soundpaint:)

Posted By: ello

soundpaint:) - 05/02/06 09:23

i did some c++ tests this weekend and came up with soundpaint (36k)

you need alleg42.dll , too

pressing "s" saves your image, but only to one filename, since i didnt manage to create automated filenames, yet...

post your masterpieces:)

btw, usually pressing esc exits the proggie, but on some computers you need to kill it using your taskmanager. who knows...

please dont laugh at me for this;)
Posted By: xoNoid

Re: soundpaint:) - 05/02/06 10:03

My masterwork

Posted By: Joozey

Re: soundpaint:) - 05/02/06 12:27

hmz the program crashes in 20 seconds... nothing works after that except closing the program by clicking in the close-button, followed by a "this program does not respond anymore" message .

Re: soundpaint:) - 05/02/06 12:40

hmpf, what to say. i dont know a reason for this. did you try sometimes? at work the computer crashed , too, but when running again it worked. strange... at home while creating it, there where no probs
Posted By: xoNoid

Re: soundpaint:) - 05/02/06 13:26

Well it worked on my computer. Ass you can see from my masterwork

Re: soundpaint:) - 05/02/06 14:45

yes, i know. but well, you wont win a prize with it. or , maybe you will if no other entries are made until... hmm... lets wait some days;)

yes, you read it right.. there will be a unique price:)
Posted By: Tozzy

Re: soundpaint:) - 05/02/06 16:01

Quote:

Ass you can see from my masterwork
Quote:

but well, you wont win a prize with it.

Hey xoNoid you might win something special if you send it in here to this contest:

http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/sho...e=0&fpart=1

Not tried it but, it sounds pretty cool your little proggy Ello . If you ever need any betatesters to test it out, let me know .

Re: soundpaint:) - 05/03/06 06:34

Quote:

Hey xoNoid you might win something special if you send it in here to this contest:

http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/sho...e=0&fpart=1

but there is stated: Don't post blood/gore/sexual content

so xoNoid cant enter

Quote:

Not tried it but, it sounds pretty cool your little proggy Ello . If you ever need any betatesters to test it out, let me know .

too bad you didnt try

Re: soundpaint:) - 05/03/06 08:32

AFTER 17 attempts of creating something and save it on time before it crashes, I got something!

Didn't came further than this though, right after I saved the program didn't respond anymore and crashed...

I call this magnificent piece of art: "ALIENS!!! ALIENS!!! PANIC!!!"

Re: soundpaint:) - 05/03/06 09:03

well, you are leading the contest right now:)

Re: soundpaint:) - 05/03/06 09:11

yes it was hard work to beat xoNoid... his taste of abstractionism is very... ehm, abstract...
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: soundpaint:) - 05/04/06 16:32

It works pretty good at my place , to bad there are not more colors, a undo option would be nice and different sizes of brushes maybe?

ED-it: Please put that 'clear' button in a different place, it's too close to 'colors', which off course get's used a lot, I had already two times that I accidently pushed the clear button, instead of the color button ,

Cheers
Posted By: TripleX

Re: soundpaint:) - 05/04/06 16:46

hmm crashs after ~2-4 seconds.. No idea why?!

Re: soundpaint:) - 05/04/06 16:54

Maybe interferring dll's ? I've simply extracted this program together with the dll into my download folder, and run it from there.

@Ello: Maybe you could also change the 'clear' function to always make a white background? Now there's a 99.9% chance that I will have to search through the colors hehehe just to change the background to white , anyways funny program,

Cheers

Re: soundpaint:) - 05/04/06 16:55

I guess phemox is leading this 'contest' now
@TripleX: Jup, I got the same problem...
Posted By: Eigen

Re: soundpaint:) - 05/04/06 17:03

Pretty cool program. Run just fine here. Only it crashes when I exit. Here's my "masterpiece"

I call it "A tree"

More colors and undo option like stated before would be great.

-Eigen

Re: soundpaint:) - 05/05/06 06:22

wow, we have some nice entries so far!
i really dont know what could cause those crashes. it was mainly some fun project. i think a one step undo could be done easily,

what about having a white colorfield available all time, since i think its good to be able to clear to a specific color

btw, am i right that noone used floodfill?

Re: soundpaint:) - 05/05/06 06:41

The floodfill would be cool if it was the same pattern as the pencil, not just one plain color

Re: soundpaint:) - 05/05/06 09:01

Quote:

The floodfill would be cool if it was the same pattern as the pencil, not just one plain color

yes, that would be cool. maybe i can do that:)

Re: soundpaint:) - 05/08/06 19:57

I did use floodfill, but yeah, the effect is better when it's the same style as the brush indeed, so I painted over all those parts with a brush too.
Having a clear2white button would be nice, or like you said having one white color available all the time would be nice. I would add black as a always available color too.

Cheers

Re: soundpaint:) - 05/10/06 08:53

from my pov PHeMoX has won.anyone disagree;) if no better drawing is made within the next 5 hours he will recieve his price, a 1024x6144 skycube
© 2024 lite-C Forums