FREE 3D Dwarf Model

Posted By: Psionic

FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/24/04 05:48

Hey guys, I've decided to put up the Dwarf model for FREE!! Hope you guys find a use for him somewhere ;-)

DOWNLOAD:-
http://www.psionic3d.co.uk/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Free%20Stuff/3D%20Models

MORE INFO:-
http://www.psionic3d.co.uk/packs/dwarf/dwarf.html

Posted By: Cellulaer

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/24/04 06:16

Sweet.
Posted By: Grimber

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/24/04 06:35

VERY nice model

Edited:

Looks nice in the engine too
Posted By: sTOOs

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/24/04 08:15

oh, the legendary psionic in the 3dgs communtity .. wow nice model as always
Posted By: Wade_Adams

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/24/04 11:16

Looks nice, but did notice that the dwarf seems to grasp the axe better in psionic's shots that grimber's. What's the difference?
Posted By: Neuro

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/24/04 13:33

GIMLY!!!!!!

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/24/04 16:20

my screen shot is just the single frame imported model, before importing the animation frames

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/24/04 17:37

Yeah on frame one he's not gripping it, but he is in all the others

Looks good in game, thanks for the screenshot!!

Hope some of you find a use for him...
Posted By: ello

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/24/04 21:04

my noob question: how do i get it into med with animation?
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/24/04 21:58

Superb model!!
The other free ones are very nice too, are they free to use? I will edit them anyway, and change the skins, so I think this is ok, right?
Posted By: JimFox

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/25/04 00:07

I have struggled with this too. It must be in the script file where the problem lies.
Posted By: Firestorm

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/25/04 02:05

Great model!! I'll be sure to give it a good home

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/25/04 02:47

Yeah they are all free to use however you like

Theres a tut on the milkshape site about the script file etc??
http://www.maddogvic.com/MDms3dtut.htm

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/25/04 04:23

hmm, i dont know about ms3d. maybe someone can provide the according mdl?

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/25/04 07:05

I was going to convert it, but I don't see the skin in milkshape 1.7.1 in the .x or native ms3d files. there are two files presumably for both skins but I don't see the skin. If I could get the one with the skin I would be happy to convert it to MDL for the comunity with the animations etc...

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/25/04 08:02

Ok I firgured out the skin issue I converted the skins to bmp and reassigned them and it seems ok. I can upload the MDL's as long as psionic is OK with it.
Posted By: Guardian

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/25/04 17:33

Here's the little guy close up and with a little lighting to see how lights play on it. Very nice work Psonic hope to learn much from it.

Guardian

PS: had some trouble with the secondary/axe skin

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/25/04 19:14

looks good, not sure what the prob with the axe skin is?? theres two skins for the dwarf and only one for the axe?!?

WADE: Sure upload it m8, I'll D/L it and include it with the Zip on my site as well
Posted By: ShadowFire

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/26/04 06:37

Nice model Psionic.
Can I also host it in 3DGSUV?
Regards
Shad

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/26/04 10:11

OK I got it going, but because of the boned animation it may not work for lower editions. It doesn't work well with A5 templates -- I didn't try A6 beta templates. Ent_animate is not a good idea makes the model to strange things. Custom code with ent_cyle and ent_blend seems to work fine. To fix the problems I would probally have to reanimate it(less expensively of course. Also if anyone what to try their hand at it I have a text file with the frame names in it and used the base frame name for some odd frames in the middle that just looked like a basic standing frame.

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/27/04 07:10

Hi guys, here's the dwarf model in mdl format with qc script, it has been exported out of milkshape. The axe skin is not on the model because the version of A6 I am using dose not support multiple skins. Or I don't know what I'm doing . Anyway its for you to use and fix up as you can. I will leave it up for about a week. The animations are just the numbering system that Psonic uses so you may have to change this to suite your needs but it is easy enough to do in Med.

Here's the link. Its a bit over 2 megs do to the number of med animations I quess.

A6 Dwarf Semi Complete

Guardian

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/27/04 10:52

FYI: I am fixing Guardian's model and will upload it when I get it straight.

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/27/04 12:43

just relized I never posted the link anyway it was a bit buggy I fixed the skin on guardian's and named the frames.

http://home.comcast.net/~wadams73/dwarfmdl.zip
Posted By: Metal_Thrasher

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/27/04 13:48

Hey, while we're all converting Psoinic's model's. I bet someone would love to convert this one... here ....please?

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/27/04 15:48

great work, thanx to psionic and thanx to guardian and wade for converting it
Posted By: old_bill

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/27/04 18:06

Nice model, thanks for the contribution!

old_bill

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/28/04 04:47

Hi all, I was just wondering it seems some of the animations for shaking the head yes or no are corruped. Does anyone else find this problem? Wondering if Wade could take a look at it. I know the part he did was more complex then my contribution. Maybe I need to download it again. I don't know.

Haven't really looked at it myself maybe I could just copy and past these frames in?

Thanks in advance.

Guardian

Oh for anyone who needs him here is the dwarf1 skin for Wades mdl.

dwarf1 skin

My connection is acting funny now so talk to you later.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/28/04 06:16

Great model! Especially the face is impressingly lifeful! Great contribution! Great help converting it to mdl!

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/28/04 06:23

I looks fine to me can someone confirm the problem. The only liberty I took with the model is in the stand frames at the end. I choped some off because there were like 50 nearly Identical frame. If I had one complaint about the model that would be it(too many frames). ALso Psionic should look at doing somemodels for the artwork CD.

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/28/04 09:43

OK here is the ninja. If pisonic what to open a new thread for the ninja I can move this over there. This one is nice too. I was happy with my fish contribution until this

http://home.comcast.net/~wadams73/ninja.zip

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/28/04 10:43

Tanks for the quick reply Wade Adams. I'll have to download again I have had some trouble downloading lately. But it may be the fact that I am using A6.114 and have not updated yet. My old system does not like the new updates.

Guardian
Posted By: Metal_Thrasher

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 08/29/04 04:20

thanks Wade and Psionic The model's awesome!
Posted By: JimFox

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 09/02/04 23:32

Many thanks, Psionic,
Great job. The model looks really nice, ingame.
Regards,

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 03/15/06 00:47

I hate to dig up an oldie, but I was thinking about this model that i converted a long time ago and was wondering if someone still had it to save the trouble of me converting it again.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 03/15/06 01:13

To bad Acknex Unlimited Resources seems to be down, but I think the model's up there too. Not sure if it's the converted one though,

Cheers

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 03/15/06 02:04

I didn't have it eaither, just the original one Psionic did.
So i went ahead and recoverted it. skins ( 2 body skins 1 axe skin) animations etc. I just didn't name the animation frames, sorry.

dwarf 2.5 meg aprox
( link won;t be ready for about 10 mintutes after posting this yet. taking a few minutes to upload the file)
I briefly looked at the animations. only one that sort of looked questionable is the spin attack. I think the mesh is violating the > than 30 degree turn between frames causing the mesh to deform. it realy needs an additional frame or 2 in there
Posted By: Tozzy

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 03/15/06 02:06

Awesome model. Seriously awesome. I'll download to see what it looks like. I can learn a lot from seeing the model. Cheers psionic. Fabulous! No MDL7 though . Nevermind I open X file. I think you wasted some space on the beard in the UV Map m8.

Quote:

http://home.earthlink.net/~albine/shot_0.jpg

What on Earth is this supposed to be Grimber?!! A box?? For what lol?

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 03/15/06 02:12

yeah i guess my older screenshot of the dwarf model was named the same as this screenshot above

was helping someone else about changing the sky color background and making it visible though transparent entities

Posted By: StarViper

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 03/15/06 02:21

Any way to fix the texture on the axe?

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 03/15/06 02:24

Quote:

Any way to fix the texture on the axe?

you need to re UV map it if you want it mapped differntly

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 03/15/06 03:13

hey Grimber long time no talk. Did you have the ninja model. I have other feelers out to get the find the model, but i thought i would ask...
Posted By: Grafton

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 03/15/06 04:01

Very cool, Thanks for the work Grimber! Are there any texture maps for it?

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 03/15/06 05:09

nope dont have the converted ninja either. Ive been tring to re export Psionics original ninja as well but i'm having problems with getting the animations with it. ( skins are no problem)

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 03/15/06 22:44

ok i got the ninja bone animations to convert over ( i didn;t name the frames in this either) the animations ay need some fixing but all the frames are there

I only included one of the skins, you can easily open the original file from Psionic and switch it to any of the other skins he made for the model

ninja model aprox 1 meg download

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 03/15/06 23:38

Thanks I will check it out.
Posted By: trister

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 05/08/06 09:40

Hello,

I downloaded this dwarf model and tried to import it into MED and I don't see him at all. Since its .X format..am I correct about bringing it into MED then save to a MDL formet?

BTW - the model looks really nice.Wish I can find mode dwarfs and mages models..hehe
Posted By: VortexSpin

Re: FREE 3D Dwarf Model - 05/19/06 00:24

Is this model only compatible with A6 or will it also work with A5 MED?

(Trying to gather resources for an old engine is tough.)

Let me rephrase: what do I have to do to get this thing, animation, skin, and all, to work in A5?
© 2024 lite-C Forums