Mech Builder - newest version, free full test ver

Posted By: thegamedesigner

Mech Builder - newest version, free full test ver - 12/16/07 21:13

Hello, we have redone all the art, balanced the levels, fixed almost all the glitchs, built a new website, and here we are again!

For those of you who do not know, Mech Builder is a fast paced action/arcade game, where you blow up waves of monsters, with a large array of cool weapons. But the best part is that you can open up your mech's internal circuits. Hook up switchs and shields, sensors and sliders, weapons and engines, all right down to the wiring.

The game is 100 percent done, except for what turns up on this last test run. I am also testing the h*** out of it, and have tried and failed to break it. I will be watching this forum for anything else, comments, suggestions, ect, over the next two days, and then will split the game in to Full and Demo version and put the store online.

Thanks for listening, here is the link and the screen shots.

Website here
Download here

And the screen shots:

Enjoy, and I look forward to hear any feedback you would like to post.
Thanks,
thegamedesigner
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Mech Builder - newest version, free full test - 12/17/07 04:42

Re: Mech Builder - newest version, free full test - 12/17/07 15:10

I uploaded the wrong version, very sorry. This version looks for a file "_fade_bar.bmp"

So you can place a small bitmap called _fade_bar.bmp in the folder, and it will work, and I will upload a new version with a fix to this at about 6pm EST. (about 6 hours from the time of this post).

Sorry about that, and thanks.

PS - Could a admin delete the other Mech Builder post in showcase 2? It is a dead link and old screen shots.

Re: Mech Builder - newest version, free full test - 12/17/07 15:51

edit: sorry ignore this post.

Re: Mech Builder - newest version, free full test - 12/18/07 00:06

Ya, I have uploaded a new version, one with no problems, and it can be found at the link in the first post, or at www.akithgames.com or here.

Thanks, and enjoy.
Posted By: lionclaws

Re: Mech Builder - newest version, free full test - 12/21/07 07:31

Interesting work...I like it especially the quality is really good.Keep up the good work man. btw the new upload works fine.

Re: Mech Builder - newest version, free full test - 12/21/07 13:35

I liked it, didnt go much past the tutorial, but already seemed fun.
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: Mech Builder - newest version, free full test - 01/19/08 18:11

download link doesn't work, and the one on the website just leads to the games page
Posted By: Scorpion

Re: Mech Builder - newest version, free full test - 01/20/08 21:05

this link:
http://www.akithgames.com/Mech_Builder_Setup_ver_t01.exe
does not work
e404...

Re: Mech Builder - newest version, free full test - 02/29/08 16:11

hello again. I played that game and it's great, but when I came to the level "killfesta" and i killed all monsters nothing happened. I would really appreciate if you could fix that.

Re: Mech Builder - newest version, free full test - 03/01/08 15:33

Hello, new download link:

download

Re: Mech Builder - newest version, free full test - 03/04/08 21:16

If you have got the circuit screen on if you loose, all the symbols stay visible and won't go away. So I have to restart if that happens

Re: Mech Builder - newest version, free full test - 03/05/08 03:42

when i go to the upgrade screen the game continues and i get killed if i don't pick fast, i really think that should be changed, use freeze_mode = 1 to stop all entity movement, so that the game is "paused while you are in the upgrade screen, or else it's not very fun, but overall a nice spin on "crimsonland" mecha-style, although i think it's kinda odd to be fighting zombies, but that's me...
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: Mech Builder - newest version, free full test - 03/05/08 06:23

i'm pretty sure that's an intentional part of the game -- you need to enable safe-mode IF you want to fiddle with circuits without frying.

don't remember how to do it, as i only played an older version.

julz

Re: Mech Builder - newest version, free full test - 03/05/08 12:28

you should go to the tutorial first....
You have to press r to get to save mode and then you can work on your ciruit.

Re: Mech Builder - newest version, free full test - 03/06/08 20:51

I am disappointed now!
After finishing the game there is no way to play on. I built my strong mech and there is no possibility to battle with it again.
Would be cool if there were a mode, where you can configurate how many units from which type attack you.

Another point would be that imho the panels are too big, you can't see the units there and if you run into a corner of the map, you loose the overview totally.

I likes the speech-bubbles of the boss more than these red boxes now.

Believe it or not, it is one of my favourite games and i hope you will countinue developing it
Scorpion

Re: Mech Builder - newest version, free full test - 03/07/08 02:53

ok, after my statement i actually PLAYED this game, and well, i like it, it's like a glorified crimsonland with mechas, and way more complex. The node system for upgrades is awesome, although i don't fully understand it ^^'. I'd say it's really good, i haven't encountered many bugs but all in all, good game.
Posted By: Paul_L_Ming

Re: Mech Builder - newest version, free full test - 03/09/08 14:52

Hiya.

I DL'ed it and played it. I like it! It has some serious potential. I can *easily* see a 'big publisher' trying to buy it from you. I can see it now; an online version, were you build your mech and battle against others online, or work in teams to do 'capture the flag' stuff, or co-op missions, etc. Very nice game with some unique ideas (the circuit-building thing...VERY cool!).
© 2024 lite-C Forums