Free July model - German WWII tank

Posted By: rincewind

Free July model - German WWII tank - 07/21/10 18:18

Hi everybody,

here is is my July contribution.
I recently started selling my models commercially.. however I will never forget the 3DS community..therefore from now on I will post one high-poly model per month for one week respectively for you to download for free. As I am also selling these models in other formats, please only use this model in mdl format and do not convert into other file formats. You may use the models for any non-commercial or commercial project as long as the mdl format remains unchanged.. you may howver modify the model itself. So here is the first model .. the German WWI "Jagdpanther" tank. Hope you like it:

Download the Jagdpanther model here!

Cheers
Rincewind
Posted By: Blink

Re: Free July model - German WWII tank - 07/21/10 18:26

Well, Rince..you never disappoint! This is an awesome model. Thank you and good luck with your model shop.

Cheers

Re: Free July model - German WWII tank - 07/21/10 18:43

Hey Blink.. thanks so much.. very kind as always. Thanks also for your wishes.. it's coming along nicely as a second income source in addition to my main job.

Cheers and kindest regs..
Rince
Posted By: Slin

Re: Free July model - German WWII tank - 07/21/10 19:06

Thanks, but it actually has too many polygons. Which means that the engine just tells me that it doesnīt support models with more than 64k polies wink.
And I am pretty sure that the "tires" would be perfectly fine with fewer polies.

Re: Free July model - German WWII tank - 07/21/10 21:30

HI Slin.. thanks for complaining... I just simply replaced the tank wheels in mdl with low-poly wheels.. works just perfectly... just a little hint ;-)

Cheers
Rince
Posted By: Nidhogg

Re: Free July model - German WWII tank - 07/22/10 04:24

Hey rincewind, always loved your work. Good luck with your shop "Not that you will need it".

Re: Free July model - German WWII tank - 07/22/10 10:10

Thank you Nidhogg. you're very kind. Already sold some models on Turbosquid.. I'll be extending the portfolio bit by bit but also will always give away free models as a contribution to give back some of the pleasure you all gave me through the past years.... also started building levels in Gamestudio with the blender models again...
Posted By: Sajeth

Re: Free July model - German WWII tank - 07/22/10 10:13

Great work - cant wait for August wink
Posted By: EvilSOB

Re: Free July model - German WWII tank - 07/22/10 11:01

Kewl tank. Many 'tanks' dude.

One question though... Is this design based on a 'real' tank?
Or is it just a WWII-theme concept tank?
(just curious cause it kinda looks familiar...)

Keep up the magnificent work,,,

Re: Free July model - German WWII tank - 07/22/10 15:11

Just a thought rincewind but have you ever thought of creating themed based terrains/levels.
They might prove to be popular.

Re: Free July model - German WWII tank - 07/22/10 19:18

@Kewl.. yes it is based on a real tank "Jadgpanther" from WWII WIkipedia has an extensive description of this tank..

@NIdhogg: Yep.. that's exactly what I am currently doing.. putting together them based levels (WWII, sci-fi, fantasy and contemporary).. thanks for the suggestion anyway :-))
Posted By: Ditje

Re: Free July model - German WWII tank - 07/22/10 19:36

I checked the model already yesterday - great work, but no stuff for me. I don`t like War Games. So I am impatient for the august model laugh

Re: Free July model - German WWII tank - 07/22/10 22:24

Next one will definitely not be military .. ...

Re: Free July model - German WWII tank - 07/23/10 03:19

Originally Posted By: rincewind
@NIdhogg: Yep.. that's exactly what I am currently doing.. putting together them based levels (WWII, sci-fi, fantasy and contemporary).. thanks for the suggestion anyway :-))

That's good news. I haven't come across any sites that offer /terrains/levels, well not yet any way.
With your talent I reckon you could spit out some really nice ones.

Re: Free July model - German WWII tank - 07/24/10 15:45

Currently working on a WWII and and a fantasy/medieval style level.. gonna publish them here when they are done.. which depends on my real life workload...

Cheers
Rincewind

Re: Free July model - German WWII tank - 08/01/10 11:24

Talking about building levels with the models made in Blender.. currently building some levels for you to use .. here's a screenshot from the derelict city level:

Posted By: Slin

Re: Free July model - German WWII tank - 08/01/10 11:44

If it is just for fun and for free or just for you great, but if you want to sell, it, I would love to see some better uv mapping. I know that uv mapping is not fun at all, or at least I didnīt yet figure out a fun way to do it, but it is very important and basicly the only thing your models are missing.

Re: Free July model - German WWII tank - 08/01/10 14:18

Guess you're talking about the steel bars in the front... that was mistake.. usually all models are of course uv-mapped.. blender makes it very easy to that.. simply forgot these faces...
Posted By: knguyen

Re: Free July model - German WWII tank - 08/27/10 13:07

Hey guy,

Thanks. It's fantastic.
© 2024 lite-C Forums