Another music contribution.

Posted By: Harley_Potter

Another music contribution. - 03/31/06 07:41

Hi, guys.
Made this long time ago to use in project (the track is unfinished), but lost motivation to compose music, so soon I'm thinking of contributing most of my work to community.
Click to download. 627 kb.
P.S.
To Irishmen: sorry for messing with your folk-music
Other tracks:
Click to download.
Click to download.
Click to download.

Re: Another music contribution. *DELETED* - 03/31/06 09:34

Post deleted by Harley_Potter
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Another music contribution. - 03/31/06 11:30

three things:
first, post all tracks in ONE post, not in five..
then, the server is dead slow. its so slow im still loading. usually i load 50 megabyte ina few minutes but thsi here klls me...
Posted By: hyde5659

Re: Another music contribution. - 03/31/06 13:28

4 things:
first, he didn't post 5 posts, he posted 4.
second, post something constructive instead of flaming.
third: I like your music, it's good!
Forth: you only posted 2 things, though you said you had 3 things to say... hmm

Re: Another music contribution. - 03/31/06 14:26

six things,
dont call me a flamer
do not waste my time
i posted more, but the server crashed and i was too lazy to re type
the music is okay, but not really much more
i cannot count
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: Another music contribution. - 03/31/06 15:07

One thing: Stop spamming
Posted By: Lost

Re: Another music contribution. - 03/31/06 15:33

Arrgghhh bloody university connection doesnt let me download mp3 files. Any chance of uploading zip versions?

Music is like one of the last things I need for my game and this waste of space LAN connection is screwing up my plans for world domination!!

Re: Another music contribution. - 03/31/06 16:08

2 Joker:
1) I'll edit my post.
2) The server is slow - I know that. But there's nothing I can do - if you have something better (and free) to advice - do it.
3) Na-h, I won't write here the thing I was going to write
2 hyde5659:
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!
2 Lost:
Well, I'll try to find a better hosting place, and than upload zip versions too

Re: Another music contribution. - 03/31/06 23:31

Could some of you post a link here to a free hoster with a fast (relatively fast) server? I want to upload some more tracks, but the hoster I'm currently using is REALLY slow...

Re: Another music contribution. - 04/01/06 01:06

send them to t.koessler@gmx.at ill upload them for you...

Re: Another music contribution. - 04/01/06 12:59

Just sent them - check your mail. Thanks for help!

Re: Another music contribution. - 04/01/06 16:46

here there are...

try´n to be gothic
i sound not bad

Re: Another music contribution. - 04/08/06 00:06

Here's another track:
Click to download
I'm not sure about the download speed - please comment.
And comments to track are also appreciated
Another track:
Click to download
I've made it a long time ago, after listening to Lacrimosa's song called "Malina" ("Echoes" album), so I probably should give a credit to Tilo Wolff

Re: Another music contribution. - 04/09/06 12:50

Guys, does anyone actually needs this? It seems to me I'm spending my time, uploading the tracks, but if noone needs it...

Re: Another music contribution. - 04/09/06 13:29

I would... if i could play them, all my media reproducer programs(Windows Media Player, Winamp & Audacity) report me that the files seem to be bad.

Re: Another music contribution. - 04/09/06 13:52

? The files were converted to mp3 by CoolEdit, using Mp3PRO (FhG) codec.
As far as I remember, Audacity is a CoolEdit, that was bought by Adobe, right?
I've tried to play theese tracks on different computers, and they works...

Re: Another music contribution. - 04/09/06 15:52

I would... if i could play them, all my media reproducer programs(Windows Media Player, Winamp
Posted By: Trooper119

Re: Another music contribution. - 04/09/06 20:07

Since this is in "contribution" are you giving these to the community, if I have your permission I would love to have these (of course you would get a big shout out for making these in my credits), I'm testing them all out now, I've only noticed one so far that doesn't work, yes download was bad for the first installment, I LOVE THIS SOUND THOUGH, lot of depth, I'm a programmer though so I need guys like you to hold my music department up.

You are reporting anywhere from 352 BYTES/sec to 2.06 KB/sec where I normally get 350kb/second on any real server

Your second installment got around 80kb/sec and the one you gave Joker to put in was amazingly fast

Also could you tell me, or do it yourself to make it into a wav, mid file, I have standard (I'm trying to win a contest or something I can't afford commercial or higher), if you don't have the time, how do I change them into a wav or mid file then?

Re: Another music contribution. - 04/09/06 20:16

Note: I tried war and sad paino a day after I tried the other ones so mabey that is the problem.

You are reading a "The input media format is invalid." for war.mp3 and sad_piano I'll report back with any other errors I have.

When I click on help this is the message I get
Quote:

C00D0BB8: Cannot play the file
Windows Media Player cannot play the file. You might encounter this error message for the following reason:

You are trying to play an MP3 file that contains compressed ID3 headers. The ID3 header is a portion of the file that stores the song's album information (for example, the song name, artist name, album name, and genre). This information is sometimes called a "tag."
To fix the problem, make a copy of the file and then use a non-Microsoft ID3 tag editing program to remove or reset the file's ID3 headers. After you remove the ID3 headers, Windows Media Player should be able to play the MP3 file.

Attempting to remove ID3 headers might damage the file and make it unplayable. Therefore, always make a copy of the file before you edit it.

If this solution does not resolve the problem, the file might be corrupted.

Error ID = 0xC00D0BB8, Condition ID = 0x00000000

Your second installment got a seperate problem with Celtic2 getting
Quote:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

and pressing help gave me this message
Quote:

C00D1199: Cannot play the file
Windows Media Player cannot play the file. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:

The file type is not supported by the Player. For a list of file types (formats) that are supported by Windows Media Player, see Supported file types.
The file type is supported by the Player, but the file was compressed by using a codec that is not supported by the Player.
The file type is supported, but you are trying to play it in a way that is not supported by the Player. For example, you might have tried to drag a DVD file with a .vob extension from a DVD to the Windows Media Player icon. Or you might have tried to open a .vob file by clicking Open on the File menu.
You are trying to play one part of a multipart file. Use a newsreader or other program to combine the files, and then try again.
Error ID = 0xC00D1199, Condition ID = 0x00000000

Yet again I went to and found the first error on sad_track that I gave above

Re: Another music contribution. - 04/09/06 20:47

Strange... this is definitely not a ID3 Tag problem, since all the files have the same tags. Well, not the same, but similar.
Uploading wav versions is a problem for me (they are MUCH bigger), because I'm now using 58k modem
When the problem with my connection solves, I'll upload the files to a fast server, but for now this is impossible.
You could make *.wav from *.mp3 by yourself - there are lots of programs, which has this function, you can find free software of this kind in the internet. Or if you have some advanced sound programs, like CoolEdit, Audacity, or something like that, you'll be able to convert

Hm... I watched throug the files and...
What files did you get to play? "My World" and "Gothic attemt"? The thing is, they are not using ID tags - that's right So this actually may be the problem - I'll reupload last two tracks now...

Re: Another music contribution. - 04/09/06 22:36

Ok... if you redownload the last two tracks now, they should work. The links:
http://www.harley-potter.nm.ru/celtic2.mp3
http://www.harley-potter.nm.ru/sad_track.mp3
EDIT:
Ok, here's working "sad_piano" and "war":
sad_piano.mp3
war.mp3

Re: Another music contribution. - 04/10/06 00:15

I tried these last two and they work like a charm, didn't even have to wait for them to download, If I have some time in the near future I will try to look for those transphering programs to make them into wav's for myself, thanks for the download, unrelated, how long did it take you to make these, I'm a programmer like I said so I was curious, they sound great (EDIT: THAT IS A UNDERSTATEMENT THESE THINGS ROCK, I have no idea why no one didn't thank you before me, I'm just lucky I was the first, you'll go far with this stuff), I plan to use them in the near future once I convert them.

Also like you said it would take some doing for you to change them into Wav's so I'm sure I can do it myself, don't stress about it, you did enough as it is, war and sad_piano still don't work I double checked.

P.S. also about the help messages, remember MP3 is a widely used resource, by looking at Microsoft's help they will offer the most probably solution to the problem and label it a number, considering this isn't exactly the common users, use of the software (creating, editing, transphering music in one go) most likely their solution is way off, so good like on even finding that error, whatever you did to the last two worked though, so its mostly probably just a transpher problem, doubt its even your fault.

Re: Another music contribution. - 04/10/06 01:03

Thanks, Trooper, I'm really glad you liked it - this is what this music is made for
It took me about a week or so to make the main stuff for a "sad track". And then about two weeks to polish it. And about a week to make "celtic2" - this one is much simpler. But actually it depends on mood - sometimes you can make a long, nice track in, like, an hour, and sometimes you sit for weeks, doing a three-note melody, and it sound like crap, so I can't really answer your question - time varies
If you won't be able to convert (Happens If someone would tell me to write a simple code, I don't think I'd be able to write it), PM me, I'll do it for you.
The ID problem is an FL problem - this happened to me once or twice - I just didn't know, what was it, so now I finally got it

*"FL" refers to "Fruity Loops" - the program I'm using to make music.

Re: Another music contribution. - 04/10/06 10:27

Like I said when I have a bit of time, unforchanately I have some business half way across the US to deal with for the next few days (family business) so I will not be able to mess with this until thursday to try to transpher it to another format, most definately I will tell you the results with PM, or through the forumn, if you ever need any help, especially related to programming, let me know, I will be more than happy to try to pay you back so until then I am looking forward to using this stuff, its great.

Re: Another music contribution. - 04/10/06 12:17

Tnank you, Trooper!
Check this thread from time to time - I have a lot of work to contribute, and you seem to be the only "customer"

Re: Another music contribution. - 04/10/06 19:40

I don't think that contributing to the community is considered to be a client based endeavor, freeware or creditware I believe is more of the terms you are looking for lol, some people are simply not interested in somethings like music, graphics, storyline, its a pitty though considering you need it all in order to make a hit, most of it is ignored in one form or another. Also you must consider that a game is commonly made (from background music) in the form of one CD of about say 16 songs and then the rest is mostly little snippets for sound effects and little clipits for movies. What I'm trying to get at is that the few amatuers that actually want good sound in their games such as what your offering will get it from someone (probably buy it from somewhere on the web in a library) and once they achieve that selection (once again assuming that they are amatuers) will buy and be done in a course of a day or two and then not look for it again, so that is my theory on why people aren't banging down your door for this stuff. But hey its their loss, we can benifit off one another in the meantime.

I just noticed your update, all of the music works, same consistent qualtity throughout them, very nice.

Re: Another music contribution. - 04/10/06 20:38

Nah, it's not like I'm disappointed about the fact that you're the only one to download the tracks - If someone need it, or finds it nice, I'll continue contributing, so it's ok
Posted By: Lion_Ts

Re: Another music contribution. - 04/10/06 20:45

Thank you for your work, Harley_Potter!
Never give up, if you like your work, we'll like it too...
I'm waiting PM from you
© 2024 lite-C Forums