Facebook Page

Posted By: Dooley

Facebook Page - 04/04/15 04:25

I was looking for a Facebook group of Game Studio users, but I couldn't find one. So, being the adventurous person I am, I created one myself.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/856168811117737/

I noticed that Unity 3D, Blender and a lot of other software have Facebook groups where people share their stuff. The benefit is that they are public, and other people will be able to see the software, and what people are doing with it. Anyway, if you're interested, join the group!
Posted By: preacherX

Re: Facebook Page - 04/04/15 07:39

Great idea!
Posted By: PadMalcom

Re: Facebook Page - 04/04/15 09:11

Oh hey, we do have a group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gamestudio/
Posted By: txesmi

Re: Facebook Page - 04/04/15 14:06

Originally Posted By: Dooley
...they are public...

They are not public. Only fb users can see them.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Facebook Page - 04/04/15 14:16

@txesmi Facebook claims about a Billion users(True fact). It is one of the larges private sites in the world. Open exposure to that large a user base is basically public exposure.

Re: Facebook Page - 04/04/15 14:29

Since we have two pages now, Why not split time zones. @Dooley could host GameStudio USA or West or something.
After all there is the whole problem of many people in very different time zones. Not that I am suggesting in kind of exclusion.
Posted By: FBL

Re: Facebook Page - 04/04/15 20:43

As Facebook is not necessarily live chat, time zone doesn't really matter all that much...

Besides that I see no reason two have another nearly dead group next to an already nearly dead one wink

Re: Facebook Page - 04/04/15 20:54

LOL - Aside from the users personal taking on a public campaign to promote this engine, I do not foresee any resurrection for this engine.
Posted By: Dooley

Re: Facebook Page - 04/05/15 04:13

I guess that's the reason I wanted a Facebook group. If the engine is "dead," then why are we still here? I like it because I can write Lite-c code, and when I have a creative thought, I want to implement it right away. I also think windows is still a fairly big platform to work on, so it's not like I'm writing Atari 800 games...

Eventually though, I'll probably either transfer over to Unity ... or Conitec will actually implement some of the features they've talked about, and we'll be able to port to Android devices.

Also, I believe in God, and all things are possible laugh
Posted By: sivan

Re: Facebook Page - 04/05/15 11:24

you could make some other, more practical groups:
1) 3dgs users moved to Unity
2) 3dgs users moved to UE4
Posted By: Feindbild

Re: Facebook Page - 04/05/15 12:51

It's spelled unofficial, not unnoficial.
Also, I'd be too ashamed to join, I have my mom on FB.

Re: Facebook Page - 04/05/15 16:09

@ Sivan + 1 to transition groups + 2 to sivan leading the group for UE4

@Feindbild LMAO - And yes they should change that word to Users not unofficial
Posted By: DLively

Re: Facebook Page - 04/05/15 16:30

especially not unnoficial grin
© 2024 lite-C Forums