Sword Trail effect

Posted By: DLively

Sword Trail effect - 07/14/11 23:56

Hi!

Can someone please help me with this? I have been trying to get the one on the acknex resources webpage, but no luck. I even just placed the code from the sword trail right into my project, use the same-made action and no luck.

So now i write with a plea for great help, and ask: Could someone please write me something that I can just attach to my sword.

Thank you for you time laugh
Regards,
Devon.
Posted By: Random

Re: Sword Trail effect - 07/15/11 00:11

Show us how you tryed it, otherwise we can only guess...

Re: Sword Trail effect - 07/15/11 00:59

Here is an image;

DIRECT LINK: DIRECT LINK

and a link to the download:
http://www.opserver.de/coni_users/web_users/pirvu/au/scripts/swordtrail.zip

I basically, just copied it from one script to the other.
Posted By: Redeemer

Re: Sword Trail effect - 07/15/11 01:40

It's kind of hard to see your code like that. Could you post it in plain text on the forum?

As for your game... that looks awesome! Link's eyes and arms look a little strange, but geez... I loved the art style in a Link to the Past and that game looks just like it, only in 3D.
Posted By: bart_the_13th

Re: Sword Trail effect - 07/15/11 02:11

OMG, that's look great. Agree with Redeemer, link eyes should be just drawn into model, and maybe you should use model for the hills, they look blocky to me.

You can use my sword trail effect. It looks like this:

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?jknlkbamgvs12zo

Re: Sword Trail effect - 07/15/11 02:51

Here are some better screens.. your seeing his back XD

Thank you very much for the kind remarks! I have been working on this for almost 2 months now and im only like 3% done.. if that tongue

Thank you bart_the_13th! I appreciate your kind generosity! I will try it tomorrow morning, as I am just about to head to bed!

Regards, Devon.

Re: Sword Trail effect - 07/15/11 02:55

One more tongue

I need the trail effect for this in particular, so you can see Link actually spinning his sword... Which is what he is doing, off a cliff tongue

EDIT: Bart_the_13th, could you please convert it to c-script? My game is done in C-Script.. If not i can try and do it myself.

Re: Sword Trail effect - 07/15/11 14:01

The Book of Mudora, the house, the weird fence posts that are placed right next to eachother... Geez, you got EVERYTHING right! laugh

When I'm done with GRUNTS, I want to help you with this. I'm totally serious.

Can I ask, what version/edition of Gamestudio do you use? If you at least use A7, then when I join your project I can convert the code to Lite-C (which is faster, more powerful, and makes more sense IMO).
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: Sword Trail effect - 07/15/11 14:07

Originally Posted By: Redeemer
When I'm done with GRUNTS, I want to help you with this. I'm totally serious.

He should hire a lawyer instead of a programmer, Nintendo is good in shutting down all fan projects without exceptions.

Re: Sword Trail effect - 07/15/11 15:07

Quote:
He should hire a lawyer instead of a programmer, Nintendo is good in shutting down all fan projects without exceptions.

http://www.mfgg.net/

This one's the biggest, and it's been going on for about ten years now.
Posted By: alibaba

Re: Sword Trail effect - 07/15/11 15:13

maybe they have a good lawyer grin

Re: Sword Trail effect - 07/15/11 15:26

Quote:
maybe they have a good lawyer

The way I see it, they've never completed a seriously large game and thus aren't worth Nintendo's attention.

If this game stays short and simple, it can probably pass under Nintendo's nose without being noticed.

By the way, I agree with Bart in that the hills look rather blocky. They were obviously created with WED, and although I don't know how else you would do it, you should probably try creating the levels another way.

Re: Sword Trail effect - 07/15/11 22:09

Thank you for your kind remarks!!

My partner and I are not looking for help at the moment. Perhaps at a later date, if we need help, ill get back to you Redeemer. Sorry :)We are using A7, as we prefer it more than A8 (although, we haven't really given A8 a chance yet :P)

On another note; Hopefully Nintendo doesnt hear about this shocked Since it will be big enough. But we are not going to be selling it so I dont really see the need for a big law suite.. In which case - we have no lawyer ^_^

Re: Sword Trail effect - 07/15/11 22:31

I converted the lite-c code to c-script; and I've found a bug..

it creates it at the worlds center pos.. any ideas?

Re: Sword Trail effect - 07/15/11 23:16

Quote:
My partner and I are not looking for help at the moment. Perhaps at a later date, if we need help, ill get back to you Redeemer. Sorry laugh

No problem. If you need any help in the future, I'm available. wink

As for your current issue... Could you post the code? We really can't help unless we know what's going on inside.
Posted By: bart_the_13th

Re: Sword Trail effect - 07/15/11 23:53

Originally Posted By: DevoN
I converted the lite-c code to c-script; and I've found a bug..

it creates it at the worlds center pos.. any ideas?

It looks like you added the whole script to the action, I see that there's another sword to the screen. Actually, you only need to add this to the beginning(variable declaration) of your sword action or sword holding entity

Code:
VECTOR trailpos1;
	VECTOR trailpos2;
	VECTOR trailpos3;
	VECTOR trailpos4;
	ENTITY* trail1;
	var speed = 0;

and add this in the same action, before the wait(1):
Code:
if(speed%2==0)
		{
			trail1 = ent_create("trail1mdl.mdl",my.x,trail);