Modeling video course

Posted By: Nowherebrain

Modeling video course - 05/28/09 06:06

The video's can be found here.Special thanks to Qudraxas for making this possible.
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Modeling video course - 05/28/09 06:27

Nice, thanks smile
Posted By: ratchet

Re: Modeling video course - 05/28/09 12:19

Great Videos, thanks smile !
Posted By: LordMoggy

Re: Modeling video course - 05/28/09 12:27

interesting ....
Posted By: DLively

Re: Modeling video course - 05/28/09 14:37

this is only good for noobs who have no idea how to start at all, or for really high poly characters, for cut scenes only. it takes like 300 minutes to do that tutorial... thats almost 3 hours, longer!

Thanks anyhow laugh

Re: Modeling video course - 05/28/09 20:15

The end result is not useless, and there are engines out there using 5k poly models... this is just about training anyway. People could just learn the tools etc. I imagine by the end of the course they will be able to model low/high poly stuff....besides, I am personaly addicted to video tutorials....hell, they are just fun to watch for a 3D dork like myself.

noob is a fairly standoffish, condescending, and juvenile term BTW.
Posted By: Quad

Re: Modeling video course - 05/28/09 21:44

my internet is pretty crapy lately, when it's sorted out i will upload texturin videos too

Re: Modeling video course - 05/29/09 00:09

Quote:

noob is a fairly standoffish, condescending, and juvenile term BTW.

standoffish: behaving in a formal and unfriendly way

No, its not any of those... its accually comming from 7 years experiance. You may find that term offensive because you wouldnt be able to follow the movies.., I dont know.

Its only my opinion. If you dont like it, dont. If someone understands my side, good laugh

Re: Modeling video course - 05/29/09 09:18

I made the movies...that is me....lol, so yes I can follow them...anyway. No reason to debate all of this I guess...I just don't want to frighten people away...as if we are some "elite" group of people.

Re: Modeling video course - 05/29/09 09:40

Thanks Quadraxas.
Posted By: Blattsalat

Re: Modeling video course - 05/29/09 13:57

those are some well made movies. very detailed and easy to follow.
thanks and you did a very good job here!

i will never understand why people aint happy to get something like that for free and in such a quality. you can learn the essentials of modeling and sculpting no matter what polycount the model is.

the only negative thing i can say about it: more!! wink

cheers and have a nice one

Re: Modeling video course - 05/29/09 21:41

Lol,
I didnt notice you were the poster laugh

also, I didnt mean any harm in what I said. I wasnt trying to tell people not to use them. I was only saying how I felt... but, please disregard my first comment.

Thank you for the movies.
Posted By: Gerrit

Re: Modeling video course - 06/11/09 00:56

Is the link still okay to the videos? I clicked on the "here" word and receive Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage...
Posted By: Quad

Re: Modeling video course - 06/11/09 07:50

yes the page is still here.

http://www.acknexturk.com/blender/

or

http://blender.acknexturk.com

both goes to same page.
Posted By: boyax

Re: Modeling video course - 06/11/09 08:57

Does blender works fine with 3DGameStudio? Are there any issues with it importing/exporting?

BTW, the tutorials are great! smile

Thanks

Re: Modeling video course - 06/15/09 10:42

Yes, blender and 3dgamestudio are a great combo.
I'm glad you are getting something from the tutorials...here is one for terrain editing inside of blender. It is not a tutorial, but a method of terrain editing.(not the only way)

Posted By: 4gottenname

Re: Modeling video course - 07/09/09 12:05

Nice! I'm planning on learning to use Blender and I need all the tutorials and other help I can find, so thank you for posting the links and videos smile They seem good, I need to learn the basics first tho. UI is so diffrent from other programs and I never use much short cut keys :s
Like boyax I also have some conserns about the exporting (found the tools for it in an other thread, but not had time to test them out yet). Some more info on it would be great.
Maybe a sticky thread for starting with Blender would be a good idea? If one of you experts could explain what to download, say what phyton scripts are and how the exporting work and all that and then add links to tutorials like these. Would be very helpfull for new users like me and others who never heard about Blender before smile

EDIT: Finaly got the training videos downloaded from the link ( http://www.acknexturk.com/blender/ ) but can't play them in any of my players - windows media player, real player, winamp... I hear the sound but all I see is a green screen and a "Program has encountered a problem and needs to close". EDIT2: Fixed by updating codex ;P Was missing the XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder
http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Modeling video course - 07/09/09 15:33

Oh very very nice smile
Much thanks, and keep this running!

Re: Modeling video course - 07/09/09 19:30

As you wish. I will start putting more together focused more on Game design.
@4gotten: thanks for the Xvid link, but I recommend FFDShow, you may need to google it....since I am lazy.
here is a quickie...
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts7sXIzw1X0[/video]
© 2024 lite-C Forums