Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010

Posted By: rincewind

Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/02/10 21:39

Hey there everybody,

another month has gone and it's time for a new model pack, this time featuring three models: A street scene, a 1972 Ford Capri and a Diesel train V200.
@Blink: Started building a hanseatic sailing ship for the next model pack just for you:-)
Hope you enjoy the models...

Here's a screenshot:

Click here for a larger image

And here is the download link:
February Model Pack

Cheers
Rincewind
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/02/10 22:31

- is there a chance to join and create a (funny) game?
(you=modledesigner/leveldesigner, me=programmer)

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/02/10 23:12

@mercuryus: That's a generous offer and I'd love to accept it.. you've been around in this forum a long time and really appreciate what you do...however, I have a sixteen hours working day, including the weekends (that's why my models packs usually only contain a few models I#d love to do more..). ALl I can do at the moment is provide some models to this forum. I could never keep any deadlines as I am self-employed and have no regular working schedule.. meaning, I never quite know, when I have some minutes to spare. Though, I plan to also add some game level environments to my model packs, so what I could probably do is considering what users need next. So, don't be cross with me.. I would love to do this (and so many other things.. I have some video games on my shelf that are more than 4 years old and I haven#t even unpacked them)...but I just don't have the time..

Cheers
Rince
Posted By: rvL_eXile

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/03/10 04:23

Very great Models rince!
The only thing i dont like is some surfaces on the house which are not good mapped (left / right edge and the surface in front of the roof).

cYa Sebastian

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/03/10 07:52

Thanks rvL.. right, but you can easily change that in MDL if you want ...

Cheers
Rince
Posted By: gri

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/03/10 10:56

hi rincewind,

Youre become a important ressource here. Thanks for your work.

One thing only I want to ask.
The groundplate of the balcony and the window/door frames have a problem with their triangle-normals.
They showing in false direction and have to flip by hand in MED.

This is shurely happened while the export Blender->mdl.
#1 : how do you export the models to mdl?
#2 : is this normal problem avoidable ?

regards ,
gri

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/03/10 11:43

Dear gri,

this seems to be an exporting problem.. it probably depends on whether i first export the models into wavefront or 3ds, before importing them into MDL. I'll check out which format generates the error in order to avoid this for the next model pack.. thanks again for your kind words..

Cheers
Rince
Posted By: gri

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/03/10 12:07

hi,

if you dont use one of the newer blender 2.5 alphas you could also try ventilators native blender_to_mdl exporter.

regrads,
gri
Posted By: Quad

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/03/10 12:22

thanks for the models rincewind.

p.s. you could reduce the size of the package by not inlucding the same texture more than once. (The Ford's texture is used in 4-5 diffrent skins, instead use one skin and one texture, this will slightly reduce the size of the model)

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/03/10 12:26

Thanks for your tips:-) Highly appreciated...

Cheers
Rince
Posted By: aztec

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/03/10 14:14

I really love the models they look very awesome.
I especial know how hard it is to model & skin a car so what Model-Editor du you use again?

It's so cool to see your models get cooler and greater every time
Posted By: Blink

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/03/10 14:42

@Rincewind, thank you for your incredible models here, and the ship model on the way!

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/03/10 16:20

Thank you Aztec and Blink (always nice to see you) .. yes modelling cars isn't easy and this ones is far from perfect.. but it's a good way to practice. I am using Blender by the way.
Posted By: zeusk

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/03/10 19:57

Thx for the models as always ricewind they get better every month grin
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/03/10 22:00

Actually, they do. I remember thinking "hey, cool models" first time I saw you posting. But now you've moved on to "hey, awesome models!" at least, if not further laugh.

Sounds like an aweful lot of work you have there. (16 hours?! Do you sleep?) Considering that, it makes it even better how you contribute great-quality models to the comminuty. Thank you very much!

P.S. we have that train model somewhere... http://medienpdb.maerklin.de/product_files/1/img/detailb/88300.jpg deep down in the basement I think. Used to have a huge train-track setup in our basement...
Posted By: Helghast

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/04/10 09:27

hey, this is not bad at all!
as said, the texture smearing on the edges can be done better.
Maybe a point of critique for the next time wink

I am gonna do a test wit that street scene sometime soon, i've a nice idea with it grin thanks!

(Maybe i'll update my car physics with your model as well sometime :))

keep up the good job!
regards,
Posted By: mikaldinho

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/04/10 09:31

the models are great!

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/04/10 11:30

Thank you all,
yes, next time I wont be to lazy to avoid smearing edges.. simply texturing the surface individually would have helped, but I just didn't have the time.
@Germanunkol: Yes, I do sleep every now and then.. and I enjoy my coffee.. business is running great.. so I won't complain.. on the other hand, it's great to be able to build models while I am working.
@helghast: Car physics? I'd love to see that. By the way: Going on vacation to the Netherlands next month (near Groeningen).. really love this country:-)
Cheers
Rince
Posted By: ello

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/04/10 11:57

thank you very much, specially the car is comming handy.. nice work there
Posted By: Helghast

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/04/10 13:14

Originally Posted By: rincewind

@helghast: Car physics? I'd love to see that. By the way: Going on vacation to the Netherlands next month (near Groeningen).. really love this country:-)

yeah, car physics were the first thing that popped to my mind when i saw the car tongue but it's far from great tongue Just something I work on from time to time when bored laugh

Groningen isnt really near my place, heheee, I live in Amsterdam.
Have fun on your holiday though grin i'm sure you will... Does that mean next months pack will have some dutch influences in it though (like a windmill or hunnebeds) wink?

regards,

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/04/10 13:50

i have a question about using the car: do you have to give credit to you?

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/04/10 14:02

Thank you ..:-)
@mikaldinho: No credits required, feel free to use it for whatever you want...
@ello: Thanks...and what an honour.:-)
@helghast: dank je well I guess my main influence will be Grolsch, Amstel and Frikandel I really love the Netherlands .. so great to be there....but I'll remember the windmill for the next model pack.. after the March pack...
Daag
Rincewind

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/04/10 15:11

thanks rincewind. may use it for a game in the near future...

...very near future...
Posted By: NeoNeper

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/05/10 14:31

ohhh tnkx tnkx for models free brother...
I likee much (^.^)
Tnkx

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/05/10 16:50

Obrigado para seu comentário agradável. Você é bem-vindo.

Re: Free MDL Model Pack - February 2010 - 03/10/10 23:30

BTW.. I also started recording my own music and posted it on Youtube... gonna put it in a download for free use in video games later this year hope, hope you like it:

Blind Fish music channel
© 2024 lite-C Forums