I''m bored... have a texture request?

Posted By: sempronius

I''m bored... have a texture request? - 12/31/05 12:12

like the topic said... I'm bored, anyone have a texture request?
Posted By: Thomas_Nitschke

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 12/31/05 12:20

People who appear not to have anything to do at the moment are about the best that can happen to a "User Contributions"-visitor. I have a wish, indeed
I'm in need of a nice medieval roadtrack texture with alpha-channel, i.e. two tracks with a transparent part inbetween and fading smoothly to their left and right sides. The texture is going to be put on a seperate road model which will then be deformed according to the terrain underneath, therefore it needs an alpha-channel to blend with whatever terrain-texture.
Since you say you're bored - why not try this one? I'd be grateful
Posted By: EX Citer

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 12/31/05 12:56

How about a cold nude skin texture, with bump map. (when itīs cold the skin gets bumpy). 512x512 or something and tileable I donīt expect you will do it, just for fun.

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 12/31/05 13:07

a couple of photos I took.
Posted By: puhmann

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 12/31/05 13:11

What about a real nice multiple layer Space-Skysphere ... with some stars, starfog, a sun etc.

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 12/31/05 13:13

I'll give the road a try first. I'll have to dig around and see if I have some good dirt images.
Posted By: Edgecrusher

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/01/06 04:48

I'd need Scifi textures ála doom3 or other scifi games. Especially lab ones ( have to be very sterile looking )

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/01/06 12:02

ok.. the dirt road

the dirt and grass are temp textures for the moment, but if I understand correctly what you are wanting

you are looking for just the dirt tracks... the surrounding area will be blended in through the alpha channels later, so something like this...

with your final results with the alpha channel blending looking something like...

like I said before, the dirt and grass are only temp images... and for your needs you don't want any of the grass, just the dirt tracks.

If this is is correct then it shouldn't take very long to finish these up... I'll probably release a set with the grass included for others to use
Posted By: JoraSell

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/01/06 12:23

sempronius,
what equates boredom for you? just curious, don't answer if you don't want to.

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/01/06 12:39

I suppose sitting around with no motivation to work on the things I should be working on which leads to me just staring at my computer screen... small side projects can be a nice way to break things up and give me a chance to work on something different.
Posted By: ello

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/02/06 08:01

thanks!

some groundtextures broken stones, rusty metal plates, cementwalls with metal cracks ...

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/02/06 08:57

ok, not the alpha channel versions yet.. but, some work in progress

comments anyone?

Posted By: broozar

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/02/06 10:51

need a metal texture with some wires and pipes hangin out, but it may not look damaged, just neglected. itīs for a scifi machine..
Posted By: DARKLORD

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/02/06 10:57

Looks very good!
Posted By: June

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/03/06 07:45

I love them. Keep making them please so I can use them.
-Regards
Posted By: Loopix

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/03/06 08:32

Nice ones! How about medieval roof-textures (straw, stone tiles, old dirty tiles,) I'd pay for them if they are not too expensiv!
Posted By: Aron

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/03/06 14:33

medieval roof textures would be very nice.

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/03/06 15:30

if you are still bored;)

different rotten stone/wood/metal textures that would be great

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/03/06 16:33

Hey thanks sempronius! It's great you have been bored for long enough to complete the roadtrack textures, this is just what I needed
Could you upload the alpha-channel versions somewhere once they're done?
Cheers!
Posted By: bupaje

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/05/06 20:25

Really nice work. I was actually going to suggest roof textures as well. If you create any with a neutral texture then we can add additional layers to change the color etc. I find getting all the texture tiles to line up, shading and everything takes a long time so a couple of roof textures to use as layers would speed up the development.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/05/06 22:20

Quote:

ok, not the alpha channel versions yet.. but, some work in progress

comments anyone?

Great stuff, but I would like one with only dirt too, that way you've made a complete ready to use package
Thanks,

Cheers

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/05/06 23:05

I'll upload the complete package in a day or two... I wasn't very happy with the grass but there haven't been any negative comments about it so I'll go with what I have... It'll also include a solid dirt, right turn, T intersection, the alpha channels, the layer masks and some other things.. trying to create a complete dirt road set... as always, whenever I start something that I plan on being a small project it turns into an 800 pound gorilla.

After that I'll look through the other posts and see what other requests have been made.

so last chance to make commets... however, i did notice that I've exceeded my bandwidth so that may make it difficult for anyone to actually see the WIP's I've uploaded so far
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/05/06 23:06

Quote:

I'll upload the complete package in a day or two... I wasn't very happy with the grass but there haven't been any negative comments about it so I'll go with what I have... It'll also include a solid dirt, right turn, T intersection, the alpha channels, the layer masks and some other things.. trying to create a complete dirt road set... as always, whenever I start something that I plan on being a small project it turns into an 800 pound gorilla.

After that I'll look through the other posts and see what other requests have been made.

Very cool and very appreciated, you definately earned yourself a nice place in my game's credits ,

Edit: By the way, could you fix the bandwidth problem? I'd really like to see the terrorxero textures, just curious... It's one of those 3dgs games I've got my eyes on ,

Cheers
Posted By: Excessus

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/05/06 23:40

Quote:

so last chance to make commets... however, i did notice that I've exceeded my bandwidth so that may make it difficult for anyone to actually see the WIP's I've uploaded so far

You can upload images for free and without data limit at www.photobucket.com, and www.imageshack.us.

Really nice work from what I saw last time I visited this thread!

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/06/06 08:36

this is mostly a test... for image hosting and tracking the bandwidth, however, comments and critisism are always welcome

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/06/06 08:53

nice.. did you read my request?? i ask, because you didnt even say: no i wont...

those walls are really cool:)

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/06/06 10:46

yeah... I did see your request... once I finish up the roads I'll take on the next project... I might be able to get some broken stones in with the roads which would take care of one of your requests.

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/06/06 11:37

great to hear. thanks for your contribution so far. you are doing a good job with those textures:)

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/06/06 17:20

Very nice. Like that wall.

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/08/06 02:49

ok... I got a little lazy at the end and didn't actually make the TGA versions with alpha channels, but, they are done...

11 dirt road textures
11 matching alpha textures
dirt and grass texture

click on the pic to download

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/09/06 16:34

Thanks a bunch, sempronius!
The road textures are much appreciated. I think I'll just merge them with their respective alpha-channels with tgacomb

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/10/06 02:12

ok... on to the next project... here are some of the requests...

Quote:

I'd need Scifi textures ála doom3 or other scifi games. Especially lab ones ( have to be very sterile looking )

some groundtextures broken stones, rusty metal plates, cementwalls with metal cracks ...

different rotten stone/wood/metal textures that would be great

another request was for some cold looking skin and a bumpmap... I played around with this but I wasn't able to get any usable results.

I havent decided yet what to do next... I'm weighing the options to see what I can put together the fastest and what would be the most useful for the community.

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/10/06 06:46

I have a skin sample for someone who asked quite a while ago if you are interested http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/232807 the file at the bottom that says skin_psd.zip -the other one doesn't have layers.

If you use that as a basic idea or even just add some new color layers to make the skin hue more blueish that might do it. You can mess with the opacity settings of the layers and you'll see you can change the skin texture a lot just that way from showing it more grainy, less/more veins, show a sample scar and bruise etc.

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/10/06 06:56

reading your post, i had an idea...

take the skin texture and using a medical type texture of veins or inner-body stuff as a 2nd layer might give good results.

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/10/06 07:40

Quote:

I havent decided yet what to do next...

well, maybe you can create some of those i mentioned in the posts i've made earlier above

"some groundtextures broken stones, rusty metal plates, cementwalls with metal cracks ..."
"different rotten stone/wood/metal textures that would be great"

i believe to make good loocking of these frees you from being bored:)

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/10/06 21:30

Quote:

reading your post, i had an idea...

take the skin texture and using a medical type texture of veins or inner-body stuff as a 2nd layer might give good results.

I actually created a simple red layer for the muscle and a used a marble filter and blue color for the veins and smaller of the same in red for the cappilaries for this simple demo. If you replace either of those layers with more accurate layers of real meat/muscle and veins/cappilaries it will help.

I also second ellos suggestion - you can't ever have enough medieval rpg style stones, rocks, wood, iron....

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/11/06 10:30

some more junk... playing around with some new ideas

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/11/06 10:49

very nice, "junk"
Posted By: Edgecrusher

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/11/06 12:30

WOW!!!!!
nice one!!
How did you make them
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/11/06 15:47

Excellent job, those textures are really nice.

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/12/06 09:26

question... a couple of posts back, the crusty white walls, windows and door... I'm stuck on what direction I should go with those.

Any ideas on how I should further develop those into a complete set... at first I was thinking of making another medieval/ancient/fantasy city set but I'm curious about what everyone else thinks... what do they look like too you?

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/12/06 09:37

you mean those you called "junk" ? you could built some based on those but with cracks or holes. or maybe some metal accessoires like rusty pipes or hooks or such stuff
or with some wooden inlays, or blood spatters
Posted By: mo1e

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/18/06 19:53

looking for a nice wall texture for a prison cell and an underground walkway technically greyish bricks with green moss on them?
Posted By: GeishaG

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/29/06 02:20

Hey Sempronius, these are really cool Any chance you could make the red brick one with a plain wall and with a door to complete the set?

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/29/06 23:20

so let it be written, so let it be done

Posted By: FeiHongJr

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/29/06 23:43

These are excellent textures Thanks alot for all your work.

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/31/06 08:27

nothing new... fixed my web page...
Posted By: indiGLOW

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/31/06 09:06

Photo based, built up in photoshop?
Posted By: JimFox

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/31/06 18:17

I am really impressed. I plan to use some of these, and will be happy to give you credit.
If you are still looking for ideas, I have a request. Your "crusty wall series" is great, but I think it would fit my game theme better if the windows had bars over shutters, rather than glass. The rationale is that glass was very expensive in Roman times, and bars were needed for security. Shutters, opening inward, were necessary in cold or inclement weather, & at night for privacy. So, if you are looking for a useful variation, I think that might be one to consider. Thanks again.
Best regards,

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 01/31/06 23:19

indiGLOW, yes, most of it is some form of photo manipulation... some elements are created from scratch, just depends on which texture.

JimFox, I was planning on expanding the crusty wall into a complete set and so what has been posted are WIP's while I've experimented with different ideas, the bars and shutters are a good idea, unfortunately, my comp is down and out so I won't be doing any work until I pick up a replacement, which might take a while.

BTW, go ahead and use them however you like.... and sell millions of compies of your game so I can add a 'published' game to the old resume
Posted By: DLively

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 02/09/06 18:08

Hi! I like your textures... they are very good, otherwise I wouldn't be making a request anyway, can you make me a few big city building textures? I need it for my survival horor game... I may also post for another or two after...

Thanks!
Posted By: AndyG

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 02/09/06 23:09

really cool stuff
Posted By: ruthger

Re: I''m bored... have a texture request? - 02/21/06 14:39

@sempronius,
need hosting (free)
including around 9.6 gb bandwith and 200 mb free webspace
the link looks something like this:

http://sempronius.d-sig4u.nl/image1.jpeg
or