[FREE] RPG Toolkit codebase

Posted By: Helghast

[FREE] RPG Toolkit codebase - 02/19/13 08:57

Hi guys,

For AUM100 I had donated my entire RPG toolkit code I had written, but I've never uploaded it here.
I think due to that a lot of people might have missed it, which is a shame ofcourse for free stuff wink

So, this started out in my mind as being a complete solution for making an RPG (beginners alike advanced users), but with a lack of time, my own other projects and switching to Unity3D it never got off the ground in the way I wanted it.

The toolkit contains movement, camera systems, NPC's, collision, inventory, animation blending and more.
It's lacking UI and combat though.

All the systems are seperated and can be used on their own outside of the RPG setting for another game as well (which is the part im pretty proud of)

I wrote a PDF file explaining how the thing is supposed to be used:

RPG Toolkit Tutorial PDF

I hope you guys can make any use of it, and I hope you the best with any project!

Just to state it again; This code is completely free for commercial and non-commercial use, basically do whatever you like with it. I dont want anything back for it, I received a lot of knowledge here over the years, see it as my way of paying back!
All i'd like (not even required) is a simple email whenever you make anything with it showing me what you did. This is purely because I like seeing new projects laugh

Download RPG-Toolkit codebase:
RPG Toolkit code (~1MB total)

One last thing, the project has several files/folders in there that arent used, they were setup so that at a later point in time I could do something with them. Unfortunately, that never happened.

Hope this is of any use to you!
kind regards,

Dennis
Posted By: lostzac

Re: [FREE] RPG Toolkit codebase - 02/19/13 09:28

Can not wait to take a look at this, as I am working on an Rpg now..This could save me a lot of work...Thanks a lot
Posted By: Det

Re: [FREE] RPG Toolkit codebase - 03/01/13 00:08

Thanks for you work and your know how -) and the many times you spend for this-)
Posted By: 3run

Re: [FREE] RPG Toolkit codebase - 10/05/14 20:31

I wanted to report two bugs, but I'm not sure will you be up to fix them man tongue When you set collusion only for a single entity on the level, it will push itself away from itself (this sound weird, but I don't know how to describe it better grin ). And if you kill pushable NPC, you'll get crashes, same happens when player dies (probably the pointer still exist).

Greets grin
© 2024 lite-C Forums