Crome Shader

Posted By: Braxton

Crome Shader - 01/25/05 09:06

----------------------------------------------------CROME SHADER Version 1.0----------------------------------------------------

Shader created by: DragonXdark
Scripting (other than shader) created by: Braxton

Info: Version 1.0 takes any texture you want and makes it apply to any model
of your choice and give that texture a crome look.

Controls: When you download this shader there is a demo level included. THe controls for the demo level are as follows- R = Roll, T = Tilt, P = Pan. Also you can press minus to change the direction of the Pan, Tilt, or Roll (backwards).

Screenshots:

This is a picture of the first built in texture you can use (comes with the download)

This is a picture of the second built in texture you can use (comes with the download)

Download: Crome Shader Verion 1.0 (2.4 mb)

Please tell us what you think, and if it is worth it to start making Version 1.2.
Posted By: Blattsalat

Re: Crome Shader - 01/25/05 09:30

didnt tried it yet, but one suggestion for v1.2 would be a 2nd skin map that determines the ammount of the chrome look and blends the standard maping with the chrome shader. Kind of a region map (opacity map for the shader effect).
Imagine making a knight with a helmet where only the helmet should be chrome looing.

Re: Crome Shader - 01/25/05 10:05

You could just make two differen models, but I will see what I can do.
Posted By: Tozzy

Re: Crome Shader - 01/26/05 09:06

Hey Braxton, no offence, just wanted to point out that it's spelt 'Chrome' because it wouldn't look too good on your program spelt 'Crome' . Hope this helps. Good luck with your shader Braxton! Looking good
Posted By: Metal_Thrasher

Re: Crome Shader - 01/26/05 09:52

Nah, he just spelled it Crome instead of Chrome becuase it's it's cooler than "chrome". If ya ask me he should spelled >|rome [or krome] that'd be coolest . I programmed that crome shader itself, well mostly...it's adapted from the code in wiki, but it looks more like a crome and/or plastic (depending on the sprite you use). Most of with code is from the wiki, but I think I produced a nice effect outta it either way .Anyway, C&C accepted.
By the way, it does work with skins blending with the "krome".

Re: Crome Shader - 01/26/05 23:34

Yup that is what the first skin screenshot is.

Re: Crome Shader - 01/28/05 04:26

Yeah it's very clever what you've done there . Hey how about: [hrome or [rome? :P Just had that little idea. Good luck!
Posted By: Nadester

Re: Crome Shader - 01/28/05 10:59

I'm liking the Banshee more than anything

Although thanks for sharing..

Re: Crome Shader - 02/07/05 10:57

I actually got that from the reacource site that conitec has.

Re: Crome Shader - 02/07/05 12:54

What are the terms of use? That's def. the same thing as the one from Halo... I'm sure Bungie wouldn't be too pleased if people were using it in commercial projects. (Not to scold you, the use of it here is fine. Just in general.)

Re: Crome Shader - 02/07/05 14:18

Quote:

What are the terms of use? That's def. the same thing as the one from Halo... I'm sure Bungie wouldn't be too pleased if people were using it in commercial projects. (Not to scold you, the use of it here is fine. Just in general.)

Nadester, don't be so obtuse, we aren't showing off the model and you know it. He just picked it as a mesh for the crome shader. It's jsut an example. There are no terms of use for the banshee you CAN't use it, it's from Halo. It's a crome shader, the terms of use are free. No model for you!

Re: Crome Shader - 02/09/05 02:18

Hey how come the EXE won't work? Do I have to recompile or something? It keeps saying script modified when I click on the EXE. Just wanted to test your shader :P Any suggestions please?

Re: Crome Shader - 02/09/05 04:26

DragonXDark, please read my post more carefully. First off, I'm not saying that you can't use it.

Quote:

(Not to scold you, the use of it here is fine. Just in general.)

Secondly, there are terms of use. He must have gotten it from somewhere, which he claimed to be conitec. Chances are, either you can use it noncommercially, or not at all. But if Conitec is distributing it, they would most def tell you something - otherwise we'd have people using it in games they intend to sell.

And according to you,

Quote:

There are no terms of use for the banshee you CAN't use it, it's from Halo.

That would mean you can't use it either, figuritively speaking.
Posted By: Josh_Arldt

Re: Crome Shader - 02/09/05 05:42

Take a look at this Nadester. Acknex Unlimited click on the models button.

At the very top there is a Battle Rifle from Halo2 with a free license.

If you scroll down a bit you will see a Doom3 pack.
The license is set to free. I have been having to tell many people that they can't use them in their games that they intend to sell.

Scroll down some more. There is a Halo pack with a Limmited license.
And also farther down the list there is a Warthog for Halo with a Free license.

There are also a bunch of other models from other games that have a "free" license on Acknex Unlimited.

Pretty confusing to all of these people if you ask me.
I think that we should have all models from other games license changed to "Limited" on Acknex Unlimited.

Re: Crome Shader - 02/09/05 08:50

Quote:

DragonXDark, please read my post more carefully. First off, I'm not saying that you can't use it.

Quote:

(Not to scold you, the use of it here is fine. Just in general.)

Secondly, there are terms of use. He must have gotten it from somewhere, which he claimed to be conitec. Chances are, either you can use it noncommercially, or not at all. But if Conitec is distributing it, they would most def tell you something - otherwise we'd have people using it in games they intend to sell.

And according to you,

Quote:

There are no terms of use for the banshee you CAN't use it, it's from Halo.

That would mean you can't use it either, figuritively speaking.

What I'm saying is regaurdless of the lisence the guy who made the model can't have you use it in commercial circumstances. You of course can use it non-commercialy. Otherwise there is no use for it as it's property of Bungy and Microsoft.

Re: Crome Shader - 02/09/05 08:54

Of course I know that - my point was that it should have some sort of disclaimer with it, in which it does not. As HSB stated, many of the models on Acknex Unlimited that are from other games are just listed as "free", without any refference to their actual owners. Someone who didn't recognize them, and used them, could get into a lot of trouble.
Posted By: ISG

Re: Crome Shader - 02/09/05 09:33

Quote:

Hey how come the EXE won't work? Do I have to recompile or something? It keeps saying script modified when I click on the EXE. Just wanted to test your shader :P Any suggestions please?

Obviously you must have modified the script (Opened it up in SED and re-saved it with or without changes). If this is the case, please download the file again and don't make any changes.

I haven't downloaded the file yet, just check and see if thats the answer to your problems. Thats the most reasonable solution out there.

@Nadester
Come on, last night you wouldn't let anyone pick on the others, so you shouldn't be picking on the model they chose to use. Thats their personal showcasing model of choice, and you can't make them change it now. Let things, people, whatever be and finish BBR for all of us.

Re: Crome Shader - 02/09/05 09:47

As I keep saying, I'm not picking on them at all... just making my point that Acknex Unlimited shouldn't release them as naked as they are.

Re: Crome Shader - 02/09/05 10:18

Quote:

Acknex Unlimited shouldn't release them as naked as they are.

I think that not only should the license change for these model or other resources, but they should also give a link to some-sort-of licensed agreement or disclaimer for these resources.

Quote:

As I keep saying, I'm not picking on them at all...

@DragonXdark This:
Quote:

didn't come across to me as Nadester picking on you.
I think you definately took it the wrong way.
The way I see it he was just curious as-to the terms of use to keep the two of you out of trouble.

If you are still offended by what he said then take ^that post(the one above mine) as an appology.

Re: Crome Shader - 02/09/05 12:28

Quote:

Acknex Unlimited shouldn't release them as naked as they are.

Hmmm, just to think I was thinking Acknex Unlimited should more naked models
Anyway, now that I see what you mean I agree...but for the sake of being careless I'll just keep the banshee there...actualy come to think of it I didn't even pick the banshee Braxton did.

Re: Crome Shader - 02/10/05 04:16

Quote:

Hmmm, just to think I was thinking Acknex Unlimited should more naked models

lol

Re: Crome Shader - 02/10/05 07:51

Hey guys sorry, i just tried to use the edit feature and it has been too long. The banshee was made by 'Thomaz'. You can find the pck on Acknex Unlimited Resource site.

I forgot to mention it was made by him.

BTW - this isn't a commercial project it is free.

BTW2 - I picked the model because it looked cool with the shader.

Anyways, could we please get back to the subject of this thread... DragonXdark's shader.

@Toz - Please redownload the file again and retry with out mesing with the script.

I hope you liked this shader,
Braxton

Re: Crome Shader - 02/11/05 05:33

Braxton I swear I didn't modify the script lol. But I'll have another try and redownload and see it mysteriously works (this time). Thanks :P

After The Second Attempt:

And no I did not modify the script in any way. I have standard edition by the way, could this be why?

I just clicked on the EXE file as you can see in the folder. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I presume the application is beta? If that's the case, am I the 1st user to report a bug lol?

Re: Crome Shader - 02/13/05 05:49

Yes, but you need the Commercial edition to run this shader. That is your problem.
Posted By: Rhuarc

Re: Crome Shader - 02/13/05 07:13

Brax... if you look at that window you'll see that he DOES have A6 Commercial

-Rhuarc

Re: Crome Shader - 02/13/05 07:16

And I quate from him:
Quote:

I have standard edition by the way, could this be why?

He just said he had the standard version.

EDIT - Wow, he does (just noticed the window where it says the version). I wonder why he said I have the standard version

EDIT2 - Wait a minute that is my version. I will upload it again.
Posted By: Error014

Re: Crome Shader - 02/13/05 07:18

Braxton, that wont give you a "startup failure"-message (at least i guess so :P) - however, you did publish it and then upload it, right? If so, the edition he owns doesnt matter at all.

EDIT: And the edition given in that window is the edition which was used to create the program - if you publish it, then its your edition

Re: Crome Shader - 02/13/05 07:32

Alright I have upload the "fixed" version.

Download: Crome Shader Version 1.1 (1.68 MB)
Posted By: Team_GamesArk

Re: Crome Shader - 02/13/05 16:19

Hi,

it seems this is a broken link, i can't download the file.
I get this error meassage "The system cannot find the file specified."

Frank

Re: Crome Shader - 03/27/05 09:12

it works fine for me and the people i have had test it. (Sorry it took me so long to respond).
Posted By: Ambassador

Re: Crome Shader - 03/27/05 18:55

Quote:

(Sorry it took me so long to respond)

LOL... Over a month... It's not a long time. X)
Posted By: spartan131

Re: Crome Shader - 07/22/05 00:21

hey why wont the link work to the crome shader work? is it deleted?
Posted By: broozar

Re: Crome Shader - 07/23/05 08:53

same here, link won´t open, 404 site.

Re: Crome Shader - 07/24/05 03:33

lol, it's been a while
I still have my original script for it somewhere...but I lack the package braxton made out of it.
Posted By: Daedelus

Re: Crome Shader - 07/24/05 04:34

I think you can find it here:

http://www.3dgs-resource.tk/

Re: Crome Shader - 07/24/05 04:37

It says this page cannot be displayed
Posted By: Nems

Re: Crome Shader - 07/24/05 05:42

It opens for me, maybe you could try it again cause, the shader level is there.

Re: Crome Shader - 07/24/05 05:50

ok, it might because of my computer. ill see what up with it..
Posted By: broozar

Re: Crome Shader - 07/24/05 08:32

site works well, but the link to the shader pack seems to be broken
© 2024 lite-C Forums