Sylex Examples :)

Posted By: Matt_Coles

Sylex Examples :) - 02/11/06 01:51

Here are some small examples from my collection of Sylex 3
I couldn't add all the features and fix the small bugs because my monitor blew up and now I'm working off the TV till I can afford a new one, but I promised to release something today so here it is:
version 0.5 of the sylex example pack
I will increase the library soon and fix the small prob with Motion Blur
This pack contains motion blur and bloom, and render camera

Sylex Examples

Hope you enjoy,

Matt Coles

P.S. there are some screens on the motion blur topic in the shaders forum
Posted By: XNASorcerer

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/11/06 03:49

Your server is too slow.
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/11/06 05:04

no its not,i downloaded with 180kb/s o_O thats good enough

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/11/06 05:46

I have a very good connection and it took me 1 our.

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/11/06 06:35

That doesn't seem right. The server puts out around 360kb/s in Australia, and it should be DS_Kihakus speed outside the country. Maybe my host company had some maintenance or your ISP did.
Can anyone else confirm the slow connection?
Posted By: TWO

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/11/06 08:20

*g* 12 secs to download.
But it´s nothing specal yet, just for peoples who don´t know how to implent slx3

Xpresso
Posted By: Hellcrypt

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/11/06 14:27

Wow that's a cool blur, except I do not see the bloom effect at work.
Posted By: broozar

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/11/06 16:21

huh? what´s too see there? a blurred cbabe, is it right - or is my GraCard wrong again?

[edit]

yeah, that´s exactly what i experience, DS_etc.
|
|
v
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/11/06 16:57

well i just see a whole blured level, like everything is un-sharp.
it doesnt look like a mothin blur shader o_O and i cant see any bloom.

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/11/06 23:37

It's the motion blur shader simply turned on for fullscreen. This is the example Sylex 3 gave us. It is one of the few problems I'm having with Sylex, This is going to be fixed soon hopefully. Just turn off activate_motionblur in your main script, the bloom effect can be increased by the sun in WED and by the script (read the readme file).
Posted By: William

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/13/06 07:22

For some odd reason i'm receiving this when starting the engine:

"Crash in SLX3Initialize"

Any ideas? I've put the .dll in the plugins folder and have all the reasources in the work folder. Included the scripts and the lines in main(). There isn't any code errors either.
Posted By: TheGameMaker

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/13/06 17:58

great thanks!!

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/16/06 10:33

@ William - Have you included the folders 'SLX3content' and 'source' in your main project folder?
Is anyone else getting this?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/16/06 14:46

Great job Matt! Did Xexes give out the source for this? I was looking at some of the effects this dll can do:
brightpass
combine
hbloom
hblur
monochrome
negative
pixellight
simpleBlur
vbloom
vblur
water

Wow!

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/16/06 21:22

He helped me out a little bit
Posted By: Aram

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/18/06 13:31

Does anyone have the English manual?
I don't know where to find it
Posted By: Slin

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/18/06 15:03

I think there is no engish one at the moment.

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/18/06 16:39

Quote:

I think there is no engish one at the moment.

Well I'm using an online translator to have the english version for now, I understand most of the concepts. May be I edit it myself an put it here .
Posted By: oronll

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/18/06 20:44

where is the manual?
Posted By: TheExpert

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/18/06 21:20

Why your plugin isn't part of official 3DGS distribution ?
every 3DGS user with at least commercial version like me should have
your plugin with the package !

i don't know why commercial version don't have render to texture caus some plugins like yours Sylex or some others allow render to texture ???

i've already reasked that to conitec team , but negative response :
i really don't understand them ??

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/19/06 00:28

Quote:

where is the manual?

I downloaded it in the period it was available here:
http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/570487/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1/nt/9
and this was the link:
http://www.sunset-down.net/downloads/sylex301de_beta4.zip

but i don't think it works.

Btw, I have used the translator for all parts of it. If someone knows a good free Chm maker please tell so i can put it on the website.

Regards,
Posted By: William

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/19/06 03:00

Yeah, I added everything to the main folder. Unsure why it's not loading... I know Sphere had problems when the .fx files weren't in the main work folder(or it wouldn't initialize), but this doesn't seem to initialize either way. Did anyone else try loading it?

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/19/06 06:38

ok ive mess aorund with it and now understand how post processing works with it .. but how the hell do you assign textures and models to IDS?

anyone got a render to texter example they could post?

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/19/06 11:20

Guys I translated the first tutorial and the introduction. But before I continue translating the rest of it, I want to know if this is any good to you.
If you figured out how to use this documentation then let me know so i will continue my translation.

That being said, I want to let you know that i know nothing of German Language and i'm trying to translate it via http://freetranslation.paralink.com/ .
Thus, I will apologise for any inconvinience about this documentation and if there's anything
offensive or defensive toward anyone due to translation let me know and i will fix it immediately.

This is not a side by side translation because i couldn't translate all descriptions but i tried no to miss any vital instruction.

Thanks to Gruß Sebastian Leopold for his great plugin. The credits goes to Gruß Sebastian Leopold.

in german: Dank Gruß Sebastians Leopolds für seinen Steck- Grossen. Die Autorenangaben gehen zu Gruß Sebastian Leopold.

Code:
  ||||Introduction||||
Hello,
in the following paragraph I will try to briefly explain what Sylex 3.0 is used for. Sylex 3.0 is small 3D engine that works with Acknex 3D Game Studio 6.
This engine was written to be used in my project "Sunset Down" and it only works with Commercial or Professional edition of 3D Game Studio.
In this documentation you will find everything you need to know on how to work with our Plugin.

You may ask youselves about the licensing of this plugin. It is Freeware. Simply e-mail me at: SebastianLeopold@aol.com.
In the end, here's a picture from our project Sunset Down:
[TODO: I'll put the picture]

||||Tutorials||||

Tutorial 01: integrate sylex 3.0
Tutorial 01: provideing Render Targets
Tutorial 01: Useing the clip planes
Tutorial 01: Using Post-Processing
Tutorial 01: Write you own Post-Processing
Tutorial 01: Using of Sky boxing
Tutorial 01: Using of Water Objects

[b]||||Tutorial01||||
Introduction: [/b] In this Tutorial I will show you how to insert Sylex 3.0 in your projects. In addition we provide an easy project to start and again to finish.
All resources from the Plugin must be realeased again after you use them.

[b]Installation of Sylex 3.0[/b]
Sylex 3.0 comes with several files. You must copy the files in order to be able to use Sylex 3.0. We begin with the file: sylex3_csr.wdl.
This should go to you Template folder or copy it in the folder which you Script Data is located in your project. The "Sylex3.dll" goes to your acknex_plugins in 3D Gamestudio folder.
You must also copy the SLX3Content into your project folder. Once you copied the necessary files you should now be able to work with the Sylex 3.0 Plugin.

[b]Including Sylex 3.0 into your project: [/b]

At first you must include the C-Script "sylex3_csr.wdl" into your project. You do this by using the include function in C-Script.
In this Script there are a few constants that define the internal data types of Sylex 3.0 representation .
Furthermore there are prototypes of the exported DLL - to access the Sylex 3.0 Plugin functions.
You will find an explanation of the functions with example in this documentation in 'Reference' area.
You must not change this Script. But in some cases this can happen that two or several Plugins use the same Acknex 6 pointer functions.
In this case you must
remove the allocations of these pointers in this file and substitute with your own functions.

Here is how to include this file:

||Code01||
// Includes:
include <sylex3_csr.wdl>;
// TODO: Other includes go here.
// ...
/||Code01||

The next the function that must be called is SLX3Initialize(var_mode, str_title).
This function initializes Sylex 3.0 and makes the components of the Plugins ready for C-Script.
By the way, the first parameter gives the mode in which Sylex 3.0 begins and the second parameter is the title of the 3DGamestudio window.
To receive precise information about this function please check the reference in the area 'general functions'.
You should call the function at the beginning of the Main() function.
Here's an example of Main function that only Sylex 3.0 is initialized and a level loads.

||Code02||
// Main function with initialization of Sylex 3.0:
function main()
{
// Initialization of Sylex 3.0
SLX3Initialize(SLX3_RUNMODE_DEBUG,"Testanwendung mit Sylex 3.02");

// Load level
level_load("Test.wmb");

// Other functions from the Main call
}
/||Code02||

The important step about Sylex 3.0 to be able to use the Plugin correctly is to finish it properly.
This step is most important in this Tutorial because if you use Sylex 3.0 and finish it wrong it will lead to [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_leak]Memory Leak[/url].
The wrong finishing mostly also leads to an error in Acknex 6 engine.
Therefore, we write the function as an example to see how to finish the plugin usage.
The two pointer functions : on_d3d_lost and on_d3d_reset must be set to NULL and then call the function SLX3DeInitialize() before the "exit" function of C-Script/Acknex 6.
In addition, you must provide some key definitions for application window to be closed properly.
For ex, clicking on X at the top-right of the window closes it or if the key F10 is pressed it will exit the software.
The key ESC usually closes the engine , therefore, we will likewise define this key. That being said, we can now begin with the code for this function:

||Code03||
// user-defined Exit function with ending of Sylex 3.0
function userdef_exit()
{
// Sylex 3.0 Deinitialization
SLX3DeInitialize();;

// Pointer functions to be reset.
on_d3d_lost = NULL;
on_d3d_reset = NULL;

// Acknex 6 Engine finishing
exit;
}

Testing definitions:
ON_ESC = userdef_exit; // Define the ESC key
ON_CLOSE = userdef_exit; // Defining the 'X' button at the top right of the window
ON_F10 = userdef_exit; // Behandlung der F10 Taste

/||Code03||

In the next Tutorials you will learn about calling of Sylex 3.0 functions and
how to use for ex, Post-Processing effects and how to show water or sky of Sylex 3.0.
If you have any problem with they tutorial or if something is not functioning properly write an email to me at: SebastianLeopold@aol.com.

Btw, If someone could give me a link of a Free CHM Maker, I can write the tutorial in it and it will not mess up the forum like this.
Posted By: immersionfx

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/19/06 13:42

Goes well so far!

Try this: Abee CHM Maker

Good luck!
Posted By: Dyc

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/19/06 14:36

Thanks for your effort Aram, I was able to initialize the plugin, change resolutions and add bloom effect but I'm having big problems with soft shadows. SLX3ViewSetSmoothShadows(var_id,var_use);
Any help apriciated.
Posted By: VampireLord

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/19/06 22:40

Hey Matt, been messing around with Sylex since the day XeXes gave it away but mainly with the Water Object. Funny as it may seem, I have found some errors but am still getting the most annoying of all "Crash in SLX3EffectInitialize". Have you ever been messing around with this? BTW... for anybody who would like to have motion blur only when moving around use something like this
Code:
var Blur = 1; 

function activate_MotionBlur()
{
if (Blur == 1)
{
// Blureffekte setzen
SLX3ViewSetPostProcessingEffect(10,0,SLX3_PPE_HBLUR);
SLX3ViewSetPostProcessingEffect(10,1,SLX3_PPE_VBLUR);
SLX3ViewSetPostProcessingEffect(10,2,SLX3_PPE_HBLUR);
SLX3ViewSetPostProcessingEffect(10,3,SLX3_PPE_VBLUR);
SLX3ViewSetPostProcessingEffect(10,5,0);

// Post-Processing aktivieren
SLX3ViewSetPostProcessing(10,1);
while(Blur != 0)
{

SLX3EffectSetValue(SLX3_PPE_HBLUR,0,1.5 );
SLX3EffectSetValue(SLX3_PPE_VBLUR,0,1.5 * key_force.y );
wait(1);
}

}

}

// Deaktiviert das Post-Processing
function deactivate_MotionBlur()
{
Blur = 0;
}

Need any help in translating? I am an English/German native speaker and my next 2 weeks will be boring so I am willing to help if you get me rendertargets and water to work

Greetings
Sven

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/19/06 23:11

yeah explain how to define a model ? how do you assign it a number for sylex to use?

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/19/06 23:15

Thanks for the example VampireLord,

I havn't tried the Sylex yet. I translated it to the middle of Tutorial 3. Once I finish translating I also finished learning how to work with Sylex(at least I hope). Too bad that my semester will start on 22nd of this month.

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/19/06 23:38

btw...for creating chm files or even better to decompile chm files you should always use cheap (in this case meaning zero $) original quality Microsoft Software

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defaul...lpDownloads.asp

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/20/06 00:09

There is alot of errors in the manual .. like no wait(1); for the whiles ...
amd some things are misstyped .. like

SLX3TexCreate(13,SLX3_TT_NORMAL);

should be .. SLX3TexCreate(13,SLX3TT_NORMAL);

anyway none of you bastards are going to explain how to define a model ofr render to texture huh .. fine keep it to yourself huh /turns nose up ..

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/20/06 08:21

that's why soo many people have had troubles getting sylex working

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/20/06 09:39

So since I'm translating it, if someone achieved a way to run the parts, Could you be kind enough to put it here so i can write the correct code in the english manual ?

but if you're not, I agree with oronll

Cheers,

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/20/06 09:46

Quote:

btw...for creating chm files or even better to decompile chm files you should always use cheap (in this case meaning zero $) original quality Microsoft Software

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defaul...lpDownloads.asp

Thank you,
I always liked that range of price. I'm downloadig it now.

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/20/06 20:14

ok this is the render to texture tutorial ..

// Viewdefinition für ein RenderTarget:
view rt1
{
layer = -2;
pos_x = 0;
pos_y = 0;
size_x = 512;
size_y = 512;
flags = visible,noshadow,noparticle;
}

// Funktion erstellt ein RenderTarget mit Sylex 3.0:
function Create_RTT1()
{

// View welcher in die Textur gezeichnet werden soll bei Sylex 3.0 anmelden
SLX3ViewRegister(12,"rt1");

// Textur mit Sylex 3.0 für ein RenderTarget erstellen
SLX3TexCreate(13,SLX3TT_NORMAL);
SLX3TexSetFormat(13,SLX3FMT_A8R8G8B8);
SLX3TexSetSize(13,512,512);
SLX3TexSetUsage(13,SLX3USAGE_RENDERTARGET);
SLX3TexSetViewID(13,SLX3TS_FRONT,12);
SLX3TexInitialize(13);

// Whileschleife passt den View der Kamera on so das das selbe
// Bild wie der Cameraview in die Textur gezeichnet wird
while(1)
{
proc_late();
vec_set(rt1.x,camera.x);
vec_set(rt1.pan,camera.pan);

wait(1);
}
}

ok thats all great and stuff .. but how do you get the texture (13) to your model .. /confused ..
Posted By: Slin

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/21/06 18:08

Some questions:

Did anyone of you get render to texture to work in a Level?
Maybe the example for an own post-processing-effect or the water example?
Is the Sky working?
Are softshadows working for somebody?
And what are softshadows?

If you can answer a question with yes an example wouldbe very nice.
I think I got everything else to work.

The "own post-processing-effect" example have a problem with this line in the shader: magFilter = linear;
If I comment this line out its working without any problem but the effect is very weird wich means that I just get a cupple of lines slovly moving over the screen and after some time I the level is hiden behind this lines.

@Oronll: An the manual it says that A6Mesh is not working with this version.
But i´m not sure if it´s right.

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/21/06 23:46

Okay I don't wanna be putting up a competition here at translating the manual but I had some free time today and translated the Tutorial parts as well as the reference part regarding the views and put it into a chm file.

Get it here:

http://www.team-blacksun.de/slx3doc_en.chm

Will do the rest tommorow morning

Greets Sven

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/22/06 00:47

Quote:

Okay I don't wanna be putting up a competition here at translating the manual but I had some free time today and translated the Tutorial parts as well as the reference part regarding the views and put it into a chm file.

Get it here:

This slx3doc_en.chm file doesn't work.

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/22/06 01:07

Quote:

Quote:

Get it here:

This slx3doc_en.chm file doesn't work.

very cool .. im kinda getting the idea of sykex now ..

The thing is after yiu create a texture how do you call on the textures you creatte? whats its name? if i can break that i think ill have it ..

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/22/06 08:23

Quote:

Get it here:

Greets Sven

Thanks a lot man!
As much as translating this manual is easy for you that much is difficult for me. In fact. if i knew that someone will do this favour for us I would have never started translating at the first place. So keep up the good work!
and btw, could you tell me which software you use to make chm files ?

Cheers,
Posted By: capanno

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/22/06 08:32

Sweeeeet! Now where do I download Sylex 3?

Please finish this translation. Thanx!

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/22/06 08:44

up the top of the page, it is included in the examples

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/22/06 08:58

kay. thanx.

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/22/06 09:24

Is anybody else except for Sorcerer having problems with the file?

@Sorcerer: do you have problems downloading? Or is the file not readable afterwards?

Greets
Sven

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/22/06 12:52

Quote:

Is anybody else except for Sorcerer having problems with the file?

@Sorcerer: do you have problems downloading? Or is the file not readable afterwards?

Greets
Sven

I can open the tutorial, but when I click over the index, the page doesn't open, not even one.

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/22/06 18:01

well ive look though the source and have come to the conclusion that a lot of stuff just doesnt work ..

I cant get some of the post efffects to work .. HDR is turned off in the source file though .. I dont have a compiler on this pc to see if i can turn it on .. maybe ill try finding a free compiler later ..

the sky box works .. and i can render to texture on one side of the sky box at a time .. you might can use 6 veiws and render to each side i dont know ..

i havnt been able to get the water plane to work .. which is a big bummer ..

and rendering to models is apparently not even in the source .

chalk this one up to have good .. half letdown ..

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/22/06 23:36

A new translated version is online now at

www.team-blacksun.de/slx3doc_en.chm

It is finally translated completely.

Greetings
Sven

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/22/06 23:46

I am still getting this:

EDITED:
I search for this problem using google and I found this:

http://west-wind.com/weblog/posts/2928.aspx

It is working now!
Thanks.

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/23/06 01:19

Ok people i got it to render a model .. but its still funky .. i get a super bright screen ..

ill keep working on it .

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/23/06 09:11

Yippy thanx vampirelord.

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/23/06 10:08

Thanks a lot vampirelord.

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/25/06 09:23

I was able to run the monochrome and negative effects.
Anyone else tried any part and succeed ?

btw, I can't get the motion blur to work with A6 template.

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/25/06 13:02

are you sure you registered the right camera? I don't know as I don't work with the templates but what is the main view called in the templates and what layer is its layer?

Does the motion blur of Matt's examples work for you?

Greets
Sven

P.S.: I have noticed a strange effect.... HBLUR doesn't work for me only VBLUR
Same goes for HBLOOM only VBLOOM seems to work...anybody have an idea?

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/25/06 18:35

Quote:

are you sure you registered the right camera? I don't know as I don't work with the templates but what is the main view called in the templates and what layer is its layer?

Does the motion blur of Matt's examples work for you?

Greets
Sven

P.S.: I have noticed a strange effect.... HBLUR doesn't work for me only VBLUR
Same goes for HBLOOM only VBLOOM seems to work...anybody have an idea?

yup you can only do one at a time ..as far as i can tell .. you can either do Hblur OR Vblur ..

i cant get tonemapping to work at all which is a bummer ..

i have been able to make a sky box and render to texture one side of it ! yay! /sarcasm

these release of sylex 3 seems just to be a template for some one to finish programming it ..a lot of things do not work .. mainly .. adding y our A6 models .. which is the biggest part to it ..

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 02/27/06 20:37

Yes the Matt's version works for me.
Well I don't exactly know how to play with the camera script of A6. But i havn't changed any code from Matt's example. So the layering should be the same.

I'll see what I can catch in my A6 Camera.wdl.

Cheers,
Posted By: Revo

Re: Sylex Examples :) - 06/14/06 15:13

Hi
Sylex ist wohl warscheinlich ein weiteres herausragendes Plugin für A6
-> da ich allerdings aus zeitmangel das Tut nicht ganz durcharbeiten werde:
könnte nocheinmal jemand die Beispiele online stellen?? (der andere Server bleibt wohl noch ne weile down)

Could anyone put these examples on any webspace again? (because I think that the other server will not be available the next time) (sry for my bad English^^)
greez Revo
© 2024 lite-C Forums