i know. But post anything related to ssao anyway, as there might be other bugs i might not know of smile

I'm on vacation for the next 7 days and won't be able to check the forums. But please post your feedback anyway smile

Have a nice week!

Re: Shade-C: DS Demo - 03/14/09 02:21

Thanks, but my Norton Internet Security says:

What happens with .exe?

EDIT: Ok, I´ve changed to BitDefender and now without any problems too, adios Norton.

Re: Shade-C: DS Demo - 03/14/09 02:33

me too
Posted By: alleskaese

Re: Shade-C: DS Demo - 03/14/09 02:34

i have no problems

Re: Shade-C: DS Demo - 03/14/09 07:18

hey there.. i dont have any virus warnings but onto the demo:
as standstill it looks ok, but when anything is moving, be it the camera or the soldiers, there is a very noticeable lag for the ssao creating heavy artifacts over here. i am using geforce 6800

the f11 panel gives me between 60 and 140 fps, but it feels like 5 fps due to the mentioned lags.

hope this helps you improve it
Posted By: Jaxas

Re: Shade-C: DS Demo - 03/14/09 07:49

cheap antivirus system always find false virus, and even they found a real one, they don't know what to do with him laugh and yes, i download and no problem with virus warning smile
Posted By: Dark_samurai

Re: Shade-C: DS Demo - 03/14/09 09:48

I have 14 fps. But if i do an input, the application reacts only ~2 seconds later?!

I also have those artifacts of the ssao when I move the camera.

GFX: ATI mobility radeon X1400

Good work!

Re: Shade-C: DS Demo - 03/14/09 11:09

260-300 fps wihtout ssao
120-140 fps with ssao

lag on ssao not very noticable if you dont try hard to see it.

gfx: 9600gtsonic
# Memory: 1024MB GDDR3
# Memory Interface: 256 bit
# Core Clock: 700MHz
# Memory Clock: 2000MHz (1000MHz x 2)
# Dual 400MHz RAMDACs

cpu: q9300

Re: Shade-C: DS Demo - 03/14/09 21:26

I use avg and i dont got that problem
Posted By: HeelX

Re: Shade-C: DS Demo - 03/14/09 21:48

The engine starts, I see the entry screen and nothing happens when I press 1 or 2.

Re: Shade-C: DS Demo - 03/14/09 23:49

Atlon Dual core 3800+
3 Gb Memory
Radeon X1950 Pro

1: without SSAO

up to 180 fps

2: with SSAO

about 120

//////////////////////////////////
Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 @ 2.20
2Gb Memory
GeForce 8600M GT

1: without SSAO

80-90, but sometimes jump to 150

2: with SSAO

up to 60, also jumps

Re: Shade-C: DS Demo - 03/15/09 03:41

I get the same as lostclimate (yay avg) these kind of things are becoming more common with Gamestudio, is jcl injecting viruses into acknex (jk laugh )

Re: Shade-C: DS Demo - 03/15/09 09:36

laugh Maybe he would also add antivirus, program to write on CD-DVD, MS office, and, just a new OS laugh

Re: Shade-C: DS Demo - 03/15/09 11:15

Ok, I´ve changed to BitDefender and now without any problems too, adios Norton.

I noticed some artifacts with the ssao effects (look at this video - Please wait a little!)

http://www.public.gamefactor.eu/shadec_ssao.swf

My specification:

FPS (~150 -> ~180)

Operating System
Windows System : Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 6.00.6001 (Service Pack 1)
Platform Compliance : x86

Processor
Model : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz
Speed : 3GHz
Cores per Processor : 2 Unit(s)
Threads per Core : 1 Unit(s)
Type : Dual-Core
Internal Data Cache : 2x 32kB, Synchronous, Write-Thru, 8-way, 64 byte line size
L2 On-board Cache : 6MB, ECC, Synchronous, ATC, 24-way, 64 byte line size, 2 threads sharing

System
System : Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. EP35-DS3P
Mainboard : Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. EP35-DS3P
Bus(es) : PCI PCIe IMB USB FireWire/1394 i2c/SMBus
Multi-Processor (MP) Support : Yes
Multi-Processor Advanced PIC (APIC) : Yes
System BIOS : Award Software International, Inc. F2
Total Memory : 4GB DIMM DDR2 DDR3

Chipset
Model : Giga-Byte P35/G33/G31 Processor to I/O Controller
Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 333MHz (1.33GHz)
Total Memory : 4GB DIMM DDR2 DDR3
Memory Bus Speed : 2x 400MHz (800MHz)

Memory Module(s)
Memory Module : Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5DHX 2GB DIMM DDR2 PC2-6400U DDR2-800 (5.0-5-5-18 3-22-6-3)
Memory Module : Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5DHX 2GB DIMM DDR2 PC2-6400U DDR2-800 (5.0-5-5-18 3-22-6-3)

Video System
Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+ (512MB DDR3, 625MHz/1.45GHz/2x1.10GHz, PCIe 1.00 x16, SM4.0)

Graphics Processor
Adapter : GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+ (1.01, 512MB, 1.69GHz)

Thanks again

Re: Shade-C: DS Demo - 03/15/09 20:08

Thanks for the feedback so far! smile
I didn't notice the ssao lag before, but now you mention it, it's definately there. I have a similar problem with shadows...hmmm.

About the virus warning: I used Nacasi for packing the .exe. In the past there were virus warnings because of that. I thought it was fixed by now. Guess i was wrong >.<

Internet access is very costly here, so i won't visit the forum again this week i think wink

Keep them repots coming! And thanks for testing! smile

HeelX: The Deferred Shading needs 3 multiple render targets. Maybe your gfx card does not support it?

Re: Shade-C: DS Demo - 03/15/09 22:35

// Internet access is very costly here,

maybe BoH is gentle remind that we may support him and make some donates? blush laugh

Re: Shade-C: DS Demo - 03/16/09 04:06

is nacasi 64 bit capable because i cant even run it.
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: Shade-C: DS Demo - 03/17/09 17:03

Geforce9800 GTX+

260 FPS with SSAO, absolutely smooth, no problems
430 FPS without SSAO, absolutely smooth, no problems aswell
Posted By: HeelX

Re: Shade-C: DS Demo - 03/17/09 17:16

HeelX: The Deferred Shading needs 3 multiple render targets. Maybe your gfx card does not support it?

In that case I would advice you to write a fallback shader or a possibility to trap this case and to disable the use of DS. If you integrate this into your next Shade-C release, no one on the world should be alienated just because one single feature can't be used.

Re: Shade-C: DS Demo - 03/18/09 15:52

Wow. Havoc das sieht einfach geil aus.

Jetzt nur noch mit dem Schattenshader und allem anderen von Shade-C aus der letzten Version. Besser gehts wirklich nicht. *Schleim* Meisterlicher Alleskönner Du! *Schleimmodus aus* laugh

Re: Shade-C: DS Demo - 03/18/09 23:14

works for me now, all tho it is a bit jittery

around 125 fps with a nvidia 9600 (ssao)

I do have one question tho... why are they lined up like they are trying to sniff eachothers ass's?
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Shade-C: DS Demo - 03/19/09 12:48

350-400 fps without ssao
300-350 fps with ssao

Very nice work!

NVideo GeForce 9800 GT
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Shade-C: DS Demo - 03/20/09 10:42

Just an idea: Those Volumetric clouds, in the first demo in this thread... could they be used to simulate a nebula in space that you can fly through?
(boh_havoc, you know what kind of nebula I'm talking about... it would replace the sprites in the playground level of CSIS?)
Posted By: ACb

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 03/21/09 03:24

Hi, i just started using Gamestudio and has been trying to learn how to apply shaders onto my school assignment. First of all, i would like to thank Boh_Havoc for his Shade-c project.

However i was having problem trying to apply the radialblur effect onto the carlevel project provided by Gamestudio.

When the effect is apply to the project, it just create a white flash on the screen

This is the screen when the effect is not apply to the game

This is how i apply the effect onto the game.
Code:
#include "sc_pp.c";
#include "sc_pp.h";

void addBlurToView()
{
  sc_mtl_pp_radialBlur.skill1 = 0.3;

sc_mtl_pp_radialBlur.skill2 = 0.5;
  sc_mtl_pp_radialBlur.skill3 = 1;

sc_ppAdd(sc_mtl_pp_radialBlur, camera, 0);
}

void removeBlurFromView()
{
   sc_ppRemove(sc_mtl_pp_radialBlur, camera, 0);
}

then i call "addBlurToView" function in physics_car.c.
Code:
function SpeedControl()
{
while(1){
              if(i < 10 && blur ==0){
			addBlurToView();
			i++;
			if(i == 10){
				blur =1;
			}
		}

if(i<=10 && blur == 1){
			removeBlurFromView();
			i--;
			if(i==0){
				blur =0;
			}
		}
}

Since i am new to gamestudio and shading, i had no idea where went wrong. If possible i hope someone will spot my error and tell me or even best give me an code example that apply the radialblur effect successfully.

Oh yeah...sorry for the long wall of text. eek

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 03/21/09 15:45

Alright, back from vacation...which also means back to work laugh

Thanks for all the feedback! Should help me to improve the whole thing smile

Quote:
In that case I would advice you to write a fallback shader or a possibility to trap this case and to disable the use of DS. If you integrate this into your next Shade-C release, no one on the world should be alienated just because one single feature can't be used.

Of course. You will be able to enable/disable deferred shading. Making shade-c deferred shading only would be nuts smile

Quote:
I do have one question tho... why are they lined up like they are trying to sniff eachothers ass's?

Lol, that wasn't on purpose, but now you mention it... laugh

Quote:
Just an idea: Those Volumetric clouds, in the first demo in this thread... could they be used to simulate a nebula in space that you can fly through?
(boh_havoc, you know what kind of nebula I'm talking about... it would replace the sprites in the playground level of CSIS?)

Check your PMs

ACb:
Don't call addBlurToView(); every frame. Call it once when you need it, then adjust
sc_mtl_pp_radialBlur.skill1
sc_mtl_pp_radialBlur.skill2
sc_mtl_pp_radialBlur.skill3
every frame to your needs.
Once you don't need the radial blur effect anymore, call removeBlurFromView(); once(!) That should do it smile

Posted By: darkinferno

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 06/14/09 02:30

oh, i uninstalled all my antivirus software and still couldnt run the deferred shading demo plus it still behaves like a virus when i right click it, takes forever to display the options and when i run it, it says something about not having rights... this is on xp...

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 06/22/09 15:14

Just for further reference:
New versions of Shade-C can now be found in the "Third Party Tools" Forum.

Shade-C v0.91 BETA S1
http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=273341#Post273341

Please use the new thread for further postings smile

Re: Shade-C v0.90 released - 06/22/09 18:45

doesnt work on my nvidia 6800 ultra. thought i'd let you know
© 2024 lite-C Forums