Free Model Pack July 09

Posted By: rincewind

Free Model Pack July 09 - 07/31/09 15:26

Hi there,

time for a new model pack. Here is my contribution for July: The package includes a refinery, a factory and an oriental mansion. Hope you enjoy it.

Here's the download link:

Modelpack July09

And here is are some screenshots:

For a larger image, click here

Have yourself some good times
Cheerio
Rince
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 07/31/09 16:48

can i state how awesom this looks? lol.. my only prob was that all the model was grouped, i wanted to pull apart the differnt pieces so i can get specific interaction such as shooting metal or concrete... dont know if taht was clear but other than that.. this is very very good

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 07/31/09 17:38

Thank you... I am always happy when someone likes it.

If you want ungroup the models, there is a simple solution. Open the model in MED, delete everything except the model you want to interact with. Then save this model under a different name. Next, open the grouped model again, delete the part you just saved under a different name and seve the grouped model. IN your level combine the two models you just created and there you go.

Hope this helped a little.

Rince :-)
Posted By: Blink

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 07/31/09 21:32

Incredible as usual rincewind. You are really making my project move along with your contributions. Thanks for the assist.

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 07/31/09 22:03

Thanks Blink - nice to hear from you again. I would love to see some screenshots some day. The next model pack will be online at the end of this month.

Kind regs
Rince
Posted By: zeusk

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 08/01/09 01:42

awesome dude thx

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 08/01/09 06:32

Thank you Zeusk - that's very kind of you.
Posted By: aztec

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 08/01/09 09:34

good quality work as allways
you developed to a real pro by time it's amazing

regards

Aztec
Posted By: Tempelbauer

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 08/01/09 14:33

i wish i could create models like you, but i´m not so good in creating skins smile
good work, rince

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 08/02/09 09:04

Thank you for your kind words.
Tempelbauer: I' ll add a skinning tutorial to the next model pack.

Have a great Sunday everyone
Rince
Posted By: robertbruce

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 08/03/09 09:46

Thank you. Fantastic stuff!

The oriental mansion was just what I needed.
Posted By: XD1v0

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 08/08/09 18:35

Awesome models, thanks wink
Posted By: Nexus_1944

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 08/10/09 07:35

hmm the models on last picture is copy from modelpack from dexsoft orient desert pack.

http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=270373#Post270373

have you not own ideas?
Posted By: pararealist

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 08/10/09 08:37

I think this applies to almost everyone?

ideasCreated = (thingsSeen + ownThoughts)
Posted By: Quad

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 08/10/09 08:37

@Nexus:you can not say that, you can find real buildings like that or in the game "assassins creed"

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 08/10/09 08:44

@nexus - it's just a style of building, thats all. and for the record, I am sure rincewind has a lot of great ideas, search the contribution threads, and see how many great models he has contributed to this forum. next time, do some research before making a statement like that. as a rule of thumb here, we do not insult members making a contribution, we just say thank you and keep it moving. thanks again, rincewind.
Posted By: Nexus_1944

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 08/10/09 15:59

XD "great" models xD
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 08/10/09 20:47

There's no need for a lie, as your irony implies.

Rincewind never claimed that he did an invention. All he did are models in his spare time as a contribution. He had fun to make them and he had fun to contribute them for nothing. And, at least me, I had fun to look at them.

There are some similarities to dexsoft's modelpack, but to say it is a copy of them sounds like an accuse that isn't true when having a close look.
He doesn't compete with the mid-poly and normal mapped models of dexsoft. And he never said that he wants to compete with his low-polygon and low-resolution models, right?

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 08/10/09 21:58

@pappenheimer. i think its pointless to re-direct this newbie. i believe this community to have more class than this. thanks for your attempt. hopefully one day he will learn some respect.

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 08/12/09 11:30

Hey there,

thanks for your kind words. I must admit that the model looks a little like the Dexsoft model. However, this is uninentional. I actually never have time to visit this forum apart from posting some contributions so, I saw this Dexsoft model pack for the first time today. I saw some screenshots of an oriental house in google image search which inspired me to make this building, however without knowing it was a Dexsoft screenshot.
Dexsoft models offer a very high quality, which is state of the art and which I can't achieve and I don't want to compete with. I apologize if someone feels offended by this unintended similarity and promise to be more careful with my next models.

Cheers
Rince
Posted By: Xarthor

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 08/12/09 11:53

rincewind: Don't be more carefully.
You make wonderful low-poly free-of-charge models and thus offer a great alternative to the high-poly commercial products of others.
What I mean: If someone does not have the money or the need to get those high-poly models he can still find some in your model packs.

(this of course does not mean that I want you to copy anything, but I trust you that you don't wink )

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 08/12/09 12:51

Thank you Xarthor.. you just described my very intentions -)

Being careful in my case does not mean stopping to make models but rather being more careful about which models I want to make.
You are right.. of course these commercial models are just great quality and the prices good value for money in terms of quality and the effort required to make it.
However I know that there are a lot of younger members in this forum who might just not have the money, so it's fun for me offering a monthly contribution. MOst models are of course low-poly but I try to increase the quality gradually.
Posted By: fogman

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 08/12/09 15:32

Your models are a great base.
If someone wants more, it´s easy to give them more details.
I´ll use some of them in my shooter project. The style fits and they save me a lot of time.

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 08/12/09 15:53

you should never have to apologize for your great contributions, rincewind. people opinions vary, and the bottom line is, they do not have to download them or use them. please dont be swayed from contributing because of one persons comment. i apologize if i added to this confusion, rincewind.

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 08/12/09 19:03

Dear Blink.. you're very kind as always and there is no need for you or any one else to apologize...no one said anything offensive and I never felt offended. Actually, some of the comments in this thread have been very helpful for me and I just can't wait to build more models and make them more detailed, which will be really fun for me. Everything is just fine :-)

Have a nice evening
Rince

Re: Free Model Pack July 09 - 08/12/09 19:06

i am relieved, Rince. i am looking forward to your next contributions. My level productivity has tripled because of your efforts.
© 2024 lite-C Forums