Intense Ai: Mother's Den

Posted By: LarryLaffer

Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/01/07 05:34

Happy new year everyone!!

With the occasion, we decided to release our first game, made entirely by our 2-year project, Intense Ai.

The game is called Mother's Den and it's a First Person Shooter which was made using IntenseX tools and absolutely No programming.

IntenseX is a family of tools made to work with any version of A6 and will help you solve complicated problems in your games such as Ai, tree dialogues, weapon systems, game scripting, etc without the need of any programming skills, or create a whole game ultimately with them. They are designed to work equally well on both new or existing projects.

Mother's Den story

Two brothers spent 3 years looking for their missing sister. After exhausting research, clues lead them to an underground secret military base. With the goverment and police unwilling to co-operate the two brothers decide to take matters into their own hands.

Download the demo here! (113mb)

Minimum requirements

Pentium Ū 4 1.5 Ghz or equivalent
512MB of RAM.
64MB DirectX Ū 9.0 Compliant Video Card (no shader support required)
135MB free Hard Drive Space for installation

Controls

W,A,S,D: Player Movement
Mouse: Look
Left MB: Shoot
Right MB: Interact
R: Reload
Space: Jump
Control: Duck
Q: Previous Weapon
E: Next Weapon
1: Unarmed
2: Crowbar
3: Pistol
4: Shotgun
5: Uzi
6: Gauntlets
ESC: Main Menu

Known issues

Slight jerks have been noticed at certain points of the game. This will be fixed in a later version.

Resolution change has been disabled and locked at 1280x1024. A wide variety of resolutions will be available in a later version.

This thread will be used to discuss Mother's Den. If you need to ask something about an IntenseX tool such as the up-coming Intense Ai, please post it to the Intense Ai thread instead, for the sake of orginization .

Thank you all for waiting such a long time for this demo. We hope it will reach your high expectations and make it worth the wait!

Any feedback more than welcome!

Yours,
the Intense Illusions team
Posted By: SlyBoots

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/01/07 06:30

It definetly gets a thumbs up from me.

Nice work.
Posted By: aztec

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/01/07 10:33

I tested it and Iīve got to say that intense A.I.
is really good. Purchase it if you want to create a fast but very good
shooter on your own
Intense Dialouge is really awesome and so the A.I.
Regards
Aztec

Happy new year
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/01/07 12:27

Wow! Great work!
Realy a pro job!

I killed the scientist with the informations - it should not be possible to kill gamekeys

mercuryus

PS: please make the arrow-keys working for movement
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/01/07 12:38

Nice AI Larry
It's a nice game with a certain tention in the story.
But is their a way to change the window to full screen screen mode ??
happy New Year

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: RAFU

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den Demo - 01/01/07 14:32

The game should be running full screen mode. We will look into this.
Posted By: Mondivirtuali

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den Demo - 01/01/07 17:31

Hi, I got the beta.
When I tryed to response to the russian scientist ,the one with that can allow me to pass the retin scan, the game shoot down..may be some bug?
Besides this , the demo is awesome and the AI is great ; I'll surely purchased it.
Posted By: Atsu

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den Demo - 01/01/07 17:39

If you mean by russian scientist the scientist in LAB A, then I have the same problem. I tell him to lead the way and when he gets to the stairs, someone (the scientist?) screams and the game crashes. And the game is all jerky on my computer:
Athlon XP 2100+, 512mb ram, Radeon 9600 Pro (256mb). Still too low specs?
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den Demo - 01/01/07 17:42

yeah, larry that russian scientist bug is still there

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den Demo - 01/01/07 17:42

thanks all

mondi, the bug you mentioned has been fixed in version 1.0. I say your message, i just haven't find time to reply to PMs yet, with new year's and all.. I'll definatelly do that later today.

@frazzle, what's the maximum resolution your video card and monitor can handle? can you play other games in resolutions 1280x1024 and more?

Keep the posts coming. We made this demo for this community alone, so naturally, we're really interested to hear what you have to say about it, good or bad .

Cheers,
Aris
Posted By: Stansmedia

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den Demo - 01/01/07 17:54

Yeh.. the evil commie u.s. scientist made me crash as well.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den Demo - 01/01/07 18:09

I had the same bug, but hesitated to reply because I overwrote the "savepoint" by restarting the game with clicking "new game".
Restarting at that "savepoint" shut the engine down, too.

To keep it short: (Sorry, mainly critics for now!)

- the level is too dark, it needs a higher ambient, or more lights. Often it is difficult to see where to go and to see the enemies or scientists.
- my "brother" shot the scientiest - more than one time - when we joined the scientist to ask questions.
- the walk animation of the brother is a bit funny, too short steps!

There are a lot things which are very well made, and a lot that fit together very nicely, but the mentioned issues weakens the impression of the game and the set of tools.

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den Demo - 01/01/07 18:19

Thanks Pappenheimer for your results.
As for the level darkness, this can be adjusted though the gamma value under the display options of the main menu.

Thank you,

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den Demo - 01/01/07 19:04

i also wanted to say, it seems to have a very half-life feel to it, especailly the intro
Posted By: broozar

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den Demo - 01/01/07 19:30

Quote:

i also wanted to say, it seems to have a very half-life feel to it

even the gfx matches. hl one, after all.

PS: no offense

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den Demo - 01/01/07 19:55

well, it is made with 3dgs by a small team...it feels and like a somewhat beetwen HL1 and HL2, a GREAT DEMO!!
Pls fix the damn soviet scientist issue

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den Demo - 01/01/07 20:16

DaBro0zar, we wanted to create a demo that was able to be played on most PC's.
But the main difference between Half Life and Mother's Den, is we put Mother's Den together with no programming And everyone here will be able to do the same for any type of game

Mondivirtuali, We have this fixed, and we are fixing a few other bugs and we will be releasing the patch tomorrow.

Thank you all for helping in this stage, everything that is fixed in this demo is being fixed in our Intense X package.

Thanks Again,
Brad Grimm
Posted By: Stansmedia

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den Demo - 01/01/07 21:30

The graphics remind me of SOF2.

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den Demo - 01/01/07 22:19

I would just like to apologize for the crash everyone is experiencing. You are only half way though the demo at this point, and I can assure you the best part is yet to come We will have this fixed for you tomorrow.

Thanks again,
Brad Grimm

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den Demo - 01/01/07 22:20

@Larry:

I think I'm quite positive to say, yes my graphic card allows it because these are his specs :
GeForce EN7950 GX2:
Graphics Bus Technology PCI Express
Memory 1GB (512MB per GPU)
Memory Interface 512-bit
Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) 76.8
Fill Rate (Billion pixels/sec) 24
Vertices/second (Billion) 2.0
Pixels per clock (peak) 48
RAMDACs (MHz) 400

And I'm also positive to say that I'm able to play other games in the resolution 1280x1024 and more

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: Damocles

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den Demo - 01/02/07 00:17

You should check the player-turn procedure.
Seems like it is not framerateindependent, turning slower
in low FPS view and faster in high FPS view.
Posted By: TeutonicDarkness

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/02/07 00:36

Hello,

Really liked the demo!
I did notice that on certain places
( that area with 2 of those guards and that key player)
If You manage to shoot exactly the same time you die...
or maybe a second after it crashes the .exe

I didn't notice if this was mentioned earlier?

looking good though...:)

*** Teutonic Darkness ***
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/02/07 11:06

I checked it on my AMD XP 2000+ with ATI Radeon 9500 (Shader 2.0) and 1 GB RAM. It ran too slow. The fights after talking to the Russian scientist are not playable. FPS is too slow.
Textures are a bit too simple but fit well together. Lighting is simple as well.

Models are well made. Running animation has too many short steps.

The AI is very good and dialogues are great.
Posted By: Loopix

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/02/07 11:25

How do you guys manage to get the russian guy to lead you to the cells??? He always get's into cry-state and doesen't go further..also when I don't use any weapon aiming at him but just my bare fists (is there a way to not be in a fighting position at all?)

@Frank: Strange...I was even suprised how fast it run on my laptop with cheap on board graphics...On my other machine (x800 pro) it runs without any jerks at all.

But the russian bug reallly sucks

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/02/07 11:31

Loopix. I think the graphic card is not the problem. Maybe it is the processor or RAM? I think it needs much CPU Power. I really have very slow FPS sometimes even single frames for a long time so that I get slaughtered very fast when more than 2 characters are active.

Maybe your Laptop has a CPU better than AMD 2000+

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/02/07 11:48

hm..my lapy has a Pentium M 1.7. But right now I also had a fps break-down while many c_traces/moves were being calculated. I think the AI LOD should also be activated when too many scans are being performed...not only depending on distance (if this isen't already implemented?)

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/02/07 12:15

And maybe it is possible to lower the amount of traces depending on fps rate?
Posted By: EX Citer

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/02/07 15:06

On my Laptop itīs unplayable. Maybe itīs the ati radeon I have. Anyway unplayable. Itīs like every model is loaded and purged very often. You know: I go from A to B loading (new models(?)). Then I go back to A (loading again models). Often when a battle with enemies starts some loading starts and I lose the overview and get shot. Itīs lagging so heavy that it crushed once when I entered lab 0 (?) I think. The lab next to the doc who wants to help fighting me and then suddenly disappears. I have no idea how to give commands to the buddies.

Anyway, nice game as far as I could see. My Laptopconfiguration: 1.8ghz AMD (<-- lol)
Ati Radeon Xpress 200m

I knew that I had to hold the right button but I couldnīt see the menu. Must have missed it.

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/02/07 15:54

Quote:

I have no idea how to give commands to the buddies.

While looking at a person, click and hold the right mouse button, and move the mouse depending the signs at the bottom of the screen.

I think, it is a quite intuitiv way to interact. I like it.
Posted By: Blitzblaster1

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/02/07 18:27

Hi !

I can`t play the demo, because the player turns around and around and around like a sircle then i start it again and i have the same problem.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/02/07 19:25

Do you have a joystick connected? They tend to do that sometimes.

Cheers
Posted By: Felixsg

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/02/07 19:37

Crash in start but I fix

The problem are with the video codecs
I tell you why probably other peoples have the same problem

I reinstall other codec package and change the options for the decoders

If you have the same problem crash in start are the video decodec

I think you need to codec the video in a window videoformat (.asf) for prevent to users make a brain heat

also are a good demo
you sell the sourcecode and/or the game?
Posted By: Blitzblaster1

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/02/07 19:46

@PHeMoX: thanks for the info, i switch`d the gamepad off and then i can play the game. So the game is nice. The gameplay and the graphics are not bad, no shader but it is ok. More ingame sound was better i think. But this game is really cool. Nice work !

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/02/07 19:47

I erased the beta and installed the demo.
I managed to talk with the russian scientist, this time.
But after a few seconds the game slowed down and frooze; ctrl + alt + canc did not work and I had to restart my system.

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/02/07 19:56

I have a better system at home and checked the demo a second time. It runs faster but still has some loading issues when entering rooms.

I can talk to the Russian scientist but after that it crashes exactly when the first monster should appear downstairs. This bug is reproducible. It crashes every time when I re-try it.

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/02/07 20:02

Patience...they 're working on it

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/02/07 20:51

Yes I know.

But the interesting part is: It does not crash on my slower system at my office. There it has unplayable frame rates but it does not crash and I can see those monsters and agents later on.

I really hope that you can fix this and the frame rate issues. You will beat all templates with one strike then. We all are very excited about this great product.

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/02/07 21:51

Hello everyone,

thanks for the great support. considering there's a bug crashing the game in the middle of it, i'm pretty pleased with the whole turnout

We're working on a new patch that should fix most of the bugs mentioned here.. Meanwhile, here's something you can do right now to get past the crashing bug at lab A:

Right click on the Mother's Den shortcut created at your desktop, and select Properties. Under the "Target:" field, you'll see something like this:

"C:\Program Files\Intense Illusions\Mother's Den\MothersDen.exe"

add: -d realgame at the end of it, so now it should read

"C:\Program Files\Intense Illusions\Mother's Den\MothersDen.exe" -d realgame

click ok and play again. Normally, you'll be able to play the game to the end this time, but make sure you don't die (and load back to the last checkpoint) or click New Game from the in-game main menu, or it may become unstable again.

Regarding everything else...

@frazzle, Hit Alt+enter then, and see if it goes full screen now.

@Damocles, good catch. I'll get that fixed

@Frank_G and everyone else, the scene where it crashes is pretty heavy as it is. Even though i don't get the crash here, it does jerk for 1 second. There's plenty of room for optimization in the game and IntenseX, and i'm pretty sure that i'll be able to eliminate all slowdowns eventually.

However, in Ex citer's case that you say that the game is actually unplayable, the problem may not be IntenseX code. I had an ati radeon card on my old laptop, and it lagged a hell lot, especially when looking at particles(and there's quite a lot particles in Mother's Den). Every model isn't purged and loaded back though, the only thing that is dynamically created on the fly is sounds. How much memory does your laptop have?

For lower spec. computers, disabling Stencil Shadows from the display menu might help as well.

@Felixsg, thanks for the info. If more people are getting this bug, i'll go ahead and change codecs. We will be selling the tools which we used to create Mother's Den and i recently got contacted by a publisher about selling Mother's Den although that wasn't my intention at all. I guess we'll just see where it takes us from here..

Cheers,
Aris

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/02/07 21:54

Thxn for fixing those bugs so fast Larry

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/02/07 22:07

Yeah, I disabled the stencil shadows and it was a little faster. I donīt know how much RAM my laptop has. I am not sure if it is because of the sound, because when I went back from B to A there was again some big lag. There wasnīt any guys talking. There wasnīt anyone, just me and that buddy (game start).

And a hint for the defines. Itīs much easier to start a game with defines via a .bat file. Some time ago 3DGS automaticly created bat files but now you have to create them by yourself. I am using them in my latest game and it works wonderful.

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/03/07 01:00

hello again!

just an update. I finally figured out why everyone else was experiencing a crash in lab A but me. Apparently, save files made by the game_save instruction will only work perfectly when loaded under the same computer and can't be distributed. I generated and distributed a save file from the beginning of the game, to have the game load back to the start of the game when the player clicked on New Game. I'm a little bit annoyed with conitec on this but at least we found out about the bug soon and i'll let them know about it as well.

As i mentioned earlier, you can now play the full game without having to wait for the patch. Start the game ONE time only with "-d realgame" as i explained above, and play it until the brother comes up and talks to you in the first scene.(Just enough for the game to generate new save files made from your computer). Then shutdown the game, remove "-d realgame", and now you can play normally, with all features on (also being able to load or start a new game).

If you don't want to get into any of this hussle though, i will still be releasing a patch tomorrow, with this and several other bug fixes.

@exciter, you can check how much ram you got by right clicking at My Computer and selecting Properties. As for the bat file, apparently it's disturbingly hard to create a bat file using Windows, especially if you have the "hide known file extensions" options checked. But sure, you could always create a bat file and get the same result..

If someone is willing to try the method i just explained, i'd be very interested to know if it worked for you, if there was any more lag in Part 2 than Part 1, and finally if you made it to the end of the game!

Thanks,
Aris
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/03/07 09:08

Quote:

Apparently, save files made by the game_save instruction will only work perfectly when loaded under the same computer and can't be distributed.

I think that's something that needs to be fixed unless there's a really good reason for it (or some kind of way to manually disable it when you publish if you want to allow saves to be distributed). A lot of people like to swap save game files and especially in the adventure and RPG genre's.

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/03/07 10:46

Yeah, right. The ram. I knew it was written there, but I couldnīt find it the last time, so I thought they removed it in that windows version... I have 384mb ram, and I think thatīs quite ok and I donīt understand why itīs so laggy. I have no other programs running while playing games.

About the bat file... Do you think it doesnīt work if the option hide extensions is on? Creating a bat file is simple as hell:
1. create a new txt file in the folder where the .exe file is located
2. open it with text editor and write the name of the .exe file (only the name, no dot and no extension) and then: " -d realgame"
3. in this case in the txt should be written: "MothersDen -d realgame" without quotations marks(!)
4. save and close the txt file
5. rename the "no name.txt" to "startgame.bat" or something you like. Just make sure the extension is .bat

That is how I done it for Dangerous Vaults 2 and it works very well. You can use all defines, you created and the engine defines.
Posted By: TimeOut

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/03/07 12:03

Nice game nice demo. My Rating is:

Graphics Level 6/10
Design of the Level 7/10
Charakters 9/10
Weapons 8/10
KI 9/10
Dialoges 9/10
Performance 7/10

All 7/10

The Performance on my Pc is 50-100 fps on 16*AF, 8*AA, sometimes short slowdowns.

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/04/07 02:58

Hello,

The "-d realgame" trick did not work for me...
I don't know how it worked for everyone else?

My Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3400
1 GB Memory
Ndiva FX 5500 256 MB
Windows XP Profesional

( with shaders disabled allmost no slow-downs....
just lots of problems with that character that dosn't seem
to interact properly ).....
crashes still hapening here.

Posted By: ozziedave

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/04/07 05:06

Hi Aris,

Congratulations on producing a great set of tools for game development.

For at least 6 years I have been looking at demo’s and occasionally buying
3D Game Development software, but they all fall down when trying to
Develop AI, there is no 3D games software out there that has any decent
AI Included.

But now with Intense AI and 3D Games Studio even a mug programmer
like me will be able to programme great games in the future.

I was very impressed with your demo, on my machine it ran with a good
frame rate with all actors moving at a good pace, lighting was excellent
and the AI was very good.

Well done, this will be the best toolkit for any 3dgs games programmer
and will put us miles in front of the competition.

Not to take away from my previous comments these things happened on
playing the demo.

1. When very very close to the NPC’s I could not back away from them
and no controls would move gun arm. Same happened when I got near
the wall fans. Had to restart .

2. When talking to the scientist with brown coat in the room with the 2 CIA
Agents he tells me to follow him to the cells after leaving the room and
in the corridor he stops walking and no movement is seen. On passing him
the screen goes blank and a restart is necessary.

I realize that this is just teething problems and that you will sort them out in time.

My Machine runs AMD 2.15 gigahertz - 1024 mem - NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 256 meg Mem

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/04/07 08:57

Quote:

The "-d realgame" trick did not work for me...
I don't know how it worked for everyone else?

Same here. Tried it in several ways.

My specs:
3GHz
1Gb RAM
Ati X300

Don't know wether this could be a reason:
My target is: "D:\Spiele\Intense Illusions\Mother's Den\MothersDen.exe"

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/04/07 11:23

Didn't work here either. Is there going to be any improvements on the performance issues for the demo, since all you can change is to turn those stencil shadows off and that doens't really help. Still unplayable frame rates

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/04/07 14:46

Thanks for your good words everyone,

Once again, i'll need a few beta testers to try out the new patch, before i force everyone to download a patch that might still have that damn Lab A bug. I thought i had that all figured out, but since you're saying "-d realgame" didn't work for you, you have me worried again

If you want to help out, make sure you'll be available for most of the day(patch not done yet) and that you have the minimum requirements.

@Exciter, you'll need 512mb to play the game. Thanks for explaining the bat method as well, now people can choose:P

@ozziedave, about 1., maybe the Npc was a few steps below you? I've noticed that bug before, but in normal conditions, if the npc is too close to the player he'll back away. I had no idea about the fans, i'll check it right away.

@Atsu, normally, you shouldn't have unplayable frame rates even in the released version. How much ram do you have? The patch will have a few optimizations to prevent some of the short slow-downs people are experiencing.

Thanks,
Aris

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/04/07 15:31

I posted my computer specs earlier, here: Athlon XP 2100+ (1,73ghz), 512mb ram (333mhz), Radeon 9600 Pro (256mb).

The slowdowns (and by this I mean I cannot even move) I get comes about every two seconds when I move and it's worst, when there are NPC's around. For example, LAB A is jerky as hell, when the agents are around, but when they are dead, the game runs a bit smoother without total slowdowns.

You mentioned something about the Radeon cards, does the issue lie there? I haven't got problems in other games, which have somewhat same system requirements compared to MothersDen what-so-ever. Does the resolution affect much, since I usually play everything with 1024x768? Anyway, I'll update the drivers and get back to you.

If this doesn't prevent participating in the beta, I'll help.

Edit: Ok, I updated the display drivers and it's actually quite playable now, but I still get nasty loadings, probably when it's loading new areas. Fire fights are quite jerky aswell. Anyway, that's probably as good as it's going to get.

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/04/07 16:05

I already wrote that I have same problems on my older PC.

The graphic card is not a problem at all. GPUs are waiting for more work in most Gamestudio applications.

It is probably a problem of the CPU. C-Script and the AI takes some power. All those traces take down fps. I hope that Aris finds a way to do those traces not in every frame. Maybe they can be done more rarely depending on the fps.
This will make the AI slower but not the game.

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/04/07 21:54

Same here...i used the Larry trick but , after I talk with the russian scientist , when I go in the stairs for exit the game crashed.
But what happened? Comes a monster? there is a scripted event?

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/05/07 00:19

Hello everyone,

A new version is done! Download it from here!

I couldn't make a patch for it, so you'll need to download the full installation again, sorry about that . I figured out how patches work now, and i'll be able to do them for feature versions.

Mother's Den v1.02 Fixes/Changes

Fixed a crash that occured after talking to the russian scientist
Fixed a slowdown that occured when a scientist cried
Fixed several slowdowns that occured before scripted scenes
Improved the effect that happens when player takes a lot of damage
Camera rotation is now dependant on the frame-rate
Gamepads/Joystics don't interfere with the controls anymore
Added a menu option to disable particles
Fixed a bug that prevented Npcs from picking up certain items
Fixed a short freeze that occured when the main menu loaded
Fixed several minor bugs

Once more, feedback more than welcome..

@Atsu & Frank_G, there are so many reasons why the fps can be low on different machines, that's why it's so hard to debug. When the lag is caused by the Ai, i've taken a lot of steps to improve the situation in version 1.02 and i'll keep improving it on further versions until all lags caused by Ai get eliminated. Other reasons causing slowdowns is to depend too much on Virtual Memory(which is why the installer will now exit if the machine has less than 512mb of ram) and gfx card drivers that don't play well with gamestudio(even some modern graphic cards will produce high "ref" times when rendering particles. If you're experiencing odd slowdowns, try disabling Particles from v1.02).

Cheers,
Aris

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/05/07 00:55

Fantastic. Now it works for me without a crash. Great demo!

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/05/07 02:17

The guy from Lab still dosn't do as he is suppose to..
he says he will carry me to the holding cells; but cant seem
to stop pouting...

Also when I hit escape while in this room
I get some kind of Windows error
( Before I can even see the message it Vanishes
and crashes the whole Game).

Also it may have been easier to see it I didn't
have to use 1280 x 1024 resoulion
( makes everthing impposibly small and hard to see )

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/05/07 02:22

He is crying because he is scared from hearing something breathing, go down the steps and find out what
Posted By: Damocles

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/05/07 06:31

Camera rotation is now dependant on the frame-rate

good to hear.

(Was the same story with the first Glider demo by the way)
Posted By: immersionfx

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/05/07 18:17

Has anybody grasped what has just happened here?
This is revolution in the making!
Is it true that this game is made with no programming? If yes, it's the first time I feel that with INTENSE X, the possibilities of Gamestudio are now limitless!

Well done Ari! Wishing you all the INTENSE sales for this amazing piece of work!
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/05/07 18:37

you cant imagine how impressed i am. like...
WOW... amazing!

just one thing: BRING THE DAMN THING OUT!
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/05/07 22:10

i tried to install the game on a pc that has 512 DDR2 ram, but it says i need 512 to install....umm....can anyone make sense of that?

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/05/07 23:14

@immersionfx, thanks man... and yeah, any non-programmer could have made this game using intenseX.

@Manslayer, I've set a requirement on the installer to run only if the machine has 512mb. It's a shame to hear it doesn't work properly.. Are you absolutely sure you have at least 512mb of physical ram in your system? Anyone else got the same error?

Btw, has anybody completed the demo yet? Even yet, has anybody completed it in nightmare? I know i can't

Cheers,
Aris

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/05/07 23:35

The new version works now perfectly!
Many Machines -even if they have 512mb RAM- use up to 20Mb for Idontknowwhat and indicate on a system check less than 512 (e.g. 507...). It might help, if you can reduce the minimal RAM reqirements to 500Mb...or something around that.

WHEN WIIL IT BE THE DAY??? you know what I mean

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/06/07 03:42

lol, it works now, and i love it, but i cant beat it because the savepoint i have has me with low health. i dont want to restart, but i guess ill have to...

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/06/07 06:15

Something is going wrong with the dialogue system. After having choosen two options while talking to the 'brother', it becomes impossible to speak. I can press any number key I want, but 'I' am not replying the choosen texts anymore. Seems like a pretty big bug for a game that revolves around a story told by dialogues. Edit: Just found out it happens only after asking 'how are you feeling?' to the brother.

Other than that; I see awesome cinematics, very clean texturing, superb performance (no lag whatsoever) and a very very interesting AI, all thumbs up!

Cheers
Posted By: DavidLancaster

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/06/07 08:13

5/5 you guys rock! This is one well put together game.

May I ask, any advice how to get the synced lips with dialog? What software/plugins did you use? Any advice as to how to set up the bone animations on the face? Unless, after taking another close look, it looks like it's probably just well made mouth animations??? I can't tell

Thank you!

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/06/07 16:12

there is only one problem with this game i will say,.... no headshots! grrr, it takes out one of the key elements of a first person shooter... oh well, its still great
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/06/07 17:02

just wondering... how'd u handle headshots? different entities? or get hitvertex and check if it was a head vertex??

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/06/07 17:12

sorta, you'd find a vertex somewere near the top of the head, and your do a check to see if the collision point was within a certain distance of that vertex

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/06/07 18:11

A localize damage system , like sof , would be a very useful feature; i would pay for that.

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/06/07 18:22

I played this demo again. Amazing. I really like the music at the end. The voices are amazing.

Great demo made by one programmer, 3 artists and a musician. Great team! Congratulation!
Posted By: Andvari

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/07/07 04:38

Congrats Larry and Rafu, the game is Amazing, it's a pleasure to see my models being used so well .

Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/07/07 09:17

wow!
I'm not a fan of the half life type monsters with lots of flesh showing, but this is great!
It looks very cool!
I like the tird and fourth shot the most... great job!!!

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/07/07 10:12

As much as I enjoyed playing HL2 on my pc, this model is far better then the mediocre model in HL2 but the screenies remind my of those good old days I've had with HL and HL2 before I gave the game away to a friend
Nice pictures Andvari

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/07/07 10:29

I am scared Watch out how you publish such ingame materials. On the one site its right as a teaser to show how unique and fantastic the game design is. On the other hand I expect to see more as 200% new stuff in the game as I have seen in the preview.
Posted By: MaxF

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/07/07 17:18

Love it and the textures look great too

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/07/07 20:45

A bug...the game works two times:
the first one , the scientist get killed.
The second one , I was killed by monster.
then I don't work anymore;anytime I talk with the russian and I click the number 3 :"let's go" , the game crashed.
After ah handfull of tryng , I stopped to play.

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/08/07 01:04

Hey everyone, thanks for your comments!

btw, for everyone who is interested on how the Ai tool will work when it's done, you can see lots of its inner workings by running Mother's Den with Debug Mode On(found in the Game Menu). Then, after you play the game, press F1 and you'll be able to get debug information for every Npc. You'll be able to see how Ai LOD works, what the Npc is 'thinking', his animation state, how the pathfidning and obstacle avoidance works, and pretty much everything to give you a good idea about how the Ai that you can buy, really works. Afterall, that was the main purpose of this demo.

@Manslayer101, if you care to download the demo again, i've now decreased the 512mb ram limit down to 256mb. Hope it works this time.

@Loopix, thanks, i didn't know that! i was beginning to doubt manslayer there for a second and about the release date, it's a really sensitive area..:P I rather not say anything at all, rather than promise i deadline i won't keep again. Not a lot more things to do now though... It's pretty much just a polishing stage..

@PHeMoX, if more people post about this bug, i'll look into it.. i tried it in several machines and i couldn't reproduce it here..

@DavidLancaster, heh, cool that you can't tell . It's only a vertex animation, that is triggered when an npc actually 'speaks'(when the audio he is emitting is actually playing). The first two animations played when your brother first talks to you though are being called by the intense Dialogues engine and have been nicely sychronized by Andvari to fit the audio. I'm not using any extra tools/dlls or anything for mother's den. If you take out the Physics that are done by a6 pro, everything else could be done with intenseX and a6 standard edition(well, gameplay-wise at least )

@lostclimate, I know, i miss head-shots too... We had no time, but i'll do this sometime soon for sure..

Cheers,
Aris

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/08/07 01:14

Larry, release the editions , then U can sell the headshot thing ( damage system like SOF, ) as a add on or without fees for who purchased the higher edition.
I have to say that the whole demo and the AI are very impressive, one between the best things made with 3dgs that I have saw.

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/08/07 02:00

Mondi, hey, i somehow missed your post about that bug you posted..

Are you sure you're using version 1.02? No-one from that version reported a crash on lab A but you.. If you're sure it's 1.02, it says it on the main menu page, here's what you do. Uninstall the game, and then manually delete the whole Mother's Den folder directly, from wheverever you had it installed. This is so you can make sure that you're not using any save game files from previous versions. After you've done that, install 1.02 from fresh, and let me know how it goes.

The headshots are going to take me one day, maybe less. I'll try to have it implemented on the first intenseX release.

Cheers,
Aris

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/08/07 02:36

Hi again

I had the bug (latest version) three time ; in other session the russian scientist segment works fine , the bug was when I "hired" the first scientist ( the one that said "You save me life") and then I go to save the russian one.
Perhaps a bug only in my pc.
For damage system I mean a feature like the Sof game (or kingpin ) : you shoot the bad guys and the textures changes showing the damages or a fake it ( the pain skins just like in quake || that changes without hit points) .

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/08/07 07:03

Quote:

A bug...the game works two times:
the first one , the scientist get killed.
The second one , I was killed by monster.
then I don't work anymore;anytime I talk with the russian and I click the number 3 :"let's go" , the game crashed.
After ah handfull of tryng , I stopped to play.

I had similar experiences:

I played a few times more, and it worked, but now it crashes. I click the number 4, when talking to the russian scientist. Same result.

I have still many ugly jerks, althought the framerate seems to be quite good.
That's quite annoying, because it helps the monster to kill me!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/08/07 10:31

Hi!

Nice work indeed!

Here's an other bug i've recognised:

If I (the player character) dies and the new game (from menu) starts the framerate drops rapid and the sound has many clicks/cracks. It sounds like some sounds are played more than once!?

mercuryus

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/09/07 03:51

Hi Aris,

There is definitely a conflict between Intensive AI and Intense Dialogues, when in conversation with the fellow in the Brown Jacket after stopping the two CIA Agents,and this is at random after he states he will take me to the holding cells I press 1 to say ok and the screen goes blank.

This has happened at various positions within that room and in the corridor just outside the room. Does not always happen though, I have the latest version.

Still 98% best AI ever written for 3DGS.

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/09/07 21:15

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your replies. If someone of the people who reported the crash has some free time, i'd appreciate if you could do a little more testing and report your results here. Since noone else in our team gets that bug in their computers anymore, i'd really appreciate your help on this.

What i want you to do is go to the installation directory and delete Intro0.sav, 1stChapter0.sav and Checkpoint0.sav. Then run the game again, start it in Easy difficulty so you don't die easy, and go through the russian scientist scene(the guy with the brown jacket) without dieing in the meantime. Let me know if that works. Then load back to the last checkpoint from the in-game menu and go through the russian scientist scene again. If it still doesn't crash, shut down the game and then run it one more time.

Your reports will help me figure this out as quick as possible.

Thank you,
Aris

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/09/07 22:55

I'm sorry that I have bad news for debugging:

Sometimes it crashes, sometimes not. And I can't see any reason why it reacts different from time to time.

Even after deleting the savefiles it crashed when reaching the checkpoint before meeting the russian scientist, and crashed _before_ saving(or while starting saving) the checkpoint.
Posted By: Marcus729

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/10/07 04:10

Hi Aris,

I have a little problem that prevents me from playing the demo.

Once I start the game and the intro scene finishes the view rotates to the ceiling and starts spinning counter clockwise (I think).

I read from an earlier post that this might be related to having a joy stick connected. I disconnected the joy stick but, unfortunately, I get the same results.

I am using an optical mouse which is connected via a USB port.

My system specs are:
hp Pavilion D4100E
AMD Athlon dual core 4200 2.19 ghz
2 gig RAM
ATI X1950 512M
Windows XP Professional SP2

Thanks for your help. I am really looking forward to running through the demo after reading all these comments.

Please let me know if there is anything else I need to tell you about the system.

Thanks,
Marcus

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/10/07 05:19

Aris,

Did all of the procedures you required, it looked as if there would be no problems is I went through the procedure several times, but at the last time and for no reason as I asked the brown jacketed scientist to take me to the cells the screen went white again. Game Over and Out.

This was the Error Signature.

APPNAME mothersden.exe APPVer 0.0.0.0

ModName Acknex.dll
ModVer 6.40.5.0 OffSet 000F47D4

WARNING Debuging software can send you mad and is a health hazard.

Cheers

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/10/07 14:10

Some devices need a reboot of windows to be fully 'off' and out of the system (it's a Windows thing), you can't unplug everything just by pulling out the plug. Perhaps restart your computer without the joystick connected and try again? Also, in case you have a wireless gamepad, disconnect that too, or any device that controls input. I once had my Wacom Tablet causing trouble in a game, eventhough at first sight i thought it could have nothing to do with it.

Your optical mouse should be fine, because I use one all the time,

Cheers

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/11/07 03:59

Hey PHeMoX,

Good call. I cold booted and it is working fine.

I'll be working through the demo. What I have seen so far really looks good.

Once again thanks for the help,
Marcus
Posted By: Matt_Coles

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/11/07 08:04

i can't wait to order
Posted By: NITRO777

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/11/07 23:30

I can't help by deleting save games or whatever, the demo wont run at all on my system. It gives the wrong resolution error even though I set it to the exact resolution.

It is probably because mine is a laptop.

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/12/07 07:10

The requirement of a certain resolution above 1024x768 is actually annoying.

After installing the game, I changed the resolution back to 1024x768, and startet the game. That worked for me. Hope this helps.

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/12/07 17:32

The next patch will support all resolutions.
Posted By: NITRO777

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/13/07 00:10

Ah yes, I was using the wrong resolution. How stupid of me.

Anyway the demo is tremendous. Its pro-quality A.I. Credits to all. With everyone else, Im looking for the finished AI.

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/13/07 00:29

yes , the ai is fantastic.
Posted By: Kenneth J. Williams

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/14/07 05:34

The demo is great I had no problems running it.
This is the best thing to happen to 3d Gamestudio. I can't wait to buy the A.I.
I just paid off two credit cards and finaly have money again. So I won't put off buying it when it comes out.

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/14/07 16:58

Hey Kenneth, good to see you're still around and I agree this AI is impressive.

@Kafu or LarryLAffer: Did you guys look into the dialogue bug yet?

Cheers

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/14/07 23:27

Quote:

@Manslayer101, if you care to download the demo again, i've now decreased the 512mb ram limit down to 256mb. Hope it works this time.

Great, i'll download it when i have access to that pc, or the one at work, thank you Larry

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/15/07 03:25

Larry,

I played the demo again and noticed the crashes I'm getting
here appear at around the same time the monster appears,
sometimes right before, sometimes during, or even after.

It allways crashes right at the monster...

I get a error from Windows about not enough memory though
I killed several tasks and have 1 GB Memory.

Though that info might help

* Also another helpfull feature to add for demo version
would be infinite health for player.

Seriosly ... I found it helps working with AI and
debugging to have infinite time/ health

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/15/07 14:17

I encountered a bug. The NPC probably ran to me and we got stuck to each other. I can't move and the camera will move only vertically.

Here's a screenshot:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/ttb/stuck.JPG
Posted By: proteK

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/15/07 18:05

Bring it out --- !!!

Release date ?
Prize?

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/15/07 20:14

We are currentally in the final phase before release. Expect a contest in the near future aswell.

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/17/07 04:04

Wow

That demo is intense.

Its too hard for me.

I was never that good at FPS games.

I love the AI and can't wait for you to release it.

Will there be a package deal for the AI and Dialogues?

Marcus

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/17/07 15:23

Larry, once again my attempt failed, so i'll leave it alone

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/18/07 08:14

Hi all,

Thanks for your bug reports. I've narrowed it down that the engine's save/load system is messing up somewhere. I'm now tempted to write my own save/load system, which should be faster, bug free and distributable. If nothing else, at least it will make Mother's Den playable again.

I just have one more question for anyone who have encountered the bug. Do you always get a crash on lab a and get stuck there, or have you sometimes managed to go through it, and actually finished the game? Has this bug stopped anyone from making it to the end of the demo, at least once? (it's easy, on Easy dfficulty:P). And secondly, does removing the save files helps any?

I'm in the middle of splitting up the versions now. There's going to be four versions, easily upgradable and easy to install. I'm discontinuing intense dialogues.. All products i have made will be now merged under IntenseX, which will make for a completely programming-free package, that will let you make games. So we like to think, it's sorta like DirectX, which is actually powered by DirectPlay, DirectDraw, Direct3d etc.. It would be rather of an annoyance for Microsoft to have you download each one of this independantly, and have you do all the 'linking to each other' work, wouldn't be?

Btw, for people who have bought Intense Dialogues, you will be getting a 15-20 euro voucher, towards any IntenseX purchase...

@PHeMoX, i couldn't reproduce the bug, and neither could Rafu.. When i get more free time, i'll try to look more into this. Bugs that don't happen in your pc, are so hard to debug though. I don't know where to start looking, and even if i've fixed it, i wouldn't know until the next patch... very hard

@Atsu, this one, i can reproduce:) it only happens rarely on a staircase. I'll fix it.

@Marcus729, I guess i accidently answered all your questions above:) Btw, my 10 year old cousin managed to finish this game at Easy difficulty. You can't be possibly any worse than her

@Manslayer101, what does it say now? That you don't have more than 256mb of ram??

Cheers,
Aris

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/18/07 08:52

I could play it most of the time until the end. But sometimes after reloading or re-starting from the beginning it crashed and it happened always when the first monster pops up.

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/18/07 13:26

Quote:

@PHeMoX, i couldn't reproduce the bug, and neither could Rafu.. When i get more free time, i'll try to look more into this. Bugs that don't happen in your pc, are so hard to debug though. I don't know where to start looking, and even if i've fixed it, i wouldn't know until the next patch... very hard

I understand. It's something that's reproducable everytime here. I first click a random dialogue entry and after that I ask the 4th option, the one ask 'how do you feel?' or something. After clicking that dialogue option I can not click any other dialogue options anymore.

If I can be of any assistence please let me now, I could try out the patched version to see if it's fixed. I'm guessing it has something to do with the 4th dialogue option (think it's the 4th.)

I never had a crash though.

Cheers

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/19/07 02:49

Quote:

I just have one more question for anyone who have encountered the bug. Do you always get a crash on lab a and get stuck there, or have you sometimes managed to go through it, and actually finished the game? Has this bug stopped anyone from making it to the end of the demo, at least once? (it's easy, on Easy dfficulty:P). And secondly, does removing the save files helps any?

Reoving the save files didn't help any at all....
Easy setting helped a little.
I play it over and over after crashes evetually I can get
past the lab to the 3rd monster.

It allways crashes just easy setting seems to
slow the crah down a bit...

Look forward to playing it all the way through!
I really like it so far and those monsters are awesome;
scrared me 1st time I saw it......
Was dark and quite here and then ahhhh....

I do hope eventually it will have Arrow key support in combination
with the wasd keys, lot of us still hate the WSAD keys

All in all minus a few bugs it looks and plays awesome.
You'll have a good thing once you iron out them bugs.

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/19/07 18:32

Hey Aris,

Yeah I am that bad. Some people can't walk and breath at the same time 'cause they're mentally challenged. I am just totally uncordinated. By the way don't take my statement that it is too hard as a criticism. I am just not good at some of the more difficult FPS games. My children constantly show me how bad I am by getting way ahead of me unless they come across some mental challenge that I can usually figure out before they do.

And just to update the record I did complete the demo after many attempts.

Now to the important stuff. I am ashamed to say I was not terribly methodical in my approach to checking this out. I found the error usually occured in lab a for me and usually only when I selected option 3 to have the russian scientist lead me to the holding cells.

I almost always (sorry didn't take good notes here) was able to get past lab a by selecting statement 4, telling the russian scientist to follow me and behave. Then I go out into the hallway and wait for the first monster dude.

Then once I clear out the next area of monsters and black suits and recruit the helpful scientist from lab b, I tell the Russian scientist to lead me to the holding cells.

I have done this usually after clearing the save files. Once again I am guilty of poor methodology and did not take good notes.

Do you need more info and if so what would you want me to try?

Marcus
Posted By: D3D

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/29/07 08:01

Hello,

Looked at this post and tried to run your game, but it said I need 1280 x 1024 resolution. Why can't I play with 800x600 or 1024x768?

Dusty
Posted By: fogman

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/29/07 12:33

I run the demo on an Athlon 1300+, 256 MB Ram, Gforce 4600 TI, without any problems.
Damn good! Nothing more to say, canīt wait to check IAI out...

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 01/29/07 15:12

actually larry the problem is about my processor, which i agree, my processor is 1.80 Ghz, which is probably too slow, if not, try removing limitations from the install
Posted By: Trooper119

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 02/13/07 22:23

Hey Larry, after experiencing some problems I decided to try to uninstal and reinstal your latest version to see if the game would work. When I tried your link it sent me to your new website http://www.intenseillusions.com/ so I can't download Mother's Den anymore could you fix this?

EDIT: The new link is supposed to be fixed, I have a new link if anyone else has any problems (or you could just email Larry)
Posted By: D3D

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 02/14/07 16:26

Guess he fixed it?

Quote:

Website will be ready soon...

Int the meantime, check out the Mother's Den Demo

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 02/15/07 11:35

Yeah, the link has been fixed, thanks trooper for reporting. We're messing about with a new website and took the old one out. Site is still under construction though. We're actually looking for a webmaster if anyone's interested(pay job)..

Aris
Posted By: Night Viper

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 03/18/07 06:04

Quote:

@Manslayer101, what does it say now? That you don't have more than 256mb of ram??

I get the same error. It won't let me even try to install. It prepares for installation and then I get the message that it requires at least 256MB of physical memory. Is it refering to the video card's memory? Because my card isn't a 256MB card.
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 03/18/07 06:12

I have a 128 mb memory card and 512 Ram with 2 ghz athlon xp and the demo works perfectly , and my card is a crappy geforce fx 5200 ultra : \ The Mother's Den demo is awesome , very proffesional , It definately got me interested in purchasing Intense A.I.

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 03/20/07 20:28

Hey Nighr Viper,

The message refers to your physical RAM. I've added the restriction to save you the burdain of installing the game in the first place, if you have 256mb of RAM or less, since the game will be virtually unplayable(using 300+ mb of virtual ram is no fun... I'm talking about a 10 minute loading time and stuff like that :/ )

If you have 512mb of RAM or more and you still get this error, let me know! That RAM error message is kinda dodgy, people have complained about it before..

Why Do I Die, thanks

Aris
Posted By: Night Viper

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den - 03/21/07 18:46

Okay, I guess that makes sense. I have 256MB, but the message said if you had less then 256MB, so I thought I was good. Thanks for the heads up.

Re: Intense X: Mother's Den - 06/05/07 22:25

Hello people,

Just a small update about our game, Mother's Den. We've finally signed up a contract with Ice Bytes, and we're starting development soon, in order to expand the demo into a full fps/tactical shooter game. The game will be published both online and for retail shops worldwide.

We're now looking for a 3d modeler and a level designer to fill in the remaining levels. The story is complete, and so is IntenseX Professional, which will be used extensively for this. I'm also thinking of hiring someone, possibly from this forums, to use IntenseX in order to put the rest of the levels together. Brad (rafu) was supposed to work on that, but he has won an internship grant, and the lucky bastard is going to california to work in hollywood for two months, all expenses paid. If I do start looking, the person doesn't need to know c-script, but must be an excellent game designer(game designer is the person who sets up every level.. i.e.: 'When the player enters the room, all doors shut down, bats enter the window and swarm the player while a very intense music fades in...'). An extra person will leave time for me, to work instead into releasing all IntenseX editions to the community.

Anyhow, I want to say a big thanks to this community for all their support the last few years. With your help and A6 and my talented co-workers, I am now finaly going after my dream.. doing video games for a living!

Thank you all!
Aris

Re: Intense X: Mother's Den - 06/06/07 01:44

Congradulations

I hope to actually be able to see your Game in Retail Stores.

( Then I can Say: See This Game was made with Game Studio
and look at it now! )

Intense X is Great but I'd probally buy the Game too
if/when its available and its not too step of a price.

This is good news were all happy for you!

Re: Intense X: Mother's Den - 06/06/07 04:17

Quote:

(game designer is the person who sets up every level.. i.e.: 'When the player enters the room, all doors shut down, bats enter the window and swarm the player while a very intense music fades in...')

I guess anyone qualified should and will know this, but I see where you're coming from.

Anyways, best of luck, I hope you find someone that can do a great job and make it all happen!

Cheers,
Posted By: Nems

Re: Intense X: Mother's Den - 06/06/07 07:28

Great to hear of a another success story, go hard man!

Re: Intense X: Mother's Den - 06/06/07 10:59

Congratulation Larry
but what about the intenseX plugin? Do you will find the time to work for both the project?
© 2024 lite-C Forums