Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes

Posted By: jaknine

Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/18/03 09:29

We recently released a new version of our dancing 3d girls (done with A5), this time it's bikini babes, for a more mainstream market. We won third place in the Summer 2002 Conitec Contest with our demo of 3D Kittens, and Bikini3D is very similar to that demo, but with different environment graphics (it's a beach type club) and of course bikini babes.

You can download a free demo at http://www.bikini3d.com . I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks!
Jak
Posted By: PAS

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/18/03 10:35

WOW It´s beautiful, it´s fantastic,
it´s sexy. It´s fun!
Wow, I would buy the game!

PAS
Posted By: A.Russell

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/18/03 13:43

Nice models. I actually tried to buy one of your packages, but your payment system didn't like my card (funny, everyone else loves it).

One thing I've always wondered about programs like this is, how do you get the models to dance to the beat of the music?
Posted By: VPrime

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/18/03 13:56

There are a few ways to do this, it works similar to having a lipsync type system...
im guessing just have animations for differnt types of movements,and depending on the different "sounds" (parts int he music int his case) it would play that animation.. now this is probably not hwo they did it, just my little "theory" :P
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/18/03 16:06

Why the babe has no shading?
Posted By: Alexander Esslinger

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/18/03 21:48

Doesn't look bad, but you didn't change much since the contest 2002, did you?

I would recommend you to update to a6 with the new lighting system and the bone animations, that would really improve the visual quality. And with the latest a6 version (still in beta) you could even add some shaders (per-pixel lighting, shape blending...).

Anyway, I would rework the security system.
Posted By: Damocles

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/18/03 22:00

Nice Animations, Where Did you get the motion capturing data.
Did you make it yourself?

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/19/03 01:55

Quote:

Why the babe has no shading?

Shading in A5\A6 is done on a per frame basis and does not interpolate between those frames. When the shading is too noticable it looks like it jumps on every frame of animation. I've seen people mention it here in the forum as "dancing shadows". Because of this we had to strike a very fine balance in the contrast of the shading.

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/19/03 02:06

Quote:

Doesn't look bad, but you didn't change much since the contest 2002, did you?

Like I say, this is just a newer version of what we've been selling since 2002 with Strip Kittens, the only difference is that the Bikini3D girls don't get naked. But see the next section for more on this...

Quote:

I would recommend you to update to a6 with the new lighting system and the bone animations, that would really improve the visual quality. And with the latest a6 version (still in beta) you could even add some shaders (per-pixel lighting, shape blending...).

We used A5.51 at one point for some newer Strip Kittens girls and got a ton of complaints from previous users (and demo downloaders) that the new versions did not work on their older video cards (due to the newer way it handled DX). Most of our customers are repeat customers, meaning they buy every girl we come out with, so that was a huge problem. Because of this, we reverted back to A5.24 and re-released those particular girls. We would have loved to use A6 for the Bikini3D girls but the whole point of this project was to make money and a large portion of our traffic base are using older video cards so we kept with what we knew would work on the largest base of computers. We would try the new A6 betas for Bikin3D if we intended on continuing with the 3D girl programs, but we've moved on the other projects and at this point there's not a whole lot of sense in fixing what isn't broken.

Quote:

Anyway, I would rework the security system.

After 10 years in the game development industry I've picked up on a security theory that I follow myself. There is no sense in spending more than a small amount of time and money developing a totally secure system, as that system will be broken in days. We knew Strip Kittens (and Bikini3D) would be popular on the warez boards and that anything we did would be cracked anyway, so why spend the extra time and money trying to fight it beyond a few simple measures to scare off the casual pirates? We're not in this to write secure systems, we're in it to have fun and make money. People will steal no matter what system you have in place.

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/19/03 02:10

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Quote:

A.Russell: I actually tried to buy one of your packages, but your payment system didn't like my card (funny, everyone else loves it).

Hmmm. I'm not sure why as we use a third party payment processor, but there are several ways to get Bikini3D besides just a credit card. Other than that you might want to contact RegNow (our credit processor) for more info on why your card wasn't acepted.

Quote:

Damocles: Nice Animations, Where Did you get the motion capturing data.
Did you make it yourself?

We purchased a basic dance motion capture online and then finessed it for the final result.
Posted By: nightshade

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/19/03 03:57

Muny Vertices good!
Posted By: Damocles

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/19/03 05:02

A little but important tip:
Try:
var d3d_transform = off; // always A5 mode

this will run the A6 engine in A5 mode, there should be no problems with older card then...
Guess you want to use A6 ?

Damocles

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/19/03 06:19

Quote:

A little but important tip:
Try:
var d3d_transform = off; // always A5 mode

this will run the A6 engine in A5 mode, there should be no problems with older card then...
Guess you want to use A6 ?

Damocles

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at that point we'd lose any of the cool A6 lighting stuff, so there would be no real difference.

We played with A6 and also noticed our transparencies, etc. were messed up which would mean reworking a large portion of the project as well. Basically as I mentioned, it works, it sells incredibly well, people who buy it like it, and that's what we set out to do. Any new projects we do with this engine will be with A6, but this is an old project and does what it needs to do. I just thought I'd post it as an example of something that's been professionally produced with Acknex and still makes good money after over a year of release (Strip Kittens is a year+ old).
Posted By: Nems

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/19/03 09:34

Thanks for all the inspiration and confirmation of my concerns regarding the probable graphic cards set of majority purchasers.
I thought that I should hang on to my A5 just in case A6 was too resource hungry.
Cheers.

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/19/03 19:45

Thanks for the commercial perspective.

Your credit card processing company aren't very helpful, though. I wonder how many sales you lost through them, and which credit cards they decline. Mine is a Visa card issued from a New Zealand bank. As I said, I rarely have any trouble purchasing anything with it.

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/20/03 00:27

Quote:

Thanks for the commercial perspective.

Your credit card processing company aren't very helpful, though. I wonder how many sales you lost through them, and which credit cards they decline. Mine is a Visa card issued from a New Zealand bank. As I said, I rarely have any trouble purchasing anything with it.

The unfortunate reality about using a card processor is that cards do indeed get declined all the time. We use a different processor for Strip Kittens and have it set up so we get an e-mail every time a card is declined. Some days we get 10 or more of decline e-mails, but it averages about 3 per day.

Declines happen for many reasons; the card processors call it "scrubbing" and basically that means they decline any card that may appear in any way to be fraudulent, stolen, have problems in some way, etc. It may be that in the past your card number was used by someone else (before you were assigned that number) and that person had troubles with it. It's hard to say. I notice also that you're in Japan, and since your card is from New Zealand and your address is Japan, the scrubbing system may have issues with that (some countries are scrubbed harder than others do to higher rates of fraud).

The sad fact is that we lose several sales every day due to scrubbing but if it weren't for that our "chargeback" rates (when someone claims they didn't buy something with a credit card online, and we eat the cost) would skyrocket, and we wouldn't be able to accept credit cards at all. There are so many people out there making fraudulent purchases online that it would really blow your mind. Fortunately though, compared to actual sales, declines don't really amount to much.

In any event, I'm sorry you weren't able to get your card to work and I'm concerned with the fact that you say RegNow wasn't very helpful. I'll look into that. As an alternative we do accept money orders or cashiers checks sent to our PO box via snail mail if you're interested in that. Let me know by PM if you want to go that route, and I'll get you set up.

Thanks again.

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/20/03 02:04

I'm not going to go to a great effort to buy it. I was bored and it looked like a good amusement. Plus I'm learning modeling, so it was interesting to me.

The thing is, the vast majority of online companies don't decline my card. The only other ones that ever have were systems like yours that were through a third party. Are they are "scrubbing" a bit too hard? What is ten scrubs a day as a percentage of your sales? I asked why my card was declined and got an automated response that gave a list of reasons why they might have declined my card. Just thought I'd let you know.

Nice work by the way, and thank for that info on A5/A6. A lot of people I know can't run anything I make since I upgraded to A6. Then again, by the time I finish developing anything everyone might have bought a new computer.

Posted By: Realspawn

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/20/03 02:26

Its cool stuff and it looks great but i would never buy it cause well ehm it doesnt do anything. It's more a screensaver (A cool one ) then it is a game.

It's fun to watch a mp3 or 2 but then the fun ends. How ever it good marketing by making them dance in bikini's

Lol the tile of this topic draws enough attention.

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/20/03 03:14

Quote:

I'm not going to go to a great effort to buy it. I was bored and it looked like a good amusement. Plus I'm learning modeling, so it was interesting to me.

Check your Private Messages...

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/20/03 03:19

Quote:

Its cool stuff and it looks great but i would never buy it cause well ehm it doesnt do anything. It's more a screensaver (A cool one ) then it is a game.

It's fun to watch a mp3 or 2 but then the fun ends. How ever it good marketing by making them dance in bikini's

Lol the tile of this topic draws enough attention.

Realspawn you hit the nail right on the head.

At this moment we are working on an actual game, in house, totally funded by ourselves. The funding for that project comes primarily from the sales of Strip Kittens and Bikini3D (Strip Kittens selling about 100 times more than Bikini3D does, go figure, lol).

By coming up with these (and being able to create them so quickly thanks to Acknex), these two products contribute greatly to our financial resources we need to create the real games we want to make. They aren't exactly inspired works of art, but they do indeed pay the bills.

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/20/03 05:07

Wow, great stuff dude! It just looks a bit stupid you play songs like "You´re the one that I want" ... however ... Her moves and her eyes got something hypnotic... that´s cool. But 17 Dollar for it are simply too much. Keep on this fantastic work!

PS: But in some parts Russels avater is much better

Sorry for my bad english
Posted By: Digital Dave

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/20/03 09:10

This is very nice work!

Can you reveal to us your art paths for the girls and the animation?

Please?

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/20/03 09:15

Quote:

PS: But in some parts Russels avater is much better

Ask him who made it.
Posted By: myrlyn68

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/20/03 11:43

Quote:

Already has - MoCap for animation, and hand modeled girls.

There are a number of sources which sell standard MoCap files, and then you will need to tweak them a bit for your exact needs.

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/20/03 15:09

Quote:

Quote:

Already has - MoCap for animation, and hand modeled girls.

There are a number of sources which sell standard MoCap files, and then you will need to tweak them a bit for your exact needs.

Details? Software? Jak?
Posted By: EX Citer

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/20/03 16:29

How about more detailed models and some (unrealistic) particle effects like in the shows of michael jackson (exploding shoes and so on ).
Mfg EX Citer

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/20/03 17:03

Yes, this verson of my avatar was by Digital Dave! This was the original one:

I don't know what any of are complaining about. The models look good. It's a simple and effective marketing idea. It's fun, and by the sounds of it, makes money. You could go to all sorts of trouble to make lots of models and levels, worrying about the details and whatever, only to end up with a game that no-one wants to play.

Good on Jaknine for coming up with a good idea.

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/20/03 18:38

Thanks for the credit Alex!

Quote:

The models look good. It's a simple and effective marketing idea. It's fun, and by the sounds of it, makes money.

What he said. The models look very good, and move well. It does what it was designed to do. Mission accomplished I say...

Jak? You there?

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/21/03 00:29

Quote:

Quote:

The models look good. It's a simple and effective marketing idea. It's fun, and by the sounds of it, makes money.

What he said. The models look very good, and move well. It does what it was designed to do. Mission accomplished I say...

Jak? You there?

Hehe yeah I'm just getting here for the day.

The models were created using a combination of 3DSMax and Milkshape, only because they were the first human models I've ever made from scratch and I wasn't sure which program would offer the best results for the engine, lol.

Once I finished the first one (Greta), Dawn handed over the club architecture she'd built, and then I textured it, pathed it, lit it, etc. in WED. Textures were all created in Photoshop.

The beach ball animation was a combination of renders from 3DSMax composited in Photoshop and output as BMP frames. The frames were then imported as skins on a flat screen object in MED, and we scripted the skins to show as a repeating animation in the engine.

Cameron Aycock provided the MP3 dll and I wrote a simple mp3 and playlist player in C-Script that ties into the DLL to handle the music playing.

There are a ton of different camera moves in the full version that aren't in the demo, plus a bunch of different bikinis, etc. Also, in the full version you can walk around inside the club without being tied to a specific camera. Press F1 in the demo for a list of all the keyboard commands. The ones with a * after them are only available in the full version, but it will give you an idea of all the stuff that's scripted in.

That's about it. There are of course a million and one changes that could be made to make it better, but then again it does what we wanted it to do and that was the goal. Not everything done with GameStudio has to be a game... For that you'll have to check out Digital Dave's Beach Blanket Bikini Racers.

Thanks again for all the comments everyone!
Jak
Posted By: moggy

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/21/03 01:21

i have seen enough bazooka billies to last me a lifetime ...anymore and i might have a hardon attack!!!!

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/21/03 02:04

Quote:

For that you'll have to check out Digital Dave's Beach Blanket Bikini Racers.

LOL - That was most gracious of you to plug my game . Thanks amigo. (Note to team: Jak goes on our 'good guys' list)

We very much appreciate your sharing with us. Thanks again!

Here's an idea you might use: Put a mechanical bull in the bar for the girls to ride. It may be a bit 'cowboy' but you might get a game out of it. Version 2?
Posted By: Cameron_Aycock

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/21/03 04:27

Quote:

Cameron Aycock provided the MP3 dll and I wrote a simple mp3 and playlist player in C-Script that ties into the DLL to handle the music playing.

WHOO HOO! Thanks for the mention.

I didn't think you would still be using it since the new media functions are in A6, but GREAT! Glad I could help.

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/22/03 03:46

I believe this guy has learned the number 1 rule in marketing... SEX SELLS!

How about some dancing guys in thongs? j/k
(No I am not gay)
Posted By: ROMAC

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/22/03 03:52

LOL, dancing guys in thongs... LOL

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/22/03 12:02

Quote from the BBBR thread:

Quote:

Check Showcase II if you're lookin' for bikini babes. There's some hot babes in jaknine's thread, and a free demo!

Back at ya jak!

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/24/03 03:13

Quote:

Quote:

WHOO HOO! Thanks for the mention.

I didn't think you would still be using it since the new media functions are in A6, but GREAT! Glad I could help.

Yes indeed that dll has come in handy, thanks!

Hey check your private messages...

Jak

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/24/03 03:15

Quote:

Quote from the BBBR thread:

Quote:

Check Showcase II if you're lookin' for bikini babes. There's some hot babes in jaknine's thread, and a free demo!

Back at ya jak!

Awesome. Much appreciated Dave! And hey, that mechanical bull idea is great. I might just think about doing something along those lines.

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/29/03 01:41

Quote:

And hey, that mechanical bull idea is great.

It's golden. If you don't, I might............
I'll give you first crack at it though since you did so well with this one.

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/30/03 15:31

Quote:

Quote:

And hey, that mechanical bull idea is great.

It's golden. If you don't, I might............
I'll give you first crack at it though since you did so well with this one.

Well we seem to be on the same wavelength as it is. We had been talking about doing a bikini girls on ATVs racer since we came out with Strip Kittens, but we waited too long and you beat us to it, lol! We're pretty busy lately so we can't do anything with a bullriding girl, so have at it if you want. I look forward to it.

Jak

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 10/30/03 23:37

Well, the poses will certainly be similar. Riding is riding. I think this is an indoor activity though, and I loved the artwork in your bar....
Posted By: TAcker

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 11/02/03 22:23

Is there a special dance mode to let the chicks shake their fannies to Mayhem, Celtic Frost and bands like these? If not - this would be the perfect idea? Hope, you agree with my opinion and make a special edition. Maybe with some goth girls, leaher and boots?
... ah , I forgot...
a table dance would be nice

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 11/03/03 02:13

Quote:

Is there a special dance mode to let the chicks shake their fannies to Mayhem, Celtic Frost and bands like these? If not - this would be the perfect idea? Hope, you agree with my opinion and make a special edition. Maybe with some goth girls, leaher and boots?
... ah , I forgot...
a table dance would be nice

Good ideas. Maybe we can do something with that in the future. In the mean time, here's a shot of Alex in some "darker" gear.

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 11/03/03 03:26

Hot-cha-cha! Mind if I ask her for a date?

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 11/03/03 03:45

Hot Chicka, fellow!
But - is it possible, that you change the black/white stripes into pure and sexy black?
And the breasts? Just .. äh... a little little bit .. äh.. you know... more?
Ya - and a bigger mouth - to put something great in.
Then I want her feel from inside.. haha.. and f her like an animal

I like your project very much!
Posted By: old_bill

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 11/03/03 05:14

Please watch your language TAcker and "defuse" your post!
There are kiddies on ths board too!

old_bill
Posted By: checkbutton

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 11/03/03 05:15

Tacker, please watch your language.

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 11/03/03 07:13

@Check und Bill... Leute langsam... ich halte mich an die Regeln.
Das war doch nur eine Passage aus dem RocknRoll-Lied "closer".
Das darf man doch, oder? Ihr werdet doch keinen RocknRoll-Text verbieten wollen.
Ihr könnt die CD ohne Altersbeschränkung kaufen.

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 11/03/03 22:46

lol @ TAcker. Die größe der "Augen" find ich OK... Mich stört nur das selbst bei kommerziellen Games (zB aus JApan) unten rum nix 3D ist ausser die Beine :/ Da brauch ich ja viel zu viel Fantasie Ansonsten saubere arbeite das HoneyBunny (**) Klar kann man einiges anders machen wie größere Lippen aber dann wäre sie nichmehr so einzigartig. Aber wo ich schon bei Einzigartig bin. Die girls sehn sich alle abgesehen vond er Frisur und Haarfarbe (ja, die auf dem Kopf natürlich) ziemlich ähnlich.
Mfg EX Citer

Babelfish: lol @ TAcker. The size of the "eyes" find I to OK ONE... Only even with commercial Games (e.g. from Japan) down rum disturbs me nix 3D is except the legs: / There custom I much too much Fantasie otherwise clean works the HoneyBunny (* *) clear can one some differently make like larger lips however then would be so singular it nichmehr. But where I already with singular am. Girls long yourself all apart vond it hair-style and hair color (, those on the head naturally) rather similarly. Mfg ex Citer

*lol* That looks funny
Posted By: checkbutton

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 11/04/03 01:08

Dein Text war sehr vulgär, hör bitte auf damit. Auch wenn man die CD ohne Alterbeschränkung kaufen kann, so wollen wir hier doch ein gewisses Niveau wahren. Danke.
Posted By: Crossy

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 11/05/03 09:07

whoa going into german mode!
@tacker dont get so excited like that about a game, its not real
Posted By: Alex_powers

Post deleted by jcl - 01/03/04 04:39

Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 01/03/04 05:08

Quote:

so whats the point of it? just to watch naughty girls dancing? or something?

It's a multi-billion dollar industry(meaning beyond dirty old men and basement dwellers), so sex sells. I think that's the point.
Posted By: Neuro

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 01/03/04 10:41

At least some of us are making money...

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 01/04/04 07:24

... and it just makes fun. Nothing else.
Ask the developers - maybe they will make a naked boy, shaking his fanny for you?
Posted By: Neuro

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 01/04/04 17:15

...and I bet you'd like that but if it'll make them money from perverted folks like you then why the hell not...?

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 01/05/04 01:02

Lol, wasn hier los? Wie wärs mit einem tanzenden nackigen Elefant? (HAb nämlichg erade den Elefant für DV2 fertig ) )
You call nude girls (where is the difference between nude and naked?) pervert? What do you call war then?
MfG EX Citer
Peace, brother Lol
Posted By: Alex_powers

Post deleted by jcl - 01/05/04 05:28

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 01/05/04 06:10

Well, why you are thinking it is stupid? I guess I wouldn´t call it a game. But I eather (wie schreibt man das?) wouldn´t call it bad. I like you because you seem to be anoyed by these hordes of guys which are creating and presenting all the day their guns. I am anoyed by them too But I like pretty girls as long as they do not look as in these mainstreams...
MfG EX Citer

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 01/05/04 23:37

It's amusing, it's fun. I've got the bikini one, and I put it up on a big screen at an event I DJed at. People liked it. If I had an office job, I think I'd put it on the screen like a screen saver, because it's interesting, and I'd like to see peoples reactions.

On the other hand, if you're a lonely man wanting to get yourself off, I'd be a bit surprised if you used this. However, that's none of my business.

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 01/22/04 06:22

Quote:

so whats the point of it? just to watch naughty girls dancing? or something?
and u abviusly made it so u can see more skin.

Profit for the developer. Oh, you mean what's the point in YOUR buying it? Why are you asking other people?

Someone found a point, or jak wouldn't be making a profit. Alot of someones in fact........hmmm?
Posted By: Stansmedia

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 01/22/04 13:16

@ Alex: No need in calling it stupid, hes laughing all the way to the bank, and thats all that matters.
Posted By: Doug

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 01/23/04 03:57

They laughed at Deer Hunter too.

I actually spent some time (at the GDC) with some "Adult" video game developers in the Dot-Com age (1990's where have you gone? ) and this dancing game looks smart compared to most of the drek they came up with.

"Okay, we have a wheel that you spin with 36 numbers on it. If the wheel stops spinning on the number you select you get to see some skin". I'm not sure, but I think they made a lot of money with that idea.

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 01/23/04 04:23

A lot of arcade games came out in the nineties with a similar theme (in fact they are still there, at least in Japan anyway). I saw some in the eighties too. If you won at the pool table she took some clothes off, if you won at cards, she took some clothes off, if you won at that game where you had to fill in so many percent of the screen without being caught, you got to see more of the nudy pic.

Those are good too. Gives a tangible reward for accomplishment.

I think what Jak Nine has done here is very clever. He's made a light amusement that can occupy your screen while listening to MP3s.

He's not the only person to do it. I've seen similar prgrams on the net. There's one that dances on your task bar too, and several strip screen savers.

Posted By: zeusmister

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 01/23/04 04:24

sex sells, you don't see fat ugly people in beer comercials, do ya?

if you do a google for "nude game skins" the first sight that comes up has most all of the nude or sex patches for most every popular game there is, Quake 1,2&3, Duke Nukem, Tombraider, the Sims etc. there is even a patch for Brittney Spears Dance Beat (which looks very similar to 3d Bikini) and low and behold there is an affiliate link for Jak's Strip Kittens (the nude version)

In the thread on USA Bass there is talk about the game being on Warez sites and that meaning you made the big time
A more realistic approach might be your game has made the big time when someone makes a nude patch????? and in Jak's case he has both versions and like has been said earlier is LOL all the way to the bank!

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 01/27/04 11:55

Quote:

In the thread on USA Bass there is talk about the game being on Warez sites and that meaning you made the big time
A more realistic approach might be your game has made the big time when someone makes a nude patch????? and in Jak's case he has both versions and like has been said earlier is LOL all the way to the bank!

Yeah but unfortunately we're also all over the warez sites as well!

Thanks everyone for the interesting comments.

Jak

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 03/19/04 07:26

I just wanted to let everyone know that we have recently sold both Strip Kittens and Bikini3D to a very happy buyer who will now be taking over these web sites and software sales. The transfer of the properties will be done by the end of next week after which the new owner will be in charge of these products.

Thanks for all the kind words from everyone, and a huge thanks to 3DGS for making it possible for us to create these projects in the first place.

Jak
Posted By: Nems

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 03/19/04 08:31

Congradulations people and keep up the good work.
Now to work out how to do the same thing and make heaps myself.
Cheers.
Posted By: Julius

Re: Bikini3D - Dancing 3D Bikini Babes - 03/21/04 17:28

ur game looks yummy -- er, i mean good!

Julian

© 2024 lite-C Forums