Christmas Model Pack

Posted By: rincewind

Christmas Model Pack - 12/20/09 10:13

Hi everybody,

haven't posted any model packs during the recent months, because I started diving into Blender. This is my Christmas present for the community. The model pack includes my first results with Blender. The models are in 3ds format, which can be imported in MED. Textures are included.
From now, I will post monthly model packs again.
Hope you enjoy it.
Have yourself a very merry Christmas

Click here for a larger image

Download the Christmas Model Pack

Download Link for the MDL7 file

Cheers
Rincewind
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/20/09 10:34

wow, very nice laugh
Posted By: Landixus

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/20/09 10:56

Das mal nen Schiff!
Super Ding!

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/20/09 10:59

Thanks, you're very kind. I have just started with Blender and learned only some of the function so far.... more to come

Cheers
Rince
@rei: Wie ich sehe, kennst du die Geek-Tools-Website, da gibt's deine Signatur als T-Shirt :-)

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/20/09 11:08

@rincewind: da habe ich den satz her grin (bzw. von http://www.getdigital.de/index/geek )

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/20/09 11:22

Yep, genau die Seite meinte ich:-) da gibt's wirklich nette Sachen.. ich habe das "Er ist tot, Jim" T-Shirt - allerdings versteht das nicht jeder

Schneegrüße
Rince

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/20/09 11:54

ich habe bisjetzt das evulotion tshirt und noch ein, ähnliches tongue

ähm, "er ist tot, jim" ist doch von star trek, der originalen serie, oder?

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/20/09 12:09

Genau.. die Originalserie mit William Shatner und Leonard Nimoy.. die Serie in der Kirk und Konsorten jede Woche auf den gleichen 6 Quadratmetern Gras und Felsen gelandet sind und außerirdische in psychedelischer Kleidung (wenn überhaupt) hetroffen haben
Posted By: Blink

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/20/09 16:25

Rincewind, you are brilliant! thank you for an incredible Christmas present!

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/20/09 16:33

i just tried opening them in MED by importing from 3ds, i got nothing.

update: i just opened the building and house, the ship(what i really wanted) will not open at all.
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/20/09 16:38

~D:

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/20/09 16:40

Hello Blink,

Ok, just give me a few minutes.. I'll check it with other formats and upload a compatible version
You could also try to convert it to MDL with Milkshape..
Get back to you in a few minutes
Cheers Rince

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/20/09 17:52

OK, I managed to convert the blender file to X format and finally to mdl7 I will upload the mdl file in about an hour

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/20/09 18:33

OK, just updated my first post in this thread. The download link is at the top of this threads (Yet, I could only convert the mesh, so you might have to re-texture it.

Cheers
Rincewind
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/20/09 19:43

looks much better than a lot of your previous models,you finding blender easier to use than most people say?

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/20/09 20:01

Well.. actually.. yes.. I was really surprised.. because I heard a lot of stories about the steep learning curve and complexity, so I was reluctant ar first .. cancelled the first two attempts.. two months ago I came across a really great German tutorial website, which makes understanding Blender really easy with a lot of practical examples and stuff. I am still a bloody beginner but once you understand the basics getting into detail is really easy.. and it's absolutely fun.. .still have to learn about converting the models ..

The high complexity comes with huge advantage.. once you've made your way through the beginning you find yourself in world of practical and easy to use functions that make building models a blast.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/20/09 20:18

good to hear.

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/20/09 20:33

great mdl. what a nightmare trying to re-texture. i put the bmp file on it, but the skin was a mess, all over the model.
Posted By: Progger

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/20/09 20:47

rincewind can u give me the site with the tutorials im german too
and i have blender too oops ich kann eigentlich auch auf deutsch schreiben (:
MFG Programmer
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/21/09 00:22

Rincewind, you can export directly from blender to mdl7 with the help of ventilator's plugin.
I needed some time to find the link to its latest version. Its here:

http://user.schule.at/go/export_gs_mdl7.py

You have to copy it into the following folder where you installed blender, for instance:

...\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts

Before you export your model you have to select it, if it consists of different objects, you have to select all the objects that are part of that model (RMB + Shift).

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/21/09 07:38

@progger:
Here is the link: German Blender Tutorials

This page has helped me a lot
Thank you Pappenheimer.. I'll give it a try and upload a new version if it works

Thanks and cheers
Rince

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/21/09 07:39

@Pappenheimer
yes.. selecting all object that are part of the model - that was what I forgot the first time I tried to convert the model
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/21/09 12:01

Rincewind, thank you for the link to the German Blender Tutorials!
I just read in the last few minutes many things that makes things clear that I didn't really understand before.

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/22/09 02:51

Rincewind, are you going to post another texture goldenhind model for the community? i am lost trying to re-texture it, too many faces and itd really confusing.

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/22/09 09:42

Here comes the Blender Version of the ship model including textures and materials. To convert it, donwload blender, open the blender file and use the export function.

@Pappenheimer: You're welcome, I like this page too - especially the small tutorials are very helpful (like making trees or animated water)..

@ Blink: See the download link below, I hope this helps

Blender model download

Cheers
Rincewind

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/22/09 19:15

ok, thanks, i will do it when i get home.

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 12/22/09 21:49

i tryed it, Rince. it didnt work. thanks anyway, i give up. i will try it again another time when i actually need the model.

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 01/03/10 16:00

I finally found a way to convert the models made in Blender into mdl7.
Exporting the files into wavefront format enables me to import the model to mdl7 with textures and materials included.

Here is picture of a model I just published at turbosquid:

I will make a little game level and check how it looks in Gamestudio.. I'll publish a screenshot later .. so the next model pack will include models made in Blender in game-ready mdl7 format free for you.

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 01/03/10 17:47

Ok, here's in ingame screenshot of the Blender model in Gamestudio...

Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 01/03/10 17:51

Great model!

Wish you a happy new year, Rincewind!

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 01/03/10 20:00

Thank you Frank,

I've been watching your model packs for quite a while - your work is really impressive.
Hope you enjoyed your christmas holidays.. a happy new year and all the best ... are you covered in snow like we are here?

Cheers
Andreas

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 01/04/10 03:55

that looks awesome Rincewind! just because i am lazy and havent figured it out yet, now that you can convert to mdl7, are you going to resubmit the ship?

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 02/02/10 15:17

Thanks Blink.. I apologize for being late but I didn't have time for the forum recently. Actually, I can convert everything else, but the ship just won't work for some reason I can't explain. But check out the new January model pack I am going to post in a minute.. alle models made in Blender and converted into MDL7.. tried and tested...
Posted By: CaedLucin

Re: Christmas Model Pack - 08/25/10 02:54

Hello there rince, I'm really impressed with your most recent German tank update but sadly wasn't able to see your other works because all the links are dead. I was wondering if you could do a re-upload with the screens and stuffs too? laugh It would be much appreciated! Keep rockin' on! grin
© 2024 lite-C Forums