Profesional FPS

Posted By: Erick_Castro

Profesional FPS - 08/28/09 21:45

I would like to know if there are profesional FPS published and created with 3DGS .

where can i get them? or videos of them or at least demos or sharware versions.

Thanks, friends.
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Profesional FPS - 08/29/09 20:00

Well, check Kabus22. Video is in the Gamestudio download page.
Posted By: Quad

Re: Profesional FPS - 08/29/09 21:52

K22 is not a FPS.
Posted By: alibaba

Re: Profesional FPS - 08/29/09 22:08

quadraxas is right.
Posted By: Slin

Re: Profesional FPS - 08/29/09 22:11

Yes he is laugh

But to write something, at least a bit usefull...: I canīt think of any finished professional looking fps which was done with gamestudio...
Posted By: the_clown

Re: Profesional FPS - 09/09/09 06:20

I can think of at least one commercial FPS that will be released by the end of the year or by next year - Zapans zombie shooter - but I dunno if I would call it professional, its still an indie game, tough very well made.
There were attempts tough.
Well, and maybe there are more to come, I know of three or four FPS in development...
Posted By: the_clown

Re: Professional FPS - 09/09/09 09:33

Actually, that leads to the question who is currently doing an FPS around here... maybe worth a new topic.
Posted By: ratchet

Re: Professional FPS - 09/09/09 10:17

Personnaly, i think that's the graphics primarily that make your FPS look professionnal laugh
If textures are really good, and if you use shaders or normal maps, you'll have the professionnal look !

Professionnal don't mean a lot of things , even lot of games with simple graphics (not really rounded polygons) are sold today !

I think you say professionnal to say a completed game that is selled in fact ?

There are professionnal AAA games like the last Wolfenstein, that are professionnal looking, but linear, really corridor run and gun game, with on real worked environnement, with really poor basic gameplay.
That's only my personnal opinion on that game laugh , some people like it i think!
Posted By: Gumby22don

Re: Professional FPS - 09/16/09 23:09

tbh, CounterStrike comes to mind if you want to talk about the cutoff for "professional" vs "indie" look + feel for FPS.

When it was a mod, it was blocky, and all about straight gameplay, but when they launched as a self-contained game (under Valve?) they re-did textures, menus etc. and it felt like a full game. In my mind, that was a nice shift that the user could actually notice, and made it professional.

It could be possible to compare vs. other projects as a benchmark?

Don
have a great day
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: Professional FPS - 09/17/09 00:43

Originally Posted By: Gumby22don
tbh, CounterStrike comes to mind if you want to talk about the cutoff for "professional" vs "indie" look + feel for FPS.

When it was a mod, it was blocky, and all about straight gameplay, but when they launched as a self-contained game (under Valve?) they re-did textures, menus etc. and it felt like a full game. In my mind, that was a nice shift that the user could actually notice, and made it professional.

It could be possible to compare vs. other projects as a benchmark?

Don
have a great day

very true...

Re: Professional FPS - 09/17/09 13:40

Counter Strike style game could be easily done in A7 (perhaps not for network part), but for level and characters, can be done as good with some talent or skilled people !!

Some talented people here already doing FPS could make some Left For Dead Coop style game i think with A7.

The professionnal side would come from quality of textures, models ,interface and HUD.

So work your graphics or find skilled people laugh !

@DarkInferno : How is going your great FPS laugh ?

Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: Professional FPS - 09/17/09 14:19

I think the thing you need most is: TIME!!!

I mean there are sooooo great textures on CGtextures.com! - Some of them arenīt seamless but with seamless texture generator pro or you make it with gimp/photoshop.
Originally Posted By: CG Textures
Misja Baas, senior artist, Guerrilla-Games:

"CGTextures.com is one of our primary resource sites for texture work on Killzone 2.

It offers a great collection of extremely useful resource material that we've used on environments, props and vehicles. The site is very well organized, frequently updated and the quality is of the photos is very good.

One of the best texture resource sites on the web!"

So, style is important, but if you make a AAA texture/model game with horrible scripting itīs even bad wink!

Re: Professional FPS - 09/17/09 14:49

@Rei_Ayanami:

So, style is important, but if you make a AAA texture/model game with horrible scripting itīs even bad !

Perhaps , but like the last Wolfenstein , you will attract visually lot of people, and a lot will buy it , even if it is a basic FPS with stupid AI laugh

Or you can make a Zombie FPS , stupid AI needed laugh , and have great graphics and cool standard FPS gameplay : lot of people will buy it.
© 2024 lite-C Forums