PhysX-based car and AI traffic cars

Posted By: painkiller

PhysX-based car and AI traffic cars - 07/06/11 20:05

I want to contribute this as it might be helpful for some people. The code is commented and easy to understand. Includes:

-A PhysX car with proper parameters so it has a more realistic behavior. It has a 6-gear manual gearbox with speedometer and rpm-meter.
-AI traffic cars that follow path, reacts to stops signals, speed limit signals, traffic lights and other cars.

-Traffic signals models made by me, you can use them if you want
-Road models by Reiner “Tiles” Prokein

Move with arrow keys, toggle camera with c and shift gears with a and z

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?vts4cqlgjribi67
Posted By: alibaba

Re: PhysX-based car and AI traffic cars - 07/06/11 20:45

I think it needs to be polished a bit, because the ai doesnīt react to me nor to the stop signs. My speedometer made 3 rounds and you can make music if you drive with 180 and change from 6 to 1 and back grin

But all in all itīs fun grin

Thanks laugh

BTW itīs really hard to steer the car
Posted By: Roel

Re: PhysX-based car and AI traffic cars - 07/06/11 21:04

It plays quite nice, the ai seems to stop at the stop signs, and I think the driving of the car isn't that hard.
however, I get a trackmania feeling: I can move trough the ai car like if it were a ghost.
Posted By: painkiller

Re: PhysX-based car and AI traffic cars - 07/06/11 21:30

Originally Posted By: Roel
It plays quite nice, the ai seems to stop at the stop signs, and I think the driving of the car isn't that hard.
however, I get a trackmania feeling: I can move trough the ai car like if it were a ghost.

yes, that's because if they are rigid physics entities the player's car could get stuck into them
Posted By: jweb

Re: PhysX-based car and AI traffic cars - 07/11/11 19:34

thx for share
© 2024 lite-C Forums