Animation:Master and Gamestudio tutorial

Posted By: dennisb

Animation:Master and Gamestudio tutorial - 03/03/06 20:30

Hi folks.

I just wrote a little tutorial to help people get started with animation master and gamestudio. I hope it is of help to some people. Please feel free to distribute this anywhere you like. If you post it on a web site let me know so I can see. If you have it for download on your website, I advise you don't just point at it to my server for download. I'd appreciate if you uploaded it to your own space. This is just because I don't know how long it will stay in it's current location.

Here it is:

http://www.3dfrog.com/wips/am2gamestudio.pdf

I hope it can help someone.

Cheers
Posted By: Kerkelenz

Re: Animation:Master and Gamestudio tutorial - 03/03/06 21:43

Its a nice tutorial, but I dont use ani-master
Posted By: Blattsalat

Re: Animation:Master and Gamestudio tutorial - 03/03/06 21:47

dont use am but thanks for the effort.

as far as i can tell -without using the software- i think its a good tutorial!

cheers and thanks
Posted By: ventilator

Re: Animation:Master and Gamestudio tutorial - 03/03/06 21:55

thanks! it's always interesting to learn about programs i haven't used. i was a bit disappointed though that there isn't more coverage of the animation process itself since this probably is where animation master really shines.
Posted By: NITRO777

Re: Animation:Master and Gamestudio tutorial - 03/03/06 21:58

I got to use am through a client of mine, it had some cool features but I never sat down and rigged a model with it, I just used the plug and play rigs and models, it was a fun day

Anyway, thanks for the tutorial.
Posted By: Marco_Grubert

Re: Animation:Master and Gamestudio tutorial - 03/03/06 22:27

The WED import problem you mention might be due to fragmotion exporting MDL5 models and newer WED versions expecting MDL7. MED can read either and automatically exports as MDL7.

Re: Animation:Master and Gamestudio tutorial - 03/04/06 08:09

Thanks for checking out my tutorial.

I didn't go more into animating in animation master because there are a ton of resources on that and it is a big subject to cover. It definitely is A:M's strong point though.

Fragmotion exports MDL7, WED just doesn't like them though. Once it goes through MED it is fine. It is no fault of gamestudio.
Posted By: TheStonerunner

Re: Animation:Master and Gamestudio tutorial - 03/04/06 12:23

That's an extremely useful tutorial. I'm about to upgrade my A:M from 2000 to 2006, and this is the *exact* path I was planning on taking to get my models in game. Thanks for answering my questions before they could even form! :-)

Re: Animation:Master and Gamestudio tutorial - 03/04/06 12:30

Awesome stonerunner! I am glad it is helpful!

For much more info on a:m and games visit the game development section on the a:m forums.
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Animation:Master and Gamestudio tutorial - 03/04/06 17:27

Wow thxn dennisb for that great tut
you posted, it realy helped me alot of understanding
ani-master

Thxn again
Posted By: capanno

Re: Animation:Master and Gamestudio tutorial - 03/04/06 17:52

Freakin awesome. Thanx dennisb! You know I like it!

Re: Animation:Master and Gamestudio tutorial - 03/04/06 23:45

I am so glad people find this useful. It was my first tutorial so I didn't know what to think of it. I am glad I am getting good feedback. Even Martin Hash liked it.
© 2024 lite-C Forums